Alton Sterling, Philando Castile, police shootings. :(

I do think people need to watch out with the whole generalisation of white people though. Im sure most white people you and I know are not the next hitler. ive seen sick things on both sides on social media. didnt we use to call those racists right wing/rednecks/? (because thats what they are?)

why label those horrible people among the good white folk?I think it's counter productive to generalise any race or any religion. it's going backward. we need to get smarter.

No what you said makes perfect sense. Well said.

True!

I do think people need to watch out with the whole generalisation of white people though. Im sure most white people you and I know are not the next hitler. ive seen sick things on both sides on social media. didnt we use to call those racists right wing/rednecks/? (because thats what they are?)

why label those horrible people among the good white folk?I think it's counter productive to generalise any race or any religion. it's going backward. we need to get smarter.

I agree, which is why blanket generalizations or positions on any issue don't do much to advance discussion or solutions. We need more moderate voices and fewer extremists on either side.

I am telling you guys. I think this is the most worried I have been for this country in my lifetime.

I agree with a lot of what you said, Skin, but why are you worried NOW? It's not as if these events are occurring at a more rapid pace than before. Sure, the media attention is becoming more frequent, but this has been going on in the USA for centuries. Nothing has changed, only the coverage.

He does seem to have a certain slant in his postings.

What slant? The truth?

the young turks have a pretty good video on this

https://twitter.com/DJ_MarcB/status/751071149040164864/video/1

I agree, which is why blanket generalizations or positions on any issue don't do much to advance discussion or solutions. We need more moderate voices and fewer extremists on either side.

exactly. people are very extreme on social media (and the media in general)

I agree with a lot of what you said, Skin, but why are you worried NOW? It's not as if these events are occurring at a more rapid pace than before. Sure, the media attention is becoming more frequent, but this has been going on in the USA for centuries. Nothing has changed, only the coverage.

It's also easier to catch these things on video now. Most of these stories would have been swept under the rug without video.

https://twitter.com/ElginCharles/status/751313470000365568

They tried to pin the Dallas cop shootings on a random black guy. Social media quickly debunked him from being a "person of interest" when he was seen on the street (and not shooting) when the attacks took place. They tried to make up false evidence against him in questioning too.

Police corruption is stronger than ever i see...

https://twitter.com/ElginCharles/status/751313470000365568

They tried to pin the Dallas cop shootings on a random black guy. Social media quickly debunked him from being a "person of interest" when he was seen on the street (and not shooting) when the attacks took place. They tried to make up false evidence against him in questioning too.

Police corruption is stronger than ever i see...

A random black guy walking round with an assault rifle during a sniper killing spree of cops?

nintchdbpict0002504935601.jpg?w=576

What are people supposed to think?

At a time when people are being killed, a guy with a gun may arouse suspicion.

erotica blu, on 08 Jul 2016 - 02:44 AM, said:erotica blu, on 08 Jul 2016 - 02:44 AM, said:erotica blu, on 08 Jul 2016 - 02:44 AM, said:

The term came from slavery. If you want to believe Skin is calling white people edible salty snacks go right ahead.

:lmao: It's amazing. A white man being called a racist because he calls out the racist white people and the huge amount of obvious white privilege in our society? :lmao:

IsaacHarris, on 08 Jul 2016 - 10:52 AM, said:IsaacHarris, on 08 Jul 2016 - 10:52 AM, said:IsaacHarris, on 08 Jul 2016 - 10:52 AM, said:

It's just more palpable to me though. I am sure without a doubt in many black communities this is nothing new and has been going on forever. I mean NWA didn't write "Fuck the Police" for nothing.

But I grew up outside of that. I grew up not hearing white people talk in racist ways. By and large most of my life I did think at least in my area that we were past all of this, but then my bubble totally burst. And it literally started after the election of Obama. You see some people might wonder why I am so sour on so many white people. Well its because I am WHITE and I have a special free pass to know how a lot of white people really speak behind closed doors! And I can tell you, it disgusts the hell out of me. I have been disgusted and shocked by things coming out of so many peoples mouths over the last 8 years. Things I would have NEVER expected from certain people, and things I would have never expected from random people who think just because I am white it is totally cool and safe for them to whisper some kind of racist comment in my ear.

This is what scares me. The fact that people that have been closeted with their hidden racism are now feeling more safe to come out and say it. This is without a doubt what has led to the rise of Trump. If anyone else thinks otherwise they are in total denial.

If repeating myself on this topic bothers some people OH WELL! I think this is a serious as hell time and people need to be woken up and have it pounded into them. This is no joke.

I agree with this, but I didn't get that from skins post that he was trying to generalize white people. I for one hate when people say "I hate white people" "white people are trash" it's like insensitive

A random black guy walking round with an assault rifle during a sniper killing spree of cops?

They're in Texas love. Over half the population in the state is armed.

I don't care if he did have a gun. There was already video out there that proved he didn't shoot anything when the cops were getting shot at yet they still post his photo up on their twitter calling him a suspect. He should not have been looked at in the first place. And the fact that they tried to make up false witnesses and evidence just proves they were trying to purposely pin it on him.

his picture is still there on their twitter and he is still getting death threats. Not a single statement from them saying hes been cleared.

Guest Rachelle of London

It's Texas. Everyone walks around with a gun. The guy that sold me an ice cream in Dallas has a gun on him.

I don't think the police were wrong to want to want to question him, he had a rifle and a camouflage t-shirt while people were being shot. Thankfully he turned himself in and was released... he's been all over mainstream news talking of what occurred, and social media has his back as there are thousands of posts about him and his innocence. Now one of the killers has been named hopefully his image will fade and he won't have to put up with finger pointing idiots.

It kind of reminds me of that poor girl who was accused of being the suicide bomber in Paris, the photograph of her in the bath was front page news all over the world. Someone just sent her picture to online media outlets and she was completely innocent and horrified.

Dallas Gunman Micah X. Johnson

070816-micah-johnson-facebook-3.jpg

Micah Xavier Johnson -- the 25-year-old law enforcement confirms as the Dallas shooter -- had involvement with a handful of pro-black and police watchdog groups.

Johnson's social media accounts reveal he was a member of several Black Panther organizations, including The New Black Panther Party Houston Chapter.

Johnson also subscribed to a Facebook group called "The Black Matrix," which aims to dismantle the system it believes "white societal elites" have put in place to "control the perceptions of its Black populations."

Johnson -- who served in the U.S. Army -- had involvement with Facebook communities including "Filming Cops" and "Police The Police," which describes itself as a platform for documenting and archiving police misconduct, brutality and abuse of authority.

Dallas PD Chief David Brown said before they took down Johnson he said he was angry about police brutality and wanted to kill white officers.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/07/08/micah-johnson-dallas-shooting-gunman/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3680988/Pictured-Micah-Xavier-Johnson-25-year-old-shot-12-cops-Dallas-Black-Lives-Matter-protest-killing-five-saying-wanted-kill-white-people-especially-white-officers.html

Guest Rachelle of London

Sadly you will find racists in Europe as well, including France. Don't idealize our continent.

Exactly.