Alton Sterling, Philando Castile, police shootings. :(

It should be considered terrorism. It's terrorism against a specific population, profiled to be shot. Just like terrorist attacks around the world it's becoming an everyday thing in the US. If white people were targeted and victims of these vicious murders there are no doubts in my mind that even the NRA would be doing something.

I'm not a crier but I was in tears watching this last night. How can this still be happening? Being a gross racist (the cop's twitter page bio is like "Trump supporter, conservative, pro gun advocate") is one thing, but isn't the national hatred and controversy other cops have faced enough for COPS TO STOP SHOOTING BLACK PEOPLE FOR NO REASON??? idgi

CNN didn't even report his murder for hours and when the NY Times posted the video the headline was that he "appears" to have been shot. Smh. And now everyone's trying to make excuses for the cop cuz Alton Sterling had a gun in his pocket, was selling bootleg CDS, was charged with sexual assault in the past etc. ugh

And now everyone's trying to make excuses for the cop cuz Alton Sterling had a gun in his pocket, was selling bootleg CDS, was charged with sexual assault in the past etc. ugh

Character assassination is the worst.

Guest Rachelle of London

It IS terrorism. The usual suspects are tryin to undermine the situation in Amerikkka by claiming BLM needs to stop protesting but come on!!!!

This man was shot 6 times for selling CDs???

Killed for selling CDs? Shot 6 times!

If ISIS was doing this the same people would be blasting Islam and muslims on a whole but a white US cop kills an unarmed man YET AGAIN and it's nothing.

It's DISGUSTING

They don't hang black people on trees anymore, the "strange fruits" are now shot dead. It's the same.

On a daily basis it comes to the point where black people are afraid to call the cops when they need them. My sister's ex boyfriend who is a born newyorker left the USA 10 years ago for Costa Rica. He could not take it anymore. Like he told me then "I don't want to be shot dead because one day i'll come home late and i'll be too close to some moron's car".

They don't hang black people on trees anymore, the "strange fruits" are now shot dead. It's the same.

On a daily basis it comes to the point where black people are afraid to call the cops when they need them. My sister's ex boyfriend who is a born newyorker left the USA 10 years ago for Costa Rica. He could not take it anymore. Like he told me then "I don't want to be shot dead because one day i'll come home late and i'll be too close to some moron's car".

It is sickening that this happens. Too many racist evil people in this world.

It is sickening that this happens. Too many racist evil people in this world.

Erika Belle (madonna'ex stylist, dancer...) tweeted about the horrible encounter she had at a private beach on the 4th of july weekend. A woman basically told her kid to be careful with his wallet because a black woman was sitting nearby and she even told her she was a Trump supporter. LIKE WTF ?

Erika Belle (madonna'ex stylist, dancer...) tweeted about the horrible encounter she had at a private beach on the 4th of july weekend. A woman basically told her kid to be careful with his wallet because a black woman was sitting nearby and she even told her she was a Trump supporter. LIKE WTF ?

Dreadful. These ignorant, racist and hateful people are pathetic.

Amnesty International is on it

PRESS RELEASE
JULY 6, 2016
Amnesty International USA Statement in Response to Shooting of Alton Sterling by Baton Rouge Police

“The available video footage of the death of Alton Sterling raises questions about the circumstances of this shooting that must be answered,” said Jamira Burley, campaign manager with Amnesty International USA. "A thorough, impartial and independent investigation must be conducted as soon as possible."

“The use of lethal force in the U.S. continues unabated due to inadequate laws and the lack of accountability for officers who are accused of using unnecessary or excessive force. Without reforms, there will be more deaths.

“According to international law, lethal force must only be used as an absolute last resort to prevent death or serious injury. Laws in Louisiana, and across the country, must be brought into line with international standards.”

AIUSA released a report last year finding that all 50 states fail to meet international standards for the use of lethal force. More on AIUSA’s work on this issue can be found here: ‪http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/campaigns/lethal-force

wow.

Guest Mauro

I'm not a crier but I was in tears watching this last night. How can this still be happening? Being a gross racist (the cop's twitter page bio is like "Trump supporter, conservative, pro gun advocate") is one thing, but isn't the national hatred and controversy other cops have faced enough for COPS TO STOP SHOOTING BLACK PEOPLE FOR NO REASON??? idgi

CNN didn't even report his murder for hours and when the NY Times posted the video the headline was that he "appears" to have been shot. Smh. And now everyone's trying to make excuses for the cop cuz Alton Sterling had a gun in his pocket, was selling bootleg CDS, was charged with sexual assault in the past etc. ugh

That wasn't him.

http://www.snopes.com/alton-sterling-killed-trump-supporter-robert-kinnison/

Twitter's been trying to censor this. His name isn't trending and when you start typing it they don't have the predictive thing. After seeing Mauro's post I typed in "alton sterling killer" and got zero results

Guest Mauro

Twitter's been trying to censor this. His name isn't trending and when you start typing it they don't have the predictive thing. After seeing Mauro's post I typed in "alton sterling killer" and got zero results

Who's name? I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Here's the guy, Robert Kinnison:

https://twitter.com/robertkinnison3/status/750593131347845121

This is heartbreaking.

I totally get why some don't want to watch it, but I believe that the victim deserves everyone to SEE what happened to him.

Force everyone to SEE what's happening. If EVERYONE was forced to watch, there would be more outrage (I'm not talking of those in this thread who are obviously pained and sympathetic to what happened to this victim).

I don't think it would make a difference if everyone watched it. I know that's the goal. Eve posted it and it came on my timeline and it was so short and fast that I saw it. I'm traumatized. I wish I hadn't seen it. Meanwhile nudity is still an issue on social media but we can't monitor murder from being seen?

I do understand that it's important to expose but I truly don't believe things will change. The world is completely and utterly fucked up. Things won't change. The world is full of evil and all we can do is protect ourselves and our families, spread love to one another and just keep your eyes peeled and try to avoid any of these tragedies from happening to us or our loved ones.

I don't think it would make a difference if everyone watched it. I know that's the goal. Eve posted it and it came on my timeline and it was so short and fast that I saw it. I'm traumatized. I wish I hadn't seen it. Meanwhile nudity is still an issue on social media but we can't monitor murder from being seen?

I do understand that it's important to expose but I truly don't believe things will change. The world is completely and utterly fucked up. Things won't change. The world is full of evil and all we can do is protect ourselves and our families, spread love to one another and just keep your eyes peeled and try to avoid any of these tragedies from happening to us or our loved ones.

I think some people need to see it to make them understand how barbaric, horrifying and senseless it is. While I am worried about the dignity of Alton with having his death shown, he needs and deserves justice. People can't bury their heads in the sand about this if they see it. There has to be change. Surely anyone who sees this will be upset, horrified and outraged enough to want and demand justice for Alton and want serious law changes.

Umm this is like the 100th video we see of senseless murders that have gone viral over the last couple of years...and it's been something that has been ongoing for decades...

The "do the right thing" lynching and madonna's like a prayer video as an example of how this issue has been permanently part of our history for over half a century and nothing gets done.

Humanity has been desensitized by violent imagery. They want more violence, more horror, more viral clips so they can comment their distaste for it, run a rally, scream, cry and yell over some candles and go home feeling like some kind of hero.

Umm this is like the 100th video we see of senseless murders that have gone viral over the last couple of years...and it's been something that has been ongoing for decades...

The "do the right thing" lynching and madonna's like a prayer video as an example of how this issue has been permanently part of our history for over half a century and nothing gets done.

Humanity has been desensitized by violent imagery. They want more violence, more horror, more viral clips so they can comment their distaste for it, run a rally, scream, cry and yell over some candles and go home feeling like some kind of hero.

When will things ever change ? This world is so unfair and brutal.

If you truly believe this, then we can start with Hollywood movies and the videogame industry. They are much worse in desensitizing people than viral clips. I think it's a SHAME that the movie industry revels in violence and then pretends to be shocked at the horrors of the real world.

Pardon me for being all doom & gloom, but do yall actually think anything is going to come of this?

The United States of America was founded on violence. This nation's history is one of genocide, murder, rape, slavery, injustice, degradation, exploitation... I could go on all night, really. All we can do is remain hopeful in the face of tragedy & impact those directly around us with our actions/ behaviors. The world is, has been, and will always be a cruel place; we just gotta navigate through it in one piece. It's a shame we can't live harmoniously but that's the reality. This murder, as well as the senseless Orlando Nightclub shooting, are prime examples that my country is NOT as tolerant as it appears.

They want more violence, more horror, more viral clips so they can comment their distaste for it, run a rally, scream, cry and yell over some candles and go home feeling like some kind of hero.

The kettle is hot & the tea is boiling!

Some folks get off on tragedy.