MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sky Fits Heaven

Queen Of Uncancelled Shows!

Just goes to show, the critics have ALWAYS said the same shit........going back to 1985 when she was the new kid on the block....to her 1990 zenith.....through her 1995 "decline" up until the 2000's when she became "old and past it". Surely Madonna is the only artist to sell 300 million albums and either be "over" or on the verge of "over" the whole time.

Just goes to show, the critics have ALWAYS said the same shit........going back to 1985 when she was the new kid on the block....to her 1990 zenith.....through her 1995 "decline" up until the 2000's when she became "old and past it". Surely Madonna is the only artist to sell 300 million albums and either be "over" or on the verge of "over" the whole time.

Exactly :rotfl:

Not onlt the most successful recording and touring female act ever

The fourth most successful recording act period

Exactly :rotfl:

Not onlt the most successful recording and touring female act ever

The fourth most successful recording act period

It has always happened and stuns and annoys me that it still happens today. Madonna always rises above it. Others would have crumbled towards the start of their careers if they had copped a quarter of the trashing and disrespect from the press that Madonna had to deal with and still does.

Guest Rachelle of London

Nora :rotfl:

I will never forget flying all the way to Dallas to find out she cancelled my birthday show. I found out before the dancers. They kept texting me telling me the show is definitely still on even when I got the email from Ticketmaster :lmao: then the tour manager emailed them all to say it was cancelled. I was beside myself. But thanks to Hector and Guy Oseary everything worked out well in the end.

Queen

This review from TG3 was and still is the dumbest shit ever :lmao::lmao::lmao: .The little girl at 1.44 is my queen and hero!: "รจ la migliore! A me piace! (She is the best, I like her!) I am sure she is still a super stan!

A star in decline, surpassed, lack of creativity :madno::dead: Seriously WTF? :madgemanson:

lack of creativity?

BAT?

PLEASE.

the show in berlin 1990 was also cancelled because of poor ticket sales and the concert in cologne was pushed into a smaller arena because of ticket sales

the show in berlin 1990 was also cancelled because of poor ticket sales and the concert in cologne was pushed into a smaller arena because of ticket sales

i think the koln show was moved to dortmund

i think the koln show was moved to dortmund

that.s true. in dortmund there was the smaller venue.

Wow is that the only time in her career she's had to downsize? And at her peak too, what a shock!

Related to my comment above: Does there exist anywhere a list of tour dates that were negotiated, but the plans for which were never materialized? IIRC, the three RIT Tel Aviv shows were announced and then canceled, but never went on sale. It was widely rumored that she was in negotiations to appear in Moscow, Helsinki and Stockholm after Tel Aviv for RIT as well. She was to appear in Switzerland for WTG, but that never came together and she went to Nice instead.

The behind the scenes negotiations for tours have always fascinated me.

Related to my comment above: Does there exist anywhere a list of tour dates that were negotiated, but the plans for which were never materialized? IIRC, the three RIT Tel Aviv shows were announced and then canceled, but never went on sale. It was widely rumored that she was in negotiations to appear in Moscow, Helsinki and Stockholm after Tel Aviv for RIT as well. She was to appear in Switzerland for WTG, but that never came together and she went to Nice instead.

The behind the scenes negotiations for tours have always fascinated me.

I know Arthur whatever aka the Live Nation CEO or whatever personally tried to book Toronto dates for the DWT but the arena was fully booked and they couldn't reroute the tour to fit in dates. And someone on here said that Hong Kong dates fell through for MDNA cuz the stage wouldn't fit any of their venues. And either CT or S+S in Australia fell through cuz the dollar was weak or something

Regarding Australian shows :

- Drowned World was due to start in Australia but feel through as M didn't want to travel this far with Rocco as a young baby.

- Confessions was due to her wanting to get her kids back into school.

- Sticky & Sweet was due to the weak US dollar due to the Financial Crisis.

- MDNA was due to Madonna pulling the plug herself because she was too tired (dates, venues were even booked with tickets all ready to go on sale).

Is there a reason you're not counting the Israel shows? Are you only counting shows that were canceled after tickets went on sale?

tumblr_lnk8k2uVkA1qezxsoo1_500.gif

:wink:

Guest bluejean

It doesn't count as a cancellation unless the tickets were on sale

Guest bluejean

Regarding Australian shows :

- Drowned World was due to start in Australia but feel through as M didn't want to travel this far with Rocco as a young baby.

- Confessions was due to her wanting to get her kids back into school.

- Sticky & Sweet was due to the weak US dollar due to the Financial Crisis.

- MDNA was due to Madonna pulling the plug herself because she was too tired (dates, venues were even booked with tickets all ready to go on sale).

None of these were officially confirmed apart from MDNA. They only reached the point of negotiation.

But while we are here we also know The Virgin Tour was planned to go to Australia.

I AM surprised there was never any consideration for Re-invention. That would have been the ideal show to bring here as it was a Greatest Hits Tour.

She could have toured Australia with WTG. That's some weird business decision i can't comprehend

None of these were officially confirmed apart from MDNA. They only reached the point of negotiation.

But while we are here we also know The Virgin Tour was planned to go to Australia.

I AM surprised there was never any consideration for Re-invention. That would have been the ideal show to bring here as it was a Greatest Hits Tour.

It really wasn't a greatest hits tour though. :rotfl:

Is there a reason you're not counting the Israel shows? Are you only counting shows that were canceled after tickets went on sale?

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/1436838/madonna-cancels-shows-in-israel

Obviously, it's not a cancellation if it's not offically scheduled.

I know RIT Belgium fell through 'cuz there was no venue available 2 fit that slot during the tour schedule;

Confessions fell through 4 pretty much the same reason

& SS finally took place on the Werchter festival ground 'cuz Lenny Kravitz put in a good word about the logistics

& the professionality of the local crew, apparently Guy thought the surrounding streets at the Stade Roi Baudouin

where 2 narrow 4 the trucks 2 move around :rotfl:

To me the Reinvention tour isn't a greatest hits show because she performs most of the American Life album and then a bunch of her usual big hits.

It was definitely marketed as such even though it had 7 American Life songs.

It had the feel of a GH Tour that's for sure. A good amount of cheesiness in that show tbh :lol: THE HIP HOP KILT :(

What an abomination of a costume. Seriously. At least in the last section of S&S with that repulsive "football player at EDC" getup, it was like they were trying for something and failed.

The stupid hip hop kilt was like Arianne Phillips just went to her team and said... "uhhh.... so like.... she got married in Scotland? Yeah? Let's like... put her in a kilt and like... just put a tank top on and some old boxer shorts underneath...yeah...whatever we only have 2 weeks to get these made so just give me a dozen of them..."

And Madonna was just like "Thanks Arianne!" :rotfl::confused: I blame the Bergs.