MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sky Fits Heaven

Queen Of Uncancelled Shows!

Oh man! This sounds like something I would do. :rotfl:

It's a bit embarrasing in retrospect...everyone came to hug and comfort me...of course I didn't tell them...

I wanted to go to DWT in Cologne. This cancellation was a huge deal back then. People had been waiting since TGS - where she had also cancelled the only show scheduled for Germany.

But I got over it fast, saw her in Milan instead :wow:

Oh god, I just remembered that I bought tickets for S&S in hamburg and it was supposed to be my first M concert. When I heard that she would not perform there I was at a funeral and I cried my eyes out. Everyone thought I was crying because of the funeral....didn't know that person so well...god, I feel bad about this now! ;-)

lol Nora!!!!!!

Isn't it amazing how few cancelled shows Madonna have in her tour career? Only 16 dates! What a professional!

The Virgin Tour:

Zero

Who's That Girl Tour:

June 20, Tokyo, Japan - Heavy rain

Blond Ambition Tour:

May 25, Chicago, USA - Throat problems

June 6, Worcester, USA - Throat problems

June 15, Philadelphia, USA - Throat problems

June 22, East Rutherford, USA - Throat problems

July 11, Rome, Italy - Poor ticket sales and a labourers' strike

The Girlie Show Tour:

October 2, Frankfurt, Germany - Technical problems

Drowned World Tour:

June 5, Cologne, Germany - Technical problems

June 6, Cologne, Germany - Technical problems

August 3, East Rutherford, USA - Illmess

Re-Invention Tour:

Zero

Confessions Tour:

Zero

Sticky & Sweet Tour:

July 8, Manchester, UK - Unknown reason

July 19, Marseille, France - Stage collapse

July 28, Hamburg, Germany - Unknown reason

August 20, Ljubljana, Slovenia - Unforeseen logistical problems

MDNA Tour:

June 11, Zagreb, Croatia - Scheduling conflict

October 20, Dallas, USA - Severe laryngitis

Rebel Heart Tour:

Zero

happy096.gif

i still can't imagine BAT ever had poor ticket sales..

Oh god, I just remembered that I bought tickets for S&S in hamburg and it was supposed to be my first M concert. When I heard that she would not perform there I was at a funeral and I cried my eyes out. Everyone thought I was crying because of the funeral....didn't know that person so well...god, I feel bad about this now! ;-)

:dead:

i still can't imagine BAT ever had poor ticket sales..

It did in Italy. The pope's campaign against her caused damage there.

The most professional :clap:

Somebody do Janet!!

tumblr_m3botff7wH1roh79ao1_250.gif

madonna-justify-01-800.jpg

Jancelling has got class to it

I'll say that

The pope's campaign against her caused damage there.

Exactly

All a Vatican, Italian politicians and "Family associations" PR bidding. Our current Italian President Mattarella included, citing "sacrilegious, vulgar and poor artistic merit" reasons. You could say anything about BAT except that it's of poor artistic merit :rotfl:

Coming from those stale grey faced Vatican ass lickers it must have felt rich. All the people in attendance of the first Rome show on Juy 10 raved about it. But of course the press had a field day with it and went along with the "stereotyped Madonna criticism". The only great thing to come out was how she literally destroyed everyone with her Ciampino Airport speech and how loved she was in Rome and Turin :inlove:

madonna-mattarella-2.jpg

165706093-fe11c6e7-4333-49d0-bf38-422b35

mattarella-636806.jpg

http://www.today.it/media/mattarella-madonna-concerto-1990.html

It did in Italy. The pope's campaign against her caused damage there.

It was not the pope's fault, it was pedophile's bishops' hate campaign

QUEEN.

:dead: :dead:

Don't feel bad! We would all have done the same, :lol:

Her next tour should be titled The Zero Cancellation Tour.

Nora! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

OMG BAHAHAHAHAHA I AM DYING LAUGHING!!!!!! I love this forum. Don't feel bad, we all would have done the same.

Exactly

All a Vatican, Italian politicians and "Family associations" PR bidding. Our current Italian President Mattarella included, citing "sacrilegious, vulgar and poor artistic merit" reasons. You could say anything about BAT except that it's of poor artistic merit :rotfl:

Coming from those stale grey faced Vatican ass lickers it must have felt rich. All the people in attendance of the first Rome show on Juy 10 raved about it. But of course the press had a field day with it and went along with the "stereotyped Madonna criticism". The only great thing to come out was how she literally destroyed everyone with her Ciampino Airport speech and how loved she was in Rome and Turin :inlove:

madonna-mattarella-2.jpg

165706093-fe11c6e7-4333-49d0-bf38-422b35

mattarella-636806.jpg

http://www.today.it/media/mattarella-madonna-concerto-1990.html

This review from TG3 was and still is the dumbest shit ever :lmao::lmao::lmao: .The little girl at 1.44 is my queen and hero!: "è la migliore! A me piace! (She is the best, I like her!) I am sure she is still a super stan!

A star in decline, surpassed, lack of creativity :madno::dead: Seriously WTF? :madgemanson:

:chuckle: Glad, you would have reacted the same way! Well, I got tickets for munich instead and dusseldorf the year after! But that day was horrible....I saved all my money to see her and bought train tickets to hamburg and than this happened...ugh.

This review from TG3 was and still is the dumbest shit ever :lmao::lmao::lmao: .The little girl at 1.44 is my queen and hero!: "è la migliore! A me piace! (She is the best, I like her!) I am sure she is still a super stan!

A star in decline, surpassed, lack of creativity :madno::dead: Seriously WTF? :madgemanson:

Only TG3 pseudo journalists could have written she was in decline in 1990 :lmao:

I mean, 1990 is the biggest year of her career!

The little girl spilling the tea, love her :bow:

Didn't she have to cancel her remaining DWT shows right after the 911 attack in NYC?

Didn't she have to cancel her remaining DWT shows right after the 911 attack in NYC?

They were rescheduled.

The DWT dates in LA were originally

Sept 9

Sept 11

Sept 13

Sept 14

They ended up being

Sept 9

Sept 13

Sept 14

Sept 15

All performed and all glorious!

What about cancelling the entire OZ leg from MDNA tour? :1251:

Does that count?

No that was never official. Nice dig though lol

This review from TG3 was and still is the dumbest shit ever :lmao: :lmao: .The little girl at 1.44 is my queen and hero!: "è la migliore! A me piace! (She is the best, I like her!) I am sure she is still a super stan!

:chuckle::thumbsup:

A star in decline :dead:

She was at her zenith. TG3 hasn't changed much. A couple of years ago there was the 100th anniversary of the bra invention and they had a report on feminists in the 70s who burned their bras and were suggesting that Madonna brought everything backwards :rotfl: Pathetic dim-wits

That little girl's enthusiasm says it all to be honest. Their Madonna touring reporting has considerably improved but overall they have a very ciociaro approach, provincial, archaic, preachy and as rigid as a corpse with pretensions of intellectualism. First of all I would like to say to so many of their anchors to take some diction lessons because their consonants are all fucked up. Learn how to enunciate when you're making $200,000 a year, grazie :laugh:

:chuckle::thumbsup:

A star in decline :dead:

She was at her zenith. TG3 hasn't changed much. A couple of years ago there was the 100th anniversary of the bra invention and they had a report on feminists in the 70s who burned their bras and were suggesting that Madonna brought everything backwards :rotfl: Pathetic dim-wits

That little girl's enthusiasm says it all to be honest. Their Madonna touring reporting has considerably improved but overall they have a very ciociaro approach, provincial, archaic, preachy and as rigid as a corpse with pretensions of intellectualism. First of all I would like to say to so many of their anchors to take some diction lessons because their consonants are all fucked up. Learn how to enunciate when you're making $200,000 a year, grazie :laugh:

So True :laugh::chuckle: