Popey Wopey says Christians should apologize to gays

Bill

I know I migh be in the minority here but a pope who actually stands by the LGB community is unheard of.. Regardless of his reasons this has to be celebrated... not mistrusted.

Yes Catholicism in general is responsible for thousands of years of homophobia but gay people shouldn't look at it and take it personally. I never had for a start... I was grown up in a very strict catholic environment and it's not the idea of homosexuality which is condmened it's the whole idea of sex! Sex for fun reasons is forbidden. Only sex within a marriage and for procreation reasons is welcome according to the Catholic catechism. Gay people never had a chance in being accepted because since there's no procreation results (duh!) their sexuality has always been condmened.

I don't define myself Catholic anymore but I can easily see myself as a Christian. Although people think they're the same thing it's actually not. I think this pope is trying to be more Christian than Catholic. I think this pope is trying to reconnect more to a world that has abondened the church and all its arcane views. The problem with the big istutuzionalised religions and sex and sexuality is they have always condmened sex but they actually never explained to us what sex really is... Why it is so wrong in Gods eyes, etc... I think a lot of people have let go of an idea of God simply because they based the ideas of God from this big religions.

Yes Catholic is definitely a category on its own from Christian

But I stll wouldn't fall for all the PR crap that comes out of the guy's mouth

It is not a matter of the Roman Church long standing homophobic stances. The issue is not homophobia, a fear of gays. Try homohypocrisy, or, the real issue here, which is the systematic organised cover up of child abuse, not wanting to laugh at the fact that the wealthiest state/ organisation in the world that has the pretence of professing their own abstinence from sex and expects to dictate how parents should raise their children, what constitutes the original natural sacred family, which I'm sure most people out of 7bn that want to start a family could never really relate to (how natural is that a Virgin would have been impregnated by the Holy Spirit and given birth to the Son of God - a Pagan recurring theme by the way) while warning people about the perils of greed. And yes he may be the leader of Catholics but the financial and political clout of the Vatican extends over everyone on the planet

The Roman Church has slaughtered millions of people all over the world through the centuries, and not just through the Inquisition chapter of its history, for money and conquest, has made of misogyny an art form, endorsed ruthless colonialism and regimes of all political colours all over the world in the 19th and 20th century, has heavily infiltrated US politics, and many other atrocious examples. This is not about LGBT issues only, the Roman Church has walked over the rights of every human being they pretend to claim are created equal in the image of God ever since the Nicean Council allowed Christianity to continue existing after having given original texts about the life Jesus a Pagan makeover. It is a power cult at all effects that doesn't have anyhting to do with Jesus teachings and all to do with the perpetuation of two millennia long temporal self-assertion.

^

But that's exactly my point this big religion - and we're talking about Catholicism now - is radicalised in its institution and it has got nothing to do with God but a lot of people have abondened the idea of a God because of that. A lot of people stopped believing because they realized the church was corrupted and their ideas and rules were way too much for them to follow or to adhere..

What you're saying it's all true but that doesn't discourage me from believing in a God who is Love and lives inside of us. Obviously there's much more but too long to discuss here...Too many people have become atheist because of the church or these big man made religions. Some people are atheist out of convenience. It's sad they deny God just because they have the wrong idea of God. The church's also responsible for it.

Sounds like someone has had his first taste of cock and enjoyed it... Next we will hear that Catholicism no longer frowns upon sodomy, and are changing that verse in the bible about sodom and gammorah to Sampson and Gerbles.

^

But that's exactly my point this big religion - and we're talking about Catholicism now - is radicalised in its institution and it has got nothing to do with God but a lot of people have abondened the idea of a God because of that. A lot of people stopped believing because they realized the church was corrupted and their ideas and rules were way too much for them to follow or to adhere..

What you're saying it's all true but that doesn't discourage me from believing in a God who is Love and lives inside of us. Obviously there's much more but too long to discuss here...Too many people have become atheist because of the church or these big man made religions. Some people are atheist out of convenience. It's sad they deny God just because they have the wrong idea of God. The church's also responsible for it.

I agree that God is possible outside the boundaries of religious talk. Absolutely. Spirituality and religion are two different things. Religion is an arbitrary construct, having thoughts and emotions and asking yourself questions comes with being alive, regardless of where those questions might lead you. Did not understand your post in full I guess. My point in short is that this is another great staged moment of fakeness in the history of Roman Catholicism. As for atheists I have to have respect for them exactly because i believe in the exisence of God or prnciple of creation

Or a force that binds us together, call that what you will. The immanent God we are talking about would never force anyone to believe anything let alone dictate anything to anyone. Which is organised religions work from day 1, injecting fear into people and laying a claim to the need of a mediation between us and the positive forces that unite us, THROUGH THEM ONLY.

And the curious thing is that all organised religions share the same Pagan heritage. Catholicism is obviously the most blatant example of what is in fact a solar cult disguised as a part of three main monotheistic religions.

Sounds like someone has had his first taste of cock and enjoyed it... Next we will hear that Catholicism no longer frowns upon sodomy, and are changing that verse in the bible about sodom and gammorah to Sampson and Gerbles.

:rotfl:

Splash news

Catholics, married or not, love cock too

I guess the whole world feels more reassured that the Pope is giving them permission?

Anyway back on topic to Francis/Francesco/Francisco

Faker than fake

Chimera, on 27 Jun 2016 - 2:00 PM, said:Chimera, on 27 Jun 2016 - 2:00 PM, said:

Love this so much. And I love how Madonna isn't afraid of calling out a fan when she disagrees with him or her out of fear of hurting feelings or fear it might impact her wallet.

The Honey Badger of pop music doesn't give a fuck. Honey Madger.

While it's just a drip of water on a hot stone, I still think it's remarkable that a Roman Catholic Pope made this statement. I applaud him. Could you imagine his predecessors saying something like that ..?

While it's just a drip of water on a hot stone, I still think it's remarkable that a Roman Catholic Pope made this statement. I applaud him. Could you imagine his predecessors saying something like that ..?

I agree. His statement is still remarkable and important, even if he's not completly sincere.

Religion and spirituality are two different things but they're also dependent of the other.. If you believe in the spirit you just believe in a God who gave you the spirit and if you believe in God you must believe God gave you a spirit or God is spirit. As I said I think she jumped to the idea those people were talking about Catholicism or Islam, etc.. I don't think for one second Madonna would deny the idea of a God. Or the Light as she would call it.

The one that bothers me is if she really believes in God and follows Kaballah, why on earth is she singing songs like Holy Water and Devil Pray? Unless she believes in a different God then it's something I don't understand.

The one that bothers me is if she really believes in God and follows Kaballah, why on earth is she singing songs like Holy Water and Devil Pray? Unless she believes in a different God then it's something I don't understand.

That's basically the whole point of Madonna. Just like she said that a woman can be sexy and intelligent she also says that a spiritual person can be open minded and fun. Things you would expect should be pretty OKAY with society. :-/

What has one thing to do with the other?

None of those songs are about religion.