How do other residents of EU countries feel about potentially leaving the EU?

Guest Rachelle of London

Regardless. These governments are always pushing a military agenda.. According to the media we have to be afraid of Isis. We have to be afraid of Russia. We have to be afraid of South Korea. We have to be afraid of China... People need to wake up and understand if these western countries stopped making weapons we wouldn't have to be afraid of anyone!

And then yes they can use all that money for human resources instead of the military so yes they would create a better social security system as in helping vulnerable people, etc... They always moan the lack of money but their wages are always getting fatter and fatter.. The system goes on completely unchallenged and this is why we are where we are because anyone is afraid of change!

:clap:

No offense but if you want a conspiracy/nwo thread please make one. This is a thread to discuss how other EU countries feel about the European Union.

Fine.. I will stop discussing it on here as I'm from the UK so this thread is about hearing other EU members opinions. Happy days.

EU made great things for Europe, but has for a long time now, the worst political figures anyone could imagine (and they're reflected on each indivudual country..). As it is configured right now it doesn't work in a lot of aspects, and i diserespect as it is.

But i would leave it? absolutely no. It would be dumb, it would be idiotic, it would be devastating for anyone just to consider it.

And i hear a lot of people talking about economic consequences, but very few that remember how and why EU was born, after two WW that destroyed and killed more than any war in history.....and one last note, those talks of exiting are advanced and fueled only by extremist, fascist and populist parties

Being from Denmark, there is no way I want us to leave the EU... but I have to be honest and say that I by now am sick and tired of most politicians... what a stuck up and horrible group of people... most of them do not give a shit about their populations... and they for sure do not work to create better lives for their populations... they work for own winnings and power... and enjoy spreading hate between different population groups to remove the focus from the real problems... themselves :p

Totally agree.

first of all I rather would give more power to the european union, built it more on a system where the parliament has more to say - change the structure of the parliament to reflect the actual populations of the countries. Since that would go against interest, maybe a second chamber should be built up, preferrably also with a majority vote in the council (I know that has been proposed and was shut down by people).

Without more unification europe will spiral into even more insignificance and then we definitely will only follow what others say and side with the "big guys". And even if I prefer rather the US to russia or China, I neither want european society to become even more influenced by the US. I want to keep social security on a half way decent level and hope that people will keep on clinging to the idea that supporting other in need is the way to go and needed.

I totally agree with this too.

I like the constructive discussion of this thread. I kind of imagined that the EU didn't really get as involved with Bulgaria if I'm honest. Good to see that it has a positive impact there and if the only two options were EU influence or Russian influence then I think you guys are definitely better off staying EU. :lol: Interesting what you say about immigrants. Do you think that Bulgarians don't have any confidence in the country kind of...gaining independence (not from EU but rather all of it's historical alliances) and starting afresh? Honestly, I think that's what a lot of places need. Europe (not just the EU) needs to clean out the closet. Actually the whole world does.

It did get involved with Bulgaria and continues to do so.

I don't think the country would gain real independence (no guts here and we are not influential for now so its in our best interest to stay within EU and hope it gets stronger) and I d rather we are in the right club which deffinately is the EU. EU indeed must start rapid political integration. I d be happy with a federation with at least common army, police, finance and foreign policy. I hope it happens and I hope EU is soon prepared for the refugee crisis and the immigration.

The sentiment here in Germany is definitely pro EU and I personally think it would be a stupid idea for Germany to leave the EU.

The EU is such a strong economic force. The most powerful in the world. Sure... as a single country, the US is the biggest economy in the world. But as a unity the European Union make for the biggest one-single market and the largest economy in the world. That is the main reason, why Europe prospered in the past. Because as the world's most powerful economic force you are able to negotiate good terms.

I am not a big fan of the Euro as a currency, because it is bad for a lot of countries, but I believe in the EU as a union. And I think throughout Europe there are strong feelings of leaving the EU in every single country, but those are mostly driven by a minority... they are the far right extremists... though they are getting stronger and stronger... frightingly...