How do other residents of EU countries feel about potentially leaving the EU?

Maybe it's important to hear an Eastern European voice too. We Bulgarians probably got lucky and got in before we were ready. However I believe personally EU is one of the best things that happened to Bulgaria in recent times. But lots of ppl don't think so. Via EU there is a lot of change in the infrastructure etc, and also more importantly in mentality. Lots of positive things happen due to external pressure including fight against corruption, change of juridical system and even gay rights. Much more Western Europeans come and live here and help to change the mentality of the ppl for the better. It's really important to show progress here because there are lots of ppl that are nostalgic about communism, and the prorussian feelings can't be overlooked due to historic reasons - they freed Bulgaria from the Ottoman Empire in 1878. However historically we have also been really closely connected to the Germans when we weren't prorussian and then there have been progress so I see it as a logical progression to stay in EU and make it even more united. Personally I think an European federation would be the best choice for Bulgaria and could really change it. Recent polls showed 75 percent stay vote. However here we have the disturbing emergence of far right parties and some are prorussian. Those are still unpopular and I hope EU does changes in a way that deminishes them even more. Maybe Britain leaving could allow a closer integration as they have traditionally been against that. I hope for the best and I hope EU survives and prospers. But a lot must be done. A EU police of sorts must be established and guard the Mediterranean and the external borders. Eastern European states must help more with the refugees. Economic immigrants must be returned if they come from a safe place and they haven't entered legally.

I like the constructive discussion of this thread. I kind of imagined that the EU didn't really get as involved with Bulgaria if I'm honest. Good to see that it has a positive impact there and if the only two options were EU influence or Russian influence then I think you guys are definitely better off staying EU. :lol: Interesting what you say about immigrants. Do you think that Bulgarians don't have any confidence in the country kind of...gaining independence (not from EU but rather all of it's historical alliances) and starting afresh? Honestly, I think that's what a lot of places need. Europe (not just the EU) needs to clean out the closet. Actually the whole world does.

The problem with the EU is that it was created for economical reasons and it WAS wrong! Yes people need to prosper and live well off but the most important thing in all of that is to get along! You can base any relationship in life but which one will outdo all of them? It's the one in which you base love first; the so called rock of love. The EU was built on the rock of money and it's about to collapse. When the EU is built on the rock of love then it will flourish and make a true difference historically. Now it's just history repeating itself. The big animal eats small animal thing. It's about selfish reasons and desires.. It's not a true community. People have to wake up and accept the gravity of the situation. We completely lost all our values of love and acceptance and unity. Everybody now lives for themselves and it's scarey. That way of thinking/living will always be challenged in a way or another. It's when we start working together, being in unity together we start to change things for the better. Any other way of looking at it it's completely unacceptable in this time and age. The project of humanity is unity. That's why we are here for. It's either chaos or unity. Which one would you choose?

fo us in spain, to be in the EU was like joining a club of rich and democratic countries.Everything was going to better for us, at least for my generation, thye´ve been selling us that for decades since 1986.Maybe even before, but I was too young to remember something.Even when people weren´t interested in the european elections, or when we didn´t agree with something they have decided, to be in the unhiuon was seen as something really good, at least in the media.The euro making everything way more expensive has been the only real big complain about EU,some people were complaining about the TTIP´s negotiation, some people were not happy with other countries enereing the union or trying to enter the union(turkie especially)... but nothing serious. It´s funny, Iñm sure most of the people inj spain doesn´t know who the president is, maybe that´s why we always blame merkel? at least there is a person, a face, a name, to be blamed for all our problems.

somebody has pointed it somewhere, a lot of our politicians have been blaming for a lot of bad things, as if they couldn´t do anything to avoid anything, as when you blame the bad weather...

Thing is Spain, Portugal, Italy and even France lied about their accounts to join. The m$most notorious case being Greece. We are now struggling to balance our debt regarding what is expected from us in Brussels. Germany managed to stay afloat by creating super shitty jobs paid with peanuts.On paper it gives the impression of a country responding to the EU commission rules but in reality people are struggling.

What the EU and the euro did is making us poorer with unrealistic economic goals to achieve for each country especially under a world crisis. Bankers and multinationals are making huge profits on our debts so they have no interest in us getting out of debt hence these unrealistic goals put upon us to keep us under the floating line. It's just what banks do with their clients, they love it when we are in debt so they can make money on interests.

Greece was a huge warning sign we didn't take seriously because the xenophobic cliche of lazy greeks was fed to us. But the domino effect is on, even though they are pouring money to stop the process it's only temporary. Somebody is making huge profits thanks to the EU but it's not european citizens nor their governments. A great idea has been perverted by wolves. 5 years ago, a publication i work for did an investigation in Brussels, lobbies and multinationals all have a key member of the commission in their pockets, they even have special agents working in Brussels whose sole mission is to lobby for them, bribery is a common thing. How come huge multinationals like Amazon and Apple managed to not pay taxes while making huge indecent profits ? Countries like Monaco, Jersey, Luxembourg, Lichtenstein or even Switzerland also pervert the system with their tax evasion policies while being geographically in the center of the EU. A lot of money disappear and thats the money they squeeze out of people with austerity poilicies.

We all thought that would be a great thing. We were sold the idea of a United States of Europe since childhood. It really changed things in some countries, it helped them to build roads (well they were "forced" to to respond to the EU standards), raised their profiles but when iit was time to pay they didn't have the money so they had toask for a credit and another one and another one and another one....One could blame the governments of these countries if they weren't lied to. Portugal was hit full force by this, especially since Barroso was the president of the commission, somebody who not only plunged the country into debts with huge deficits from investments but he also forced the Lisbon treaty on other countries (including France).

The problem with the EU is that it was created for economical reasons and it WAS wrong! Yes people need to prosper and live well off but the most important thing in all of that is to get along! You can base any relationship in life but which one will outdo all of them? It's the one in which you base love first; the so called rock of love. The EU was based on the rock of money and it's about to collapse. When the EU is based on the rock of love then it will flourish and make a true difference historically. Now it's just history repeating itself. The big animal eats small animal thing. It's about selfish reasons and desires.. It's not a true community. People have to wake up and accept the gravity of the situation. We completely lost all our values of love and acceptance and unity. Everybody now lives for themselves and it's scarey. That way of thinking/living will always be challenged in a way or another. It's when we start working together, being in unity together we start to change things for the better. Any other way of looking at it it's completely unacceptable in this time and age. The project of humanity is unity. That's why we are here for. It's either chaos or unity. Which one would you choose?

Where do you live?

Because of our membership of the EU, I've increasingly regarded myself as European, and that identity is uniquely defined and strengthened by working with others from the rest of Europe studying, working and living here. We have the same framework of rights and responsibilities and there are other values in common too. With the UK leaving, that identity is sadly dented, and we have abrogated the right to shape much, but not all, of the future of Europe, politically and economically.

And for my British/Irish identity. I have for all of my life been comfortable about this duality. In the immediate aftermath of the Referendum, Today I'm less comfortable with my British identity. I will need time to work out how I feel. Is it important for me? Everyone here will feel differently according largely to their upbringing and I respect that. For me, I reflect on my Southern Irish family's uneasy journey from a proud British identity to a now proud Irish identity made so much easier from dramatic liberalisation of thought and practice there.

I've always been put off by over exuberant displays of nationalism no matter where that may be. Here we do have those displays and I'm utterly turned off, even nauseated, by them.

This is personal, so please respect that.

The UK is home to me, but equally, Ireland is home to me too. I've 4 cousins in the South, 1 only in the North, my Northern father worked in Dublin for years, met my mother there while playing tennis and my only brother and sibling was born in Dublin. I observed from the 2000's onwards the progress and changes to politics, religion and social life in the South. I've also seen the progress here in the North and I'm doing my part in helping to shape a society here more inclusive, accepting and respectful.
Then if Scotland leaves the Union, how does that leave us? Will that trigger dissident terrorism on both sides? I concerned about this. I want my later years (am 23 now) to be peaceful.

So, there you are now. If I'm confused about identity, so may many of you be too. At the moment, I'm in mourning. When I was in Dublin yesterday, this feeling was heightened.

Because of our membership of the EU, I've increasingly regarded myself as European, and that identity is uniquely defined and strengthened by working with others from the rest of Europe studying, working and living here. We have the same framework of rights and responsibilities and there are other values in common too. With the UK leaving, that identity is sadly dented, and we have abrogated the right to shape much, but not all, of the future of Europe, politically and economically.

And for my British/Irish identity. I have for all of my life been comfortable about this duality. In the immediate aftermath of the Referendum, Today I'm less comfortable with my British identity. I will need time to work out how I feel. Is it important for me? Everyone here will feel differently according largely to their upbringing and I respect that. For me, I reflect on my Southern Irish family's uneasy journey from a proud British identity to a now proud Irish identity made so much easier from dramatic liberalisation of thought and practice there.

I've always been put off by over exuberant displays of nationalism no matter where that may be. Here we do have those displays and I'm utterly turned off, even nauseated, by them.

The UK is home to me, but equally, Ireland is home to me too. I've 4 cousins in the South, 1 only in the North, my Northern father worked in Dublin for years, met my mother there while playing tennis and my only brother and sibling was born in Dublin. I observed from the 2000's onwards the progress and changes to politics, religion and social life in the South. I've also seen the progress here in the North and I'm doing my part in helping to shape a society here more inclusive, accepting and respectful.

Then if Scotland leaves the Union, how does that leave us? Will that trigger dissident terrorism on both sides? I concerned about this. I want my later years (am 23 now) to be peaceful.

So, there you are now. If I'm confused about identity, so may many of you be too. At the moment, I'm in mourning. When I was in Dublin yesterday, this feeling was heightened.

One of the only things I'm concerned about regarding the UK and Ireland is this. I definitely don't want Northern/ROI wounds to open up again with any kind of protestation etc. That was one of my first thoughts to be honest.

Your true identy lies within yourself. Feel a citizen of the whole world. It's all yours! The land doesn't belong to the ones who own it. It belongs to the one who gave it to you for free! It's your experiences who defines you most of all. Your sense of identy will never dessolve until you're relying on them.

Birmingham, uk

I agree essentially with your idealistic viewpoint but obviously it's a far stretch from reality even if we had remained in the EU. There are still countries that don't have basic human needs covered for. There are still evil regimes controlling people. There are still countries that allow guns to be carried by society. There are still places that don't have a toilet! So yeah...we've a long way to go. I also think you should post a picture of yourself in the selfie type thread in the lounge without a target on your face.

Your true identy lies between yourself. Feel a citizen of the whole world. It's all your yours! The land doesn't belong to the ones who own it. It belongs to the one who gave it to you for free! It's your experiences who defines you most of all. Your sense of identy will never dessolve until you're relying on them.

that's a nice perspective, i've never thought about that before, i'm glad i joined here as this has made me think

Your true identy lies between yourself. Feel a citizen of the whole world. It's all your yours! The land doesn't belong to the ones who own it. It belongs to the one who gave it to you for free! It's your experiences who defines you most of all. Your sense of identy will never dessolve until you're relying on them.

So if fifty people decided to just move into your house...how would you react? Or maybe even knock down your property and build their own there. After all, the land doesn't belong to the ones who own it. :lmao:

It's not overnight. It's over TWO YEARS. Wasn't it the EU asking the UK to get out ASAP?

Overnight within the context of 2 years vs 43 of membership. So overnight yes, the right word, in terms of time proportions. Do you know why Britain joined the EU back in the 70s to begin with? Your economy was in the toilet and it was THEN convenient to. And by Britain I don't mean the people but their governments and politicians. We are all lied to and manipulated in regards to big issues, it's never the people's fault but we can at least make an effort and have a responsibility to understand the facts better

And yes what do you expect the EU to say now? Take your time while the uncertainty piles up on the volatility effect? Sure!! HSBC has just announced they will move headquarters from London to Paris

If only you addressed these issues without the faux Paris Hilton persona, leave that to other sections of the forum. On top of constantly evading the arguments presented

It's not about being pro Leave or pro Remain but about discussing it without being childish about it and without patronising those that have merely said that some people in Britan do not fully understand the consequences and are stuck in an emperial past that doesn't exist anymore

Do you know that the Commonwealth countries are now doing more business with BRICS economies (Brasil, Russia, India, China, South Africa)? Those same economies that are now saying UP YOURS to the petrodollar system. Oh yes "Britain had an empire, we'll find someone to do business with" :rotfl: Ok then

The main point remains, was it necessary to have all this sharade play out in politics and on the markets (globally) if Britain, like non EU member Norway has to, even with this exit result, will have to pay big money to the EU and subscribe to anything they decide, REGARDLESS?

Not to mention the geopolitical effects of all of this, with terrorism issues at play, confrontations with Russia over the handling of Middle East issues etc. 1929 forgotten

Your true identy lies within yourself. Feel a citizen of the whole world. It's all yours! The land doesn't belong to the ones who own it. It belongs to the one who gave it to you for free! It's your experiences who defines you most of all. Your sense of identy will never dessolve until you're relying on them.

:clap:

So if fifty people decided to just move into your house...how would you react? Or maybe even knock down your property and build their own there. After all, the land doesn't belong to the ones who own it. :lmao:

Your point is coming from the adversary and I will break it down for you.

The adversary put fear first. The sense of no achievement. It's says "are you stupid? If you do that then 50 people will decide to move to yours and knock down your property, etc.. "

Problem solved: I will stand by my ideals. If ever that happens I will be prepared for 50 people to come over.. I would actually for them as if they were members of my family. I will get as many people as I can who think like me. We will create opportunities and jobs and situations in which these people will come not feeling different and resentful but they will feel welcome, accepted and ready for opportunities. You see they won't need to knock on my door the door is already open to them.

Beautiful post

And anyway, the UK had a European identity even before joining the EU. Europe is a continent with over 2000 years of development behind. The EU is a 50 year old poltical construct. Even just talking about history and culture we are intrinsically more united than this EU issue is used to divide people

Overnight within the context of 2 years vs 43 of membership. So overnight yes, the right word, in terms of time proportions.

No honey. Unless TIME PROPORTIONS means that the Britain EU marriage has only been 21.5 days long. :rotfl: Seriously, what are you even talking about? This isn't the TELL BRITISH PEOPLE ABOUT THEIR COUNTRY thread. If you want to talk about your experiences in Italy then this thread is for you...as you might be able to tell from the thread title. I specifically want a thread that wasn't filled with your monologues and so far it's been going pretty well. Let's keep it that way. :thumbsup:

Your point is coming from the adversary and I will break it down for you.

The adversary put fear first. The sense of no achievement. It's says "are you stupid? If you do that then 50 people will decide to move to yours and knock down your property, etc.. "

Problem solved: I will stand by my ideals. If ever that happens I will be prepared for 50 people to come over.. I would actually for them as if they were members of my family. I will get as many people as I can who think like me. We will create opportunities and jobs and situations in which these people will come not feeling different and resentful but they will feel welcome, accepted and ready for opportunities. You see they won't need to knock on my door the door is already open to them.

Honey no it isn't. You think the starving of India and Africa wouldn't come to you? You say you believe in this 'one world' ideal but you clearly don't. There's a reason why every communist regime has fallen. Humans can share, humans can help each other no doubt but we all need some security. If there was no law then why would you work? You could work your arse off and be a really great person and then some person with different ideals would come and rape you of everything you earned. There would be nobody there to go to. No law makers. You would be fucked and the only choice you would have is to suffer yourself or HURT others. I'm not against a capitalist structure because we need it as people. I'm against the deception, lies and suffering in the world. My door is open (especially to helping others) but I am not giving up every piece of autonomy I have to...prove something. That's...stupid.

Honey no it isn't. You think the starving of India and Africa wouldn't come to you? You say you believe in this 'one world' ideal but you clearly don't. There's a reason why every communist regime has fallen. Humans can share, humans can help each other no doubt but we all need some security. If there was no law then why would you work? You could work your arse off and be a really great person and then some person with different ideals would come and rape you of everything you earned. There would be nobody there to go to. No law makers. You would be fucked and the only choice you would have is to suffer yourself or HURT others. I'm not against a capitalist structure because we need it as people. I'm against the deception, lies and suffering in the world. My door is open (especially to helping others) but I am not giving up every piece of autonomy I have to...prove something. That's...stupid.

Your point relies on selfish conflictsalready... so of course what I say will never work with that state of mind. But if the whole humanity will embrace my concept. Then it would be a different story. Now it's all about mistrust and rely on what we know which is the world has always worked this way so it will never change but if we are open to another possibility in which everybody is going to think of collective well being not just our own then things will be different because you won't fear devasting consequences and bad repercussion. Everybody is in it. The world's gone bad because of selfish desires and greed.. Never forget that! People want to have more and more and the idea of sharing doesn't exist anymore. Of course, reality is what it is and I know all I say it's seen as utopia but point is the world is begging for that utopia to become a reality. You seriously think you will thrive on chaos? Anyone with a brain will say we will ALL thrive on unity.

Guest Rachelle of London

No honey. Unless TIME PROPORTIONS means that the Britain EU marriage has only been 21.5 days long. :rotfl: Seriously, what are you even talking about? This isn't the TELL BRITISH PEOPLE ABOUT THEIR COUNTRY thread. If you want to talk about your experiences in Italy then this thread is for you...as you might be able to tell from the thread title. I specifically want a thread that wasn't filled with your monologues and so far it's been going pretty well. Let's keep it that way. :thumbsup:

Stop ass kissing

Beautiful post

And anyway, the UK had a European identity even before joining the EU. Europe is a continent with over 2000 years of development behind. The EU is a 50 year old poltical construct. Even just talking about history and culture we are intrinsically more united than this EU issue is used to divide people

I agree, very true.

I think most people of the other EU countries are sad and shocked about the decision and many wonder how this could even happen. Much of it comes back to a massive lack of information or false information. And there are quite a few who believe many people, especially the poor and less educated people were heavily manipultated by the Leave campaign and most by certain parts of the British media, first and foremost The Sun. The huge amount of false information and even lies that were printed is insane. Obusing the meaning of freedom of press. Unfortunately The Sun and other tabloids cater to those people who can be easily manipulated. People, polls show it, are the ones that made the Leave campaign a success.

Lies and manipulation is what people of other EU countries think. That "NHS" bus alone. Seriously? Did people ever do the math? Now they do and you see everyone from the Leave campaign is backpaddeling. That 350 million pound per week number was never meant to be understood that way. Yeah right. If this was accounting, someone would be sued for cooking the books.

I think most people of the other EU countries are sad and shocked about the decision and many wonder how this could even happen. Much of it comes back to a massive lack of information or false information. And there are quite a few who believe many people, especially the poor and less educated people were heavily manipultated by the Leave campaign and most by certain parts of the British media, first and foremost The Sun. The huge amount of false information and even lies that were printed is insane. Obusing the meaning of freedom of press. Unfortunately The Sun and other tabloids cater to those people who can be easily manipulated. People, polls show it, are the ones that made the Leave campaign a success.

Lies and manipulation is what people of other EU countries think. That "NHS" bus alone. Seriously? Did people ever do the math? Now they do and you see everyone from the Leave campaign is backpaddeling. That 350 million pound per week number was never meant to be understood that way. Yeah right. If this was accounting, someone would be sued for cooking the books.

I agree 100%.

Democracy is not the best option if most people in a country are ignorant and uneducated. The fact they allowed people to vote and some of them didn't even know what EU stood for should speak volumes. This truly can't be a true democracy... Who wants a democracy of fools anyways?! I hope the parliament will stop this nonsense.. No one expected the Leave vote to win. No one.. Even Farage thought the In vote would have won. Now they're all shitting themselves. Is it ever possible no one thought of a plan B just in case England was actually voting out?! Now they don't know what to do.. Idiots! People went to vote out as if it was a sports event... They didn't think of any of the consequences.. that says a lot about the society we are living in..

Even in America that NHS bus thing has become a meme :rotfl:

Over here there is so much hubbub about our media not fact checking when they need to. Sad that it's just as bad over there.

I agree, media showing a lack of effort when it comes to fact checking. But the British media, especially the yellow press, the tabloids, are a completely different beast. The sheer amount of false stories, flat out lies that is printed, is unbelievable. And as I said, the editors and publishers seem to believe they get away with it, pretending they were protected because there is something like freedom of press and freedom of speech. I'm very careful when it comes to comparisons to Germany in the 30s and the rise of the Nazi party. But the similarities become way too obvious. Back then there were papers of a certain publisher that paved the way for the extgremists with their "reporting". Printing lies about certain members of the society, from jews, communists to foreigners (remember the treaty of Versailles is the very reason for the dire situation many Germans had to live in after WWI). And German people, mostly workers and farmers and unemployed, the less educated part of society who were suffering from the current financial and economical crisis, simply believed much of it. And the seeds of hate were sown. People voted for the NSDAP in result. The rest is history. This comparison is not meant to say that British people are faschists or nazis. It is meant to illustrate what a manipulative media can achieve.

I agree 100%.

Democracy is not the best option if most people in a country are ignorant and uneducated. The fact they allowed people to vote and some of them didn't even know what EU stood for should speak volumes. This truly can't be a true democracy... Who wants a democracy of fools anyways?! I hope the parliament will stop this nonsense.. No one expected the Leave vote to win. No one.. Even Farage thought the In vote would have won. Now they're all shitting themselves. Is it ever possible no one thought of a plan B just in case England was actually voting out?! Now they don't know what to do.. Idiots! People went to vote out as if it was a sports event... They didn't think of any of the consequences.. that says a lot about the society we are living in..

Absolutely. That's why most countries do not allow referendums on important issues or a two/third majority must be achieved, which is a much more difficult task. Or they set a high quorum. People always say, referendums are the epitome of democracy. No, it's not. At least nor from my and obviously other peoples perspective. The risk that people who have no idea about very complex issues make a decision that they don't know the consequences of, is a scary thought. Moreso, it's those people who need to be protected from themselves. Looking at the demographics of the Brexit referendum it's very clear that the people who voted for Leave will be the most affected ones if the shit hits the fan.

Here's one Italian's view aired on Italian tv.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Futxf1U2f8

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/683556/Italian-journalist-destroys-anti-Brexit-arguments-blasts-European-Union

Paulo Barnard was presenting his regular slot on economic talk show La Gabbia days before Britain voted to leave the EU, when he exposed some of the most common held myths about Brexit.

Asked if he thought Brexit would create a domino effect in Europe, Barnard replies: “I hope. I hope it will destroy this rubbish.”

He continued: “If a Brit overlook’s Dover’s cliffs, what does he see?

“He sees a Europe that from 2007 to today has lost its GDP to the point of not getting it back.

“He sees an unemployment rate that’s double that of the UK. He sees banking gaps for €1.7 trillion in Europe, that nobody is covering.

“He turns around to the other side and sees an America that from 2007 to today has regained all of their GDP and added 10% to the national wealth.”

Barnard then cites data from economic think tank Open Europe that says the maximum loss for the UK in leaving the EU would be 1 per cent of its GDP. In London, the loss was 1.1 per cent.

Barnard then addresses the threat of a commercial block being placed on Britain.

He says: “There’s just one small detail that no-one considers - Europe exports to the UK 10 times what the UK exports in Europe.

“It will be very difficult for France, Germany, Italy and Spain to lose billions of exports by blocking the UK.”

On leaving the single market, Barnard says: “There are 500 million potential European consumers that are in great trouble.

“While the UK, deregulated and outside the EU, has something like 2.2bn potential customers in emerging countries.”

He dismisses the impact on British business as “bulls**t” saying it will effect 0.4 per cent of the UK’s largest companies such as Shell, GlaxoSmithKlein and Unilever.

To loud applause, Baranrd concludes: “Now the UK wants to leave from this Economocide, from this authoritarian EU and from this nomenclature. Then for what are the Bilderberg’s men trembling for? What are the huge companies afraid of?

“They’re not scared of economic loss - they are scared over the loss of control over a neb-feudal, authoritarian and anti-democratic project called the European Union.”

Here's one Italian's view aired on Italian tv.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Futxf1U2f8

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/683556/Italian-journalist-destroys-anti-Brexit-arguments-blasts-European-Union

Paulo Barnard was presenting his regular slot on economic talk show La Gabbia days before Britain voted to leave the EU, when he exposed some of the most common held myths about Brexit.

Asked if he thought Brexit would create a domino effect in Europe, Barnard replies: “I hope. I hope it will destroy this rubbish.”

He continued: “If a Brit overlook’s Dover’s cliffs, what does he see?

“He sees a Europe that from 2007 to today has lost its GDP to the point of not getting it back.

“He sees an unemployment rate that’s double that of the UK. He sees banking gaps for €1.7 trillion in Europe, that nobody is covering.

“He turns around to the other side and sees an America that from 2007 to today has regained all of their GDP and added 10% to the national wealth.”

Barnard then cites data from economic think tank Open Europe that says the maximum loss for the UK in leaving the EU would be 1 per cent of its GDP. In London, the loss was 1.1 per cent.

Barnard then addresses the threat of a commercial block being placed on Britain.

He says: “There’s just one small detail that no-one considers - Europe exports to the UK 10 times what the UK exports in Europe.

“It will be very difficult for France, Germany, Italy and Spain to lose billions of exports by blocking the UK.”

On leaving the single market, Barnard says: “There are 500 million potential European consumers that are in great trouble.

“While the UK, deregulated and outside the EU, has something like 2.2bn potential customers in emerging countries.”

He dismisses the impact on British business as “bulls**t” saying it will effect 0.4 per cent of the UK’s largest companies such as Shell, GlaxoSmithKlein and Unilever.

To loud applause, Baranrd concludes: “Now the UK wants to leave from this Economocide, from this authoritarian EU and from this nomenclature. Then for what are the Bilderberg’s men trembling for? What are the huge companies afraid of?

“They’re not scared of economic loss - they are scared over the loss of control over a neb-feudal, authoritarian and anti-democratic project called the European Union.”

LOL. Typical nonsense and lies that where thrown around by Brexiteers. Just two things that must have everyone with half a brain scratching their heads, a) the claim that only 0.4 per cent of companies will be affected and b) what is this talk about 500 million people in trouble while the U.K. has potential 2.2 billion customers in emerging markets? (lazy translation?). From my knowledge there are a few ten thousand companies that do business with Europe. That's hardly 0.4 per cent. And what is this talk about 2.2 billion potentential customers? Does he not understand that the U.K. only has trade deals with many countries across the globe though the E.U. If the U.K. leaves there are no trade deals in existence for the U.K. The U.K. needs to negotiate new deals. Usually those things take a lot of time. And why does he believe this is so great for the British economy? Doesn't her realize that the British companies/products are in competition with other countries like China and the U.S. and the E.U. as well. Furthermore, many people in those emerging markets are piss poor. Those are not customers for British goods. Those people will buy the cheap stuff made in China or in their own countries.

But what struck me immediately when I read the article, when he talks about a "deregulated UK". Using this term speaks volumes and clearly shows where this guy is coming from. People who are in favor of a deregulated economy are the worst of the worst and people should be very careful. Deregulation was one if not the main reason for the financial crisis 2008. And who had to bail out all the financial instituations? The general public! They better watch out. And I guess The Express who posted the article is one of Murdochs papers?