BREXIT vote aftermath

Guest Mauro

Cher @cher

Glued 2Brexit results with Frnds203c.png

“Leaves”Have Won.Frnds say Immigration played part in Vote.

1f64f-1f3fb.pngIt’s Best Decision 4 All UK PPL1f496.png1f44f-1f3fb.png

1f618.png1f48b.png

:blink:

She's saying pray that's it's the best decision, blah, blah, blah.

Can’t Believe Am Being Raked Over Coals 4Hoping Vote Didn’t Devastate a ppl I 1f496.png,Country I Lived in,Where I was 1st Accepted,Recored BELIEVE

How Could I Have Been So Blind2049.png I’ve been So Frightened By Shadow Being Cast,By Extreme Right Wing Politicians In 1f1fa-1f1f8.png,I Forgot About The 1f30e.png

Numbers, polls, and votes speak for themselves GU. Sorry about it.

What numbers votes and polls are you referring to? All that has been speaking today is FEAR. A friend withdrew Euros today for his holiday and the difference was literally pennies compared to the start of the week. It's a temporary situation being treated as if it's the end of the world. Crazy.

The saddest part is that it is showing what sheep people are. I mean I know very smart and lovely people who voted on both sides. Certainly not racist bigots voting out. Nor old. Like...why do people just swallow the poison fed to them? XXL has been seeking out the end of the world today by recycling the same 'news' fifty times over. Anybody in the UK had their life definitely ruined yet? 😂😂😂😂 I know I haven't.

She's saying pray that's it's the best decision, blah, blah, blah.

Cher@cher 20h20 hours ago

Cant Believe Am Being Raked Over Coals 4Hoping Vote Didnt Devastate a ppl I 1f496.png,Country I Lived in,Where I was 1st Accepted,Recored BELIEVE

Cher@cher 15h15 hours ago

How Could I Have Been So Blind2049.png Ive been So Frightened By Shadow Being Cast,By Extreme Right Wing Politicians In 1f1fa-1f1f8.png,I Forgot About The 1f30e.png

Liberal. Hah. A liberal sprinkle of hatred and complete intolerance. This is the true poison of this world. Intolerance. Look at people trying to redefine democracy, discrediting the view of older people and making very hateful and judgemental remarks about people they haven't met.

I have one thing to say to them.

BAHHHHHHHH 🐏🐏🐏🐑🐑🐑🐑

He's trolling again.

If I wanted to troll I wouldn't pretend otherwise. Do not try to tell me my intentions because you are WRONG. I'm just waiting patiently for the horsemen of the Apocalypse. Hope they accept credit card because I'm worried about the deficit of pennies that led to this armageddon.

Voters yet to make up their minds on the European Union (EU) referendum question are twice as likely to cite immigration as their main concern than the economy, a poll has found. The results could explain why the Leave campaign has been gaining momentum in recent days.

According to a Sky News poll, of the 29 percent of Brits who are still undecided on the issue, 28 percent are most concerned about the impact the EU has on immigration levels, whereas just 15 percent cite the economy as their biggest concern.

The results are good news for Leave campaigners who have been focusing on making the public aware of the leading role the European Union has played in driving immigration to Britain into the hundreds of thousands a year, while hampering the British government’s ability to reverse that trend.

Make of this what you will. It's no secret of the overlap this movement has with the current state of affairs in the USA and elsewhere. The trends and demographics parallel each other. Polls here in the USA are extremely detailed - they give you an insight into the psychology of the demographics. Sometimes the truth is ugly.

It's interesting how when people are confronted with facts and math these days, the reaction is a frenzy of denial and lynch mobbing. We saw it even with the supposedly purified Bernie movement. So yeah, there's an intolerance problem alright. Maybe just not in the way you're thinking.

Voters yet to make up their minds on the European Union (EU) referendum question are twice as likely to cite immigration as their main concern than the economy, a poll has found. The results could explain why the Leave campaign has been gaining momentum in recent days.

According to a Sky News poll, of the 29 percent of Brits who are still undecided on the issue, 28 percent are most concerned about the impact the EU has on immigration levels, whereas just 15 percent cite the economy as their biggest concern.

The results are good news for Leave campaigners who have been focusing on making the public aware of the leading role the European Union has played in driving immigration to Britain into the hundreds of thousands a year, while hampering the British governments ability to reverse that trend.

Make of this what you will. It's no secret of the overlap this movement has with the current state of affairs in the USA and elsewhere. The trends and demographics parallel each other. Polls here in the USA are extremely detailed - they give you an insight into the psychology of the demographics. Sometimes the truth is ugly.

It's interesting how when people are confronted with facts and math these days, the reaction is a frenzy of denial and lynch mobbing. We saw it even with the supposedly purified Bernie movement. So yeah, there's an intolerance problem alright. Maybe just not in the way you're thinking.

No honey. If you think that 17.5 million people were quizzed as to why they voted 'out' then you are very naive. You're reading HEGEMONY from THE MEDIA. Living in the UK and knowing real people who voted on either side I have a realistic view. These are everyday, compassionate and intelligent people (on each side). The people I know range in age, background, profession, wealth and not one of them is ignorant. The press sells caricatures. Just like when muslims are instantly reduced to 2d terrorists. Just like whatever Trump says about Mexicans. Just like Madonna is apparently a tardy alcoholic. 😑 People need to free their minds fully. These publications are run by millionaires and billionaires. They don't care about people. They care about money. They're sat in their ivory tower laughing at the great unwashed squabble over left and right while they live their untouchable dream. It's so fucked to me that people are not aware of this.

It's not often that one decision can cripple your own economy, damage global investor confidence, imperil one of the most successful alliances in modern history, foster the rise of ultra-nationalists, precipitate the possible breakup of your own country, deeply divide your own party and cause a great schism between voters of every ideological stripe, but this is one of them.

Well done, David Cameron.

:thumbsup:

He wasn't even under any obligation to call a referendum on the matter. It was all about a struggle about power and a dissonance of views within the British Conservative party. Which makes the whole thing rather bizarre, considering he was first in favour of leaving the EU, then opened the possibility of a referendum but campaigned in favour of staying in and now he has resigned because of its result. This is not about being a leftie or a conservative as some simplistically put it. So much more at stake. I'd like to see some of the issues brilliantly presented by Raiders of The Lost Ark, among others, addressed from those that get defensive about the suggestion that maybe naivety was at play here. Not to mention the whole thing has been hijacked into an immigration debate.

No honey. If you think that 17.5 million people were quizzed as to why they voted 'out' then you are very naive. You're reading HEGEMONY from THE MEDIA. Living in the UK and knowing real people who voted on either side I have a realistic view. These are everyday, compassionate amd intelligent people (on each side). The people I know range in age, background, profession, wealth and not one of them is ignorant. The press sells caricatures. Just like when muslims are instantly reduced to 2d terrorists. Just like whatever Trump says about Mexicans. Just like Madonna is apparently a tardy alcoholic. People need to free their minds fully. These publications are run by millionaires and billionaires. They don't care about people. They care about money. They're sat in their ivory tower laughing at the great unwashed squabble argue over left and right while they live untouchable. It's so fucked to me that people are not aware of this.

*IGNORE THE EDITORIAL AND JUST LOOK AT NUMBERS*

Xenophobia exists in basically every country on Earth. The UK is no exception: Polling data shows high levels of hostility to immigrants going back decades before mass immigration began. But the huge increase in immigration in the past 20 years made this sentiment politically potent, fueling an anti-immigrant backlash.

Over the course of the past 20 years, the percentage of Britons ranking "immigration/race relations" as among the country’s most important issues has gone from near zero percent to about 45 percent. Seventy-seven percent of Brits today believe that immigration levels should be reduced.

As a result, anti-immigrant demagoguery has become politically potent. The UK Independence Party (UKIP), led by a Donald Trump–style populist demagogue named Nigel Farage, began life as an irrelevant anti-EU party in the early '90s. But in the past 10 years, UKIP’s poll numbers have soared: It got 4 million votes in the 2015 election, the third-largest national vote total in the country.

UKIP has done this by focusing, obsessively, on the threat from immigrants, both from inside the EU and out. Muslims are a favorite Farage bugaboo. Since the European migrant crisis began, he has warned that EU membership will force the UK to let in large numbers of Muslim refugees.

"There is an especial problem with some of the people who’ve come here and who are of the Muslim religion who don’t want to become part of our culture," Farage said in a 2015 interview. "People do see a fifth column living within our country, who hate us and want to kill us."

But UKIP is also perfectly happy to target non-Muslim EU immigrants, particularly those from Eastern Europe. UKIP treats these people essentially the way Trump treats Mexicans: blasting them, as our new pub friend Bob had, as criminals stealing British jobs.

In 2014, for example, Farage warned of a "Romanian crime wave" in the UK. He has also proposed a law that would allow British employers to discriminate against non-Brits in hiring, calling for "British jobs for British workers."

At the same time, the center-right Conservative Party has also grown more hostile to the EU and the increased immigration it represents, out of both genuine conviction and a sense that catering to anti-European sentiment is good politics. Conservative Prime Minister David Cameron, who supports remaining in the EU, is opposed by about half of his own party’s members of Parliament. Perhaps the most famous Leave supporter, aside from Farage, is Boris Johnson, the Conservative former mayor of London.

Farage and the Johnson flank of the Conservative Party are the reason Brexit happened.

Because they believe (correctly) that Britain can’t radically reduce immigration without leaving the EU, pushing Brexit became one of their top priorities. As immigration has grown, so has their influence. This, along with broader Euroskepticism fostered by the euro crisis, allowed them to push Brexit onto the political agenda and ultimately force Cameron to hold a referendum on it.

Hence why the Brexit vote just happened, as opposed to happening several years ago.

"There are two main political reasons [brexit is coming to a vote]," Will Somerville, a senior fellow at the Migration Policy Institute, wrote before Thursday's vote. "The internal politics of a governing Conservative Party that has become increasingly Euroskeptic, and the anti-immigration-fueled rise of the UK Independence Party."

This immigration rhetoric has, without a doubt, dominated the pro-Leave side of the Brexit debate. Rhetoric from this camp’s supporters, over and over again, returns to the need to reduce immigration levels. "Many campaigners in favour of leaving the EU see immigration as their trump card," the Financial Times writes.

It is also, according to polling, their strongest issue with the public. A May 2016 poll found that 52 percent of Britons believe Brexit would improve the UK immigration system, while only 21 percent said remaining would do the same. Anti-EU voters tend to come either from the ranks of UKIP supporters or the right wing of the Conservative Party.

"The political leverage generated by UKIP and its successful construction of a narrative that blames deteriorating living standards on an ‘open door’ immigration policy — which, it asserts, is a condition of continuing EU membership — motivated Cameron to call the referendum," Ed Rooksby, an researcher at Oxford, writes in Jacobin.

"They have … transformed the referendum into a proxy plebiscite on immigration."

*IGNORE THE EDITORIAL AND JUST LOOK AT NUMBERS*

Xenophobia exists in basically every country on Earth. The UK is no exception: Polling data shows high levels of hostility to immigrants going back decades before mass immigration began. But the huge increase in immigration in the past 20 years made this sentiment politically potent, fueling an anti-immigrant backlash.

Over the course of the past 20 years, the percentage of Britons ranking "immigration/race relations" as among the countrys most important issues has gone from near zero percent to about 45 percent. Seventy-seven percent of Brits today believe that immigration levels should be reduced.

As a result, anti-immigrant demagoguery has become politically potent. The UK Independence Party (UKIP), led by a Donald Trumpstyle populist demagogue named Nigel Farage, began life as an irrelevant anti-EU party in the early '90s. But in the past 10 years, UKIPs poll numbers have soared: It got 4 million votes in the 2015 election, the third-largest national vote total in the country.

UKIP has done this by focusing, obsessively, on the threat from immigrants, both from inside the EU and out. Muslims are a favorite Farage bugaboo. Since the European migrant crisis began, he has warned that EU membership will force the UK to let in large numbers of Muslim refugees.

"There is an especial problem with some of the people whove come here and who are of the Muslim religion who dont want to become part of our culture," Farage said in a 2015 interview. "People do see a fifth column living within our country, who hate us and want to kill us."

But UKIP is also perfectly happy to target non-Muslim EU immigrants, particularly those from Eastern Europe. UKIP treats these people essentially the way Trump treats Mexicans: blasting them, as our new pub friend Bob had, as criminals stealing British jobs.

In 2014, for example, Farage warned of a "Romanian crime wave" in the UK. He has also proposed a law that would allow British employers to discriminate against non-Brits in hiring, calling for "British jobs for British workers."

At the same time, the center-right Conservative Party has also grown more hostile to the EU and the increased immigration it represents, out of both genuine conviction and a sense that catering to anti-European sentiment is good politics. Conservative Prime Minister David Cameron, who supports remaining in the EU, is opposed by about half of his own partys members of Parliament. Perhaps the most famous Leave supporter, aside from Farage, is Boris Johnson, the Conservative former mayor of London.

Farage and the Johnson flank of the Conservative Party are the reason Brexit happened.

Because they believe (correctly) that Britain cant radically reduce immigration without leaving the EU, pushing Brexit became one of their top priorities. As immigration has grown, so has their influence. This, along with broader Euroskepticism fostered by the euro crisis, allowed them to push Brexit onto the political agenda and ultimately force Cameron to hold a referendum on it.

Hence why the Brexit vote just happened, as opposed to happening several years ago.

"There are two main political reasons [brexit is coming to a vote]," Will Somerville, a senior fellow at the Migration Policy Institute, wrote before Thursday's vote. "The internal politics of a governing Conservative Party that has become increasingly Euroskeptic, and the anti-immigration-fueled rise of the UK Independence Party."

This immigration rhetoric has, without a doubt, dominated the pro-Leave side of the Brexit debate. Rhetoric from this camps supporters, over and over again, returns to the need to reduce immigration levels. "Many campaigners in favour of leaving the EU see immigration as their trump card," the Financial Times writes.

It is also, according to polling, their strongest issue with the public. A May 2016 poll found that 52 percent of Britons believe Brexit would improve the UK immigration system, while only 21 percent said remaining would do the same. Anti-EU voters tend to come either from the ranks of UKIP supporters or the right wing of the Conservative Party.

"The political leverage generated by UKIP and its successful construction of a narrative that blames deteriorating living standards on an open door immigration policy which, it asserts, is a condition of continuing EU membership motivated Cameron to call the referendum," Ed Rooksby, an researcher at Oxford, writes in Jacobin.

"They have transformed the referendum into a proxy plebiscite on immigration."

I know hundreds of people and interact with people pretty frequently. If 45% of them had become intolerant to immigration I would know it. That figure just doesn't ring true to me. Of the people who do find it an issue...they're not necessarily racist or hateful. There is definitely a minority who are but it is a VERY SMALL minority.

THIS IS NOT AN IMIGRATION ISSUE but thanks to the media scare tactics and that horrendous fuckwit Farage that's how the world is choosing to see it. We aren't going to turf everybody without a British passport out and preliminary talks are suggesting a freedom to travel agreement will be made. Britain actually ENCOURAGES imigration with many industries actually enploying 'positive discrimination' to ensure fair opportunities for all people. The only thing I'm frustrated about is the anger bubbling beneath the surface that some people seem to enjoy. Why are people so obsessed with one upping each other? Isn't the point to try to make life better for everybody and respect the democratic vote? I would be extremely shocked and upset if Trump was voted in but it wouldn't encourage me to be hateful. I'm not so short sighted.

I know hundreds of people and interact with people pretty frequently. If 45% of them had become intolerant to immigration I would know it. That figure just doesn't ring true to me. Of the people who do find it an issue...they're not necessarily racist or hateful. There is definitely a minority who are but it is a VERY SMALL minority.

THIS IS NOT AN IMIGRATION ISSUE but thanks to the media scare tactics and that horrendous fuckwit Farage that's how the world is choosing to see it. We aren't going to turf everybody without a British passport out and preliminary talks are suggesting a freedom to travel agreement will be made. Britain actually ENCOURAGES imigration with many industries actually enploying 'positive discrimination' to ensure fair opportunities for all people. The only thing I'm frustrated about is the anger bubbling beneath the surface that some people seem to enjoy. Why are people so obsessed with one upping each other? Isn't the point to try to make life better for everybody and respect the democratic vote? I would be extremely shocked and upset if Trump was voted in but it wouldn't encourage me to be hateful. I'm not so short sighted.

All of a sudden polls are a false metric? I dont get it. No one I know voted for Trump. But Trump won the primaries. The polling was dead on. Why would I hangout with anyone who's into him? Of course it wouldnt seem real to me that he had as much support as he did, and that he would win. Doesnt seem like reality. BUT IT IS. Youre using anecdotal stuff from your own life to try and disprove official polling. What?

There is a nationalist movement sweeping across the world and with that comes nasty xenophobia. You can choose to deny it - but it's happening. And yes, it's happening in your country. You live in London - let's get real here. You saw how London voted. Youre not nearly as exposed to all of this. Unless I'm mistaken.

I honestly dont know the ins and outs of all of this or what it means for the world, but I agree with Miguel that their is this xenophobic nationialist movement sweeping many places right now, and it is scary as hell.

I mean for crying out loud all you have to do is watch Madonna's Revolution of Love short film. It's more relevant then ever when you think about it. She felt it during her 2012 tour. Its was palpable to her, and now with the rise of Trump in this country it is palpable to me, and it's gross to witness.

She was right. In many cases people are becoming more and more intolerant and it is starting to reach a boiling point. I am scared to see where it leads next.

I honestly dont know the ins and outs of all of this or what it means for the world, but I agree with Miguel that their is this xenophobic nationialist movement sweeping many places right now, and it is scary as hell.

I mean for crying out loud all you have to do is watch Madonna's Revolution of Love short film. It's more relevant then ever when you think about it. She felt it during her 2012 tour. Its was palpable to her, and now with the rise of Trump in this country it is palpable to me, and it's gross to witness.

She was right. In many cases people are becoming more and more intolerant and it is starting to reach a boiling point. I am scared to see where it leads next.

I don't disagree. It's just that this identity is being forced upon people it doesn't belong on. Many reasonable and educated people voted out. People need to think before they speak because the impact of words can be surprisingly far reaching. People on social media are demanding to know who of their friends voted out. It's like a witch hunt an I'm not comfortable with that.

http://www.theage.com.au/world/brexit-mayhem-as-australians-rush-to-buy-pounds-20160624-gprfuv.html

Brexit: 'Mayhem' as Australians rush to buy pounds

Australian currency shops experienced "mayhem" and the Commonwealth Bank temporarily suspended some foreign exchange after the Pound Sterling fell to its lowest point in more than 30 years following Britain's vote to leave the European Union.

Customers flocked to currency exchange markets across Sydney when the 'Brexit' was announced early on Friday afternoon and the pound fell to its lowest level against the US dollar since September 1985.

1466804352887.jpg

People queue at a currency exchange store in central Sydney to get their hands on pounds. Photo: Sophia Phan

In the steepest one-day fall in the currency's history, the pound was worth US$1.5006 at 5.56pm on Thursday night local time, dropping to US$1.3241 six and a half hours later, when it became clear the Leave vote had succeeded.

Travel Money, which owns 130 currency exchange stores in Australia, said customers rushed to "secure pounds" and had been queuing out the door at locations around the country through the afternoon.

A similar reaction was seen at the company's stores in New Zealand.

"The Travel Money shops in Australia are describing it as 'mayhem'," a spokesman said.

"This does sometimes happen – when the Aussie dollar rallied strongly against the US dollar a few years ago, people scrambled to buy US dollars for their next holidays.

"Brexit has certainly had an impact, but it's been coupled with an increase in demand for FX [foreign exchange] as a result of the upcoming school holidays. Together, these two factors have made it a very busy day."

On Friday night, the Commonwealth Bank confirmed on Twitter it had suspended foreign exchange of transactions that didn't include Australian dollars until Monday morning, aggrieving Australian expats and tourists.

"Due to recent results from the British exit referendum we are temporarily suspending all foreign exchange of GBP pounds and transactions that do not include AUD until further notice," the bank tweeted.

Account holders then responded on social media, before the bank reopened its foreign exchange channels at midnight.

In the Westfield Sydney shopping centre on Friday afternoon, at least eight people were photographed queuing at UAE Exchange.

A worker at the store said customers began queueing to buy Pound Sterling at around 11.30am, when the vote was still being tallied, with the rush lasting for more than four hours.

"There were so many customers," the worker said on Friday evening. "There were more buyers for the pound than usual."

One explanation for this could be currency stores continuing to offer relatively stable prices as some economists said the "bottom [had] fallen out of the pound".

Another could be that the pound is a "more attractive buy after the drop", with buyers stocking up while the price is low to sell later when the currency recovers.

"People were coming and checking the rates and buying," the UAE Exchange worker said. "It's fluctuating a lot, the pound. The rates are good to buy now.

"If you compare two or three days back, we were selling it at 48, 49 [pence per Australian dollar]. Today, it started going up. In the morning it was 51, then it went to 52. A few customers I even sold for 53.19. At the moment it's still 52.52."

Is there anybody who is happy about this decision?

Again, I am a libra. When I see one side tipping so far, I run to the other side for balance sake. By nature. It's built in.

I see not ONE HAPPY PERSON about this?!!!

Isn't that bizarre?

As someone else mentioned there's been no feeling of celebration or triumph. It's all very

32xrfs1.jpg

The pendulum always swings back and forth. There will be unity again some day...people just have to be thrown in a bath of shit stew once in awhile to remember it's better to stick together than go it alone. Human beings have short memories. Unfortunately.

The pendulum always swings back and forth. There will be unity again some day...people just have to be thrown in a bath of shit stew once in awhile to remember it's better to stick together than go it alone. Human beings have short memories. Unfortunately.

Of course there will be unity again, and hopefully in a better sistem for all of us, but, I really hope the people that control the EU, whoever they are ( :provoke: ), because that´s one of the problems, I hope this time they will be the ones choosing the conditions for the UK to rejoin.

You're reading HEGEMONY from THE MEDIA.

this is a huge problem, everywhere

Putin is today busy starting new and profitable agreements with China after the EU obeyed USA and blocked him. He has to be laughing out loud.

WHY UK WHYYYYYYY

Texit :lmao:

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/24/after-brexit-support-soars-texas-secession-push/

After Brexit, support soars for Texas secession movement Texit

By Valerie Richardson - The Washington Times

Friday, June 24, 2016

The campaign for Texas to secede from the union, dubbed Texit, surged after Thursdays vote in Great Britain to leave the European Union.

The Texas Nationalist Movement saw its support jump on social media and on its petition following the success of the British vote, known as Brexit.

So, can we #TEXIT now? asked Michelle Ray, who posts on Twitter as @GaltsGirl.

The TNM called Thursday for Texas Gov. Greg Abbott to support a similar vote for Texans in the aftermath of the British decision.

It is past time that the people of Texas had their say on our continued relationship with the Union and its sprawling Federal bureaucracy, said TNM president Daniel Miller in a statement.

An analysis conducted by the Australian website Vocativ found that more than 5,800 users on Twitter used the phrase after the Brexit results were announced, a five-fold increase from the day before.

The Texas Nationalist Movement petition for a binding referendum on the secessionist effort has gathered more than 260,000 signatures since being posted online earlier this year.

Guest Rachelle of London

I'm gonna get in trouble for saying this in here but Morgan Stanley have denied the rumours that they are moving 2000 jobs out of UK. A lot of the scaremongering we saw yesterday is being back tracked already.