BREXIT vote aftermath

Bad Hair Day... More of the not so Great Brexit Britain... a quick honeymoon for Mrs T? Gave an impressive & hopeful inaugural speech... Didn't sound like a Tory sounded more like a, Green, Labour or Lib Dem...Then she goes and puts Boris in charge of international diplomacy! Can't understand what Mr brexit liar could possibly bring to that role? Mind you it's pretty hard to find a decent Tory at the best of times... I hope Teresa lives up to her wish for social justice... Its her first day & we should give her a chance... Not optimistic though, proof will be her action... More Tory austerity = no social justice... As there is no united effective opposition Mrs Tm could be in power for a while...

Bad Hair Day... More of the not so Great Brexit Britain... a quick honeymoon for Mrs T? Gave an impressive & hopeful inaugural speech... Didn't sound like a Tory sounded more like a, Green, Labour or Lib Dem...Then she goes and puts Boris in charge of international diplomacy! Can't understand what Mr brexit liar could possibly bring to that role? Mind you it's pretty hard to find a decent Tory at the best of times... I hope Teresa lives up to her wish for social justice... Its her first day & we should give her a chance... Not optimistic though, proof will be her action... More Tory austerity = no social justice... As there is no united effective opposition Mrs Tm could be in power for a while...

Boris wasn't shown to be lying about anything and like Chelle said...he is the perfect choice. He is actually a great people's person and a very intelligent man. I don't agree with every policy of his but there isn't one Politician out there I do.

Guest Rachelle of London

I never said he was the perfect choice :lmao:

He's a terrible choice. I cannot stand Boris nor do I fall for his "I'm so dumb" act

I never said he was the perfect choice :lmao:

He's a terrible choice. I cannot stand Boris nor do I fall for his "I'm so dumb" act

Oh who said that then? Was it Johnski? :lmao:

Boris Johnson is Turkish.

I don´t undestand how the politicians are laughing in cameron´s last apperance as a prime minister. The laughs, the jokes...when he has done something really bad for his country, and when the situation is not good...I don´t get it

I know, forget the referendum, for years he has destroyed lives of the British people. Cuts, cuts cuts from the poorest and those in need... yet it's a bunch of LOLZ.

Guest Rachelle of London

Because they're all best mates. It goes to show something when all the "labour" people that want Corbyn out are the same ones heralding Cameron as some form of King. He practiced the total opposite of what labour is about. But these people know what's best for labour. Yeah right. True colours shown more like

Guest Rachelle of London

It looked like it!!! it was more as a company meeting when somebody is retiring!! a group of collegues saying good bye to the old one going to live to mallorca!

Yup. Funny how I was laughed at by some members a few weeks ago for Pointing this all out. But yeah. Believe the media. They all hate each other :thumbsup:

:rotfl:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winner of the most offensive poem competition

Fits with his new post, I guess

A poem about Erdogan

There was a young fellow from Ankara

Who was a terrific wankerer
Till he sowed his wild oats
With the help of a goat
But he didn’t even stop to thankera.
boris2.jpg

Every single major worldwide diplomacy has mocked the choice to appoint Johnson to the post of Foreign Secretary

The British press is largely saying Theresa May did so on purpose so that in case anything should go wrong with the EU dealings he could be used as a scapegoat since he was the most prominent Brexiteer, of course there are the other three newly created Brexit related cabinets, whose heads all come from the LEAVE side.

He referred to Africans as flag-waving piccaninnies in a 2002 Telegraph column mocking Tony Blair's frequent travelling:

_90388592_cd772785-21c6-4ff8-9695-610164

_90390945_gettyimages-142487799.jpg

"What a relief it must be for Blair to get out of England. It is said that the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth, partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies; and one can imagine that Blair, twice victor abroad but enmired at home, is similarly seduced by foreign politeness.
"They say he is shortly off to the Congo. No doubt the AK47s will fall silent, and the pangas will stop their hacking of human flesh, and the tribal warriors will all break out in watermelon smiles to see the big white chief touch down in his big white British taxpayer-funded bird. Like Zeus, back there in the Iliad, he has turned his shining eyes away, far over the lands of the Hippemolgoi, the drinkers of mares' milk. He has forgotten domestic affairs, and here, as it happens, in this modest little country that elected him, hell has broken loose."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

China

In a 2005 column titled "Getting our knickers in a twist over China," Johnson suggested that the country's "cultural influence is virtually nil, and unlikely to increase."
He went on: "Let me assert this as powerfully as I can: we do not need to fear the Chinese. China will not dominate the globe. We do not need to teach babies Mandarin."
Johnson characterized Chinese script as "so fiendishly complicated that they cannot produce a proper keyboard." And on the question of global domination, "the Chinese aren't even out of the paddock."
Johnson later used an unconventional forum to dismiss China's global influence – the Beijing Olympics. As The Telegraph reported, at the ceremonial passing of the flag, Johnson said:
"Virtually every single one of our international sports were invented or codified by the British. And I say this respectfully to our Chinese hosts, who have excelled so magnificently at Ping-pong. Ping-pong was invented on the dining tables of England in the 19th century and it was called Wiff-waff!"
----------------------------------------------
Obama
When President Obama urged the U.K. to stay in the EU ahead of the Brexit vote, Johnson wrote an op-ed in The Sun arguing that the president held a grudge against Winston Churchill and the British empire generally.
_90388590_9584ac6c-a99d-4df5-aa3d-b46859
He said Obama may have been involved in nixing a bust of Winston Churchill from the Oval Office, which could be "a snub to Britain" or "a symbol of the part-Kenyan President's ancestral dislike of the British empire – of which Churchill had been such a fervent defender."
The article drew accusations of racism, as the BBC reported. In comments afterward, Obama "made clear his admiration for Britain's wartime leader."
GW Bush
In 2003, Johnson called Bush " 'a cross-eyed Texan warmonger, unelected, inarticulate, who [epitomizes] the arrogance of American foreign policy' in an unsigned editorial in the Spectator," according to Slate.
Trump
After Trump made comments about supposed radicalization in pockets of London last year, Johnson called them "ill-informed" and "complete and utter nonsense."
Johnson then fired back: "The only reason I wouldn't go to some parts of New York is the real risk of meeting Donald Trump," The Telegraph reported.
Clinton
Johnson compared Hillary Clinton to a "sadistic nurse" in a 2007 column in The Telegraph. "She's got dyed blonde hair and pouty lips, and a steely blue stare, like a sadistic nurse in a mental hospital," he wrote.
The column is actually an endorsement of Clinton's presidential bid, but much of it is tied to his admiration for her husband. He praised Bill Clinton in the column and added: "I am prepared to pay the price of supporting Hillary just to get Bill Clinton once again padding over the shag pile carpet of the Oval Office, even if it is only to bring his wife a cup of tea."
Last year, he argued the comments about Clinton "should be taken in a 'light-hearted spirit,'" as the BBC reported.
Papua New Guinea
Johnson insulted the Pacific nation as part of a dig at parliamentary opponents in a 2006 Daily Telegraph column.
"For 10 years we in the Tory party have become used to Papua New Guinea-style orgies of cannibalism and chief-killing, and so it is with a happy amazement that we watch as the madness engulfs the Labour Party," he wrote.
The comments did not amuse Papua New Guina's High Commissioner in London, as the BBC reported. "I consider the comments, coming from a senior British MP very damaging to the image of Papua New Guinea and an insult to the integrity and intelligence of all Papua New Guineans," Jean Kekedo said. "How far removed and ill-informed can Mr Johnson be from the reality of the situation in modern-day Papua New Guinea?"
As the BBC reported, Johnson sent a letter of apology, where he said that he "meant no insult to the people of Papua New Guinea who I'm sure lead lives of blameless bourgeois domesticity in common with the rest of us."

3f491be1-cc65-4505-9a2a-fb7a6cb0ec1c_16x

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-36796528

http://indy100.independent.co.uk/article/10-quotes-by-boris-johnson-that-are-even-more-terrifying-now-hes-foreign-secretary--WyYV966nSZ

It looks like Theresa May has gone for UK's very own Berlusconi

I can hardly condemn Ukip as a bunch of boss-eyed, foam-flecked euro hysterics, when I have been sometimes not far short of boss-eyed, foam-flecked hysteria myself.

Voting Tory will cause your wife to have bigger breasts and increase your chances of owning a BMW M3.
On the EU and the Nazis, The Sunday Telegraph 2016. Johnson claimed that the past 2,000 years had seen failed attempts to recreate the "golden age" of the Roman Empire.
Napoleon, Hitler, various people tried this out, and it ends tragically. The EU is an attempt to do this by different methods
On Malaysian women attending university, 2013. At the World Islamic Economic Forum Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said that 68 per cent of women were going to be attending university, to which Johnson quipped:
[Female students went to university because they] have got to find men to marry.
On his time as editor of Spectator
Johnson was heavily criticised back in 2008 about a Spectator article which was published when he was editor of the publication. Ken Livingston and a black lawyer accused him of condoning racism after he allowed an article to be published which said:
Orientals ... have larger brains and higher IQ scores. Blacks are at the other pole
US state department spokesperson Mark Toner reacting to the news of Johnson's appointment to the top diplomat spot:
17300-1fb0tz8.gif

Has Theresa May produced a political masterpiece? The UK is stuck between a rock ( it must leave the EU) and a hard place (the costs are horrendous for key sections of the economy and, potentially for the social and political cohesion of the state)

How can this dilemma be resolved? For me Theresa May starts in the only place she can: unambiguously Brexit must mean Brexit. in other words, we must accept the instruction of the people to find a way to leave. But, rather than risk the accusation that she didn't really try very hard, she has therefore rightly said: the people who plot the course and show us how to achieve this purpose must be those who want to arrive there- not any half hearted remainers.

So she has given responsibility for achieving the outcome to those who said they wanted it- Boris in the FCO, Davies and Fox in Trade and Leadsom with the Farmers and Environmentalists. Now nobody can say that everything was not tried and the people who wanted Brexit can now spell out and take responsibility for what it means for people and the country in real terms rather than in slogans. Boris, Davies, Fox and Leadsom must Brexit without trashing the country or its people. We were told it would be easy- so go on lads and lasses. Boris can only succeed by not pissing off the Americans ( ie don't piss off Europe), the trade deal has to be serious ( no massive tariffs or economic crashes) and Leadsom is toast unless she can find a way for farmers not to lose.

Meanwhile May has set two vital conditions: Brexit cannot come at the expense of the unity of the state, and Brexit cannot be for the benefit of the super-rich at the expense of ordinary people. She has said that the UK position must be a joint one with Scotland,- even that there will be no Article 50 until it is agreed. Essentially this means that Scottish trade with the EU has to continue uninterrupted after Brexit. Along with this she has a key ally as SoS in NI who says that the border must be kept open.

For Theresa May this is an each way bet: if the deals they strike lead to the sunny uplands, she is the leader who took us there, if they take us into catastrophe she cannot be accused of lack of effort and she can now in all honesty turn round and ask for a mandate to change course.

Brexit has to be achieved while saving the Union and not causing Foreign Policy or Domestic disasters- a tall order. Indeed Article fifty will not be triggered until we agree how this is to be done in advance. All a great experiment with politics, but very clever if correct. And nothing is certain.

Keep up the good work GU :rotfl:

Copy pasting articles is purely out of reference to comment on developing world stories. It doesn't mean posters doing it don't have an organic decently articulated thought of their own on the matter.

Once again it's clear you assume to know more while you dismiss anyone who argues your politicians have made a laughing stock of themselves internationally. If only your posting in the politics threads were constructive and organic. And not dismissive per se and like "how are you guys doing today", until it touches your country's situation that is :laugh:

Sad to see the face of England's foreign policy is echoing the same racial undertones of Trump's infamous birther freak out from 2011. It really is a low point.

I thought his description of Hillarious was kinda awesome though. He sounds scared of her and he should be.

Sad to see the face of England's foreign policy is echoing the same racial undertones of Trump's infamous birther freak out from 2011. It really is a low point. I thought his description of Hillarious was kinda awesome though. He sounds scared of her and he should be.

Well to some putting a figure like the Johnson bloke in the Foreign Office seems a good idea, considering how he was the most fervent Brexiter, yet the day after the result he aspired to was announced, he virtually refused to answer journalists questions about how he felt about the whole thing and what the next thing to be done in the best interest of Britain and the rest of the world would be .... Not because he didn't want to but because he had absolutely no idea about what to say.

But I'm sure someone who referred to Africans as flag-waving piccaninnies is suitable for that post, of all posts, now, of all times in the global scenario.

I think this move from Theresa May could be some sort of Troyan horse for the whole process to truly start. She certainly looks more of the traditional politician than he does. He looks, sounds and acts like a clown so far. Not that she shied away from bizarreville herself

145395DD000005DC-0-image-a-9_14683884467

ma.jpg

tory-van-620_2628143b.jpg

307AF0FC00000578-3412060-BOLD_WORDS-a-16

Boris Johnson’s new deputy at the Foreign Office is critic who called him ‘Silvio Borisconi’

Alan_Duncan-xlarge_trans++WMa9UVry4mxPoD

Theresa May has appointed one of her most loyal supporters into a senior role in the Foreign Office to spy on Boris Johnson, the new euro-sceptic Foreign secretary

Sir Alan Duncan has been appointed as minister of state at the Foreign Office, making him number two to Mr Johnson, just days after calling him “Silvio Borisconi”, after the former Italian leader who was jailed for fraud.

Sir Alan had made headlines in the House of Commons he raised questions about whether Mr Johnson had what it takes to succeed David Cameron as Prime Minister.

He was also one of the key supporters of Mrs May's campaign when she was gearing up to take on Mr Johnson.

Sir Alan asked Mr Cameron “would you educate the House from your experience as prime minister on how in terms of their country's reputation and success he would compare the undemonstrative competence and dignity of Angela Merkel with the theatrical and comical antics of Silvio Borisconi”.

As I was entering Belfast City Hall yesterday morning, I bumped into the new Secretary of State for Northern Ireland.

He stopped to chat to me, one to one. We chatted for about 3 minutes. I told him of my close personal and family ties with Ireland (the South) and. I made reference to the customs border checks and the ensuing delays and said that I never wanted that to return.

I further said that we (NI & South) were closer than ever, and lived within each others shelter. He agreed and said that he would do all he could to avoid any disruption of the current arrangements between North and South.

I came away rather impressed with this man, and his friendly open manner certainly inspired me with some confidence.

Good luck, James: it's a tough one!