BREXIT vote aftermath

In this country being an ethnic minority doesn't automatically make you liberal. There are a lot of conservative young and ethnic people. More older people vote as well. One general election some MP got in trouble for arranging a coach from nursing homes to the polling stations in his constituencies :lmao:

Also Birmingham has the highest concentration of small businesses, this is also a factor into why they probably voted to leave.

What many people don't realise is that many non UK born citizens are actually affluent in strong jobs/business. Not every imigrant here is sucking at the teet of the government. Not every imigrant is a leftie. OMG THE IGNORANCE. :rotfl:

Guest Rachelle of London

I agree. People voting OUT does not mean they are racist. That's ridiculous. It's all a bunch of stereotyping and pigeon holing going on there.

I was called racist for making a joke about a hotdog and not taking the plight of the situation seriously. Stereotyping and pigeon holing is the absolute worst. I'm so anti social media at the moment it's bordering on bitter :rotfl:

What you're saying is actually supporting Chelle's point. The media/social media justice warriors are telling us that it's racist white octogenarians voting to leave. Reality is the votes come from people of every creed, age, colour and aspiration. I think it's sad that people of age are being discussed as ignorant. It sickens me actually.

Right but in those states, the minority and young vote doesn't trend with the white vote. They vote with the rest of the demographics of the country. But because of multiple issues (which I won't get into right now), they cannot overpower the overall vote in those states despite the the overall trend and their huge population. You can't use a snapshot of 1 region or area to prove that demographics trends are baloney. Polling isn't always perfect but when the numbers are stark, it's tells you everything you need to know about a group.

And to be clear guys, the talk about ageism and racism is coming from you guys. It ain't that deep. Yes I do continue to believe that the elderly often vote with a reclaiming and nostalgic mindset - inherently flawed because the world warps and changes every year. 2006 was 10 years ago, look how different we are just in that period of time.

People have plenty of theories and holes to poke in the way minority and young people vote too. Either way I think any criticism is fair. But the insinuations of ageism and the "poor persecuted white ppl omg" stuff is not really something I'm entertaining at all. No one is being disrespected here and the crying is a little much.

Guest bluejean

It really isn't though! These are manipulated polls! WAKE UP PEOPLE. NOT EVERYTHING YOU READ ONLINE IS TRUE. Jesus christ. What is really ignorant is this. People today think that if something is on Google it must be true. Do people not understand how fucked that is? Do people not understand how much power they're literally HANDING to Google?

I appreciate your point that data gets manipulated but those poll results were widely reported on reputable news sources. And the idea that a lot of the older generation voted OUT while younger people tended to vote IN is HARDLY far fetched. Go out on the street and ask 10 people over 50 their opinion and see what they say.

I'm gonna get in trouble for saying this in here but Morgan Stanley have denied the rumours that they are moving 2000 jobs out of UK. A lot of the scaremongering we saw yesterday is being back tracked already.

No matter if yesterdays information was false, it is just a matter of time the City of London will be under pressure. The main reason for the existence of the City of London is the access of foreign (U.S. and Asian) financial institutions (banks, hedge funds, insurers) to the common single market that is the EU and therefore to all other 27 countries that are part of. Once the UK loses the access to the common single market those institutions will leave as well. Those institutions will move to Paris or Frankfurt to continue their business. The only chance to keep the City going is that the UK strikes a deal with the EU to keep the access to the common single market. And it has been said over and over again, the best deal the UK can expect is a deal comparable to Norways. That means the UK will pay just as much or even more money than before and will still need to comply will all the rules that come from Brussels but will have no say about those rules and decisions. I think it was the Norwegian prime minister who said that all the UK achieves with voting to leave is to loose their seat at the table.

Right but in those states, the minority and young vote doesn't trend with the white vote. They vote with the rest of the demographics of the country. But because of multiple issues (which I won't get into right now), they cannot overpower the overall vote in those states despite the the overall trend and their huge population. You can't use a snapshot of 1 region or area to prove that demographics trends are baloney. Polling isn't always perfect but when the numbers are stark, it's tells you everything you need to know about a group.

Honey close to 80% of eligible voters did vote in this referendum. There's 65,000,000 people here and arouns 35,000,000 voted. Around 45,000,000 are registered to vote. So that leaves around 10,000,000 votes unused. I doubt those ten million are the lefties foaming at the mouth so at best they're probably undecided...as I was. The representation was fair. No need to try to spin it. There are more young people than old people in the country. Regardless every person should be respected in this DEMOCRATIC system. That's the point.

Guest Rachelle of London

And to be clear guys, the talk about ageism and racism is coming from you guys. It ain't that deep. Yes I do continue to believe that the elderly often vote with a reclaiming and nostalgic mindset - inherently flawed because the world warps and changes every year. 2006 was 10 years ago, look how different we are just in that period of time.

People have plenty of theories and holes to poke in the way minority and young people vote too. Either way I think any criticism is fair. But the insinuations of ageism and the "poor persecuted white ppl omg" stuff is not really something I'm entertaining at all. No one is being disrespected here and the crying is a little much.

My comments were not aimed at you at all. I hadn't been in this thread since yesterday when it was blocked for me so I was catching up. The same people making those comments are the exact same ones writing 10 page essays on how Madonna is persecuted for being old and white. No joke. Wasn't aimed at you AT ALL. I haven't even seen you in those race bait threads. Should've made it clearer

I was called racist for making a joke about a hotdog and not taking the plight of the situation seriously. Stereotyping and pigeon holing is the absolute worst. I'm so anti social media at the moment it's bordering on bitter :rotfl:

I laughed out loud. So funny. :rotfl:

My comments were not aimed at you at all. I hadn't been in this thread since yesterday when it was blocked for me so I was catching up. The same people making those comments are the exact same ones writing 10 page essays on how Madonna is persecuted for being old and white. No joke. Wasn't aimed at you AT ALL. I haven't even seen you in those race bait threads. Should've made it clearer

:thumbsup: gotcha!

I appreciate your point that data gets manipulated but those poll results were widely reported on reputable news sources. And the idea that a lot of the older generation voted OUT while younger people tended to vote IN is HARDLY far fetched. Go out on the street and ask 10 people over 50 their opinion and see what they say.

http://www.wow247.co.uk/2015/06/26/funniest-fake-news-stories/

Reputable sites get their press from online sources these days. The internet is pretty quick and expediency is key to news. In other words they will take the risk.

If older people voted out why has that got to be the mass result of xenophobia though? Why can't it be worked related? Or the fact that they had this for 40 years and they feel 40 years of experience is worthy of a vote. To assume the British public over 50 are just racist anti foreigners with no idea is wrong. There are many farmers and fishermen cities outside London that have reported their unhappiness under E.U. governing rules for ages, not allowed to fish in certain waters that are British, their trade suffering.This is the problem with the E.U. It's not a democratic system. You have no say, if we did this would have been a different outcome. If British farmers and fishermen and tradesmen were able to go to the E.U. governing bodies like they do with our own parliaments, if the public had a relationship with the E.U. this whole thing wouldn't have occurred. The only say the public has is IN or OUT, and that's only when they are given the choice.

Yes xenophobia has been a major tool for Farage, but many British people wanted out of the E.U.or changes to the E.U. long before he was even a figure.

The Prime Minister gave his people a say because he thought it would make him look good, the prime minister who has torn this country apart long before any referendum promise, many people couldn't trust him enough obviously.

Birmingham voted leave. It is the most racially diverse city in the UK. The white people there are the minority. People blaming old white people for this hilarious. Old white people are not 51% of the population. Ageism and racism is okay as long as it's not directed at Madonna. GTFOH. It's disgraceful.

On London news last night, there was non whites on the news who voted out too. I remember last night a 35 year old looking black guy went upto the camera at a market and said he made the best decision to vote out, that was in London. And an Israeli man working in the same place said this is a good decision BECAUSE OF IMMIGRATION being too high at the present :lol:. You don't know peoples reasons. Polls are polls, they don't ask everyone.

This was before the vote took place, the BREXIT side is alot more diverse than the remain funnily enough:

This was 12 hours ago, but:

-Pe2t8H7_bigger.jpegSimon Nixon

Jonathan Powell argues on @BBCNewsnight that new UK PM needs an electoral mandate for his post-Brexit negotiating position. Agree.

Guest bluejean

Video footage of one individual is an indication of nothing. I've met a gay person who is against gay marriage, I could take a video of him to show that gay people don't want gay marriage by your logic.

Birmingham voted leave. It is the most racially diverse city in the UK. The white people there are the minority. People blaming old white people for this hilarious. Old white people are not 51% of the population. Ageism and racism is okay as long as it's not directed at Madonna. GTFOH. It's disgraceful.

Birmingham is a very diverse place and there are many many Asian and black communities. But there're also many many white folks who are racist! I don't care how old or young you are. A racist is a racist! Those are the people who won this referendum... Never forget that. If you rely believe the UK is better off on its own I beg you to think this through. It's not just about economics.. It's also about people coming together. Young people had the opportunity to work in over 20 countries now only one if there are still available by the way.

EDL and UKP are the biggest winners here... You really want this kind of England to represent you? Yes or no?

Guest bluejean

I think the overall point being made is fair though. People want to point the blame somewhere but as Gugu and others have said, you can't. It's 52% of UK's population that voted OUT and everyone that voted has just as much right as anyone else. All votes are equal, that is what democracy is.

Guest Rachelle of London

Birmingham is a very diverse place and there are many many Asian and black communities. But there're also any many white folks who are racist! Those are the people who won this referendum... Never forget that. If you rely believe the UK is better off on its own I beg you to think this through. It's not just about economics.. It's also about people coming together. Young people had the opportunity to work in over 20 countries now only one if there are still available by the way.

EDL and UKP are the biggest winners here... You really want this kind of England to represent you? Yes or no?

Firstly, where did I say I wanted us out of EU or EDL and UKIP present? I'm fully aware of the socio dynamic of Birmingham, with my dad being a fully fledged Brummie and I went uni in Aston. I'm also aware of the racism that exists in the city and surrounding areas.

An example my grandparents waking up with swastikas on their door (their not even Jewish but whatever) but the small minority of these small minded bigots does not make up the majority. That's almost as bad as when Trump declared Birmingham a no go zone for white people because it was overrun by Muslims.

I think the overall point being made is fair though. People want to point the blame somewhere but as Gugu and others have said, you can't. It's 52% of UK's population that voted OUT and everyone that voted has just as much right as anyone else. All votes are equal, that is what democracy is.

Fair enough but for those who want to talk about where this leads it's only natural to look at what got them there. Voting demographics are extremely valuable. Without them governing and politics in general would be an even bigger mess than it is now.

What numbers votes and polls are you referring to? All that has been speaking today is FEAR. A friend withdrew Euros today for his holiday and the difference was literally pennies compared to the start of the week. It's a temporary situation being treated as if it's the end of the world. Crazy.

May I ask if you have any knowledge of economics, especially macro economics?

When you say it's only temporary you obviously only look at the developement of the stock exchange and your currency. It will stabilize, no question about it. BUT this is not how REAL economics work. Real economics is much about investment, producing products that will be sold and bought. The first thing to happen because of this uncertainty, which will last until the UK has struck a deal with the EU about a future cooparation, until the UK has finally left. which will take at least two years, is that hardly any investments will happen in British industries that are heavily linked to the common single market. Let's talk about the most obvious example: car industry. Business is going well for car manufactures at the moment. BMW certainly wanted to expand production and widen capacities at their Mini plant. All of this has been put on hold. This is just one example but it very much reflects of what's to come for all industries. This is not scaremongering. This is how economy works. The problem is that all of this has a huge impact on the labour market. At the moment it is just that no additional jobs will be created. If this continues, a job loss is highly likely. And we are talking about well paid jobs here. Think further: production will go down, less products will be sold, profits will decrease, jobs will be lost. What does that mean for the UKs household? Less products sold -> less income from VAT, less profit for companies -> less income from earning taxes, job losses -> loss of income taxes from employees -> rise of unemployment benefits. You see the pattern? This is not scaremongering, this is how certain economic rules work out.

And don't even get me started about what's to come to Bristish farmers once and if the UK has left the EU and no subsidies from the EU will be paid to those farmers.

And about the exchange rate of the pound? Once the UK has left the EU people should pray for a weak pound as it makes your economy way more competitive simply because British goods will be cheaper on the world market than products from countries with a stronger economy. This at least guarantees that British people might keep their jobs. On the other hand, a weak pound will make all imports more expansive. French cheese and wine, German beer .... will be more expansive. And your holidays in Spain and Greece will be more expansive as well. Again all of this is not scaremongering, it's economy. And we will see what happens in about two years. Until then nothing is certain. And here I come full circle, uncertainty in never a good thing.

Guest Rachelle of London

The pound already started to go back up at the end of trading yesterday. Obviously the leave announcement caused it to plunge. I don't get the shock, that was a given. The pound falls even when we have a general election. We can only see what happens in the long term. We haven't even started negotiations yet to even start the process of leaving the EU. The uncertainty as Raider stated is never a good thing.

Guest Rachelle of London

Did anyone see that cock up Ryan Air did? They released a bunch of £9.99 flights to Europe to celebrate UK staying in EU :lmao: we didn't get the £9.99 ones but going to Lisbon for £18 which isn't too bad.

Guest bluejean

Did anyone see that cock up Ryan Air did? They released a bunch of £9.99 flights to Europe to celebrate UK staying in EU :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao:

Firstly, where did I say I wanted us out of EU or EDL and UKIP present? I'm fully aware of the socio dynamic of Birmingham, with my dad being a fully fledged Brummie and I went uni in Aston. I'm also aware of the racism that exists in the city and surrounding areas.

An example my grandparents waking up with swastikas on their door (their not even Jewish but whatever) but the small minority of these small minded bigots does not make up the majority. That's almost as bad as when Trump declared Birmingham a no go zone for white people because it was overrun by Muslims.

Exactly. They are not the majority but they're the ones celebrating and shouting we got our country back! My point is in the end it feels they're the true winners in all this which is extremely sad because that sort of mentality should never be rewarded in this time and age.

I'm still completly amazed by this :

https://www.facebook.com/TheIndependentOnline/videos/10153751384736636/?pnref=story

They lied to people to make them vote leave. Every politician does in every country but to backtrack as soon as people voted in your favour...

(and that Pig Moron on the left)

Guest Rachelle of London

Did anyone see the chav on the news talking about Europeans stealing jobs and they asked her if she's looking for a job and she said no.

:rotfl:

It's all so very depressing...and stupid! We are much better off as part of a unified Europe. I just pray for a second referendum or hope whoever gets next into power at 10 Downing Street halts the proceedings somehow. If it follows through and Scotland becomes independent you can be sure I will up sticks and move as some of my family are already based there.