German shooting

Guest Rachelle of London

Guest Rachelle of London

As many as 50 people have been wounded in a shooting at a cinema complex in Germany, according to local media reports.

An armed man has reportedly barricaded himself inside the Kinopolis cinema complex, located in the town of Viernheim in western Germany.

German media reports suggest the man wore a mask and carried a gun and ammunition belt.

Police have said there is an "unclear threat situation" probably involving a weapon at a movie theatre.

A spokeswoman said she could not provide any further information on what was happening.

German newspapers have reported that elite police are on their way to the scene.

Guest Rachelle of London

Yeah sky news saying he's barricaded in with ammunition belt. Special forces on the way. Hostages inside

Can't handle this world anymore. I had to deactivate Facebook for a bit because I'm so tired of seeing all the pictures of animals being abused, homophobia, political arguments... So much sadness and chaos. And yeah I know deactivating is a bit dramatic but honestly if I didn't do that, I'd just keep checking it because I have no self control, it's such a habit.

These poor people in Germany. Somehow, someway, this has to stop.

Looks like the gunman was not a muslim, either wise the press would call it as a terroristic act. They call as amok, so some cristian disturbed guy....the double standard of the press.....

What are Germany's gun control policies?

From my knowledge it is almost impossible for a normal citizen to buy a gun legally. Usually only hunters or people who practice shooting as a sport will get permissions to buy a gun. Those permission are limited to 3 years. After this time you have to apply again. The guns will need to be locked away safely when not in use. You will get in big big trouble if someone without a permission gets hands on those weapons.

Raider is correct.

I don't think it's legal to buy a normal handgun such as a 9mm etc.

What you can have is a gas gun.

A gas pistol is a non-lethal [citationneeded] weapon used for self-defense and other purposes. It is typically a close-to-exact replica or conversion of a real handgun made to be able to fire tear gas cartridges only. Effective range is up to 4.5 metres depending on caliber.

These MUST be registered with the local government officials.

----------------------

The news is now saying 25 injured due to the tear gas released by the gunman. There is doubt his 'long gun' was even real. He was killed by the police.

It is hard to get a license for guns. Even if you have the license, you cannot buy such guns like in the US.

But its way more easier to loose the license.

If I got time, I cant translate the conditions you need to get the license.

It is hard to get a license for guns. Even if you have the license, you cannot buy such guns like in the US.

But its way more easier to loose the license.

If I got time, I cant translate the conditions you need to get the license.

Don't worry. We know that Germany's gun laws are reasonable/civilised. :kiss2:

Looks like the gunman was not a muslim, either wise the press would call it as a terroristic act. They call as amok, so some cristian disturbed guy....the double standard of the press.....

Too funny, have you noticed how left sided people these days are just as quick to point out a killer was not Muslim as much as a right sided person is to point out the killer was a Muslim...?

Someone stole my Easter egg but at least they were not Muslim... The left, such as yourself are just as nutty and paranoid as the right. Everyone needs to go listen to Madonna's Set it Right, which makes a lot of sense these days... Released ten years too early.