British MP Jo Cox Reportedly Shot and Stabbed Repeatedly!

Guest Mauro

Our world has become so intolerant! People getting killed everyday because of different opinions, religions, sexual orientation...

:megamanson:

Guest Rachelle of London

how does that happen with all those gun laws?

Maybe if our gun laws weren't so strict 49 MPs would've got shot

The point is, if you look at the stats by the end of the year, it will be a freak one off. Meanwhile, in the US, there have been seven mass shootings since Orlando.

We do still have occasional gun crimes but a tiny amount which is why this is so shocking.

Good response to that inappropriate comment.

I also saw on the news that a witness said it was a really old looking weapon, not to mention that he also had (and used) a foot long knife.

Guest Rachelle of London

The suspect:

355C201400000578-3644847-Locals_have_nam

Locals have named and identified 'loner' Tommy Mair as the 52-year-old man who has been arrested by police in connection with the attack.

Care in the community

The point is, if you look at the stats by the end of the year, it will be a freak one off. Meanwhile, in the US, there have been seven mass shootings since Orlando.

We do still have occasional gun crimes but a tiny amount which is why this is so shocking.

he knows that. He just want to provoke.

I was just looking at the titles of all the threads in our world & politics events section and OMG, it's so depressing. It's like one major atrocity after another one.

I agree Jonski, mental illness is not being taken care of the way it should be but that's not only a problem in the UK but everywhere. Two days ago a bi-polar man did not take his mediction and stabbed 3 times a 19 y/o girl in a bus in Rennes, France.

The main problem is that mental illness is still not regarded as a major health crisis like cancer or aids, some people don't even believe in mental illness or mock it (look at the comments regarding Sinead O'Connor). Hospitals cannot retain people with mental disorder against their will if they don't look like they are being a direct threat to themself or others, ususally they see them when they are down but when they get high (bipolarity is having big highs and big lows...usually they are on big highs when they attack others and on big lows when they hurt themselves) they are already out in the open, on their own.

Pud does somewhat have a point. You cant mention or say if youve seen a gun here and ur in jail. So this happens by someone with mental issues (that probably didn't know what he's on about) probably listened to a fight the system cd for all i know. Now with the dark web, you can get anything. Ive seen an (obvs illegal) gun once and that was a decade ago and i can remember the shock.

Bit different to the US. But as good as it is, the underweb, 3d printers this shits gonna get worse. We have got amazing gun laws in the UK. Yeah my brothers got one (like M and Guy had in the country house) but that was a nightmare getting and its only to shoot in the sky to stop the birds eating our fish. Its not the same as a fucking machine gun. And you have to apply to why, and get the checks. I still don't like it being there but you know I turned down running the place. Me in a morning would shoot the milkman if he woke me up.

Don't feed the trolls. They will ignore the logic and won't understand that this is an extreme rarity. Some people are so self involved and jaded. Like, somebody died...don't bring up your petty personal agenda.

What the fuck is going on? What is wrong with people in the world today? That poor woman's husband now has to break the news to his 2 young children,that their Mother has been murdered,and for what??? May she rest in peace. May the piece of shit that did this rot inside a cell for the rest of his life!

''Thomas Mair has given his name as “death to traitors, freedom for Britain” as he appeared in court charged with the murder of Labour MP Jo Cox.''

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/18/thomas-mair-charged-with-of-mp-jo-cox

So, by his own admission, he's a terrorist.

I was just looking at the titles of all the threads in our world & politics events section and OMG, it's so depressing. It's like one major atrocity after another one.

I agree Jonski, mental illness is not being taken care of the way it should be but that's not only a problem in the UK but everywhere. Two days ago a bi-polar man did not take his mediction and stabbed 3 times a 19 y/o girl in a bus in Rennes, France.

The main problem is that mental illness is still not regarded as a major health crisis like cancer or aids, some people don't even believe in mental illness or mock it (look at the comments regarding Sinead O'Connor). Hospitals cannot retain people with mental disorder against their will if they don't look like they are being a direct threat to themself or others, ususally they see them when they are down but when they get high (bipolarity is having big highs and big lows...usually they are on big highs when they attack others and on big lows when they hurt themselves) they are already out in the open, on their own.

In the US, 'mental illness' is used by the gun lobby as an argument to maintain the status quo. It's invariably followed by the old chestnut 'Guns don't kill people. People kill people', which merely flags up their own moronity, rather than contributing anything meaningful to the debate.

Here in the UK, where we have far less of a gun problem, the Right will attempt to push the mental health aspect in regards to Jo Cox's murder, in order to deflect attention away from their own lethal ideology.

So it's always worth considering the agenda of those that grasp onto the 'mental health' trope. And furthermore, we don't want to stigmatise the many millions of people who suffer from mental health issues who would never go on to kill anyone.

If some retarded or some crazy woman beater can buy a gun, then guns kill people.

That Madonna quote is only valid in places where you have to be sane and have lots of controls to own a gun. If not, the less guns the better.

"Guns don't kill people. People kill people' - Madonna loves that quote.

Dumbest thing Madonna has ever said.

That quote always amazes me. Guns are made to kill and injure people. Same with bombs.

People bring up that people die from car accidents, plane accidents but they are accidents. Planes and cars are meant as transport. Guns are meant as fatal weapons.

Guest eroticerotic

sometimes i think it's because in the end people want to be immortal. many very disconnected people see the fame and notoriety that tragedies receive as immortality. we reward everything behind a camera good or bad. mostly bad lately. it disgusts me. the way the news delivers the "news" and journalists are....ugh. and the internet makes things forever exist.

i do think people are sick that way yes.