2016 American Presidential Thread

Guest Pud Whacker

Bernie just said he would vote for Hillary Clinton. How does that make you feel?

When I try to explain how I feel....

It's congress. They don't do these things overnight

Hopefully guns will be banned in the US and people won't be acting mental online about the EU ASAP.

Hopefully guns will be banned in the US and people won't be acting mental online about the EU ASAP.

You're bizarre. No need for the meltdowns you've been having. What did you honestly expect. Sorry your country just made an incredibly controversial and historic (not a word used lightly by me) decision and we're all discussing it as is the entire world. The spotlight is on you guys right now. I mean really. If you have such a problem with it then don't post in this section.

You're bizarre. No need for the meltdowns you've been having. What did you honestly expect. Sorry your country just made an incredibly controversial and historic (not a word used lightly by me) decision and we're all discussing it as is the entire world. The spotlight is on you guys right now. I mean really. If you have such a problem with it then don't post in this section.

What? I think what happened in Orlando and the intolerance of people shown at the result of this referendum are two of the worst things happening in the world right now. Both can be changed and I hope both will be. What's bizarre about that?

What? I think what happened in Orlando and the intolerance of people shown at the result of this referendum are two of the worst things happening in the world right now. Both can be changed and I hope both will be. What's bizarre about that?

You think 49 people being slaughtered in a nightclub by an assault weapon is equivalent to some ppl on a forum theorizing that a huge swath of the UK's population is a tad xenophobic? Those two things make your heart ache in equal measure?

What is the actual tragedy resulting from this supposed intolernace youre talking about?

Fascinating stuff. Unless i'm misreading this post.

You think 49 people being slaughtered in a nightclub by an assault weapon is equivalent to some ppl on a forum theorizing that a huge swath of the UK's population is a tad xenophobic? Those two things make your heart ache in equal measure?

What is the actual tragedy resulting from this supposed intolernace youre talking about?

Fascinating stuff. Unless i'm misreading this post.

You are misreading because as always you are unnecessarily defensive to everything I say. I could tell you that you were the most beautiful thing ever and you'd find a way to get sassy over it. My problem is that this world is DISCONNECTED. It's the common thread in all of this shit. Those people deserved to live and didn't. People are so self involved nowadays. It might sound strange coming from me because I spent a lot of time on here being silly. I came here to communicate and in all honesty got sucked in to forum drama and got carried away at times. I just want you to accept my posts at face value because everytime I post something I feel like it has an unnecessary analysis from you. I'd rather just talk properly.

You are misreading because as always you are unnecessarily defensive to everything I say. I could tell you that you were the most beautiful thing ever and you'd find a way to get sassy over it. My problem is that this world is DISCONNECTED. It's the common thread in all of this shit. Those people deserved to live and didn't. People are so self involved nowadays. It might sound strange coming from me because I spent a lot of time on here being silly. I came here to communicate and in all honesty got sucked in to forum drama and got carried away at times. I just want you to accept my posts at face value because everytime I post something I feel like it has an unnecessary analysis from you. I'd rather just talk properly.

No I wasnt being defensive at all. I wasnt sure how to interpret that post. I'm still not sure to interpret it. Nonetheless, my analysis of waht's happening in the UK comes from a person who enjoys politics. Not as someone who's like OMG UK VS USA. We have our own issues to deal with. Huge ones. Specific to us. Embarrassing ones. Your issues sometimes overlap with our issues. No one is accusing the UK of being a nation of bigots. But every nation has its lunatics and like anyone would be, I'm interested in the reasons behind monumental moments like this. So calm down. I get it, you love your country. But spastic defensiveness ain't coming from me honey.

No I wasnt being defensive at all. I wasnt sure how to interpret that post. I'm still not sure to interpret it. Nonetheless, my analysis of waht's happening in the UK comes from a person who enjoys politics. Not as someone who's like OMG UK VS USA. We have our own issues to deal with. Huge ones. Specific to us. Embarrassing ones. Your issues sometimes overlap with our issues. No one is accusing the UK of being a nation of bigots. But every nation has its lunatics and like anyone would be, I'm interested in the reasons behind monumental moments like this. So calm down. I get it, you love your country. But spastic defensiveness ain't coming from me honey.

Yet somehow this feels very defensive. :lol: I didn't think this was a UK V US thing in your mind. I just thought you were defensive against me and you have no reason to be. I'm a lover with a lot of fight. I get carried away a lot of the time like everybody else but I'm trying my hardest to remember what's important. I'm dying to feel relaxed and confident about this world again. It's really sad.

Yet somehow this feels very defensive. :lol: I didn't think this was a UK V US thing in your mind. I just thought you were defensive against me and you have no reason to be. I'm a lover with a lot of fight. I get carried away a lot of the time like everybody else but I'm trying my hardest to remember what's important. I'm dying to feel relaxed and confident about this world again. It's really sad.

lol ok

GU is a good guy. Probably a narcissit, maybe an act for fun, whatever. We kid. The whole world is in the same boat you're in, trying to figure this god awful mess out.

Guest bluejean

GU is a good guy. Probably a narcissit, maybe an act for fun, whatever. We kid. The whole world is in the same boat you're in, trying to figure this god awful mess out.

He's not a narcissist at all.

Guest bluejean

I was just saying this to my Mum this morning. People are becoming more disconnected in this modern world. The intolerance toward anyone different is alarming. Our society severely lacks a community spirit. In reality, every person in the world has more similarities than differences.

I was just saying this to my Mum this morning. People are becoming more disconnected in this modern world. The intolerance toward anyone different is alarming. Our society severely lacks a community spirit. In reality, every person in the world has more similarities than differences.

:clap: It happens here (on the board) at times if you think about it. An ugly part of human nature or something implanted in our conscience by some successful barbarian ten thousand years ago? Either way I hope we can overcome.

Guest bluejean

People are intolerant towards intolerant people.

This is what is challenging about talking about politics and things like that with my mother :lol: She says the absolute opposite of everything I agree with but she's my mother so I'm forced to tolerate it and even consider her viewpoint :lol:

Bluejeans mother: So you think people who are against gay marriage aren't entitled to their opinion

Me: No. I don't.

Bluejeans mother: Why not?

Me: Because they're not gay.

Bluejeans mother: So only gay people should vote in a referendum.

Me: There shouldn't be a referendum in the first place.

This is what is challenging about talking about politics and things like that with my mother :lol: She says the absolute opposite of everything I agree with but she's my mother so I'm forced to tolerate it and even consider her viewpoint :lol:

Bluejeans mother: So you think people who are against gay marriage aren't entitled to their opinion

Me: No. I don't.

Bluejeans mother: Why not?

Me: Because they're not gay.

Bluejeans mother: So only gay people should vote in a referendum.

Me: There shouldn't be a referendum in the first place.

:dead:

Miguel...people are intolerant towards interant people? WTF? :rotfl: What are gays intolerant of? What are Jews intolerant of? Muslims? Christians? That's like something you'd get from a bad fortune cookie.

Guest bluejean

No he means we are not tolerant of people that are intolerant of us. We do have to accept that, no matter how ignorant they may seem to us they are entitled to their opinion. You can't assume they are dumb or ill informed because they don't agree with you, it's not always the case.

This is the thing. The racists, the bigots, the homophobes etc have previously lived in a world where their narrow minded views are accepted. They have gradually been cornered into a world that now says no, they are not allowed to voice their views. The problem really lies in the fact that those views were ever accepted in the first place. But there is a some people that are simply too set in their ways to consider another perspective. The support toward someone like Donald Trump highlights that. Some people honestly want it to be 1960 again.

The support toward someone like Donald Trump highlights that. Some people honestly want it to be 1960 again.

Yep, and I don't, so I'll fight it tooth and nail. He's an extreme example. Remains to be seen whether Brexit has just a few or a whole lot of parallels with him.

No he means we are not tolerant of people that are intolerant of us. We do have to accept that, no matter how ignorant they may seem to us they are entitled to their opinion.

This is the thing. The racists, the bigots, the homophobes etc have previously lived in a world where their narrow minded views are accepted. They have gradually been cornered into a world that now says no, they are not allowed to voice their views. The problem really lies in the fact that those views were ever accepted in the first place. But there is a some people that are simply too set in their ways to consider another perspective. The support toward someone like Donald Trump highlights that. Some people honestly want it to be 1960 again.

So if people are intolerant towards intolerant people it's a real chicken/egg situation. America (early colonies) weren't reacting to intolerance from native Americans...it slaughtered them. Hitler didn't react to intolerance from jews. Fact is that intolerance stems from fear. Apparently people fear pretty much EVERYTHING these days.

Guest bluejean

So if people are intolerant towards intolerant people it's a real chicken/egg situation. America (early colonies) weren't reacting to intolerance from native Americans...it slaughtered them. Hitler didn't react to intolerance from jews. Fact is that intolerance stems from fear. Apparently people fear pretty much EVERYTHING these days.

What are you saying? Gays should put homophobes in concentration camps and torture them? :lol:

What are you saying? Gays should put homophobes in concentration camps and torture them? :lol:

No I'm saying that ALL people should be working to educate, reduce fear, share experiences and most important of all LISTEN. In this thread and in the Brexit threads so many people are aiming to one up each other. I don't get it. That's why I always LOVED the Human Nature making of video. What Madonna said about fear is so true and it's more true today than ever. Unfortunately.

Guest bluejean

Who is trying to one up each other?

All I see is the same ol' love/hate relationship between you and Miguel that's being going on for years