2016 American Presidential Thread

That's a very condescending thing to say. Especially since we (non Americans) never really get to hear from Americans what they want or what they don't want. It's just a big balloon of air. It's about the candidates only. Pro Clinton, Pro Trump, Anti Clinton, Anti Trump. This way of casting a vote based on the most superficial things is confusing and irritating to us non Americans. We are not used to his kind of circus. In our countries we actually serious discussions on many different issues. A candidate like Trump would be laughed off the podium. Speaking your mind is one thing and certainly welcomed BUT if you cannot back up your plans and ideas you will kick yourself out of the race. Furthermore no candidate running for an office would show this kind of behaviour or lack of manners like Trump. That would be considered a disgrace for the office. All that said, maybe non Americans are simply used to a more professional campaign and we will not lower our standards or expectations because "we don't understand the motives of the (American) people". This is an International board, maybe you and other American board members who are in favor of Trump or Anti Clinton start to explain properly what their motives are. Then we will have a discussion on that basis. But don't brush people off by the assumption not to understand other people by the mere fact that we are no citizens of this very country.

Why is it condescending? It's true. You're not American and your comments show. How in the world is that offensive?

I have NO IDEA why the majority of people voted to leave the EU in the UK despite the whole world knowing that it was a really bad idea and I'm not going to just go into the thread and start calling everyone retarded and saying that they're missing chromosomes without at least doing a little research.

That's a very condescending thing to say. Especially since we (non Americans) never really get to hear from Americans what they want or what they don't want. It's just a big balloon of air. It's about the candidates only. Pro Clinton, Pro Trump, Anti Clinton, Anti Trump. This way of casting a vote based on the most superficial things is confusing and irritating to us non Americans. We are not used to his kind of circus. In our countries we actually serious discussions on many different issues. A candidate like Trump would be laughed off the podium. Speaking your mind is one thing and certainly welcomed BUT if you cannot back up your plans and ideas you will kick yourself out of the race. Furthermore no candidate running for an office would show this kind of behaviour or lack of manners like Trump. That would be considered a disgrace for the office. All that said, maybe non Americans are simply used to a more professional campaign and we will not lower our standards or expectations because "we don't understand the motives of the (American) people". This is an International board, maybe you and other American board members who are in favor of Trump or Anti Clinton start to explain properly what their motives are. Then we will have a discussion on that basis. But don't brush people off by the assumption not to understand other people by the mere fact that we are no citizens of this very country.

Lack of manners don't disgrace the office as much as lying, cheating, manipulation, played out meaningless rhetoric, fixing elections ,,,

Guest Pud Whacker

My friend from HS posted one of those side by side comparison videos of Melania and Obama saying the same exact thing and A LOT of men (and 1 woman) bombarded her with a lot of hateful, borderline racist shit. She ended up deleting it, and this guy, one of the main culprits, responded with this.

He's defending his vote for Trump by saying Melania is so much hotter than Michelle. Not only that, but he also went to HS with us. His parents are Mexican and his grandpa is Arabic, from Egypt. Again, whether people like it or not, things like these are what motivates A LOT of people to vote.

I will never forget my blond bimbo friends in college voting for Bush over Kerry because he was hotter. :lmao:

13754344_10155224362558306_2742045093980

And didn't a lot of people vote Obama in because he was the sexier one? IM TALKING ABOUT THE PRIMARIES, as well! It's not like he was the more qualified one. I certainly remember when it was between him and Hillary that she was calling him out for "on the job training", How quickly people forget.

Lack of manners don't disgrace the office as much as lying, cheating, manipulation, played out meaningless rhetoric, fixing elections ,,,

I love how you seriously don't give a shit what anyone says about you. You just give your opinion :lmao: I should be more like you

And didn't a lot of people vote Obama in because he was the sexier one? IM TALKING ABOUT THE PRIMARIES, as well! It's not like he was the more qualified one. I certainly remember when it was between him and Hillary that she was calling him out for "on the job training", How quickly people forget.

Definitely! My brown friends all voted for Obama for the most bizarre reasons. Back then I supported Hillary because I knew very little about her, but I was just going with the whole experience thing. Then I had other friends, Hillary supporters, saying they weren't too sure about having a muslim in office. I was like wait, what? And they were like yes, he has the same name as Saddam :lmao:

America :inlove:

Guest Pud Whacker

Definitely! My brown friends all voted for Obama for the most bizarre reasons. Back then I supported Hillary because I knew very little about her, but I was just going with the whole experience thing. Then I had other friends, Hillary supporters, saying they weren't too sure about having a muslim in office. I was like wait, what? And they were like yes, he has the same name as Saddam :lmao:

America :inlove:

:rotfl:

Oh, I remember the time very well! And the things that were flying out of people's mouths!

Why is it condescending? It's true. You're not American and your comments show. How in the world is that offensive?

I have NO IDEA why the majority of people voted to leave the EU in the UK despite the whole world knowing that it was a really bad idea and I'm not going to just go into the thread and start calling everyone retarded and saying that they're missing chromosomes without at least doing a little research.

There may have been some trolls who did that, yet I have not seen any of such posts. I may have missed them. Anyway. But I do think it's kind of unfair to non American board members who want to discuss the issue of the U.S. presidential elections to devalue their opinions by the mere fact they are not U.S. citizens. I would like to argue that the interest in these elections at this point in Europe is even higher than in the U.S. Lots of people are talking about it because the election does not only affect the U.S. It affects the rest of the world as well. And of course we wonder how the rise of someone like Trump is even possible. There is a discourse going on. And especially in Germany people see a lot of similarities to what happened in the 1930s. The RNC convention, the behaviour people have shown there, the things that has been said, the hatred that has been spewed, remind a lot of people to the rise of the NSDAP. It was to obvious to be ignored. And question asked the most is "how do people get away with all the lies and the hypocrisy?". Why is no one calling them out? How do they get away with it? And my observation as mentioned in one of my previous posts is that the media is not doing their job. Probably out of fear they might be called rigged. And I think media should not be afraid of that if they did a proper research. Just minutes ago CNN had one of Trumps sons on and once the son again told lies about the situation of the American economy the reporter tried to mention some statistics that prove that the U.S. economy is in a way better shape than the Trump campaign always suggests, the topic is changed to the increase of police officers killed on duty. How is that possible? The reporter should insist on getting an answer to the question asked.

Again, all I'm asking for is a serious discussion about the issues. I have always been willing to listen to the arguments of those who will vote for Trump or those who oppose Clinton. But I expect that those people will allow other board members arguments and opinions as well and at least think about them for a minute. Just because we are non Americans does not mean we have nothing to contribute. That would be the Amercican centric view Donald Trump offers and that is definately not the solution to anyones problems.

Guest bluejean

Trump will probably win. He excites people. And that is what it takes.

It reminds me a lot of Australia years back with Tony Abbott. He said the most sexist moronic things all through the campaign and yet people still voted for him and he won. It seemed unfathomable but people lost so much faith in the labour party. From what I can tell people feel that same way about Hillary.

I love how you seriously don't give a shit what anyone says about you. You just give your opinion :lmao: I should be more like you

As long as I got my Madonna info I'm happy!

Welcome back, U

Trump will probably win. He excites people. And that is what it takes.

It reminds me a lot of Australia years back with Tony Abbott. He said the most sexist moronic things all through the campaign and yet people still voted for him and he won. It seemed unfathomable but people lost so much faith in the labour party. From what I can tell people feel that same way about Hillary.

He excites the Republican platform. The diehard conservatives. People get the wrong impression about the excitement by watching the RNC. The truth is, the majority of moderate republicans are disgusted. The number of republicans and the military coming forward saying the will vote for Clinton is unheard of.

And before someone says he is going to win the rust belt, I would like to quote some commentator from today "he is not going to win the rust belt because not every citizen there is an unemployed steelworker".

Guest Pud Whacker

I'm feeling nostalgic for a photo of Raul with his perm!!! When he was graduating high school!!!

My little gorgeous baby.

I'm feeling nostalgic for a photo of Raul with his perm!!! When he was graduating high school!!!

My little gorgeous baby.

It wasn't a perm, you bully! My hair is really like that!!! :lmao:

Guest Pud Whacker

It wasn't a perm, you bully! My hair is really like that!!! :lmao:

I loved that hair!!! You were such an angel back then! Post a photo for me!!!

There may have been some trolls who did that, yet I have not seen any of such posts. I may have missed them. Anyway. But I do think it's kind of unfair to non American board members who want to discuss the issue of the U.S. presidential elections to devalue their opinions by the mere fact they are not U.S. citizens. I would like to argue that the interest in these elections at this point in Europe is even higher than in the U.S. Lots of people are talking about it because the election does not only affect the U.S. It affects the rest of the world as well. And of course we wonder how the rise of someone like Trump is even possible. There is a discourse going on. And especially in Germany people see a lot of similarities to what happened in the 1930s. The RNC convention, the behaviour people have shown there, the things that has been said, the hatred that has been spewed, remind a lot of people to the rise of the NSDAP. It was to obvious to be ignored. And question asked the most is "how do people get away with all the lies and the hypocrisy?". Why is no one calling them out? How do they get away with it? And my observation as mentioned in one of my previous posts is that the media is not doing their job. Probably out of fear they might be called rigged. And I think media should not be afraid of that if they did a proper research. Just minutes ago CNN had one of Trumps sons on and once the son again told lies about the situation of the American economy the reporter tried to mention some statistics that prove that the U.S. economy is in a way better shape than the Trump campaign always suggests, the topic is changed to the increase of police officers killed on duty. How is that possible? The reporter should insist on getting an answer to the question asked.

Again, all I'm asking for is a serious discussion about the issues. I have always been willing to listen to the arguments of those who will vote for Trump or those who oppose Clinton. But I expect that those people will allow other board members arguments and opinions as well and at least think about them for a minute. Just because we are non Americans does not mean we have nothing to contribute. That would be the Amercican centric view Donald Trump offers and that is definately not the solution to anyones problems.

Seriously, if we focus on the issues Trump will win by a landslide because Hillary's record is incredibly problematic and Trump has done nothing but build a massively successful conglomerate. And AGAIN, that motivates people, at least in the US, a hell of a lot more than just "Tim and I have a looooooooooooot of experience in politics."

Guest Pud Whacker

Seriously, if we focus on the issues Trump will win by a landslide because Hillary's record is incredibly problematic and Trump has done nothing but build a massively successful conglomerate. And AGAIN, that motivates people, at least in the US, a hell of a lot more than just "Tim and I have a looooooooooooot of experience in politics."

You're so right but people hit an emotional brick wall and can't see or hear that and that's why there isn't a solution provided by the democrat party.

Its like Madonna fans blowing smoke up her ass when she has Nas on her record. She doesn't know how foolish it is because her fan base isn't brave enough to tell her it sucks.

:lol:

This video describes a good chunk of the American voting population:

:dead:

I think this happens when all you've ever known is the middle class and a life of relative comfort. You don't care about real issues and you give your life meaning by fighting imaginary enemies, like the Mexicans :lmao: and being a rebel by denying climate change.

Sorry, but Trump is fucking fantastic :lmao: He's using the Lois Griffin technique. :lmao: He's closing in on Hillary, someone who's been doing EVERYTHING by the books to get into the White House for decades.

Trump's gonna magically win the Hispanic vote and black vote overnight. I mean they're a stupid constituency with no backbone who will totally cast a vote for him once he starts kissing their ass. Say goodbye to Florida and Nevada Hillary. They're going for Trump. Millions of Mexicans will forget about the taco bowl- it was just a goofy little joke anyway! Hehe

:rotfl::rolleyes:

Trump has an uphill climb in this election and we all know it. He won the primaries. That's because everyone was too much of a coward to take him on. He buttfucked a weak field and humiliated them one by one. And no one took him seriously. Now people do.

Shitting on NATO, blowing through the debt ceiling, rounding up immigrants are all catastrophic things to run on. He got 14 millon votes and 45% of the republican primary vote. That's not a majority. The party is split. We will see how close this election is. But you don't win elections in this country with white people only. Ask Romney. Who fared much better than Trump fares with minorities at the moment and still suffered an embarrassing defeat.

This is what I was talking about. I was asking for arguments and all you come up with is this kind of shit. Where are the facts? Hillary has a problematic record. Name those problems and we will talk about how substancial those claims are.

Trump has build a massively successful conglomerate. Again, please explain! Because from my knowledge he may have been successful but massively? But I guess it depends how one defines "massiv". The truth is, he is not one of the big builders in the U.S.. The truth is, most of the buildings he has slapped his name on are not even owned by Trump or he only has a minor stake in them. Truth is, his companies has faulted and called for bankruptcy countless times. Truth is, many smaller companies that were doing work for him on his projects had to call for bankruptcy because their were not paid. Truth is, many of his projects are financed by debt. Truth might be, he is not even a billionaire or at least not the multi billionaire he always claims to be. I guess his refusal to provide his tax returns may have to do with this very issue.

APS and Skin will be comforting each other on Election Day.

A trump win will mean I won't even be on here whining- I'll be getting the fuck outta here and pulling a ulizos

I'll keep it classy if Clinton wins. No gloating from me.

Guest Pud Whacker

A trump win will mean I won't even be on here whining- I'll be getting the fuck outta here and pulling a ulizos

I'll keep it classy if Clinton wins. No gloating from me.

You're one of those "I'm leaving the country-ers"

Oh APS. :lol:

Guest Pud Whacker

What would be the point of staying?

Trump has said privately that he'd relegate everything to the VP. So it'd be Trump as the face with Pence running the machine. Pleasant! The USA will have had a good run.

Take it from me. I've lived through Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama and nothing changes. Life still goes on.

Guest Pud Whacker

I know, I know.

I just feel this time is different.

Everyone always feels 'this time is different'. Ask the Baldwin brothers. They're always threatening to leave.

Guest Pud Whacker

If Trump wins, Skin is gonna lose his goddamn mind, I mean more so than he already has. God its gonna be epic. That's entertainment you just can't buy.

:rotfl:

REASON No. 1 to stay and watch THE MELTDOWN!!!