2016 American Presidential Thread

The damage has been done when it comes to Clinton's fuckups with the email. Now she just has to get to November without doing anything stupid.

Meanwhile, do you know how many people out there in the press and even within his own campaign are hungry to unveil all sorts of Trump scandal? You think the story is written on him? Omg, you guys have no idea what kind of skeletons this moron is hiding that could potentially come up before November. Don't forget that Mitt Romney's campaign officially died in September 2012 with the 47% tape. Which was filmed in May. They sat on that tape and released it when it was a prime moment to do so.

Who's to say what we're gonna find out about Trump from here on out.

PS. I never ever wanna hear from a Trump supporter that Trump is strong on Wall Street, trade, or campaign finance ever again.

His VP choice obliterated that argument and he's now being funded by those exact same zillionaires he was railing against. The guy is a joke, has always been one, and will continue to be one forever.

PS. I never ever wanna hear from a Trump supporter that Trump is strong on Wall Street, trade, or campaign finance ever again.

His VP choice obliterated that argument and he's now being funded by those exact same zillionaires he was railing against. The guy is a joke, has always been one, and will continue to be one forever.

Trump kissed Adelson and company's rings like a day after securing the nomination :lmao:

It all happened so rapidly that there are still people who think he's self-funding his campaign :rotfl:

Not quite equivalent tbh.

You're right. The transcripts are more important. It's positively fascinating to me what's said inside a speech, from someone "for the working people," that a mega banking corporation would be willing to shell out half a million an hour.

You're right. The transcripts are more important. It's positively fascinating to me what's said inside a speech, from someone "for the working people," that a mega banking corporation would be willing to shell out half a million an hour.

More important than his tax returns? I'm not sure you believe that.

Vote for Trump then. Keep tabs on your savings.

More important than his tax returns? I'm not sure you believe that.

Vote for Trump then. Keep tabs on your savings.

Hillary won't release those transcripts because they'll destroy her. Point blank. If there's nothing negative there, it would go a long way in lifting her in the polls. As for Trump, hell yeah I wanna see his returns too and we will see them. He's not gonna get through the election without it. By the time September / October rolls around things are gonna get so heated, the media for one ain't gonna let it go.

But Hillary won't. Watch. Because what's in them is baaaad.

Not to mention if Trump's returns were askew, shall we say, he'd be paying penalties (he's audited all the time). He's a reality show star and the IRS doesn't give preferential treatment to celebrities. Ask Lauren Hill.

Hillary won't release those transcripts because they'll destroy her. Point blank. If there's nothing negative there, it would go a long way in lifting her in the polls. As for Trump, hell yeah I wanna see his returns too and we will see them. He's not gonna get through the election without it. By the time September / October rolls around things are gonna get so heated, the media for one ain't gonna let it go.

I've studied Hillary for years. She does this Every. Single. Time.

She does more damage to herself by not being transparent - not because she's hiding an explosive secret, but because she has an incredibly massive loathing for the press and penchant for paranoia and privacy. She's a woman who has been attacked and humiliated by the press and Washington adversaries so many times over that she can't help herself.

The speeches were a mistake - don't get me wrong. But what we have heard about the speeches from people who were in the audience indicates it was a whole bunch of generic anecdotes with no real smoking gun - mostly cheerful chit chat about the company.

In this environment anything can be twisted to look badly. But she has decades of tax returns out in the public. Trump has ZERO. And that matters when you say youre a billionaire.

Trump isn't releasing them because it would humiliate his entire campaign. Clinton isn't releasing her speeches because she is a control freak who refuses to be seen sweating by her enemies.

Huge difference.

I've studied Hillary for years. She does this Every. Single. Time.

She does more damage to herself by not being transparent - not because she's hiding an explosive secret, but because she has an incredibly massive loathing for the press and penchant for paranoia and privacy. She's a woman who has been attacked and humiliated by the press and Washington adversaries so many times over that she can't help herself.

The speeches were a mistake - don't get me wrong. But what we have heard about the speeches from people who were in the audience indicates it was a whole bunch of generic anecdotes with no real smoking gun - mostly cheerful chit chat about the company.

In this environment anything can be twisted to look badly. But she has decades of tax returns out in the public. Trump has ZERO. And that matters when you say youre a billionaire.

Trump isn't releasing them because it would humiliate his entire campaign. Clinton isn't releasing her speeches because she is a control freak who refuses to be seen sweating by her enemies.

Huge difference.

Fair enough, I agree she gets an unusual amount of hate (but not unusual considering where it's coming from aka butt-hurt boys who Hillary reminds of their ex-wife or female boss). The way her husband was treated was ridiculous too. I was appalled back in the day when they impeached him, but gun-shy or not I'm seeing the exact same behavior from her these days I saw from the Republicans back then: screw what the American people want I'm gonna do what I want. If she's THAT paranoid then why run for president? She didn't anticipate this?? Sorry lady, it's the world's biggest job interview. Your gonna have to get out there and answer questions. I do believe she is strong, tough, intelligent woman. Start acting like it. I'm a real feminist not an SJW and I'm not giving her a pass cuz all the guys are being mean.

If the whole speech was are bunch of generic anecdotes she'd release the transcripts. It's like our buddy Judge Judy says, "if it doesn't make sense it isn't the truth." And NOT releasing innocuous transcripts when they would put a lot of doubt to rest doesn't make sense.

Fair enough, I agree she gets an unusual amount of hate (but not unusual considering where it's coming from aka butt-hurt boys who Hillary reminds of their ex-wife or female boss). The way her husband was treated was ridiculous too. I was appalled back in the day when they impeached him, but gun-shy or not I'm seeing the exact same behavior from her these days I saw from the Republicans back then: screw what the American people want I'm gonna do what I want. If she's THAT paranoid then why run for president? She didn't anticipate this?? Sorry lady, it's the world's biggest job interview. Your gonna have to get out there and answer questions. I do believe she is strong, tough, intelligent woman. Start acting like it. I'm a real feminist not an SJW and I'm not giving her a pass cuz all the guys are being mean.

If the whole speech was are bunch of generic anecdotes she'd release the transcripts.

But she knows it would still cause a huge scandal. Regardless. Read what i wrote. In today's environment, anything can be twisted to look badly. An innocuous statement, a silly gaffe - these are the minor things that could end her, but be a minor bump for others. Hillary Clinton is not an everyday politician, she is the most dissected, polarizing, and hotly debated political figure to ever exist - I literally cannot think of someone who has gotten more attention and coverage than her. I dont count Trump cuz he's only been doing this for a year. Clinton is such a huge name and every move she makes is news. Anything that can look bad for her is a story that's worth blowing up. People make salaries off of talking about her. You think I'm kidding?

The Hillary/Madonna parrallel is striking and easy to use since we all know Madonna as if she were a family member. Madonna's words and actions have been used to cause incredibly unfair vitriol and negativity. She's often been powerless to stop the whirlwind and it has damaged her career and reputation - sometimes on a temporary basis. But some of it has stuck. Look no further than late 2014/early 2015 to see just how much people were ready to smear Madonna in the blogosphere. Some of the stuff I was reading was just awful. It worked. She made it easy for them with her instagram blowups, it all culminated in a mess of an album rollout and very tepid sales for what was otherwise a very solid album for her.

Now look at Hillary Clinton the same way. Look at the scandals that have followed her. The speculation and editorializing and constant debate. Zoom out, and you'll see how much of it is noise.

She's not perfect or squeaky clean but she is no tyrant. She's certainly not out there colluding with Putin. ( http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/07/donald-trump-working-for-russia.html?mid=twitter_nymag )

People continue to talk about Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump as equivalents and it makes me want to kill myself. They are not. If you don't realize this, realize it now.

Let's not forget, in 2006, somehow the press decided to smear Madonna for adopting an orphaned African child. Anything and everything can be used to make you look like evil garbage. Including the selfless act of adopting a kid. The same methods have been used against Clinton - because she makes it easy. But that doesn't make it right, or accurate.

Damn this Hillary Clinton. No one was asking for her. I can't believe she had no clue about the pulse of the nation that people didn't want her (she was dropped like a hot potato in 2008 when Obama came along). She had no clue that speaking for Goldman Sachs was a MISTAKE. Really? I actually live and breathe what this woman carries on about.. workers rights... and it wouldn't ENTER MY MIND to entertain their asses for an hour, especially... and here's the kicker ... ESPECIALLY if I was already a millionaire and didn't need the money. All these miscalculations. She's just so misunderstood. She's exhausting. Go away already!

But no, she wants what she wants and screw all the chaos it causes.

Even with all this, I might still end up voting for her because a livable wage for working people and affordable college is encrypted in my DNA and I think Trump has an issue with unions. It'll make me sick but i might have to go there. Yes, little miss thing might actually end up getting what she wants. Bernie knows all about that. Fuck her. We're all fucked.

If Trump actually gets around to talking about living wages, college debt and isn't a union hater, it's all over for her as far as I'm concerned. I can live with his stupid climate change denial, not happily, but ..

But ppl did want her. As late as the beginning of 2015, there was enthusiasm behind her. As the email crap took hold and the republicans blathered on for months about her, her stock dropped, as it ALWAYS DOES. This is so routine for her and the Clintons in general. They have respect in their party. Everyone else just hates them.

It's important to remember that it's ok to reconcile Clinton's stupid missteps with her broader skill. This is a woman who beat her opponent handily because if you dig underneath all the hateful talk about her, she's done a lot of good.

As for Trump talking about those issues, he can't, because he's already on record saying the min wage is too high. Him talking about college debt would be laughable, as he is on record saying he loves debt, hes the king of debt, and he would default on our debt.

He can't go there now, because he's so easily quoted and easily discredited. Basically, he's playing right into the democrats hands and Clinton is going to spend hte next 4 months surgically destroying him - with his own words.

A lot of the speeches are out there, there's even one on YouTube. There's nothing there, it's just her talking about needing more women worldwide in executive roles and for more women in the workplace.

But ppl did want her. As late as the beginning of 2015, there was enthusiasm behind her. As the email crap took hold and the republicans blathered on for months about her, her stock dropped, as it ALWAYS DOES. This is so routine for her and the Clintons in general. They have respect in their party. Everyone else just hates them.

It's important to remember that it's ok to reconcile Clinton's stupid missteps with her broader skill. This is a woman who beat her opponent handily because if you dig underneath all the hateful talk about her, she's done a lot of good.

As for Trump talking about those issues, he can't, because he's already on record saying the min wage is too high. Him talking about college debt would be laughable, as he is on record saying he loves debt, hes the king of debt, and he would default on our debt.

He can't go there now, because he's so easily quoted and easily discredited. Basically, he's playing right into the democrats hands and Clinton is going to spend hte next 4 months surgically destroying him - with his own words.

Yeah I know all about that with Trump and it's a serious bone of contension. I'd also like it on record that I don't want Bible thumpers on the Supreme Court and always prefer a left slant.

You mentioned Russia in your last post. Funny thing. I always thought we were working towards being friends with Russia. You know, the whole nuclear war thing. Come to find that was never the case at all. How dare someone running for president say we should try to work out our differences and maybe hear what the other side has to say. Boy do I feel stupid!

A lot of the speeches are out there, there's even one on YouTube. There's nothing there, it's just her talking about needing more women worldwide in executive roles and for more women in the workplace.

Then release the Goldman Sachs transcripts. You know, the one she doesn't wanna release.

Russia doesnt want to be friends. lol

Because we've had nothing but Bush Clintons the last 30 years. I wouldn't want to be friends with us either lol! Obama seems to have a chip on his shoulder with anyone who doesn't agree with his global utopia.

That is the Goldman Sachs transcripts that I'm talking about. It's been on their channel since 2014.

Bullshit. They straight up asked her why she wouldn't release the transcripts and she said she wouldn't do it cuz Trump didn't release his tax returns.

If you show me a link to this video I'll watch it.

Funny how it's been in the news for a year about her transcripts and now, all of a sudden, it's been on YouTube since 2014.

Bullshit. They straight up asked her why she wouldn't release the transcripts and she said she wouldn't do it cuz Trump didn't release his tax returns.

If you show me a link to this video I'll watch it.

I didn't say Hillary knew it was on Goldman Sachs channel. I can't do the link at the moment, but you can search it on their channel and its there. It's called Goldman Sachs 10 000 women: Providing the case for women entrepreneurs

Let's not forget, in 2006, somehow the press decided to smear Madonna for adopting an orphaned African child. Anything and everything can be used to make you look like evil garbage. Including the selfless act of adopting a kid. The same methods have been used against Clinton - because she makes it easy. But that doesn't make it right, or accurate.

Miguel, I don't give a damn what the press or haters say about her. I don't care about Benghazi (she was asleep at 3am, well DUH, who isnt?). I don't even really care about the emails. My mother does and she hates Trump and is voting for Hillary. I go by what I SEE. By what, SHE SAYS.