2016 American Presidential Thread

Guest Mauro
Only 38 percent of GOP voters in the poll are satisfied with Trump as their nominee, versus 54 percent of Democrats who are satisfied with Clinton.

What's more, a combined 85 percent of all voters - including 78 percent of Republicans - say the GOP is not that unified or only somewhat unified. That's compared with 48 percent of all voters (and 40 percent of Democrats) who say that about the Democratic Party.

Republican convention schedule:

Monday: Make America Safe Again

Headliners: Melania Trump, Lieutenant General (ret.) Michael Flynn, U.S. Senator Joni Ernst (R-Iowa), Jason Beardsley and U.S. Rep. Ryan Zinke (Mont.).

Tuesday: Make America Work Again

Headliners: Tiffany Trump, Kerry Woolard, Donald Trump, Jr., U.S. Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (WV), Ben Carson and Kimberlin Brown.

Wednesday: Make America First Again

Headliners: Lynne Patton; Eric Trump; former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives Newt Gingrich, and Indiana Governor Mike Pence, whom Donald Trump has chosen as his vice presidential running mate.

Thursday: Make America One Again

Headliners: Peter Thiel, Tom Barrack, Ivanka Trump and Donald Trump

Kerry Woodard is the manager of Eric Trump's winery.

Kimberlin Brown is a soap opera actress.

Lynne Patton is listed as Vice President of the Eric Trump Foundation and Senior Assistant to Eric, Donald Jr, and Ivanka.

Tom Barrack is a real estate investor.

House insiders predict just under 200 Republicans from their 247-member conference will attend.

18 Republican Senators skipping the Republican convention.

Senator Jeff Flake: "I’ve got to mow my lawn"

"Republican Senator Ben Sasse of Nebraska will miss his party’s national convention in Cleveland later this month because he is planning to 'take his kids to watch some dumpster fires across the state,' Sasse’s spokesman said Thursday."

Only 38 percent of GOP voters in the poll are satisfied with Trump as their nominee, versus 54 percent of Democrats who are satisfied with Clinton.
What's more, a combined 85 percent of all voters - including 78 percent of Republicans - say the GOP is not that unified or only somewhat unified. That's compared with 48 percent of all voters (and 40 percent of Democrats) who say that about the Democratic Party.

That's still not incredibly reassuring.

I dont want Clinton to win by the skin of her teeth and hobble to her inauguration. I want to see Trump humiliated. I want to see his business empire turn into chalk dust. I want everything that went wrong this year with our political system, to be reversed so cleanly that we all feel the same high we felt in 2012 when all the vitriol and nastiness (quaint by today's standard) was obliterated in one second.

I want that Fox News 2012 moment again, with Karl Rove's turkey neck flapping in the wind as Megyn Kelly gently asked him if he was for real with his fake math. You dont understand - I am a MONSTER when it comes to my political foes. I want them to get smacked into oblivion. Not because I enjoy the suffering of others - but because I want both parties to be healthy so I dont have to WORRY about morons like Trump stepping into power.

Disagreement is healthy in a political system, but this isn't about disagreements. Trump isnt a "DISAGREEMENT" with me. I mean literally everything is at stake. As such, I want Clinton's win to make 1 hell of a statement. We can't normalize this orange turd.

Ai Papi Si., on 18 Jul 2016 - 12:18 AM, said:

I want that Fox News 2012 moment again, with Karl Rove's turkey neck flapping in the wind as Megyn Kelly gently asked him if he was for real with his fake math.

That was the best. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I was over a friends house when it was obvious Obama had won with them calling Ohio for him, and she was like, lets turn on Fox News to see what they are saying and we tune in to see them in total denial. :lmao:

Ugh. This Convention drags on for 4 days? I thought it was 3. :( What a lineup of total and complete shit. Krispy Crème isn't even speaking?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLKE--ArNnU

TRAIN.WRECK. omfg! lmao. ZERO chemistry. Painful. Nothing but rambling, Trump making it ALL about him, talking in circles, no specifics, *unable to answer her (towards the end) if he actually wants to f'king be president!, :blink: (which means one of the most right wing lunatics Pence would basically running the show and be the president) constantly cutting off his blatantly submissive little bitch lol. The US is *over* if these lunatic dickheads win in November!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLKE--ArNnU

TRAIN.WRECK. omfg! lmao. ZERO chemistry. Painful. Nothing but rambling, Trump making it ALL about him, talking in circles, no specifics, *unable to answer her (towards the end) if he actually wants to f'king be president!, :blink: (which means one of the most right wing lunatics Pence would basically running the show and be the president) constantly cutting off his blatantly submissive little bitch lol. The US is *over* if these lunatic dickheads win in November!

Yeah, the interview was painful from start to finish.

Why anyone who wants a political future would subject themselves to Trump's campaign is beyond me. We are living among some truly out of touch people.

^ Cause Pence was most likely gonna lose his re-election bid in November so he, like the other pigs in slimiest areas of the mud (Christie and Gingrich) had nothing to lose! This just triple confirms why NO one who was semi reputable, rising stars of anyone wortha shit in the entire GOP wanted to get involved with this major ADD dysregulated imbecile lol!

^ Cause Pence was most likely gonna lose his re-election bid in November so he, like the other pigs in slimiest areas of the mud (Christie and Gingrich) had nothing to lose! This just triple confirms why NO one who was semi reputable, rising stars of anyone wortha shit in the entire GOP wanted to get involved with this major ADD dysregulated imbecile lol!

It's so easy. Look at Jeff Flake from Arizona. Pure class, all backbone. It's simple. You can call Trump out now, and save your career.

But idk. Maybe some of these imbeciles will survive getting in bed with Trump. They don't deserve to.

Guest eroticerotic

I'm nervous. Hillary needs to win at this point. But I swear with the way things are going this year, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump wins.

Guest Mauro

Barbara Bush: "I don’t know how women can vote" for Trump

Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush and his mother, former First Lady Barbara Bush, spoke with "CBS This Morning" anchor Norah O'Donnell about the current GOP race.

Guest Mauro

Cleveland police union to ask governor to suspend open carry law for RNC

CLEVELAND, Ohio — The head of the Cleveland police patrolmen's union is asking Ohio Gov. John Kasich to suspend the state's open carry laws in Cuyahoga County for the Republican National Convention in the wake of the deaths of three police officers in Louisiana, according to WJW-TV.

The station reported Sunday that union president Steve Loomis said he is working with an attorney to draft a request to be sent to Kasich for consideration. Reuters reported Loomis asked the governor to declare a state of emergency, which would allow Kasich to immediately suspend the law.

Ohio's open carry laws generally allow anyone without a felony record to carry guns in the state, including in downtown Cleveland. There are exceptions. Firearms are not permitted inside the U.S. Secret Service security zone around Quicken Loans Arena, where the RNC will be held Monday through Thursday.

"I don't care what the legal precedent is, I feel strongly that leadership needs to stand up and defend these police officers," Loomis, the head of the police union, told Reuters, on Sunday.

Kasich's spokeswoman, Emmalee Kalmbach, said the governor does not have the authority to suspend state and federal laws regarding open carry.

"Law enforcement is a noble, essential calling and we all grieve that we've again seen attacks on officers," Kalmbach said in a statement. "Ohio governors do not have the power to arbitrarily suspend federal and state constitutional rights or state laws as suggested. The bonds between our communities and police must be reset and rebuilt--as we're doing in Ohio--so our communities and officers can both be safe. Everyone has an important role to play in that renewal."

And Article 1 of the Ohio Constitution specifically limits the right to suspend laws to the legislature: "No power of suspending laws shall ever be exercised, except by the general assembly."

Brian Betley, who leads the Cleveland police union representing sergeants, lieutenants and captains, told cleveland.com he agrees with Loomis' request. Betley said he would contact the state's police officer's union to see what help they can offer.

"They would declare a state of emergency if something happened, but it's all too late at that point," Betley said. "Why not do it before something happens?"

Dan Gross, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, issued a statement also supporting Loomis' request.

"The RNC has already determined it's too dangerous to allow convention goers to carry firearms inside the convention center," Gross said. "Limiting open carry outside the event seems a natural next step, especially given the heightened tensions in our nation and today's tragedy in Baton Rouge."

Three law enforcement officers were killed early Sunday and three others were injured in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Officers there earlier this month shot and killed Alton Sterling, 37, sparking protests in that city and across the country. Five officers were killed at a Dallas Black Lives Matter protest the same week.

Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson told cleveland.com's Andrew Tobias last week that the city would not ask the governor to suspend the state's open carry laws.

"If we believed there was a cooperative venture that could result in a positive outcome on a temporary basis it would have happened by now," Jackson said.

Loomis is also asking Police Chief Calvin Williams to have three officers working at intersections for security at the RNC, instead of one.

http://www.cleveland.com/rnc-2016/index.ssf/2016/07/cleveland_police_union_to_asks.html

I think it's important to remember that this election is won based on the electoral college and not the popular vote. She is already looking pretty solid in swing states such as Colorado, Virginia, Florida and North Carolina. Voters in swing states seem to be solidifying around Clinton faster than the national level.

Barbara Bush: "I don’t know how women can vote" for Trump

Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush and his mother, former First Lady Barbara Bush, spoke with "CBS This Morning" anchor Norah O'Donnell about the current GOP race.

Wish that the old hag could have convinced her favorite son not to go to war with a country (Iraq) that did absolutely fucking nothing to her chosen son's (George W Bush) country.

Delegates react as some delegates call for a roll call vote on the adoption of the rules during the opening day of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, Monday, July 18, 2016. Photo: AP

CLEVELAND Over angry objections from anti-Donald Trump forces, Republican Party leaders approved rules for the convention and rejected a demand for a state-by-state roll call vote.

Hundreds of socially conservative delegates opposed to nominating Trump protested noisily after the conventions presiding officer, Arkansas GOP Rep. Steve Womack, abruptly put the rules to a vote and declared them approved by voice.

Call the roll, call the roll, opponents shouted. Practically drowning them out were chants of USA, USA by Trump supporters and party loyalists.

Minutes later, Womack had the convention vote by voice again, with both sides shouting their votes lustily.

The voice votes occurred even though earlier in the afternoon, dissident delegates submitted petitions from a majority of delegates from what they said were enough states to force a roll call vote under party rules. GOP leaders have wanted to avoid that vote, which was likely to lose but they feared would be embarrassing.

Womack said some delegates had withdrawn their signatures and that petitions from three of those states no longer qualified, leaving the insurgents short of the seven states needed to force a roll call.

Ugh, I can't watch that disgusting vomit-inducing hate fest. I'm sorry, if you associated with theR Republicans in any way, shape, or form at this point, you're an abomination. Shame on them. They're revolting.

Lmaoo bullets are flying everywhere inside that shithole convention! *HORRIBLE optics and no one except Hillary will benefit from this. Aint the primary anymore so dont gimme oh 'this will only fire up his base b-shit'. This is BAD and even ass lickers of Trump are saying this really bad and seriously underestimated the anti-Trump nutbags who I'm loving right now! :p lol

Ai Papi Si., on 18 Jul 2016 - 4:23 PM, said:

As we speak, the Republican National Convention has just descended into outright bedlam and chaos.

smug-o.gif

Let the circus begin!!!!

man-boob-dance.gif

Guest Rachelle of London

Let the circus begin!!!!

man-boob-dance.gif

How on EARTH did you get video footage from my last birthday party?