2016 American Presidential Thread

Trump really does not want to be president.

Prob. so. Also confirms that NO one wortha 1/2 shit wanted to be his VP! lol. We know how Palin turned out but at that time she was an unknown governor who I think had very high favorability ratings so kind of made sense. Plus, it was at least a younger woman (regardless of how insane she 'turned out' to be lol). Pence is absolutely a well known certified right wing bigot ass hole. Not youthful, attractive and as pasty white man as they come. Again, Trump HAD the evangelicals so he did not need this nut bag. Will not at all gain swing voters or moderates. Not one redeeming thing about him.

Guest Mauro

Am I the only one who sees a swastika?

It's going in that direction. Lines through lines. It also looks like anal and a hand job.

Now it's official!

I really thought Trump would pick a woman or a latino or a young white guy as VP, to soften his image. But no, he picks the 57 year old white bigot :lmao:

All the female, Latino, black and young white Republican politicians wanted nothing to do with him and refused to run with him. He was too extreme and bigoted even for them so he was left with no choice but an old white bigot.

A lot of the minority Republicans really were pissed off when he criticized the judge for being Mexican.

If he wanted to be inclusive and soften his image, he could have chosen Tim Scott, the black Republican Senator from South Carolina. That would have been a great choice. Scott was really impressive during the shooting in Charlestown of the church members. But again, Trump messed up!

They were saying on CNN that Trump changed his mind and was asking his advisors last night if he could get out of this.

Which his campaign denies, but everyone else (rightly) believes every word of. The guy is unstable and scattered.

Guest Pud Whacker

Pence was in Congress for 10 years, was the 4th highest ranking member in House leadership, and has been the governor of Indiana since 2013.

What Republicans don't want people to know is that Gov. Pence is one of the most extreme right-wing politicians in America.

Pence signed the notorious "license to discriminate" bill allowing businesses to deny service to LGBT people. He's so extreme on abortion that he voted for legislation that would give personhood rights to embryos and defund Planned Parenthood.

He even compared Obamacare to the 9/11 attacks and threatened to block Hurricane Katrina reconstruction unless it was offset by cuts to Medicare, the National School Lunch Program, and PBS.

Trump fucked any chance to win with this.

Guest Pud Whacker

Am I the only one who sees a swastika?

Yes.

Skin will probably see it. He sees them on donuts and on toast and shyt.

Come on Hillary. Come at us with a great VP pick.

I know many want Warren but I think she is far better suited and will have more power becoming the Senate Majority Leader if hopefully the dems are able to take it back.

LOL at Trump having second thougts about his decision to make the bigot his running mate. He probably heard he pissed off his fat friend from New Jersey who is probably sitting in a corner crying. I love it. It's hilarious.

Crispy Crème is just pissed that he got that lap band surgery to lose a whole 10 lbs for nothing.

LOL at Trump having second thougts about his decision to make the bigot his running mate. He probably heard he pissed off his fat friend from New Jersey who is probably sitting in a corner crying. I love it. It's hilarious.

:rotfl:

We all laugh but what you just stated is exactly what happened according to the leaks.

Guest Mauro

Pence becomes the most far-right running mate in modern history

2016-07-13t021729z_1367976587_s1aetpgkfp

Donald Trump talked with Time magazine the other day, and was asked about his impulsive decisions and erratic instincts, but the Republican presidential candidate waved off such concerns. “I’m a very stable person,” he said. “I’m so stable you wouldn’t believe it.”

The rollout of his vice presidential nominee offers some proof to the contrary.

It’s official: Mike Pence is Donald Trump’s running mate. Trump announced Friday in a tweet that he has selected the Indiana governor to run on the GOP ticket with him in the fall. […]

The announcement came after a day of confusion about whether published reports about his choice of Pence had been premature, with the candidate insisting late Thursday night that he had not made a “final, final decision.”

Consider the chain of events over the last 24 hours or so. First, Trump settled on Pence and scheduled an event for 11 a.m. (ET) Friday. Soon after, Trump became “irritated” by the media leaks and decided the deliberations would continue. After last night’s attack in Nice, France, Trump impulsively announced that Friday’s event would be postponed, out of respect for the victims, though he nevertheless attended a fundraiser and made multiple media appearances last night. Trump added that the “final, final” decision about his running had not yet been made.

After telling donors he’d make the formal announcement on Saturday, Trump instead decided to break the news on Twitter this morning – right around the time of the postponed event. (Why Trump could make an announcement at 10:50 a.m., but not host an event at 11 a.m., is unclear.)

But remember, he’s “so stable you wouldn’t believe it.” Perhaps he meant that literally, since it’s so obviously difficult to believe.

As for the Indiana governor, regular readers know I’ve followed his career pretty closely for many years, and we’ll have all kinds of detailed coverage as the campaign progresses, but on this first day, I think it’s important to emphasize a foundational point: Mike Pence is almost certainly the most right-wing vice presidential nominee of the modern era.

About four years ago at this time, Nate Silver published an interesting analysis of Paul Ryan, who’d just been named to Mitt Romney’s ticket. Nate wrote at the time, “Various statistical measures of Mr. Ryan peg him as being quite conservative. Based on his Congressional voting record, for instance, the statistical system DW-Nominate evaluates him as being roughly as conservative as Representative Michele Bachmann of Minnesota. By this measure, in fact, which rates members of the House and Senate throughout different time periods on a common ideology scale, Mr. Ryan is the most conservative Republican member of Congress to be picked for the vice-presidential slot since at least 1900.”

Nate added a chart, highlighting the fact that Ryan’s record put him slightly to the right of Dick Cheney, who was slightly to the right of Dan Quayle.

But before Pence became governor, he was an accomplished member of Congress – which means we can turn to the same DW-Nominate statistical system to get a better sense of the Indiana Republican’s ideology. And the data shows puts Pence well to Ryan’s right.

In the 107th Congress (Pence’s first, covering 2001 and 2002), for example, out of 435 members of the U.S. House, Pence ranked #428 – meaning that 427 members were to his left, putting the Hoosier on the far-right-wing fringe. The results were roughly the same in the 108th Congress and the 109th.

By the 110th Congress, Pence was at #432, putting him to the right of nearly everyone in the chamber. The results were roughly the same in the 111th Congress and the 112th.

Let’s put this another way: during his congressional career, Pence wasn’t just more conservative than Paul Ryan. His voting record also put him to the right of Michele Bachmann, Todd Akin, Steve King, and even Louie Gohmert. That’s not an exaggeration. Bachmann, Akin, King, and Gohmert all had voting records less extreme than Mike Pence.

Indeed, the Indiana Republican developed a reputation on Capitol Hill as an ineffective extremist who, despite 12 years in Congress, was literally never the chief sponsor of a bill that passed into law.
Now, Donald Trump wants to put him one heartbeat from the presidency.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/pence-becomes-the-most-far-right-running-mate-modern-history

Guest Mauro

Chis Christie was reportedly so pissed over Pence that he refused to pick up Trump's dry cleaning! :lmao:

FURIOUS CHRISTIE REFUSES TO PICK UP TRUMP’S DRY CLEANING

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—Governor Chris Christie, of New Jersey, angrily refused to pick up Donald Trump’s dry cleaning during a tense encounter between the two men on Friday, campaign sources confirm.

The ugly scene unfolded at the billionaire’s offices in midtown Manhattan, shortly after Trump revealed that his Vice-Presidential pick would be Governor Mike Pence of Indiana.

According to Trump aides, Christie stomped into the presumptive Republican nominee’s office and hurled a dry-cleaning ticket onto his desk, telling Trump, “You can pick up your own damn dry cleaning.”

The New Jersey governor then stormed out, and has not been seen by Trump or his staffers since.

Trump’s press secretary, Hope Hicks, warned the media against making too much of the apparent rift between the billionaire and Christie. “In the long hours of a campaign, emotions can sometimes get a little raw,” she said. “We are confident that Governor Christie will pick up Mr. Trump’s dry cleaning going forward.”

Reached later by reporters, Governor Christie issued a brief statement: “Get away from me. Just get away from me, you bastards.”

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/furious-christie-refuses-to-pick-up-trumps-dry-cleaning

This election is the most insane and ridiculous ever! I would've never expected anything like this a year ago. Could you imagine what the Trump vs Clinton debates will be like?!

Guest Mauro

They already announced the lineup for the Republican National Convention. The first night's topics are Benghazi and Bill Clinton's sex scandals. I shit you not.

They announced Tim Tebow as speaking - Tebow says he doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about. He's not going to be there. The news about Tebow speaking came from the Trump campaign.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/tim-tebow-no-convention-speech

http://gawker.com/tim-tebow-didnt-know-he-was-supposed-to-be-speaking-at-1783724607

Guest Pud Whacker

This election is the most insane and ridiculous ever! I would've never expected anything like this a year ago. Could you imagine what the Trump vs Clinton debates will be like?!

CANT WAIT!!

Even Barbra Is at the edge of her seat!

Mauro, on 16 Jul 2016 - 01:15 AM, said:

They already announced the lineup for the Republican National Convention. The first night's topics are Benghazi and Bill Clinton's sex scandals. I shit you not.

They announced Tim Tebow as speaking - Tebow says he doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about. He's not going to be there. The news about Tebow speaking came from the Trump campaign.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/tim-tebow-no-convention-speech

http://gawker.com/tim-tebow-didnt-know-he-was-supposed-to-be-speaking-at-1783724607

Is this real life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????? :lmao: