2016 American Presidential Thread

I just cant wait for this election to be over and have Hillary hopefully win so I can breathe a sigh of MAJOR relief.

I always go into this crazy as hell heightened worried state around election time.

COULD YOU TELL!!!!!!!!?????

1362713507988777_animate.gif

It happened in 2004. It happened in 2008. It happened in 2012 which stands out because I was talking about it with my therapist at the time. :lmao: About how much stress I was under because of it. Was still without power on election night thanks to Hurricane Sandy so I had to head to my friends house to watch. To say we got up and SCREAMED with joy would be an understatement when Ohio was called.

I think after living under 8 years of hell with Bush, I am just terrified to see that happen again since this current crop of republicans is more insane the Bush and his admin!!!!

November can't come fast enough. My body cant take it.

tumblr_mz59sxDCdC1s8rhj4o7_250.gif

Guest Mauro

They are saying Newt left his gig at Fox News. I guess he was some contributor or some shit, but people are wondering if that is a sign that he is indeed Trump's VP pick....

Would kind of put a fork in Trump's whole "Crooked Hillary" argument. Wasn't Newt booted from Congress for ethic violations or some shit like that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newt_Gingrich#Ethics_charges_and_reprimand

There'd be 6 marriages between the two candidates. Talk about family values. :lmao:

Guest Mauro

We're doomed to 4 years of ugly, no matter who's picked.

How sad.

Yeah. Too bad we won't have another hottie like George W.

The most retarded American president ever .... unless Trump wins :chuckle:

Bush_and_Berlusconi_share_toast_(2008-10

:lol:

The two luvved up snakes :laugh:

Then again, we all know Cheney was in charge at the White House 2000-2008

I mean Bush Jr was not the brightest . . . . . :rotfl:

Not exactly Bush Sr in the brains dept, however equally revolting he was, if not more

bush-phone.jpg

LSD, on 13 Jul 2016 - 01:31 AM, said:

5785a3c81a000023006fa12a.jpeg?cache=r9wo

5785c4761a000024006fa16e.jpeg?cache=8lpk

:hotmess:

Fucking hell. I am sorry but his supporters really have some major mental issues. What scares me is that there are this many people out there that are so unhinged and nut.

Trump is a guardian angel from heaven? Are you fucking kidding me? It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

PaulaAbdul, on 13 Jul 2016 - 10:14 PM, said:PaulaAbdul, on 13 Jul 2016 - 10:14 PM, said:

I hope that come November, Trump's campaign is :janetflop:

#JancelTrump

Well they say even this late in the game he hardly has any campaign up and running in terms of a national campaign and a good ground game. This is unheard of at this point.

The thing that depressed me was I hung out with a group of friends tonight that I haven't seen in awhile, and they all loathe Trump as much as I do, but really don't care for Hillary and said they might not even vote. I mean I know I live in NJ and the chances of Trump winning this state are slim to none anyway, but damn. I had to do my best to snap them out of it and tell them what is at stake and how not voting only helps Trump.

Christ, if Hillary is this evil ass devil which is this warped caricature that people have in their minds, at least vote Democrat down the rest of the ballot to help with Governor or congressional races. That's the LEAST people could do.

Guest Pud Whacker

Well they say even this late in the game he hardly has any campaign up and running in terms of a national campaign and a good ground game. This is unheard of at this point.

The thing that depressed me was I hung out with a group of friends tonight that I haven't seen in awhile, and they all loathe Trump as much as I do, but really don't care for Hillary and said they might not even vote. I mean I know I live in NJ and the chances of Trump winning this state are slim to none anyway, but damn. I had to do my best to snap them out of it and tell them what is at stake and how not voting only helps Trump.

Christ, if Hillary is this evil ass devil which is this warped caricature that people have in their minds, at least vote Democrat down the rest of the ballot to help with Governor or congressional races. That's the LEAST people could do.

Then you have nothing to worry about.

ONWARD!!!

The buzz about Donald Trump's vice presidential pick is centering on Indiana Gov.

Mike Pence.

gettyimages-546638182_wide-08752f8fc7e5a

The Indianapolis Star is reporting that Pence "is dropping his re-election bid in Indiana to become Donald Trump's running mate."

Trump's campaign has announced it will officially make an announcement on who his pick is at 11 a.m. ET Friday. A campaign spokesman tweeted that the campaign is not confirming any vice presidential pick at this point and said a decision has not yet been made.

Pence has been governor of Indiana since 2013. Before that, he served as the representative of Indiana's 6th Congressional District from 2000 to 2012.

http://www.npr.org/2016/07/14/486032078/5-things-to-know-about-mike-pence

A father of three, Pence worked as an attorney in private practice and had two unsuccessful bids for the House of Representatives before winning the seat in 2000 and serving for 12 years. He was elected governor in 2012. He also has media experience: In the 1990s, he hosted The Mike Pence Show, a talk radio show, and described himself as "Rush Limbaugh on decaf."

Yes, please go ahead with Pence. An anti-gay, anti-women, anti-choice bigot from a very white state of Indiana. And Tim Tebow is speaking (or praying?) at the Republican convention. The way all this turns out should scare the shit out of people. Skin is totally right, this election has become so much more than voting for a certain candidate. This turns out to be a crossroad where American people will need to decide what they want for their country in the future.

Basically ALL over social media...you name the site *endless people are saying if it is indeed Pence (as much as they don't like her) they're absolutely voting for Hillary! Saw virtually NO positive comments about this turd Pence lol. Many were positively for Trump but instantly not anymore, feel like he sold out and completely went for the bottom/ worst! Perhaps that was his goal. Pence is just is THAT bad. Cannot WAIT for the Dems to roast this lunatic 24/7 w/ his off the deep end conservative record. Not saying Christie and Gingrich were wortha shit but Pence is actually 10x worse. I actually think as damaged goods as they are, Christie and Gingrich were way better/ stronger and could've given Trump a better shot of turning purple states red. Pence will assure that won't happen. He's as god awful bad as Palin...maybe even more right wing insane and dangerous!

Guest Mauro

James Stavridis, Retired Admiral, Is Being Vetted as Hillary Clinton’s Running Mate

13fd-Stavridis-master768.jpg

Hillary Clinton’s campaign is vetting James G. Stavridis, a retired four-star Navy admiral who served as the 16th supreme allied commander at NATO, as a possible running mate, according to a person with knowledge of the vetting process.

Some close to Mrs. Clinton, the former secretary of state, say she was always likely to have someone with military experience on her vice-presidential shortlist, and Mr. Stavridis, currently the dean of the Fletcher School at Tufts University, fits the description.

During his four years as NATO’s supreme allied commander, he oversaw operations in the Middle East — Afghanistan, Libya and Syria — as well as in the Balkans and piracy off the coast of Africa.

The Clinton campaign declined requests for comment, and Mr. Stavridis declined to comment other than referring calls to the campaign. The person with knowledge of the vetting spoke anonymously because of the sensitive nature of the process.

In 2012, Mr. Stavridis was investigated for having improperly used a military aircraft to fly with his wife to an exclusive party in Burgundy, France with winemakers.

He was later cleared of misconduct after a long Pentagon investigation into his travel and expenses, including trips he took with his wife, daughter and mother. The Pentagon inspector general’s report ultimately concluded that he had failed to exercise sufficient oversight over staff members, and had made several bookkeeping mistakes.

Donald J. Trump has also said he sees certain appeal to selecting someone with military experience as a running mate, and is considering retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn. In an interview with ABC News over the weekend, Mr. Flynn, a lifelong Democrat, seemed to stumble, offering his support for abortion rights — a view out of lock step with Republican base orthodoxy.

But in a phone interview with The New York Times on Tuesday, Mr. Trump called Mr. Flynn “a patriot.”

Mr. Trump will continue his public audition process for possible running mates on Tuesday night, when he is set to appear at a campaign rally in Indiana with Mike Pence, the state’s governor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_G._Stavridis

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/13/us/politics/james-stavridis-hillary-clinton-vice-president.html

I feel like things like this terrorist attack only help Trump and his call to ban Muslims from entering the US. A lot of the time people in times of fear turn to anyone offering them false absolutes simply because they are afraid, and need to cling to something to combat the feeling of living in a world out of control.

Scares me. In times of fear people don't make rational choices.

Trump on why Sarah Palin isn't attending the convention:

“She was asked,” Trump told the Washington Examiner in a phone interview on Thursday. “It’s a little bit difficult because of where she is. We love Sarah. Little bit difficult because of, you know, it’s a long ways away."

:rotfl:

Pence was in Congress for 10 years, was the 4th highest ranking member in House leadership, and has been the governor of Indiana since 2013.

What Republicans don't want people to know is that Gov. Pence is one of the most extreme right-wing politicians in America.

Pence signed the notorious "license to discriminate" bill allowing businesses to deny service to LGBT people. He's so extreme on abortion that he voted for legislation that would give personhood rights to embryos and defund Planned Parenthood.

He even compared Obamacare to the 9/11 attacks and threatened to block Hurricane Katrina reconstruction unless it was offset by cuts to Medicare, the National School Lunch Program, and PBS.

Guest Mauro

Pence was in Congress for 10 years, was the 4th highest ranking member in House leadership, and has been the governor of Indiana since 2013.

What Republicans don't want people to know is that Gov. Pence is one of the most extreme right-wing politicians in America.

Pence signed the notorious "license to discriminate" bill allowing businesses to deny service to LGBT people. He's so extreme on abortion that he voted for legislation that would give personhood rights to embryos and defund Planned Parenthood.

He even compared Obamacare to the 9/11 attacks and threatened to block Hurricane Katrina reconstruction unless it was offset by cuts to Medicare, the National School Lunch Program, and PBS.

He also wrote that smoking doesn't cause cancer.

He's a batshit crazy Evangelical Christian.

LGBT rights

In 2000, Pence stated "Congress should oppose any effort to recognize homosexual's [sic][47] as a 'discreet [sic] and insular minority' entitled to the protection of anti-discrimination laws similar to those extended to women and ethnic minorities." He called for "an audit to ensure that federal dollars were no longer being given to organisations that celebrate and encourage the types of behaviors that facilitate the spreading of the HIV virus" and instead advocated that resources be directed towards conversion therapyprograms.[48][49][50]

Pence has said that homosexuals should not serve in the military, saying "Homosexuality is incompatible with military service because the presence of homosexuals in the ranks weakens unit cohesion" and in 2010 stated that repealing Don't ask, don't tell would "have an impact on unit cohesion".[51] Pence opposed the 2009 Matthew Shepard Hate Crimes Act, saying that Obama wanted to "advance a radical social agenda"[52] and said that pastors "could be charged or be subject to intimidation for simply expressing a Biblical worldview on the issue of homosexual behavior."[53]

Pence opposes both same-sex marriage and civil unions.[54] He has referred to Harvard sociologist Pitirim Sorokin's findings that throughout history, societal collapse was brought about by the deterioration of marriage and family.[55] He has advocated a constitutional same-sex marriage ban, but did not champion such a proposed ban for his first year as governor.[56]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Pence

Guest Mauro

From another forum:

From Mike Pence's archived Congressional campaign website:

Quote:
• Congress should oppose any effort to put gay and lesbian relationships on an equal legal status with heterosexual marriage.

• Congress should oppose any effort to recognize homosexual’s as a "discreet and insular minority" entitled to the protection of anti-discrimination laws similar to those extended to women and ethnic minorities.

• Congress should support the reauthorization of the Ryan White Care Act only after completion of an audit to ensure that federal dollars were no longer being given to organizations that celebrate and encourage the types of behaviors that facilitate the spreading of the HIV virus. Resources should be directed toward those institutions which provide assistance to those seeking to change their sexual behavior.

In addition to being anti-LGBT, Pence is also a misogynist.

Quote:
• In addition to defense spending, Congress should lead a national debate on reforming the military by...

• (2) bringing an end to gender mixed basic training and gender mixed housing on military bases.

• (3) bringing an end to assigning women to combat support units, combatant ships and pilot billets that ultimately result in women becoming involved in combat. While women have always made an important contribution to national security, we must resist liberal impulse to use the military to advance the interest of women in civilian culture at the expense of military readiness and effectiveness. America must not become the only nation in the world to use women in combat positions.

• (4) bringing an end to the "don’t ask/don’t tell" policy of permitting homosexuals to serve in the armed forces. Homosexuality is incompatible with military service because the presence of homosexuals in the ranks weakens unit cohesion.

Now it's official!

I really thought Trump would pick a woman or a latino or a young white guy as VP, to soften his image. But no, he picks the 57 year old white bigot :lmao: