2016 American Presidential Thread

Heaven forbid, turned it on about 10 minutes ago just to have a look but he had already made his speech. How many balloons and streamers can they let down from the roof, just went on and on.

Jan you are lucky you missed it, it was worrying. He wants to re stock arms and thinks climate change is a hoax.

Barney, I am terrified that buffoon will get in. Imagine him running the most powerful country in the world. I can't stand even looking at him. He is a nut and I can't believe that so many Americans love him. He talks a lot of bulldust and his running partner is an ultra conservative nutter.

Fucking hell.

What a depressing ass bleak speech. How anyone can walk away from that feeling uplifted is beyond me. And these people claim to love America? If you listen to Trump we live in the most crime ridden violent out of control nation on earth.

Not to mention it was the longest convention speech in recent memory and he just droned on and on and on blabbing about NOTHING! Just a bunch of hot air and bumper sticker slogans.

Did he really say that crime in America will end the day he is sworn in? :lmao:

On the topic of who Hillary will choose as VP, it's pretty obvious that the Clinton campaign is trying to distract people from the scent so people think she's choosing someone like Kaine instead of someone else I.e. Elizabeth Warren. Hillary and Elizabeth will both be in Florida at the same time that Hillary announces her VP.

I cannot watch any of this anymore. Especially those news programmes that have "political commentators" on. I makes me angry, furious actually. I wanna scream at the screen and wanna punch someone. How is it possible that these people, the republican ones, can spread their lies and hatred and none of the journalists from CNN for instance jump in? Instead they leave it to the democratic commentator to balance out the nonsense. Have journalists become so afraid of being accused of taking sides (this is what conservatives have done all the time to shut the press up)? Only a few times I have seen journalists interrrupting when it became way too ridiculous, like when a member of the U.S. security panel was not opposing Trumps stance on Nato when he very well knew Trumps ideas about Nato and the allies are utter nonsense. I'm sorry, those "shows" have become a propaganda tool.

By the way, what happened to CNN? During this convention I have seen much of really bad reporting and investigating. Even worse, some heavy asslicking. Wolf Blitzer. WTF? He was almost crawling up Trumps son (the one with the bad hair) ass. You know the family personally? Fine. I don't care about it when I watch CNN. I may care about stuff like that when I watch ET.

And to top it all: CNN is reporting on reaching out to the LGBTQ community last night. Give me a f*cking break! Peter Thiel? Openly gay Peter Thiel? Member of the community? Who is, I quote: "proud to be gay"? Hmmmm? Interesting! The very same Peter Thiel who was a closet case for ages, was outed, then sued left and right and spend millions to shut down reports about him being gay? The very same person who said during his speech "who cares who uses what bathroom?". Well, the people just in front of you! This guy is the biggest disgrace ever. He is a capitalist of the worst kind. That is what he is first and foremost. Everything else comes second to making more money and getting more powerful. There is no place for morals or social consciousness. Why was he there? Certainly not to represent the LGBTQ community and certainly not to promote the LGBTQ community.

And Trump promising to protect the LGBTQ community against terror? The applause from the audience was not that great. I guess it was not as important as "Lock her up", okay it's now "Let's defeat her". Anyway. What an empty promise. He is standing in front of the republican platform that has the worst stance and LBTGQ people in ages. The same people that believe conversion therapy is a wonderful thing. The very same people who think LGBTQ people don't deserve proper protection, that think discrimination because of your sexual orientation is fine, that it's okay when LGBTQ people loose their jobs, loose their appartments, are denied services and even medical treatment. People that actually want to strip off the civil rights of LGBTQ people. Yet Trump talks about protecting the community? I'm sure he has that in mind when he wants to appoint conservative judges to the Supreme Court.

CNN and even MSNBC are trying to get on the Faux News bandwagon. They're starting to change their M.O. to tap into those ratings. They're all selling themselves out, and with CNN the writings been on the wall for quite a while now.

MSNBC has recently opened the door to having more republicans on to give their opinion. Which is fair I guess, but part of me is like damn if I want to hear this bullshit I can just turn on Fox.

LOVE when Lawrence O'Donnell comes on though. He is the best. Last night I was like WHERE IS HE!? And then he showed up and tore Trump a new asshole.

Guest Pud Whacker

13669582_330965373902597_227432476846102

:rotfl:

This made me laugh!

-----

I didn't see any of last nights convention or speech's but I'm reading he was very apocalyptic. Ivana was evidently fabulous.

:rotfl:

This made me laugh!

-----

I didn't see any of last nights convention or speech's but I'm reading he was very apocalyptic. Ivana was evidently fabulous.

That sums it up well. It was very dark and frightening.

The convention as a whole was incredibly disastrous.

Clinton and Warren are literally speaking at the same place today....

I'M PRAYING. Tim Kaine would be an unmitigated DISASTER for this campaign. Hillary still needs to court the progressives/Bernie supporters.

Warren and Clinton are both in Florida right now while Tim Kaine is in Boston. It MUST be her.

I don't think she is going to pick Elizabeth Warren. Her personality is so strident and obnoxious. It goes against Hillary's theme to show she is grown up, dignified and adult in comparison to Trump. Plus Warren is too old. Just because she is in Orlando doesn't mean she's part of Hillary's announcement as VP. Maybe she is there to honor the victims, not to be Hillary's VP choice. Is it confirmed she's announcing it today. I thought I read she was introducing her choice tomorrow in Miami.

If it's someone other than Kaine, she might pick Corey Booker, from NJ. She likes him, he's well spoken and younger and cool.

I don't think she needs to necessarily pick someone more liberal and progressive than she is. The people in the middle decide the election. She doesn't want to scare them off with someone too far to the left.

Guest Pud Whacker

It's going to be Kaine and it's going to add zero energy to the ticket allowing Trump to close in on her after this week. Even despite the pitifully inept convention.

God I just can't take her tone-deafness sometimes.

dont fret, she will have a league of celebrities that will appeal to her 14 year old non-voting demographic!!! :lol: