2016 American Presidential Thread

Trump plans to let VP do all the real work while he ‘makes America great again’: report

CNN-trump_turnberry_obama-800x430.jpg

Donald Trump speaking at Turnberry -- (CNN screen grab)

Does Donald Trump really want to be president? That’s a tricky question to answer.

On the one hand, Trump would love the power of the presidency and the constant attention that he would command.

On the other hand, being president is a lot of grueling work that requires going to lots of meetings, reading lots of briefs and making decisions based on complex information. In other words, it’s a lot of stuff that someone like Trump would find very boring.

This is why it’s not too surprising to see The New York Times report that Trump’s campaign told Ohio Gov. John Kasich that if he accepted the job of the vice presidency, he would immediately become “the most powerful vice president in history.”

According to an anonymous Kasich adviser, Donald Trump Jr. told Kasich that Trump’s VP “would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy,” while Trump’s sole responsibility would be “making America great again.”

While there have been plenty of reports suggesting Trump isn’t at all interested in doing the nitty-gritty aspects of being president — and even whispers that he might step down from the job if he actually won — it’s still a little surprising to learn that the campaign is explicitly telling prospective VPs that they’d get to do most of the work.

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/trump-plans-to-let-vp-do-all-the-real-work-while-he-makes-america-great-again-report/

13724647_121002041668481_131545515_n.jpg

tumblr_oakonctr3p1qb6v6ro1_1280.png

Damn. Trump's ghostwriter of his Art of the Deal book just TORE him a new asshole on MSNBC.

Pretty much confirmed what people with an ounce of common sense already think. That he is a black hole. A pathological liar with nothing there and he is only in this for the power and could give two shits about the people supporting him and he is only in this for himself. Long story short. Sociopath.

Damn. Trump's ghostwriter of his Art of the Deal book just TORE him a new asshole on MSNBC.

Pretty much confirmed what people with an ounce of common sense already think. That he is a black hole. A pathological liar with nothing there and he is only in this for the power and could give two shits about the people supporting him and he is only in this for himself. Long story short. Sociopath.

Always been obvious what Trump is. I still can't believe that this buffoon could become the president of the most powerful country in the world. He has no policies, is a dreadful speaker and his views and comments are horrible.

Cruz has his eye on 2020 no doubt.

The man gives me the MEGA creeps. More so then Trump to be honest. There is something so off about him.

Rep Eddie Bernice Johnson just bitchslapped Speaker Paul Ryan with this pic of the Democratic Party interns. LOL.

13690894_10154314243017068_1673387307678

This is exactly what over a million people looked like when I went to Obama's 2nd Inauguration. A crowd of people from ALL walks of life standing together as one. Exactly how America should be.

Pence :lame::snore::snore::snore: No charisma and just...bland as fuck. And bat shit nutty as the rest of em of course. At least friggin Eric and esp Donald Jr and even Gingrich and Christie had some spark. This guy is another typical super stiff old white guy. Seen it 1000s of time already. Whether u agree w/ him or not...not a star at all. Awful! lol

NO DOUBT though *Cruz* trolled/ punked the fuck out of the entire convention and night!! lmfao That absolutely will wash away *anything else said or done 2nte!!

I am sorry but this "Lock her up!" chanting that keeps going on is so disgusting that it literally turns my stomach.

Nothing but a lynch mob.

Rep Eddie Bernice Johnson just bitchslapped Speaker Paul Ryan with this pic of the Democratic Party interns. LOL.

13690894_10154314243017068_1673387307678

All the white people are in back that's why Skin likes it.

Republicans acting like its the dems that divided this country.

Suck my man hole you idiots.

Like it wasn't republicans who came together and swore to stand against everything Obama wanted, and swore to do everything they could to make sure he was a one term President before the man was even sworn in.

hqg-84.gif

Guest Mauro

Oh, shit.

Chris Christie Held RNC Mock Trial Against Hillary Clinton, Who Had the Perfect Response

RTR_RNC_Christie_speech_jrl_160719_12x5_

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie had the entire crowd at the Republican National Convention chanting "lock her up" Tuesday night, as the former federal prosecutor attempted to wage a "mock trial" against presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

Christie — who himself is facing legal woes over the "Bridgegate" scandal over the politically motivated lane closures on the George Washington Bridge — sought to have the crowd "indict" Clinton over her conduct as an elected official.

Christie brought up the controversy over Clinton's personal email server and her foreign policy decisions as secretary of state, riling up the crowd as he went.

"It is our obligation to stop Hillary Clinton now, and never let her get within 10 miles of the White House again," Christie said.

It was the first time during the prime-time speaker lineup that the crowd got animated, chanting "guilty" and "lock her up."

But Clinton's people were more than ready for the ethics lesson — and weren't standing down.

If you think Chris Christie can lecture anyone on ethics, we have a bridge to sell you. http://nyti.ms/2asodda #RNCinCLE

Others were just as quick to point out the ironies that lurked beneath Christie's barrage of accusations, given his legal woes.

I mean, folks, Christie was rocketing toward the GOP nomination until Bridgegate. So, surely you see the irony in this speech.

Christie is accused of deleting texts, emails from private accounts and losing his cell phone that allegedly contained information about whether the governor directed his staff to close lanes on the major artery connecting New Jersey and New York, according to WNYC reporter Andrea Bernstein.

https://mic.com/articles/149237/chris-christie-held-rnc-mock-trial-against-hillary-clinton-who-had-the-perfect-response?utm_source=policymicFB&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=WHFacebook&utm_content=inf_4_285_2&tse_id=INF_490738904ea111e6a541a52d0f601bf9#.3Bj7cMimg

The Clinton campaign also released that footage of Christie hugging Clinton when they crossed paths in New Hampshire during the primaries.

LOL.

Guest Pud Whacker

That bizarre town square witch hunt that Chris Christie held while everyone chanted GET HER or whatever the hell they were saying freaked me out.

That's what everyone's like these days. On each side.

So they say Clinton is down to 3 picks for the VP slot. One of them would be the first Hispanic ever on a ticket Tom Perez. If she were smart she would go with him. Not because he is Hispanic, but because they say he is the last true to form liberal out of the top 3 names.

It came out yesterday the Kaine is for banks having LESS regulations. I am sorry but in an election year where Clinton being tied to big banks and Wall Street and Clinton trying to do her best to get away from that claim this would be one of the dumbest moves ever.

Guest Mauro

So they say Clinton is down to 3 picks for the VP slot. One of them would be the first Hispanic ever on a ticket Tom Perez. If she were smart she would go with him. Not because he is Hispanic, but because they say he is the last true to form liberal out of the top 3 names.

It came out yesterday the Kaine is for banks having LESS regulations. I am sorry but in an election year where Clinton being tied to big banks and Wall Street and Clinton trying to do her best to get away from that claim this would be one of the dumbest moves ever.

Perez has issues that Republicans could exploit especially in the wake of all the police shootings and racial tensions.

Guest Mauro

If Clinton chooses Kaine, I will be EXTREMELY disappointed in her. Extremely. I was really hoping for Warren. Such a let down.

Warren is polarizing and her seat would go to a Republican, not to mention there's the question, can American swallow a two-woman ticket? Trump picking Pence is probably going to force her to be a bit less adventures in her choosing.

Warren is polarizing and her seat would go to a Republican, not to mention there's the question, can American swallow a two-woman ticket? Trump picking Pence is probably going to force her to be a bit less adventures in her choosing.

You're just grasping now.

Kaine is a lousy boring choice that's going to get her flack from the left- a constant nightmare of her campaign that she has finally started to squash. She will be bringing all that negativity lurching right back if she chooses him.

She doesn't have to choose Warren. Perez is a good choice. But this is Clinton - she can't get through a campaign without falling on her sword over and over. Such a brilliant woman with so much doubt in her own instincts. She drives me crazy.