Alligator drags child into lake at Disney resort in Orlando

LSD

This was a very tragic event. :(

Some of the comments in here though.. between this and the complete avoidance of the entire news story about the Stanford rapist, I feel like many posters only have compassion when bad things happen to gay men. We should have empathy for everyone.

Look at this. A huge alligator walks across a golf course in Palmetto, Florida! :scared: And, yes, it is real.

This is insane. There is no way I'd get as close as that guy is getting. Fuck that!!!

Even if those animals look so big and rough, they are damn speedy !!!

Never swim in the same river with them, chance to survive is zero.

On gorund, run so fast you can, or climd a tree. They gonna catch you.

watch at this videos:

:scared:

Poor baby.

I'd like to know what his Parents were doing when he was dragged into the water by the alligator?

I just don't understand. This wasn't an older child. A 2 year old? You need to be watching them constantly. Gosh, even when I would watch my newphew when he was little, I used to be terrified of something happening to him and wouldn't let him out of my sight especially if we went outside.

Some Parents are so careless.

Guest Medoner

We cant always point a finger at the parents. Theyre going through horrifying stuff. People act as if there needs to be someone grabbing their 2 yo with both arms every second of the day. Have you ever spent time with a quick-witted 2 year old? Care to give them a second of playtime at disneyland?

I really dont want this to end on a sad note. Give us a miracle after many painful events of the past week

Edit - oh just now saw and read above post

Yeah the father was with the kid near the water apparently. The parents deserve an outpouring of support.

It kills me to hear anything happening to children especially this age range. My brothers are younger and I helped raise them a bit and my favorite memories are when they were first learning to talk, always asking to be picked up, right around that age. I would have lost my mind if something happened to them.

This was a very tragic event. :(

Some of the comments in here though.. between this and the complete avoidance of the entire news story about the Stanford rapist, I feel like many posters only have compassion when bad things happen to gay men. We should have empathy for everyone.

I don't think that's fair. I think the reaction to the Orlando massacre was because so many people were killed and injured, whereas these other events no matter how terrible involve only one person.

Quite a few straight women were killed and injured at Pulse, they were there with their gay male friends. There were even a couple of straight guys (now I know some people will say they were closeted, but that's not necessarily true) who were there partying with their gay male friends.

It's shocking to think three tragic events happened all in Orlando in the matter of a few days. The killing of the Voice singer, the Pulse massacre and now this!

Parents do not want or need criticism???

A two year old child is still in diapers. A two year old child doesn't talk yet. A two year old child barely walks.

A two year old child would never leave my two arms!!!!!

Nope, your judgmental attitude is exactly the problem with this world. They know they didn't do the wisest thing, but never in a million years would I have thought there were alligators in the man-made lagoon with a BEACH and inviting chairs either. Why are there water activities then if there are alligators in there? People from out of state shouldn't be expected to know these things.

No swimming generally means deep or dirty water, not that there are actual predators.

It's called having a heart.

Nope, your judgmental attitude is exactly the problem with this world. They know they didn't do the wisest thing, but never in a million years would I have thought there were alligators in the man-made lagoon with a BEACH and inviting chairs either. Why are there water activities then if there are alligators in there? People from out of state shouldn't be expected to know these things.

No swimming generally means deep or dirty water, not that there are actual predators.

It's called having a heart.

Judgmental? Yes, you are correct.

Say what you want. I would not let my two year old child out of my two arms.

I can repeat it for you if you'd like.

Judgmental? Yes, you are correct.

Say what you want. I would not let my two year old child out of my two arms.

I can repeat it for you if you'd like.

You can say that's what you'd do all you want. That doesn't help anyone or make the situation better, or display any compassion whatsoever. The parents were right next to their child.

If you learned nothing from Madonna, you should have at least learned that we need less judgment and more tolerance and compassion in this world.

You can say that's what you'd do all you want. That doesn't help anyone or make the situation better, or display any compassion whatsoever. The parents were right next to their child.

If you learned nothing from Madonna, you should have at least learned that we need less judgment and more tolerance and compassion in this world.

You're the only person who thinks I'm being judgmental because you have jumped to a conclusion.

I can live with that.

Have a nice day.

I know Florida is known for having alligators, but WTF were they doing at a Disney Resort? And no signs warning of alligators. The only said NO SWIMMING. The family is from Nebraska. I don't blame them for not knowing they would be in danger. I wouldn't think so either. I guess it's wrong to have faith in Disney.

I don't think that's fair. I think the reaction to the Orlando massacre was because so many people were killed and injured, whereas these other events no matter how terrible involve only one person.

It's not how much was said, it's WHAT was said.

You're the only person who thinks I'm being judgmental because you have jumped to a conclusion.

I can live with that.

Have a nice day.

I have jumped to no conclusion except the lack of compassion you displayed.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Guest ditaluver

Parents do not want or need criticism???

A two year old child is still in diapers. A two year old child doesn't talk yet. A two year old child barely walks.

A two year old child would never leave my two arms!!!!!

this is incredibly horrific and i assume youve never had a 2 year old. cause yes they can walk and talk at 2.

and it would be incredibly unhealthy for you to carry your child around everywhere

this is incredibly horrific and i assume youve never had a 2 year old. cause yes they can walk and talk at 2.

and it would be incredibly unhealthy for you to carry your child around everywhere

9292061.gif

Just to clear up any hard feelings.

I think it's terrible that a little boy lost his life. It's unfathomable. I feel terrible for the parents.

My original thought was... I wouldn't leave my two-year old on a beach for fear of drowning. Yes, I know I'd make a terrible parent. However, I thought it was implied. Never mind for giving you too much credit.

Yeah the father was with the kid near the water apparently. The parents deserve an outpouring of support.

It kills me to hear anything happening to children especially this age range. My brothers are younger and I helped raise them a bit and my favorite memories are when they were first learning to talk, always asking to be picked up, right around that age. I would have lost my mind if something happened to them.

Yes it is really uncalled for this parents blaming. I'm a parent, I have let my kids roam around lakes, beaches etc with my eyes on them. A little kid got GRABBED! Have some sympathy for the parents for goodness sakes!

Forget alligators. I would be holding onto my child near open water in fear of them drowning.

Yes the father was near the kid, watching over him, he wasn't exactly metres away. This is a very tragic unfortunate event that will traumatise these parents.