Alligator drags child into lake at Disney resort in Orlando

LSD

Guest Rachelle of London

Yeah. Where are all the animal activists that were so upset that they killed the gorilla? 5 alligators were killed yesterday. The hypocrisy by the media is astounding.

Guest Mauro

Well, alligators aren't endangered and these parents actually lost their child, so anyone who would take a swipe at them probably feels as tho they've suffered enough, at least I would hope.

The body has been found intact which suggests the alligator drowned him after pulling him in :(:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-16/no-question-boy-dead-after-alligator-attack-at-florida-disney/7515134

That's what they normally do. They drag them under the water and normally leave them to rot a bit to aid digestion rather than eat them straight away.

I've stayed in a Disney resort and honestly I would never expect them to have alligators in places where the public can paddle! No swimming to me doesn't mean that an alligator could be there. It just means it might be deep or very cold!

This is photoshopped, right? :nervous:

It's like a truck!!!

I read that is an old alligator that has been at that golf course for years. The alligator is like a local celebrity and people go to that golf course to try to get a look at it!

this is incredibly horrific and i assume youve never had a 2 year old. cause yes they can walk and talk at 2.

and it would be incredibly unhealthy for you to carry your child around everywhere

They NEVER stop talking or walking at two years old. They are way too heavy to carry around all day. :)

They NEVER stop talking or walking at two years old. They are way too heavy to carry around all day. :)

and after two years of being sleep deprived I think you're glad the kids are running around and playing on their own! Just a terrible, terrible accident but I can't help thinking that Disney are at fault. Looking at the Seven Seas Lagoon layout, I wouldn't expect there to be alligators in the water!

jonski43

I totally agree.

Warning people with signs advising them not to swim in the water is NOT ENOUGH when they've had problems for years with these gators. How is the public to understand the real danger, much less people from out of town who are not familiar with these local species?

Tragic all around.

I think it’s strange how some people are openly putting more support and love toward animals instead of a 2 year old child. Ive seen some people online say horrible things. obviously those people never lost a child in their family (or weren't close to them) or feel deep love for a child because they simple haven't experienced that. a child in a moment like that goes above everything. I don't know about the parents being clumsy with watching their kid, but that's not the baby's fault. In fact I don't want to put the blame on the parents. seems like there was no barricade or fence between the dangerous zone and disneyland's parc where people can just sit and have a picnic or wander around. accidents like this happen. I say sue disneyland, they're a shady parc and it's a good thing this story made it to the press. disney is powerful and has a weird history of protecting it's image and succeeding when things like this happen at their property

Nope, your judgmental attitude is exactly the problem with this world. They know they didn't do the wisest thing, but never in a million years would I have thought there were alligators in the man-made lagoon with a BEACH and inviting chairs either. Why are there water activities then if there are alligators in there? People from out of state shouldn't be expected to know these things.

No swimming generally means deep or dirty water, not that there are actual predators.

It's called having a heart.

thank you

shocked by some of what I read from members posting here. (or maybe Im not..)

I think it’s strange how some people are openly putting more support and love toward animals instead of a 2 year old child. Ive seen some people online say horrible things. obviously those people never lost a child in their family (or weren't close to them) or feel deep love for a child because they simple haven't experienced that. a child in a moment like that goes above everything. I don't know about the parents being clumsy with watching their kid, but that's not the baby's fault. In fact I don't want to put the blame on the parents. seems like there was no barricade or fence between the dangerous zone and disneyland's parc where people can just sit and have a picnic or wander around. accidents like this happen. I say sue disneyland, they're a shady parc and it's a good thing this story made it to the press. disney is powerful and has a weird history of protecting it's image and succeeding when things like this happen at their property

It was Disney's fault and an accident waiting to happen. Saying no swimming when the danger is being eaten by an alligator is like saying no running when the danger is land mines. They tried to whitewash their problem and hide the danger and this is what happened. They warn about literally everything under the sun on all their rides etc but to have water activities and lull visitors into a false sense of security with movie night on the beach and put out beach chairs was just asking for trouble.

And guests are saying even after the attack occurred, they didn't warn any of their other guests that there was an issue and when people asked, employees still weren't allowed to tell people the water had actual dangers besides bacteria. So people thought as long as they didn't put their face in the water or go too deep it wasn't going to kill them.

this is incredibly horrific and i assume youve never had a 2 year old. cause yes they can walk and talk at 2.

and it would be incredibly unhealthy for you to carry your child around everywhere

Yep. Why do people instantly look to criticise when a parent loses their child? Even if they made a mistake...they lodt theor child. That's one of the worst things a person can go through.

Guest eroticerotic

it is also how the news reports it. Advertisers love that, unfortunately, i'd conservatively say about 90% of people online aren't smart enough to critically think and form their own views.

I bet if you do a comparison on social media abuse with poor education statistics, it would be more clear. most of these critic's life experience is behind a computer, following sensationalistic articles and falling for propaganda, so they don't really know what they are talking about.

i hope the parents can cope with the public eye on them.

So sad about this kid.

Yep. Why do people instantly look to criticise when a parent loses their child? Even if they made a mistake...they lodt theor child. That's one of the worst things a person can go through.

they already lost their child to something horrible, now they have to face the judgemental ignorant assholes. i feel for them

Disney is now putting these signs everywhere. It's a shame a child had to die for them to do this!

disney-gator-attack-alligator-sign.jpg

These signs should have been everywhere from the word go. Disney should be in huge trouble for this. Shocking that a little child was taken and killed before they did this.