Alligator drags child into lake at Disney resort in Orlando

LSD

ORLANDO — Deputies in Orlando are searching for a child who was apparently dragged into a lake by an alligator near Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, the Orange County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to the Orlando Sentinel.

The child, who is reportedly 2 years old, was dragged into Seven Seas Lagoon around 9:30 p.m., a sheriff’s office spokeswoman told the paper.

According to several tweets, the child was on the beach during a “movie night” event when the incident occurred.

As of 10:30 p.m., crews are searching the water for the missing child.

This story is developing.

http://wgntv.com/2016/06/14/alligator-drags-child-into-lake-at-disney-resort-in-orlando/

Guest Rachelle of London

This is awful and shocking. Why was the alligator there?!!!!! Near a holiday resort! My god this is scary!

The alligators were there before Disney World. A lot of resorts have swamps and surrounded by swamps.

The alligators were there before Disney World. A lot of resorts have swamps and surrounded by swamps.

This would be a very good reason for me not to ever book! This would scare the living daylights out of me knowing there are alligators near by.

That poor kid, it would be a miracle if they found him alive. :(

Oh my GOD! How horrible... 2 years old... Absolutely tragic, especially when you're somewhere like Disney World, expecting everything to be safe. But yes, there are alligators down there, I've seen a couple myself, from a distance. Not even Disney magic can keep them away.

Apparently, this 2 year old was wading in the water, at night, by himself, with the parents nearby. Florida is known for alligators and there are "no swimming" signs posted EVERYWHERE around this lake. The initial story posted here makes it sound like he was snatched from the beach while watching a movie, but now it seems that is not the case. Such a completely avoidable tragedy and I suspect Disney will somehow be blamed or suffer the repercussions of this.

Apparently, this 2 year old was wading in the water, at night, by himself, with the parents nearby. Florida is known for alligators and there are "no swimming" signs posted EVERYWHERE around this lake. The initial story posted here makes it sound like he was snatched from the beach while watching a movie, but now it seems that is not the case. Such a completely avoidable tragedy and I suspect Disney will somehow be blamed or suffer the repercussions of this.

Exactly.

So sad though.

Again idiots at work "oh you scared to go again"

Why? I'm not stupid.

Guest Rachelle of London

My uncle gets alligators that come into his garden to go in his pool. It's SENSELESS for parents to have a child wander at night. I don't even go in my uncles garden. He had to put fencing up and I still don't go.

Stupid parents. Poor little boy.

This would be a very good reason for me not to ever book! This would scare the living daylights out of me knowing there are alligators near by.

That poor kid, it would be a miracle if they found him alive. :(

I agree. I would never spend my vacations in a place where I know I can be attacked and killed by dangerous animals. I would be in fear and nervous all the time and I wouldn't enjoy my holiday time....

Look at this. A huge alligator walks across a golf course in Palmetto, Florida! :scared: And, yes, it is real.

this is really Amazing !!! this is real Jurassic Park.

So what happpened to the child ? Has he been found ?

It seems like many people are overchallenged being parents. Why do they not take care of their children ?

I am pretty sure, when they find this alligator they gonna kill him :(

I dont fight for animal rights, but I think everyone should know that this place is full of aligators !

So animals have no peace at zoos and now even not in wildfire.

Anyway, I hope this child is going to be found alive, and the parents are goint to be charged. Thats irresponsible !

I agree. I would never spend my vacations in a place where I know I can be attacked and killed by dangerous animals. I would be in fear and nervous all the time and I wouldn't enjoy my holiday time....

Don't go to Australia, :rotfl:

Even if those animals look so big and rough, they are damn speedy !!!

Never swim in the same river with them, chance to survive is zero.

On gorund, run so fast you can, or climd a tree. They gonna catch you.

watch at this videos: