MadonnaNation.com Forums

Would you enjoy a full on straight up country album?

Guest bluejean

No Candy Shop!?

You wouldn't catch me @ that concert.

Did you go to the Rebel Heart Tour?

I remember you disappeared for the longest time in Mnation history.

One song or two, maybe. But not an entire album

Can all of you go on her instagram and tell her that under no circumstances should she do a country album? I heard from an insider that it's being thrown around as a strong possibility for the next project. 😂😂😂

Guest bluejean

Is that the same insider you gave a blow job to to hear GMAYL before everyone else? Which was completely different to the demo :chuckle:

Is that the same insider you gave a blow job to to hear GMAYL before everyone else? Which was completely different to the demo :chuckle:

First of all it wasn't totally different I only heard it through Skype and I think it was the Nikki part. 😂 Second of all no blowjobs were involved. 😂

No, American Life was enough

No, I don't think so. A bit of country here and there, why not? Especially if it's more like California country rock, which I adore.

No! Terrible idea! But if its a whole album in the direction of Devil Pray OH YEAH BABY :)

To me, the music album was country enough for me. I rather her make up a brand new hot genre.

I wouldn't mind if it did happen during/after the Music era, but not nowadays. Been there, done that.

No, American Life was enough

That was folk.

If it's got a Electronic Folk tinge like DTM or Devil Pray then yes, but if it's simply acoustic rock country then no.

Did you go to the Rebel Heart Tour?

I remember you disappeared for the longest time in Mnation history.

Sadly, no! & my opportunity to hear Love Don't Live Here Anymore LIVE is gone forever.

She kind of gave her take on music and the other songs mentioned above

NO. ...NO....and definitely NO!

I honestly can't stand country music. It's so not Madonna's style, she can do folk infused pop like Hollywood and the American Life album but NO NO NO COUNTRY!

THANK YOU!!

No i prefer a mix album of all genre

This forum is going bonkers in between albums. I'm really worried what we'll be posting in 2017! :scared:

Guest bluejean

Sadly, no!

What in the actual fuck. Why??

Agreed. Madonna has never expressed any interest in country artists or passion for it, so I don't see it working. Usually pop artists that do country convincingly have some prior connection with it such as Sheryl Crow or Jewel.

I can see a folk or acoustic sound working. She has said Joni Mitchell is one of her biggest influences and also Elliot Smith who had the acoustic influence.

The only maybe slight country influence I could see ever working is alt country like Joe Henry has been involved with, not mainstream Nashville which is so boring and predictable. I'm thinking of artists like Neko Case, Lucinda Williams and the Cowboy Junkies.

Agreed. Usually pop artists that go country do so because they've completely lost their fanbase and also are out of ideas so just go generic. That's never been Madonna. It's not even about the sound, as we know she sounds amazing acoustically. Madonna is Madonna because of her genius for writing amazing pop hooks and catchy lyrics.

It's exactly why I stopped listening to Sheryl Crow and Jewel!

This forum is going bonkers in between albums. I'm really worried what we'll be posting in 2017! :scared:

:lmao:

FUCK YES! All you poontangs saying no need to open up your ears and stop listening to shit like Kylie or Gwen. Country music ( when done right, not that Taylor Swift Nashville shit ) is glorious... Go listen to Emmylou or Dolly. Madonna would be a damn fool not to go country. It's one genre where older women are not discriminated against but revered For their longevity ( unlike all that pop shit ).

Guest Mauro

She already did it. Maybe we can convince her to release a studio version of "The Funny Song".

Guest Mauro

Sure she has, Music. What exactly do you think country music is?