2016 Pulse Nightclub mass shooting

I hate guns. HATE them.

My husband suggested us getting one a few years ago, for safety/security. I shot that idea down fast. (Pun intended.)

Guest Pud Whacker

All Madonna's security have guns. Thank god.

Sean Penn is obsessed with guns. He would shoot everything at their Malibu home.

Madonna uses guns in her performances.

Guest Pud Whacker

Using guns or violence in your artwork doesn't necessarily mean you are condoning the gun culture that is so prevalent in America though.

One is fantasy...the other reality.

I LOVE EXCUSES!!! im full of them, since birth!!!

:rotfl:

Using guns or violence in your artwork doesn't necessarily mean you are condoning the gun culture that is so prevalent in America though.

One is fantasy...the other reality.

To be fair, i never liked that violent moment in MDNA, those shoots in the head, etc.

I'm not like those absurd SJW, so i don't mind much, but in my head it's a paradox to be praying for love but shooting people in the head in a performance. I thought the same during the violent SFH part in the DWT.

Then again, i don't mind much. Just don't feel comfortable.

Guest Rachelle of London

I'm not a fan of glorifying guns in any sense. Performances included. So I'm a hypocrite because I LOVED revolver and gang bang performances :lmao:

Guns scare the hell out of me.

Guest Rachelle of London

Have you had any direct experience with them? Trained with someone knowledgeable about gun safety?

Nope. Even on the TV they scare me. I've only seen them in Texas and police at the airport

You live in England, right? Training there would be somewhat impossible because everyone is disarmed.

If you make it back to the US you might consider doing it. Your fear of guns would be diminished. Some women even feel empowered by it.

To be fair, i never liked that violent moment in MDNA, those shoots in the head, etc.

I'm not like those absurd SJW, so i don't mind much, but in my head it's a paradox to be praying for love but shooting people in the head in a performance. I thought the same during the violent SFH part in the DWT.

I think it all depends on the context of the work (the narrative), and the intention of the artist.

Pud and Skin...WTF? Skin...insensitive but Pud...get help. People don't die because Madonna licks a FAKE gun. It's totally irrelevant to this inhuman display...this massacre of innocent people. Why compare it? It's not subversive. It's stupidity. I'm not against security detail carrying weapons (certainly not assault rifles though). These are weapons designed to KILL. KILL EN MASS. It's not a pistol designed for an emergency defense. Seriously. Get a sense of perspective.

Guest Rachelle of London

You live in England, right? Training there would be somewhat impossible because everyone is disarmed.

If you make it back to the US you might consider doing it. Your fear of guns would be diminished. Some women even feel empowered by it.

Trust me. You wouldn't want me to be near a gun. I'm the clumsiest person in existence.

We have a lot of gun amnestys around here. It's mostly old people who keep shotguns and things.

Happened after a local ex councillor and friends grandfather was brutally murdered up the road and his Guns stolen and when they caught the guy after attempting to rob another rich old persons house who shot him, they found he had a hit list.

We also had a local guy gunned down in a blatant hit a few years ago and the police basically said they could do nothing. And at the time there were warnings in the local nightclub that was owned by another "business man" not to go down there and it was torched

So yes there are guns in society over here.

Edit as only just saw "fun amnesty"

That's no good

Why does everyone think we have no guns in this country?

We do and we have hunting too. You can enjoy shooting as a hobby. You just can't walk into asda with a mental illness and buy a gun!

You know who won gold at the last Olympics for shooting? Britain!

Why does everyone think we have no guns in this country?

We do and we have hunting too. You can enjoy shooting as a hobby. You just can't walk into asda with a mental illness and buy a gun!

You know who won gold at the last Olympics for shooting? Britain!

No need to get defensive. :angel:

I was under the impression that handguns and even knives of a certain length were forbidden for the average person.

I'm aware that shotguns are popular but they are not great for personal defense.

Guest ditaluver

dare i say, i hated the whole first section due to the dark violent nature of it. mdna is ranked one of her worst tours for me.

i live in Texas and i know lots of people who own guns (including family- i do not and probably will never) but they don't display them and they don't walk around with them. I really have no idea what that culture is like. I hear about it but I dont see it on display. Now if I were in a mall and someone came in with a gun and started shooting, I know someone would be there to shoot back - a citizen or security. someone would be armed

Guest Mauro

EXACTLY

These nuts who do these shootings always chose locations where they know they will be the only one armed. Gun free zones are schools (Columbine, Virginia tech, Sandy Hook), office buildings, and now nightclubs.

Why are there no mass shootings done at a NASCAR rallies or republican events??? ! Because the shooter knows damn well he will be neutralized before the police even show up!

Are you advocating that everyone be armed in schools?

What about the mass shootings that happened on military bases?

The NRA Myth of Gun-Free Zones

And btw, there's also a problem with regular shootings that occur all the time.

Guest Pud Whacker

I'm not a fan of glorifying guns in any sense. Performances included. So I'm a hypocrite because I LOVED revolver and gang bang performances :lmao:

Guns scare the hell out of me.

I love and respect you for life. X

Guest Pud Whacker

dare i say, i hated the whole first section due to the dark violent nature of it. mdna is ranked one of her worst tours for me.

i live in Texas and i know lots of people who own guns (including family- i do not and probably will never) but they don't display them and they don't walk around with them. I really have no idea what that culture is like. I hear about it but I dont see it on display. Now if I were in a mall and someone came in with a gun and started shooting, I know someone would be there to shoot back - a citizen or security. someone would be armed

Ditaluver, I'm so with you on MDNA tour. Unlike Confessions where the opening (future lovers, I feel love, get together, like a virgin) was an invitation for love and proceeded to take us on a love journey for the next two hours. MDNA was all angry. Pointing guns at the audience and imo, was all over the place for the next two hours conceptually.

Guest ditaluver

EXACTLY

These nuts who do these shootings always chose locations where they know they will be the only one armed. Gun free zones are schools (Columbine, Virginia tech, Sandy Hook), office buildings, and now nightclubs.

Why are there no mass shootings done at a NASCAR rallies or republican events??? ! Because the shooter knows damn well he will be neutralized before the police even show up!

yes they call them , "soft targets" - places with little to no security, we all saw what happened with the football stadium in france during those attacks. they didnt get very far, did they? but the concert hall, restaurants...those places are very very vunerable.

and can i just say this shooters father is a big piece of shit, saying this club needed more security. fuck you. this was a place of fun loving happy people having a good time. shouldnt have to have security like youd find at a game or airport for fucks sake. dont blame the club for lack of security

PUD - i think its cause i had life growing inside me and i was in such a happy place so the tour just turned me off. once was enough. almost sad that's the tour my little baby had to endure lol sure wish it would have been the Confessions tour. the pinnacle

Guest Pud Whacker

PUD - i think its cause i had life growing inside me and i was in such a happy place so the tour just turned me off. once was enough. almost sad that's the tour my little baby had to endure lol sure wish it would have been the Confessions tour. the pinnacle

i love that you had little girl growing in you!!!!

MDNA tour was all over the place. i saw it a few times, it WAS NOT one that was beckoning me back.

ive always preferred madonna's celebratory albums and tours.

Ditaluver, I'm so with you on MDNA tour. Unlike Confessions where the opening (future lovers, I feel love, get together, like a virgin) was an invitation for love and proceeded to take us on a love journey for the next two hours. MDNA was all angry. Pointing guns at the audience and imo, was all over the place for the next two hours conceptually.

Yes.

Guest ditaluver

i love that you had little girl growing in you!!!!

MDNA tour was all over the place. i saw it a few times, it WAS NOT one that was beckoning me back.

ive always preferred madonna's celebratory albums and tours.

i know! it was amazing to have her in there :) shes learning her Madonna - trust me!

i totally agree about the semi automatics. its ridiculous and there is NO NEED for someone to have one recreationally

If guns were banned all around would you need people with guns...in schools? You wouldn't need people with guns protecting you anywhere the majority of the time.