2016 Pulse Nightclub mass shooting

Even though there's been a lot of support from religious, in this case Christian, groups...there's also been a lot of ignorance (both blatant and subtle) coming out from them too. Quite revealing what this is bringing out in people, especially the usual suspects. I've read so much "we can 'love' gay people while still 'disagreeing' with them" in the aftermath of all this it makes me crazy.

today in the national tv channel in germany, they did a survey:

one of them was this:

more than 40 percent find it disgusting 2 man kissing in the public.

Can gays and lesbians marry or get domestic partnership status in Germany?

domestic partnerships but still there are differences in adopting, heritage, taxes

Guest Mauro

domestic partnerships but still there are differences in adopting, heritage, taxes

Has there been any traction on the marriage equality front in Germany, or has that pretty much stalled? I thought there was push for it, but that was awhile ago.

Civil unions, not same sex marriage correct? Civil unions were recently approved in Italy too, but couples still can't adopt at least for now..Well, at least it's an improvement in a land where the Vatican has still a great influence in our politics.

Has there been any traction on the marriage equality front in Germany, or has that pretty much stalled? I thought there was push for it, but that was awhile ago.

Civil unions, not same sex marriage correct? Civil unions were recently approved in Italy too, but couples still can't adopt at least for now..Well, at least it's an improvement in a land where the Vatican has still a great influence in our politics.

Its called civil partnership. Here is what I found. Lets say theoretically:

It provides for many of the same rights as marriage, such as in matters of adoption, tenancy and inheritance rights. The law is also important for foreigners who wish to live in Germany as civil partnership can guarantee an unlimited residence permit (unbefristete Aufenthaltserlaubnis) and may help when arranging a work permit. Couples may also take each other’s names, obtain a settlement in the event of a separation. They must also support each other financially.

In 2004 the German parliament extended additional rights to same-sex couples meaning that:

• Same-sex couples cannot be compelled to testify against each other in court;
  • Surviving partners qualify for the state pension;
  • Partners can adopt the biological children of the other partner (although they cannot adopt children as a couple).

Currently same sex couples do not enjoy the same taxation rights as married couples.

In July 2012 the First Senate declared privileges for married couples in respect to taxes on property purchase to be unconstitutional, while in August 2012 a German court ruled that homosexual couples in a civil union should receive the same tax benefits as heterosexual married couples.

Additionally, in 2010 the Federal Constitutional Court ruled that a portion of the tax code requiring gay couples to pay a larger inheritance tax than partners in heterosexual marriages was unconstitutional. Before the ruling the German tax code required gay couples to pay between 17 and 50 percent in inheritance tax upon the death of a partner, while heterosexual married partners were required to pay between 7 and 30 percent.

Finally, same-sex marriages recognised abroad are automatically recognised as registered partnerships in Germany.

But tax and inheritance have so much pratically problems. The buraucracy is taking much time. Also adopting is not as easy as it says above.

It's a real tragedy. It's becoming cool to associate with Daesh now. it's chilling that the latest season of house of cards dealt with a very similar story.

It's almost the same with our "Unioni civili ", minus the step child adoptions at least for now. Many catholic politicians felt uncomfortable even with the adoption of the biological children, so they made them fail. A law against homophobia has been discussed, but not approved yet.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ex-wife-says-orlando-shooter-105927115.html

Ex-Wife Says Orlando Shooter Might Have Been Hiding Homosexuality From His Family

TIME Magazine

Charlotte Alter

June 15, 2016

Omar Mateen's sexuality was the least of Sitora Yusufiy's worries.

Their five-month marriage was abusive from the start. He was controlling. He kept her from seeing her family. He beat her, pulled her hair, dug his fingernails into the soft flesh of her wrists when she wandered away from him in the supermarket.

But when she thinks back on the brief marriage seven years ago, there are other recollections that come to mind. "There were things he would do in his daily life that most straight men dont do," she said in a phone interview with TIME on Tuesday.

"He would take a long time in front of the mirror, he would often take pictures of himself, and he made little movements with his body that definitely made me question things," she recalled, "It definitely popped up in my head whether he was totally straight."

Mateen and Yusufiy met on Myspace and were married from April to August 2009, until her parents sensed she was unhappy and came down to Florida from New Jersey to check on her. When they realized she was in an abusive situation, Yusufiy's parents took her back to New Jersey with them, and the marriage abruptly ended.

Yusufiy said she never noticed anything in their sex life that would lead her to believe Mateen was gay. But she noted that any kind of sexual exploration would have been totally forbidden by Mateen's strict Afghan family.

"In his family structure, homosexuality was really not tolerated," she said. "And one of the directions of his life was to be a perfect son."

"That pressure to be live up to his fathers strict expectations often led Mateen to lash out with violence," she says. Once, she recalled, she fell asleep on the floor while watching TV and he started beating her as she slept. He yanked the pillow out from under her, pulled her by her hair, and then started to choke her. Hours later, when she asked him what happened, at first he claimed he was angry that she hadn't finished the laundry. Then he revealed that hed had a fight with his father.

"As the only son of Afghan immigrants, Mateen was subject to high expectations from his parents. It's pretty pressured. You have to be perfect in every way, you have to have a high education, you have to be totally respectful," Yusufiy said. "And not be in any way homosexual, thats for sure."

Mateen's sexuality has been in question since he was revealed as the killer. Various media outlets have reported that that users on the gay dating app Jackd say they have exchanged messages with Mateen, but the CEO of Jackd says they have not yet found any proof that Mateen had an account. A former classmate at Indian River Community College told the Palm Beach Post that Mateen went to gay bars with classmates and once tried to pick him up. Four regulars at Pulse, the nightclub where the shooting occurred, told the Orlando Sentinel they had seen Mateen there before.

But Pulse is about a two hour drive from Mateen's home in Fort Pierce, FL, and it would take four hours of driving to go there and back in one night. Nobody recalled ever seeing him at TattleTails, a gay bar just a few miles from his apartment. In three gay bars in West Palm Beach, an hour from Mateen's home, none of the bartenders or customers told TIME they remembered ever seeing him.

Yusufiy recalls once hearing Mateen's father Seddique Mateen call his son gay in Farsi, but Mateen laughed it off. "They had this relationship where Omar was always trying to impress him and be the perfect son for his father and live up to his approval, because his father is such a prominent political figure," she said.

The elder Mateen repeatedly rebuffed questions about homosexuality in an interview, including multiple queries about whether his son might have been motivated by homophobia and whether could have been gay. At one point, he said "Let me tell you: my son is not gay. He's not."

Yusufiy isn't so sure. "It's just making more sense in my head from my personal experience that this was probably it," she said.

"He might have been homosexual himself and lived that lifestyle but could never ever come clean about it because of the standards of his father, because of the obligation to be a perfect son," she added.

So at the end of the day it really seems like all this fear over ISIS, and ISIS really had nothing to do with it.

This man seems to as of right now simply be a self hating gay. So much so to the point of slaughtering poor innocent people. So "Islamic radicalism" as Trump would like us to say isnt the issue here. Its homophobia.

Ten and a half hour gun control filibuster still happening in the Sentate. Hopefully the majority voice will be heard. I still feel like an underdog though.

Ten and a half hour gun control filibuster still happening in the Sentate. Hopefully the majority voice will be heard. I still feel like an underdog though.

Americans, PLEASE call your local senator to support the filibuster.

855-331-8593. You will hear a short message from the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. You will then enter your 5 digit zip code, which will put you through to your state senator.. You then say, "I am calling to support the fillibuster."

The Brady campaign will be backstopping the numbers using your zip code to know how many people have called.

Please do it, it will take you (at most) two minutes.

This is happening right now:

LIVE VIDEO: Democrats Hold Senate Floor In Push For Gun Control

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/06/15/482182468/live-video-democrats-to-hold-floor-indefinitely-in-push-for-gun-controlThey

855-331-8593. You will hear a short message from the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. You will then enter your 5 digit zip code, which will put you through to your state senator.. You then say, "I am calling to support the fillibuster."

The Brady campaign will be backstopping the numbers using your zip code to know how many people have called.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/06/15/482182468/live-video-democrats-to-hold-floor-indefinitely-in-push-for-gun-controlThey

I was hold for 30 seconds. It took no time at all.

I was hold for 30 seconds. It took no time at all.

Awesome! Yes, when I called it was very quick.

This is one way we can make our voices heard. If there is any time to take advantage of this opportunity for action, it's now.

Voicemail for my local representatives are full... :(

Ex-Wife Says Orlando Shooter Might Have Been Hiding Homosexuality From His Family
09bccbd0-c46f-11e5-851b-2f7c2e153f2a_d2f June 15, 2016

Omar Mateen’s sexuality was the least of Sitora Yusufiy’s worries.

Their five-month marriage was abusive from the start. He was controlling. He kept her from seeing her family. He beat her, pulled her hair, dug his fingernails into the soft flesh of her wrists when she wandered away from him in the supermarket.

But when she thinks back on the brief marriage seven years ago, there are other recollections that come to mind. “There were things he would do in his daily life that most straight men don’t do,” she said in a phone interview with TIME on Tuesday.

“He would take a long time in front of the mirror, he would often take pictures of himself, and he made little movements with his body that definitely made me question things,” she recalled, “It definitely popped up in my head whether he was totally straight.”

Mateen and Yusufiy met on Myspace and were married from April to August 2009, until her parents sensed she was unhappy and came down to Florida from New Jersey to check on her. When they realized she was in an abusive situation, Yusufiy’s parents took her back to New Jersey with them, and the marriage abruptly ended.

Yusufiy said she never noticed anything in their sex life that would lead her to believe Mateen was gay. But she noted that any kind of sexual exploration would have been totally forbidden by Mateen’s strict Afghan family.

“In his family structure, homosexuality was really not tolerated,” she said. “And one of the directions of his life was to be a perfect son.”

That pressure to be live up to his father’s strict expectations often led Mateen to lash out with violence, she says. Once, she recalled, she fell asleep on the floor while watching TV and he started beating her as she slept. He yanked the pillow out from under her, pulled her by her hair, and then started to choke her. Hours later, when she asked him what happened, at first he claimed he was angry that she hadn’t finished the laundry. Then he revealed that he’d had a fight with his father.

As the only son of Afghan immigrants, Mateen was subject to high expectations from his parents. “It’s pretty pressured. You have to be perfect in every way, you have to have a high education, you have to be totally respectful,” Yusufiy said. “And not be in any way homosexual, that’s for sure.”

Mateen’s sexuality has been in question since he was revealed as the killer. Various media outlets have reported that that users on the gay dating app Jack’d say they have exchanged messages with Mateen, but the CEO of Jack’d says they have not yet found any proof that Mateen had an account. A former classmate at Indian River Community College told the Palm Beach Post that Mateen went to gay bars with classmates and once tried to pick him up. Four regulars at Pulse, the nightclub where the shooting occurred, told the Orlando Sentinel they had seen Mateen there before.

But Pulse is about a two hour drive from Mateen’s home in Fort Pierce, FL, and it would take four hours of driving to go there and back in one night. Nobody recalled ever seeing him at TattleTails, a gay bar just a few miles from his apartment. In three gay bars in West Palm Beach, an hour from Mateen’s home, none of the bartenders or customers told TIME they remembered ever seeing him.

Yusufiy recalls once hearing Mateen’s father Seddique Mateen call his son gay in Farsi, but Mateen laughed it off. “They had this relationship where Omar was always trying to impress him and be the perfect son for his father and live up to his approval, because his father is such a prominent political figure,” she said.

The elder Mateen repeatedly rebuffed questions about homosexuality in an interview, including multiple queries about whether his son might have been motivated by homophobia and whether could have been gay. At one point, he said “Let me tell you: my son is not gay. He’s not.”

Yusufiy isn’t so sure. “It’s just making more sense in my head from my personal experience that this was probably it,” she said. “He might have been homosexual himself and lived that lifestyle but could never ever come clean about it because of the standards of his father, because of the obligation to be a perfect son,” she added.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ex-wife-says-orlando-shooter-105927115.html

13434721_1025071454304007_17730955940613

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

It's crazy to not happen at this point. Australia and Canada and of course the UK are great examples. I think the US is also a bit brainwashed when it comes to understanding the relationship between us and them. We used firearms during the war of independence and not everyday life for good reason. How can anybody be teaching children that guns are a gift to society? War is bad enough on the battlefield. No need to bring it to our streets. As the saying goes 'Live by the sword, die by the sword'.