2016 Pulse Nightclub mass shooting

I wasn't there, and I've been going in an out of depressive episodes since Saturday night. The constant feeling of dread and bleakness has not left. I really had no idea how bad this can make a community suffer until this happened right in my backyard. The worst mass shooting in US history happened a mile from my apartment, in a nightclub I frequent, where dozens of gay men and women were murdered, the vast majority of them hispanic. It's eating me alive.

So if I feel that way, how does Axel feel? Kate? Juan? Gypsy? Josh, my friend who escaped? The mourning families? It's unthinkable. I go from wanting to talk about it to not wanting to talk about it. Trying to focus on other tasks, to obsessively scouring the internet for news. It's following all of us as we grieve.

It's bad.

So sorry for what you are feeling and going through. It is heart breaking.

I wasn't there, and I've been going in an out of depressive episodes since Saturday night. The constant feeling of dread and bleakness has not left. I really had no idea how bad this can make a community suffer until this happened right in my backyard. The worst mass shooting in US history happened a mile from my apartment, in a nightclub I frequent, where dozens of gay men and women were murdered, the vast majority of them hispanic. It's eating me alive.

So if I feel that way, how does Axel feel? Kate? Juan? Gypsy? Josh, my friend who escaped? The mourning families? It's unthinkable. I go from wanting to talk about it to not wanting to talk about it. Trying to focus on other tasks, to obsessively scouring the internet for news. It's following all of us as we grieve.

It's bad.

Something must be done by the city hall or the state to provide a psychological support to people who are in aftermath shock. Fear is a devil in itself, it eats you alive. Your reaction is normal but maybe you should find a professional to talk to because it's gonna haunt you. Even if you don't seek a professional for help, you need to find people to talk, talk and talk again about it because that's the process when you're in a state of shock.

Of course we are here for you too.

It's bad.

I am so, so sorry for what you're going through, my friend. If you ever need to reach out privately, I am here for you. Otherwise, know that there is an entire community here who loves and supports you and is more than eager to offer any assistance we can during this time. It's hard for all of us, but I can only imagine how it's affecting you, the people that were there that night and escaped, and the family members and friends of the victims. Much love to you.

House Floor Dissolves Into Chaos After Moment Of Silence For Orlando Victims

xeotol26cs9rfuhuuytj.jpg

VIDEO

The House floor dissolved into chaos on Monday night after a moment of silence for the victims of the mass shooting in Orlando, Florida, with Democrats shouting in frustration as House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) tried to keep order.
A moment of silence is traditionally held to commemorate shooting victims, but after 49 people were slaughtered during a mass shooting at a gay nightclub on Sunday morning, some Democrats said that wasn’t enough.
“Where’s the bill?” Democratic reps shouted. “Show some respect!”
Ryan banged his gavel in vain, calling for order. Some representatives walked out of the room in protest, including Rep. Jim Himes (D-CT).
Himes announced that he’d skip out on the moment of silence earlier Monday, calling it an “abomination.”
The Connecticut representative’s district is close to Newtown, where 20 first-graders and six adults were fatally shot at Sandy Hook Elementary School in 2012. Himes called moments of silence “obnoxious expressions of smug incompetence” on elected officials' part.
Legislation to restrict the sale of assault weapons and to prevent people on the terror watch list from acquiring firearms has been introduced in the wake of previous mass shootings, but never advanced through Congress.
Despite has previous inclusion on an FBI terrorist watchlist, Omar Mateen, the US citizen who carried out the Orlando attack, was legally able to purchase a Glock handun and AR-15 assault rifle in Florida because he had no criminal record.

......... a 'moment of silence'. Please. And then back to business as usual because more than half of the frauds in that room are in bed with the NRA.

It's revolting that the US media still tries to hide that this was a hate crime, the guy was clearly a closed gay struggling with his sexuality. Its seems very convenient for the republicans to use this as a terror propaganda and not the fact that this happened because of easy acess to guns and widespread homophobia. Two things needs to be discussed and that is GUN CONTROL and GAY RIGHTS.

Trump Says He Will Seek Anti-Terrorism Advice from the Domestic Terrorist-Loving NRA

"I will be meeting with the NRA...to discuss how to ensure Americans have the means to protect themselves in this age of terror."

Trump-NRA-Terrorism-701x392.jpg

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/06/14/trump-seek-anti-terrorism-advice-domestic-terrorist-nra.html

If this were a satire it would be funny but it's so unbelievably awful, I'm beyond words.

I'd heard a couple of reports there was more than one person involved but that could just have been confusion in the madness.

Actually I'd def. say more than 1/2 of the overall media has positively acknowledged it was a 'hate crime' and/or acting very sympathetic or at least semi sympathetic (even f'king Faux News! lol) Though w/ them it totally depends what show and who you're watching. People like Greta, Shepard and I think Megyn (closeted super liberal fag hag who's only playing the Faux card for $$ lol)!

Old tired news but Trump is certifiably INSANE! lol. Soo clear he's super dis-regulated at the minimum. Charismatic and 'maybe' stable enough at the right time in a way which is connecting with and manipulating enough people.Even if you're a 'marketing genius' you just don't act as erratically and change your tune 100x in 3 days! Refer to how in the speech he 'now has the gays back, have a right to who you love...I'm better than Hillary for the LGBT community etc..:# lmao). Aagin either insane, bi polar and even senile and/or the best, most evil, power obsessed con man who ever shit stained the earth! I still think it's the latter. You could be 'crazy' and have tinges of being 'off' and senile here and there but I still think he's knows what he's doing and simply is crazed w/ simply 'winning' vs giving 2 flying wet shits about this country, one of his redneck IQ of 11 supporters! lol

Old tired news but Trump is certifiably INSANE! lol. Soo clear he's super dis-regulated at the minimum. Charismatic and 'maybe' stable enough at the right time in a way which is connecting with and manipulating enough people.Even if you're a 'marketing genius' you just don't act as erratically and change your tune 100x in 3 days! Refer to how in the speech he 'now has the gays back, have a right to who you love...I'm better than Hillary for the LGBT community etc..:# lmao). Aagin either insane, bi polar and even senile and/or the best, most evil, power obsessed con man who ever shit stained the earth! I still think it's the latter. You could be 'crazy' and have tinges of being 'off' and senile here and there but I still think he's knows what he's doing and simply is crazed w/ simply 'winning' vs giving 2 flying wet shits about this country, one of his redneck IQ of 11 supporters! lol

Sounds like our country's newly elected President.

Can we say that people who are homophobic are likely gay themselves ?

I think there is something true in it. Maybe not all of them, but a specific percentage are afraid of being gay or are not comfortable with it, so they attack verbally or physically gay people.

I just read an article about it yesterday, if I find it I can post it.

I think there is something true in it. Maybe not all of them, but a specific percentage are afraid of being gay or are not comfortable with it, so they attack verbally or physically gay people.

Yes I have always believed that. Or at the very least, they are unhappy with their life somehow. So if I see a homophobic tweet or whatever posted somewhere I never take it personally, it is all about that person and their issues and I think it's obvious and sad.

Actually I'd def. say more than 1/2 of the overall media has positively acknowledged it was a 'hate crime' and/or acting very sympathetic or at least semi sympathetic (even f'king Faux News! lol) Though w/ them it totally depends what show and who you're watching. People like Greta, Shepard and I think Megyn (closeted super liberal fag hag who's only playing the Faux card for $$ lol)!

Well I would never bother with Fox but everything I've seen has been talking about it being an attack on a gay club. But there were non GLBT people killed, and also mostly Latinos, which is getting mention but not a lot.

It's true to a certain extent, but many heterosexuals can be homophobic too because of ignorance, religious or political beliefs or because they are simply narrow-minded.

It's true to a certain extent, but many heterosexuals can be homophobic too because of ignorance, religious or political beliefs or because they are simply narrow-minded.

yup, I didnt mean all of them. The others are brainwashed concering religion, political reliefs or they are narro-minded. But stil, I have nothing but compassion for those who predict to be straight but in secret are gay and damage peacefully living others.

yup, I didnt mean all of them. The others are brainwashed concering religion, political reliefs or they are narro-minded. But stil, I have nothing but compassion for those who predict to be straight but in secret are gay and damage peacefully living others.

Of course, their lives must be very sad and pathetic.

I don't know if there's a thread that's already opened but last night in France, two policemen (husband and wife) were killed by a man who had pleaded allegiance to ISIS as well :wacko:

Concerning the Orlando shooting, I'm relieved that all our Floridians are safe :brenspin:

Like I said mass shootings are common in the U.S. A mass shooting is defined by four or more people wounded or dead. On average the past few years there is at least one mass shooting per day. PER DAY! A lot of them don't get much national coverage because they are so frequent and people have become numb to gun violence. They only get shocked now by the higher numbered mass shootings. :thumbsdown:

Like I said mass shootings are common in the U.S. A mass shooting is defined by four or more people wounded or dead. On average the past few years there is at least one mass shooting per day. PER DAY! A lot of them don't get much national coverage because they are so frequent and people have become numb to gun violence. They only get shocked now by the higher numbered mass shootings. :thumbsdown:

WHATTTTT??? 1 MASS SHOOTING PER DAY??? How is that possible! Its insane!

Concerning Orlando there is a link for donations:

https://www.gofundme.com/OrlandoUnited?viewupdates=1&utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&utm_content=cta_button&utm_campaign=upd_n

Yeah a shooting in France and another incident at a Walmart in Texas.

Sadly I'm sure there will be more to come.

thats so barbaric the beginning of civil war, hollywood should stop the violence in their movies.

Miguel do people you know believe it was a lone perpetrator or several individuals?

From the little I've spoken to people who were there, they said they only saw one guy and/or heard one gun at a time, though he did have 2 guns in his possession. Not sure about contrary reports - but it's understandable since so many people were killed in so little time. It seems like it had to be the work of two people. But nope. The assault rifle he used can do that kind of damage all on its own.