2016 Pulse Nightclub mass shooting

Guest Medoner

In my eyes it's a no brainer. He felt trapped, ignored, unloved and he couldn't face his father. He was likely jealous of happy gay men who accepted themselves.

I agree i dont think senseless hate exists without self-hatred

I have no sympathy for the gunman whose vile anger and hate has taken so many innocent lives. We pussyfoot around too much with evil scumbags who have no respect for other people and human life.

I hope the wonderful LGBT community can go where no one else has and get these pathetic gun laws changed. It is sickening that people can go out to a club to enjoy themselves in peace and instead get murdered. No one needs to own powerful weapons.

omg stop...this is so heartbreaking...and in the month where all my lgbt friends/family are happy and celebrating pride...

clearly, there is no god...why all this horror for something that doesn't exist. :(

btw-i just believe this all stems from religion.

Guest Mauro

Well now people can shut up asking us why we have pride parades and gay bars and gay spaces. We're still under attack from terrorists and thugs and there are still people who want to make us invisible as made clear by the media who want to sweep this being a homophobic hate crime under the carpet. :angry:

Thank god that guy who was on his way to the LA Pride event with the vehicle full of chemicals and guns was stopped.

Guest Mauro

A former classmate reports he talked about a guy being his type.

The Daily Fail printed some story about classmates reporting that after the Twin Towers collapsed, he reacted the planes hitting the buildings on the school bus and was all happy about it or something. It's going to take time deciphering fact from fiction. It's all over the place and I'm sure there are tons of people looking for their 15 minutes of fame.

This is why I always say that you cannot underestimate the damage to be done from the belief that "gay is sin/haram" - regardless of the god in question, or the ideology at play. Once you plant that seed of belief in the mind of any individual, let alone entire communities and cultures...there are consequences. Whether it's 'God hates fags' or 'Homosexuality is forbidden and punishable (by death)' or even 'love the sinner, hate the sin'...you have planted the seeds of self-doubt and self-hate...and you never know how that will manifest itself. Regardless of whether he was struggling with his own sexuality or just a confused homophobe with mental instability and plenty of existing prejudices...this is a wake up call to anyone preaching or holding the belief that "gay is sin." There are very real consequences to your 'beliefs'.

Guest eroticerotic

This is why I always say that you cannot underestimate the damage to be done from the belief that "gay is sin/haram" - regardless of the god in question, or the ideology at play. Once you plant that seed of belief in the mind of any individual, let alone entire communities and cultures...there are consequences. Whether it's 'God hates fags' or 'Homosexuality is forbidden and punishable (by death)' or even 'love the sinner, hate the sin'...you have planted the seeds of self-doubt and self-hate...and you never know how that will manifest itself. Regardless of whether he was struggling with his own sexuality or just a confused homophobe with mental instability and plenty of existing prejudices...this is a wake up call to anyone preaching or holding the belief that "gay is sin." There are very real consequences to your 'beliefs'.

100 with you

This. Well said.

omg stop...this is so heartbreaking...and in the month where all my lgbt friends/family are happy and celebrating pride...

clearly, there is no god...why all this horror for something that doesn't exist. :(

btw-i just believe this all stems from religion.

Agreed. I boycotted all the 'moments of silence' today. We need real change, not prayers or thoughts.

I won't give up.

I have no sympathy for the gunman whose vile anger and hate has taken so many innocent lives. We pussyfoot around too much with evil scumbags who have no respect for other people and human life.

I hope the wonderful LGBT community can go where no one else has and get these pathetic gun laws changed. It is sickening that people can go out to a club to enjoy themselves in peace and instead get murdered. No one needs to own powerful weapons.

1) It's not about sympathy. It's about understanding. If we don't try to learn, to understand and simply focus on anger then we lose.

2) This guy wasn't evil. Broken, brainwashed and mentally tortured more like.

Everything else I agree with completely.

I have to remind people that it wasn't just gay men who died. Women died too. This isn't just an attack on gay people. This is an attack on humanity.

This was very hard to watch. Anderson pays tribute reading all the names of those killed. I didn't know them but they feel like family to me. :(

I hope they all can rest in peace. Seeing the mother breaking down on TV because she couldn't find her son was heartbreaking.

A couple of police officers were killed at their home in front of their 3 y/o son by a bastard saying he was doing it for ISis/Daech....he filmed the whole thing and posted it on FB.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/13/french-policeman-stabbed-death-paris

Thing is now every bastard that wants to act for personal reasons will claim it's for Isis and Isis always says they are involved because it makes them exist and feared.

Policemen are now marching all around Paris (they are not allowed to go on strike so this is huge)

2) This guy wasn't evil. Broken, brainwashed and mentally tortured more like.

You can be broken, brainwashed, and mentally tortured and still not murder 49 people. This is a complex issue with lots of interwoven spokes. I'm not getting into that debate here of course, but I just want to say that.

I know Michael/Axel Andrews and watched him perform every Tuesday night. He has been laying low from what I understand (I dont blame him), but I am glad he shared his story. What a hero. Reading that sent a million shivers down my spine. I am so happy he, Juan, Kate, and Gypsy - all employees I know well, and who were wounded Saturday night, are okay. Unfortunately DD, another bartender, died Saturday night.

RIP

Guest Mauro

You can be broken, brainwashed, and mentally tortured and still not murder 49 people. This is a complex issue.

I know Michael/Axel Andrews and watched him perform every Tuesday night. He has been laying low from what I understand (I dont blame him), but I am glad he shared his story. What a hero. Reading that sent a million shivers down my spine. I am so happy he, Juan, Kate, and Gypsy - all employees I know well, and who were wounded Saturday night, are okay. Unfortunately DD, another bartender, died Saturday night.

RIP

I hope they offer counselling services to survivors and anyone in the area who witnessed and was affected by this tragedy in Florida. It can take time before it hits a person, once the initial shock wears off. I once heard that the mental health services in Florida are (or at least were) limited. A lot of mental health professionals travel to states specifically where tragedies occur and staff is limited. Hopefully they'll do that again.

Guest Mauro

A couple of police officers were killed at their home in front of their 3 y/o son by a bastard saying he was doing it for ISis/Daech....he filmed the whole thing and posted it on FB.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/13/french-policeman-stabbed-death-paris

Thing is now every bastard that wants to act for personal reasons will claim it's for Isis and Isis always says they are involved because it makes them exist and feared.

Policemen are now marching all around Paris (they are not allowed to go on strike so this is huge)

People have to made aware that ISIS isn't like al-Qaeda.

I wasn't there, and I've been going in an out of depressive episodes since Saturday night. The constant feeling of dread and bleakness has not left. I really had no idea how bad this can make a community suffer until this happened right in my backyard. The worst mass shooting in US history happened a mile from my apartment, in a nightclub I frequent, where dozens of gay men and women were murdered, the vast majority of them hispanic. It's eating me alive.

So if I feel that way, how does Axel feel? Kate? Juan? Gypsy? Josh, my friend who escaped? The mourning families? It's unthinkable. I go from wanting to talk about it to not wanting to talk about it. Trying to focus on other tasks, to obsessively scouring the internet for news. It's following all of us as we grieve.

It's bad.

So sad reading comments on friends Facebook etc who were there or knew people .

I can't even imagine the heartbreak.

Idiots at work asking me if I'm going to cancel my holiday to orlando next year. Fuck no!

You can be broken, brainwashed, and mentally tortured and still not murder 49 people. This is a complex issue with lots of interwoven spokes. I'm not getting into that debate here of course, but I just want to say that.

RIP

Believe me, I'm not saying he is innocent in this situation. My point is that this situation is complex and being hateful is only going to add to the negativity. It's easy to hate and it can feel good/right when somebody has done something so despicable.

The dead and injured in this are the victims I really feel for right now. My heart has genuinely broken more than once in the last few days. I hope the souls of the dead can find peace and that their loved ones can be strong. It's fucking shit.

The point is that we have to make change to stop circumstances like this from ever happening again. In America AND the whole world. I'm so frustrated with all of this hatred and miscommunication happening in the world. We need to open up more and listen to our neighbours more. We need to communicate and educate. We are connected around the world via the internet. Everybody is talking but who is listening?

If the police would have outright banned this man from buying ANY firearms or weapons this wouldn't have happened. If his father hadn't mentally abused him this wouldn't have happened. If the people he pulled a knife on in that same club had contacted the police this wouldn't have happened! We need to stop focusing our hatred on individuals and look at society as a whole. I'm far from perfect and I'm trying to better myself and help people do the same. I am so fatigued but I'm going to put every effort into changing attitudes and helping people.

So sad reading comments on friends Facebook etc who were there or knew people .

I can't even imagine the heartbreak.

Idiots at work asking me if I'm going to cancel my holiday to orlando next year. Fuck no!

I had friends identifying themselves as safe on Facebook. Weird. Humanity needs to start a new movement.

Guest Mauro

House Floor Dissolves Into Chaos After Moment Of Silence For Orlando Victims

xeotol26cs9rfuhuuytj.jpg

VIDEO

The House floor dissolved into chaos on Monday night after a moment of silence for the victims of the mass shooting in Orlando, Florida, with Democrats shouting in frustration as House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) tried to keep order.
A moment of silence is traditionally held to commemorate shooting victims, but after 49 people were slaughtered during a mass shooting at a gay nightclub on Sunday morning, some Democrats said that wasn’t enough.
“Where’s the bill?” Democratic reps shouted. “Show some respect!”
Ryan banged his gavel in vain, calling for order. Some representatives walked out of the room in protest, including Rep. Jim Himes (D-CT).
Himes announced that he’d skip out on the moment of silence earlier Monday, calling it an “abomination.”
The Connecticut representative’s district is close to Newtown, where 20 first-graders and six adults were fatally shot at Sandy Hook Elementary School in 2012. Himes called moments of silence “obnoxious expressions of smug incompetence” on elected officials' part.
Legislation to restrict the sale of assault weapons and to prevent people on the terror watch list from acquiring firearms has been introduced in the wake of previous mass shootings, but never advanced through Congress.
Despite has previous inclusion on an FBI terrorist watchlist, Omar Mateen, the US citizen who carried out the Orlando attack, was legally able to purchase a Glock handun and AR-15 assault rifle in Florida because he had no criminal record.