2016 Pulse Nightclub mass shooting

Guest Mauro

Sorry, but I have to be a realist sometime.

But don't mistake that for me not having hope.

The public really has to demand that something be done. After all those innocent children were massacred right before Christmas, people quickly lost interest in any talk of gun control once again.

People are once again blaming the victims in Orlando for their own demise, including a certain presidential candidate (if everyone had been carrying a gun, why didn't they fight back...). Unfortunately, the NRA has brainwashed generations into believing this hogwash.

Guest Mauro

I'd like to see gay lobbyists and gay organizations add gun control to their agendas now. I hope they make statements about their intentions to do so.

Tears....

Eddie Jamoldroy Justice, a 30-year-old accountant, sought shelter in the bathroom from where he texted his mom:

Mommy I love you

In the club they shooting

Trapp in the bathroom

Call police

Im gonna die

His mother, Mina Justice, tried to reassure him that she'd called 911 and help was coming:

Calling them now.

U still there?

Answer your phone.

Call me.

Call me.

Justice replied: Call them mommy

Now

Im still in the bathroom

Hes coming

Im going to die

He then went silent. He was among the 49 who didn't make it.

My mum told me this story , she is reading all news about this horrible massacre ,i was shaking and got goosebumps 😢😢😢😢😢😢

She read also that the killers were walking around

In every room killing people 😢😢😢😢😢

I want to hug every gay man in USA right now

I know how horrible is this.

the killer literally went into the bathroom and shot through every stall and when people cried and screamed for him to stop, he killed someone outside the bathroom, laughed at his death and then put the rifle over the stalls and shot through every single one.

he is said to have been a regular at pulse for over 3 years getting drunk and belligerent and saying he had a wife and kid.

the killer literally went into the bathroom and shot through every stall and when people cried and screamed for him to stop, he killed someone outside the bathroom, laughed at his death and then put the rifle over the stalls and shot through every single one.

he is said to have been a regular at pulse for over 3 years getting drunk and belligerent and saying he had a wife and kid.

where are you getting this information?

where are you getting this information?

i just saw a live video feed of one of the people shot in the bathroom and what he went through. he lost his two friends in front of him and i also just read two drag queens interview discussing how they have seen him so many times before and kind of avoided him cause they once made a joke about religion and he pulled a knife on them but had seen him for years on occasion saying he gets drunk there cause he can't drink at home and hates his dad and has a wife and kid etc...

You have no excuse to think that way if I'm not thinking that way. Take your passion and channel it in your community. A far less severe moment in the early 90s lead to the Feinstein bill that banned assault weapons for 8 years until it expired, predictably, under the Bush admin.

This can happen with a strong congress. So let's be positive for once. I just browsed the 2016 election thread and was disgusted by how people on this board are behaving. We all need to slap ourselves in the face and ask ourselves why we are contributing to the toxicity.

I'm very sorry that this happened so close to you and seriously, after knowing you even if just online for almost 15 years, I seriously don't give a flying fuck if my opinions disgust you or anyone else.

I have never in a million years personally attacked ANYONE for not agreeing with me. I've been called everything for sharing my opinion and I seriously don't care.

I'll keep on doing it and since you're one of the moderators block me if you don't like it. That makes perfect sense in a MADONNA forum.

I'm very sorry that this happened so close to you and seriously, after knowing you even if just online for almost 15 years, I seriously don't give a flying fuck if my opinions disgust you or anyone else.

I have never in a million years personally attacked ANYONE for not agreeing with me. I've been called everything for sharing my opinion and I seriously don't care.

I'll keep on doing it and since you're one of the moderators block me if you don't like it. That makes perfect sense in a MADONNA forum.

What's with the aggression toward me? I didn't even quote you or respond to anything you said. I spoke broadly and wasnt even thinking about you in that comment. Youre free to speak how you want. I'm not a moderator and I'm not blocking anyone. Maybe you should block me if you have such a problem with me, or are paranoid enough to think I have an issue with you. I don't. Never have actually. I'm going through a lot, but tantrums like this aren't going to affect me either way. Do you boo. No need to go into this martyr campaign on me. No one asked for it and it wasn't required.

I don't think you should be doing that in this thread of all places.

Well, to be fair that's been an easy mistake to make based on what I'm seeing. I want everyone to know that things can change. You have to want it to happen.

We all have a right to our opinion but let's not resign ourselves to things.

Hilary's response seemed good. I believe in her. The American people now need to reclaim their power in a positive and peaceful way. Make the world look at America with wonder again. I always joke about America and the crazy things that happen there but I'm definitely rooting for you guys to make a lasting difference. I care about all people and America taking a stand would be a very positive and loud message to spread around the world right now. This shit needs to stop. This guy had been brainwashed and taught to hate himself so deeply that he did this. It is vile. Everybody needs more love and more respect. Let's all try to be mindful and if we need support let's ask for it! 💋

He's a gay man who clearly was destroyed by the dogmatic teachings of his father. Imagine growing up not only never feeling love but feeling trapped and hateful about your own feelings. It should be classed as torture. Acceptance and love is what people should be teaching their children. That father is partially responsible for the death of those people and the only way these things can be changed is with compassion. It's so easy to feel hateful. I have been so angry today but I'm not going to go down that road. That man did an awful thing as a result of the awful things done to him. Sad and disgusting.

Im so confused now. Everything ive heard about this guy is a mixed bag

i've only heard one story. islam extremist tendencies, assaulted his ex wife, remarried, has kid...father's an asshole homophobe and he frequented pulse to get out of the house and drink and was upset seeing two guys kiss and told his father months prior...

what r you seeing?

Gosh, it's terrible! What a tragedy!I am shaking reading this. I really don't want to watch the TMZ video. I don't think I can handle it.

i've only heard one story. islam extremist tendencies, assaulted his ex wife, remarried, has kid...father's an asshole homophobe and he frequented pulse to get out of the house and drink and was upset seeing two guys kiss and told his father months prior...

what r you seeing?

The father said the son was upset seeing 2 men kissing on the street, but if he was frequenting gay club & gay apps then he was seeing more than that.... maybe the father is trying to cover it up?

Guest Medoner

what r you seeing?

Ive heard he was also a kind and compassionate person at some point of his life, and you have too

The father said the son was upset seeing 2 men kissing on the street, but if he was frequenting gay club & gay apps then he was seeing more than that.... maybe the father is trying to cover it up?

i don't see it that way...self-loathing gay just expressing homophobic opinions in front of his homophobic father...

i don't think anyone in his family knew he went to pulse or knew he had a jack'd account. he also could've had that app to try and kill men he met...

Ive heard he was also a kind and compassionate person at some point of his life, and you have too

i'm assuming at some point in his life...at least one day in his life, he had a good laugh with someone or showed some kind of human decency...some people fake it. some people actually have good days in their lives besides these crazy moments that slowly creep up that they hide from others who don't think there's anything wrong...

i mean, it's a common thought that even men who beat their wives aren't considered as evil as this man's actions so regardless if he showed pro-islamic-extremist leanings (to his family they could potentially agree with him and see nothing wrong in it) and had hit his previous wife, they could also not see anything wrong with that.

Mensch if he was looking to kill gays using an app it wouldn't be so difficult. His mind had clearly snapped. Probably from years of pressure and brainwashing. Different cultures have very different ways and sometimes that culture shock continues on longer than you can imagine. In my eyes it's a no brainer. He felt trapped, ignored, unloved and he couldn't face his father. He was likely jealous of happy gay men who accepted themselves. He would have wanted what they have and this reported moment of him getting upset seeing two guys kissing was probably for the same reason. If your father is telling you all your life that gay men will be punished by god...and you are gay...imagine the pressure. That pressure caused him to snap and those poor people lost their lives because of it. Does anybody here live in an environment similar so they can sjed light on how it feels? Spazz?

A guy on MSNBC is talking about how he and his friends had seen this guy trying to hook up on numerous gay apps and sites. Had his photos on all except one where he would send them. The guy speaking said he thought the guy was a creep and blocked him but some of his friends communicated for longer.