2016 Pulse Nightclub mass shooting

Somebody else's son,somebody else's daughter dead and for what? People went to a nightclub to go dancing and enjoy themselves and didn't come home. What will it take for the U.S government to radically reform their gun laws and amend the constitution? How many people have to die needlessly before something changes? How has the NRA been allowed to attain so much power and influence? My heart hangs heavy for those men and women who lost their lives,and I send my thoughts and prayers to their families and friends. Hopefully this cowardly act will inspire the change and reform that is so desperately needed.

You know guys, I have a cousin who works in the police force in Chicago and i still really can't believe how anti-gun control he is...

This is what he wrote, i want to read your opinion about it...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ronnie Dunn is right. I hate to make this a political issue, but it's become one. What Obama and Hillary will never understand is that criminals, terrorists, gang bangers, and evil people of all kinds will NEVER turn in their guns. Why? Because evil people don't abide by America's many gun laws. The gun laws of America only prevent law abiding people from purchasing guns. They will never stop evil people from getting guns. How do I know this? Because I live in the most violent city in America- the city of Chicago. And Chicago happens to have the most restrictive guns laws in America bar none. And none of these restrictive gun laws have ever stopped the nightly bloodbath that occurs here. But they sure make it hard on law abiding people like my wife or my family to purchase guns.

Keep in mind that when Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, and James Madison were writing the 2nd Amendment, they were staring right at the British Crown. The same British Crown that took away the common people's guns so the British government could impose their will on the British people.

When the British Crown attempted to disarm the American colonists, George Washington made the decision to go to war. And our Nation was born. We went to war over guns, and our right to protect ourselves from over reaching, meniacal, abusive governments. Governments like Russia, China, North Korea, Cuba, etc. The 2nd Amendment is the only thing that protects everybody's 1st Amendment freedoms of speech, religion, press, and assembly. Without the 2nd Amendment, government could trample all over your individual liberties much like in Russia, China, North Korea, and the former British Crown.

The real problem are the two words both Obama and Hillary refuse to even say- Radical islam. If you refuse to even acknowledge the problem, then you will never defeat the problem. Trump was right to call both of them out on this. This guy was an American citizen which makes him even more dangerous because he was already here. However, when both the head of the CIA and the FBI, along with the Director of Homeland Security, and every branch of the military are telling you point blank that it's not a good idea to allow all these Syrian Muslims into America because there's no way to properly identify way them, then Obama and Hillary should listen to them. But they refuse to listen to them in the name of political correctness, thereby endangering the lives of all Americans, and making this country less safe.

This country very much needs to be like Israel. The Israelis have been fighting and defending themselves against radical Islam for decades. They understand the threat in front of them, and are not afraid to confront it, whereas Obama and Hillary want to stick their heads in the sand, and just wish these people will go away.

Here's a newsflash for both of them: They are not going away, and when you try to negotiate with them, they take that as a sign of weakness. They are bullies, and bullies need to be appropriately and professionally dealt with.

And just for the record- do you know what the Boston Bombing, the San Bernardino Massacre, the Fort Hood slayings, and the Orlando terrorist attack all have in common other than radical islam? They were all stopped by American police officers. Not the FBI. The FBI gives press conferences and gathers data. At the end of the day, it will ALWAYS be some lowly copper that will have to confront the evil that is radical islam.

And your president doesn't even bother to show up at National Police Memorial Week. He always chooses to go golfing instead. His utter disdain and condescension of American law enforcement is very obvious.

Just remember- this country went to war over guns when the British Crown tried to disarm the American colonists. This is not about gun control. This is about the evil that is radical islam. And until this country accepts this, we will continue to be in danger.

And you know what the biggest irony of all is? The fact that both Obama and Hillary are surrounded by very brave men and women with guns 24/7/365. Guns are good enough to protect their families, yet the two of them don't want you or your family to have them. How ironic. The hypocrisy of the left never ceases to amaze me.

I want the two of you, Obama and Hillary, just once, to try and say these words- "radical islam." Just once. See, was that really that hard to do?!@#$%^&?

---------------------------------------------------

Why the need for Obama to mention Radical Islam? The shooter is an American citizen of Afghan descent... It wasn't like he traveled illegally from some MidEast country and plotted an attack... He is a homophobe, plain and simple... and i can smell the hypocrisy of some establishment Republicans "mourning" over this tragedy... I am sure behind closed doors they are celebrating...

I still can't believe how easy it is to buy guns in the US that it's just like a candy bar from a 7/11 or something... such lethal weapons need to be restrictive...

He can't even solve the gun crime in his own turf, yet he has the audacity to criticize people trying to solve the world problem. #GurlBye

From MSN.com
ISIS gunman Omar Mateen's father has said that his son should not have killed 49 revellers at Pulse nightclub... because "God himself will punish those involved in homosexuality".

Speaking on Facebook, Seddique Mateen said: "I don’t know what caused him to shoot last night. "I am deeply saddened and announce this to the people of America. "God himself will punish those involved in homosexuality – this is not for the servants’ of God."

:(

From MSN.com
ISIS gunman Omar Mateen's father has said that his son should not have killed 49 revellers at Pulse nightclub... because "God himself will punish those involved in homosexuality".

Speaking on Facebook, Seddique Mateen said: "I don’t know what caused him to shoot last night. "I am deeply saddened and announce this to the people of America. "God himself will punish those involved in homosexuality – this is not for the servants’ of God."

:(

Disgusting piece of shit. And the fact that he is all over the news giving interviews to all kinds of news programmes somehow suggests that he pretty much enjoys the situation. I don't remember the father or parents of any killer doing such intensive press work. I would like to think any parent who believes they raised their child properly would go into hiding because of the shame and guilt they would feel.

I am so beyond pissed the fuck off today. Still. I should feel more sadness (and I do), but...

This country has lost it. I really have no hope left.

ITA.

I feel as though we (as a country) are so far into this that there may never be a way out. That there will never be a resolution. That things are only going to get worse, not better.

I would love to be proved wrong, but yeah.

there is no hope. things will not change. we're just going to live in continued chaos of senseless deaths revolving around hatred, religion and politics. power and greed triumph love.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGnCemICblD/?taken-by=hendricksx_

Being hopeless seems like the path I usually take. I am an Orlando resident. I live in the 32804 zip code. I speak to you all as someone who is very close to all of this. I choose today, after the depression and horror I have felt in the last 48 hours, to not be hopeless anymore.

I am at my dad's house in the Tampa area right now, laying low and trying to take some time to absorb this.

The worst mass shooting in US history literally happened 1 mile from where I live at a club that has been a huge part of the story of my gay brothers and sisters. An innocent place where some of the best times of my life have happened. That's not hyperbole. This was a home away from home. This is VERY REAL to me. I'm back posting here because I want you all to know this. I have tried to distract myself with laughter, , posting on here in the Janet thread, the pool, working out, now I'm trying to focus on being a voice for the city I live in. It may seem naive but in 2016, we are all facing a choice. We can stay silent or we can ensure our leaders feel the pressure.

Feinstein has just introduced a bill in the senate that takes care of 1 prong of the problem. Let's see if we can get them to go further.

Guest Mauro

Just heard some guys are reporting they received messages on a gay dating app in the weeks before the incident from the shooter.

Closet case?

He was seen at Pulse a lot apparently for months/year.

ITA.

I feel as though we (as a country) are so far into this that there may never be a way out. That there will never be a resolution. That things are only going to get worse, not better.

I would love to be proved wrong, but yeah.

If babies getting shot up in a school didn't change anything...I don't know what will.

If babies getting shot up in a school didn't change anything...I don't know what will.

You have no excuse to think that way if I'm not thinking that way. Take your passion and channel it in your community. A far less severe moment in the early 90s lead to the Feinstein bill that banned assault weapons for 8 years until it expired, predictably, under the Bush admin.

This can happen with a strong congress. So let's be positive for once. I just browsed the 2016 election thread and was disgusted by how people on this board are behaving. We all need to slap ourselves in the face and ask ourselves why we are contributing to the toxicity.

Guest Mauro

There were also accounts from people in the club that there seemed to be more than 1 gunman, or at least some accomplice. Any news about that? Doesn't seem to be reported.

That report seems to come from a Facebook posting from an account that has a history of posting wacky things, so people are dismissing it now.

You have no excuse to think that way if I'm not thinking that way. Take your passion and channel it in your community. A far less severe moment in the early 90s lead to the Feinstein bill that banned assault weapons for 8 years until it expired, predictably, under the Bush admin.

This can happen with a strong congress. So let's be positive for once. I just browsed the 2016 election thread and was disgusted by how people on this board are behaving. We all need to slap ourselves in the face and ask ourselves why we are contributing to the toxicity.

Sorry, but I have to be a realist sometime.

But don't mistake that for me not having hope.