MadonnaNation.com Forums
Guest Mauro

Producers For M's Next Album

Bjork!

I actually have no idea. I don't know any producers.

One. One producer. One theme.

stromae

he's a great lyricist and very emotive singer/rapper. the production isn't spectacular, it's simple. (which can be good of course)

stromae

It didn't cross my mind but it's a great idea! That would be very interesting! :thumbsup:

I'd love to see her work with The Presets. They're an amazing Australian electronic duo who've produced some incredible tracks.

Also keen for Mirwais to make a return.

Mirwais apparently has new music coming.

Id love for Warner to release things like "Madonna: The Mirwais Sessions" or "The Orbit Sessions" with demos, alternate mixes, remixes, etc. With that producer.

I would love her to work with Jack Antonoff from Bleachers and Fun. I feel like they would work well together.

I want a return to her roots. An adult version of her early 80s sound, since she's returned to NYC, anyways. I want her to work with the truly unknown producer she plucked from complete obscurity. . .

Suggesting that she make music with young dance producers and acts seems a little naive to me. Their sound might be "current", but it's essentially all a rehash of the evolution of house as Madonna experienced it the first time around. It would seem really derivative. Ironically, she avoided this entirely on Rebel Heart, but for all the songwriters, the material is what needed to be stronger and more personal. Kanye was a nightmare and should have been flicked to the curb, but M got so riled up and confused. She got it wrong.

Doesn't seem like there is a Euro-Genius to bring on board at this point. Electronic music has evolved into something that's a little post-genre, and it's saturated as fuck.

If she wants to capture something of her essence, I'd really prefer she work with musicians and producers she has worked with before and who are seen as fundamental to her legacy. However, if she wanted to go more grassroots, maybe a Jack White, Brian Eno, Tony Visconti, Joe Henry collaboration would be exciting! Oh. And lots of African influences.

SOPHIE

Bloodpop

I wouldn't mind Max Martin too to be honest.

+1

someone with REAL EXPERIENCE.

i KNOW if diplo was not tall, blond and white you all would hate Bitch, Im Madonna.

Are you accusing people of racial bias?

I used to care who she worked with. Now I feel like the only thing I can hope for is to like whatever she serves up with whomever she chooses.

I dont like this talk of producers, because it always seems people have some idea of a particular 'sound' that she should be chasing, and then when she does she get canned for chasing the latest trend. I would prefer she focus on songwriters and let the sound emerge from the songwriting process. So, Pat Leonard would be excellent as a starting point, even if someone else ultimately produces it.

Found her an unknown musician for the artsy FARTsy fans. Madonna, go scope him out for your next record! :yes: