Britain votes in favor for Brexit

XXL

Some of you guys are awfully confident in the wake of a pretty historic vote and the uncharted waters youre going into. By all means i wish you the best because your issues affect everyone. But this vote is just a few hours old. Let's hope you come out of it smelling of roses like you claim you guys are going to, for the love of god!

My trains this morning are delayed. The collapse is real.

Chelle will you represent the London district when it all goes Hunger Games in a couple of years?

You'd be up against Kim for Scotland though.

:scotland:

If you don't like something, change it. That's exactly what Scotland did after years of voting for Labour and getting nowhere. Who's moaning? Some would like FULL fiscal and economic control of their own country's affairs, simple as that. And the result today is yet ANOTHER indication of the disparity. That provincial parts of England that just chose a wrong and very damaging avenue to send a message to the "establishment". Good for them, but wrong move.

Where did you get your degree in economics?

Guest Mauro

The public shouldn't be made to feel bad for this, whatever money we loose it's the governments fault. The public voted this way because they had had enough I think.

Our governments have totally ruined our country, our healthcare, our homes, our jobs. Life long Londoners can't afford to live or rent here anymore. There is a reason certain parts of the country voted out over others. It hasn't been glorious Britain for a long time sadly, and the E.U. offered no refuge to those who felt lost already. In my opinion.

No. Anyone who voted Leave bears the burden of what's to come. PERIOD.

Guest Rachelle of London

Omg they're gonna hate us even more at Eurovision :lmao:

Negative points for the first time

Guest Mauro

They shouldn't even allow you in now. :lol:

Guest Rachelle of London

Some of you guys are awfully confident in the wake of a pretty historic vote and the uncharted waters youre going into. By all means i wish you the best because your issues affect everyone. But this vote is just a few hours old. Let's hope you come out of it smelling of roses like you claim you guys are going to, for the love of god!

Because we remember the scare mongering going on when we never took on the euro. I'm not confident I just don't understand the click bait scaremongering. Cameron said if we voted out it'll start a nuclear war. anyone would laugh.

EU referendum: Pound hits lowest level since 1985

_90079890_etx.capital.jpg

The value of the pound has fallen dramatically as it emerged that the UK had voted to leave the EU. At one stage it hit $1.3305, a fall of more than 10%, and a low not seen since 1985. Before the results started to come in, the pound had risen as high as $1.50, as traders bet on a Remain victory.

But following early strong Leave votes in north-east England, it tumbled to $1.43 and then took another dive after 03:00 BST as Leave maintained its lead. The move in sterling is the biggest one-day fall ever seen and London's main share index, the FTSE 100, is expected to open sharply lower, with indications of a fall of around 7%.

A weaker pound buys fewer dollars or other foreign currencies, which makes it more expensive to buy products from abroad. However, it should benefit exporters as it makes their goods cheaper. Against the euro, the pound dropped 7% to around €1.2085. The euro also fell 3.3% against the dollar, its biggest one-day fall since the currency's inception. Currency traders say these moves are more extreme than those seen during the financial crisis of 2008.

"Never seen anything like it. These are once-in-a-lifetime moves, bigger than Lehmans and Black Wednesday, and we haven't even had the result yet," said Joe Rundle, head of trading at ETX Capital.

"It's worth noting that trading desks are not fully staffed and these are only the initial reactions," he added.

"We're waiting for the big money to crank into action over the coming days and even weeks, which will likely exert further downward pressure on sterling."

Around midnight, sterling had risen to $1.50 after leading Leave campaigner Nigel Farage said it looked as though Remain had "edged" the vote. But those gains were short-lived as the first results showed surprisingly strong votes to leave the EU. As for shares, the markets are pointing to a 8% slump when the FTSE 100 opens on Friday.

'Nervous moves'

In Tokyo, the Nikkei 225 share index has fallen by more than 8% with the yen up 5% as investors piled into the Japanese currency, which is seen as a safe-haven. The Bank of Japan (BoJ) said it stood ready to supply money to the markets if necessary. "The BoJ, in close co-operation with relevant domestic and foreign authorities, will continue to carefully monitor how the (British referendum) would affect global financial markets," the Bank's governor Haruhiko Kuroda said in a statement.

Japan's finance minister Taro Aso said he was ready to respond to movements on the currency market if necessary to prevent "extremely nervous moves". A increase in the value of the Japanese yen hurts the country's exporting companies. In commodities, the price of gold jumped nearly 7% to $1,348.27 an ounce.

It isn't uncharted waters. We were here before and the before was a lot better! I'm not saying that's an indicator of what is to happen but I think a lot of the EU scare mongering is responsible for ANY panic going on. Rather than have a knee jerk reaction to the result I will wait and watch. I'm more grown up/reasonable like that. I didn't vote and I fully expected remain to be the result but looks like behind the noise the majority wanted to leave.

Because we remember the scare mongering going on when we never took on the euro. I'm not confident I just don't understand the click bait scaremongering. Cameron said if we voted out it'll start a nuclear war. anyone would laugh.

BREXIT DISASTER = Millenium bug 2016. 😂😂😂😂😂

Well that I understand. I just don't see how this is anything except murky waters for the future... and obviously it's going to really disrupt you guys economically. Foreign investment is going to run for the hills at least in the short term and I can't see how that's good

Guest Mauro

It isn't uncharted waters. We were here before and the before was a lot better! I'm not saying that's an indicator of what is to happen but I think a lot of the EU scare mongering is responsible for ANY panic going on. Rather than have a knee jerk reaction to the result I will wait and watch. I'm more grown up/reasonable like that. I didn't vote and I fully expected remain to be the result but looks like behind the noise the majority wanted to leave.

No. There was no UK leaving the EU before. WTF are you talking about? Jesus.

Irn Bru is made just outside Manchester. :rotfl: you're supporting the Greater Manchester market Hun

So they have a second manufacturing plant? How unusual.

My toast got burned. #shouldhavevoted #doomsday #ukhasfallen

I kinda like how the rest of the MNation "world" gets to see this mentality. It's kinda like a microcosm of real life.

That's because you still don't understand that before the Euro, it was the UK and a bunch of separate European countries, so nobody had much more power than the other. Now it's the UK against the entire rest of the EU, which is a different matter altogether. If you don't think you've just voluntarily made yourself weaker while still having to deal with the whole for international trade, financial regulations, and European/world politics, then you're completely missing the picture.

The UK now is all talk and no influence because now they have no power over anybody.

The public shouldn't be made to feel bad for this, whatever money we loose it's the governments fault. The public voted this way because they had had enough I think.

Our governments have totally ruined our country, our healthcare, our homes, our jobs. Life long Londoners can't afford to live or rent here anymore. There is a reason certain parts of the country voted out over others. It hasn't been glorious Britain for a long time sadly, and the E.U. offered no refuge to those who felt lost already. In my opinion.

I can't even...

Scotland voted to remain in the UK, so if they are apart of the UK don't they have to accept that the UK voted leave?

(Honest question, not being snarky or whatever).

Yes. This is why they want a second referendum to leave the UK so they can apply to rejoin the EU.

Right little cluster fuck isn't it!

What are you relying on, your gut? That literally sounds like a Donald Trump quote. Economists all over the world are pretty unanimous that this is basically turning the lights out on your economy unnecessarily. The severity obviously depends on your government and the bank, and the short term things they do, but jesus.

Look I'm not telling you to have a heart attack for no reason I just think that it's perhaps something you should take seriously. You guys just made history. It ain't like you guys just voted on the color of your national flag.

"A weaker pound buys fewer dollars or other foreign currencies, which makes it more expensive to buy products from abroad. However, it should benefit exporters as it makes their goods cheaper. Against the euro, the pound dropped 7% to around 1.2085. The euro also fell 3.3% against the dollar, its biggest one-day fall since the currency's inception."

Why is nobody talking about this? Rather convenient. Like I said, economic insecurity of the short time. After balance is restored things will be good.

Guest Rachelle of London

Madonna should re release Ghosttown and film the video outside the Gherkin next year. The City going bankrupt and all. I'll be Terrence.

Guest Mauro

What are you relying on, your gut? That literally sounds like a Donald Trump quote. Economists all over the world are pretty unanimous that this is basically turning the lights out on your economy unnecessarily. The severity obviously depends on your government and the bank, and the short term things they do, but jesus.

Look I'm not telling you to have a heart attack for no reason I just think that it's perhaps something you should take seriously. You guys just made history. It ain't like you guys just voted on the color of your national flag.

:lol: I swear. :abuse:

It's not economists...it's the media.

Guest Mauro

That's because you still don't understand that before the Euro, it was the UK and a bunch of separate European countries, so nobody had much more power than the other. Now it's the UK against the entire rest of the EU, which is a different matter altogether. If you don't think you've just voluntarily made yourself weaker while still having to deal with the whole for international trade, financial regulations, and European/world politics, then you're completely missing the picture.

The UK now is all talk and no influence because now they have no power over anybody.

fingers+in+your+ears.jpg

thank you.

but are you still going to be there????I want my country to leave eurovision...

and as much as spain is less relevant than the UK,we are going to have the second elections in 6 months to choose the government,and the political party that is full of scandals is going towin again.so, a lot of crazyness is happening in all the countries!

Sinn Fein says British vote to leave EU intensifies case for united Ireland vote

A British vote to leave the European Union intensifies the case for a vote on whether Northern Ireland should leave the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland's largest Irish nationalist party Sinn Fein said on Friday.

"This outcome tonight dramatically changes the political landscape here in the north of Ireland and we will be intensifying our case for the calling of a border poll" on a united Ireland, Sinn Fein chairman Declan Kearney said in a statement.

"The British government as a direct result have forfeited any mandate to represent the interests of people here in the north of Ireland in circumstances where the north is dragged out of Europe as a result of a vote to leave," he said.

You want guns and you're gonna vote for some orange oaf named Donald. Nobody trusts your Political opinion.

I know, if I just vote for Hillary I'd be so so smart. Using me as your whipping boy to try and get that "I'm so middle of the road" you desperately seem to crave around here.

The severity obviously depends on your government and the bank, and the short term things they do, but jesus.

Actually the severity depends on the mercy of the EU when making changes to trade and financial regulations as well as the severity of foreign investors' reactions. The repercussions are literally out of the UK's control if they follow through on leaving.

The UK needs the rest of the world and its status as a financial capital of the world a lot more than the rest of the world needs it economically. Lots of international business can easily be shifted to France and Germany instead.