Britain votes in favor for Brexit

XXL

We're singing from the same hymn sheet Kim. My point was in response to UK having an immigration issue and the point that we "don't take in enough migrants" the fact that there are EU migrants in this country sleeping rough due to low housing, camps in central London of people from Romania, Estonia, Bulgaria etc all EU states, what are we doing for those EU members? How could we bring in more if we can't even sustain the ones we have already? That alone shows we have an issue. The country needs a whole overhaul. More social housing, more money for public services, SAVING THE NHS, more schools. The complete opposite of our current government. The country is not fit for natural population growth let alone chavs popping out 15 kids and 20,000 Syrians. Leaving the Eu Is not the issue which is why I'm voting to stay in. However this whole referendum is getting a lot of people thinking which is a step in the right direction.

To me, the main problem with England is how much everything is concentrated in London especially the wealth. Londoners are having a hard time surviving in a city that is slowly transforming into an exclusive one for the super rich. Those foreign billionaires are responsible for the housing market gone mad. So it's no surprise that migrants end up on the streets when londoners are already struggling themself.

The London dream was sold to these migrants, that's why they all wanna go there, they speak the language but they also see the incredible wealth flashed on tv worldwide...England should start showing the world a more realistic image of the country outside of the west end.

Guest Rachelle of London

The London wealth is slowly but surely working its way out out of London because even the mega rich are being priced out of London. Surrounding towns and cities, even shitholes (sorry to offend) like Luton have seen house prices double. Milton Keynes which is even further out the same.

We have Boris to thank for allowing foreign billionaires to basically stash illegal gotten gains in London pushing house prices out of control. And all he can do is brag about us having the most amount of billionaires than any other city in the world. Forget that these billionaires are some of the most corrupt and dangerous people on Earth.

But yes I agree. People think London is the UK. When really most of the U.K. Is more like Lincoln :lmao:

Another issue. Saw that on CNN yesterday. Education. They were at Cambridge talking to a professor and she said that many many projects are funded by the EU. Furthermore all those tech companies that surround Kings college will be affected as well since much of their work is a cooperation with Cambridge. Of course, they have many foreign staff members that might get problems with work permits and visa.

From my experiences in South of France and Spain...the police do jack shit about illegal immigrants. Like 'oh well' and that's why there's a problem.

Immigration is not a problem in Spain. It never has been.

There have been illegal, because it was impossible to legalize them so fast. But there have been massive legalizations every several years. Besides, if you are legal, you can bring your whole family, so they all are legal. If a baby is born in Spain, the mother is automatically made legal. And the baby is Spanish by law.

The Police and asociations like Red Cross, etc, have worked very, very hard so there hasn't been big problems. Only recently we have problems in the cities we still have in north Africa: Ceuta and Melilla, when immigrants come in masse to jump the fence.

People came, started to work and built a family. There weren't guettos, they share the same neiborhoods. In my street live Chinese immigrants, their shop is next to a shop from Subsaharian Africans, and in front there are two hairdressing places, ruled by Moroccans. Next to my building there are two houses inhabited by gypsies. And my street is a very paceful place: kids from Chinese people play with the gypsy ones, I go to the Moroccan hairdresser and buy tomatoes and vegetables in the Chinese shop.

if foreign people do bad things, they will do in the same level as national people.

So no, there was not a problem in Spain.

From my experiences in South of France and Spain...the police do jack shit about illegal immigrants. Like 'oh well' and that's why there's a problem.

South of France is whole other country in itself :) From local politicians to the huge immigration they have. Beautiful place but between corrupted politicians to insecurity (car jacking, mugging....) it's no wonder in the Ab Fab movie trailer Edina says "We're in south of France sweety ! Everyone's a criminal here". It's very true. My cousin got the hell out of there after 5 nightmarish years in Nice. Her employer was a crook and she got mugged twice and car jacked once.

Guest Rachelle of London

What makes me laugh that there are countries where these migrants are travelling THROUGH to get to Western Europe and they refuse to accept them. Look at Poland, their economy right now is even stronger than Britain yet they don't want any migrants. Could you imagine the uproar if Britain stopped taking in Polish people? Yet Britain which is twice as crowded as France and Germany only a portion of the size gets the bad rap for only taking 20,000 migrants from Syria alone.

That's another thing that peeves me off about the EU. Not all countries are held accountable.

What makes me laugh that there are countries where these migrants are travelling THROUGH to get to Western Europe and they refuse to accept them. Look at Poland, their economy right now is even stronger than Britain yet they don't want any migrants. Could you imagine the uproar if Britain stopped taking in Polish people? Yet Britain which is twice as crowded as France and Germany only a portion of the size gets the bad rap for only taking 20,000 migrants from Syria alone.

That's another thing that peeves me off about the EU. Not all countries are held accountable.

:clap: %100

Guest Rachelle of London

:clap: %100

The Dutch are calling for their own referendum and to leave the EU. No ones speaking about that though. Just Evil Britain.

So true. Most of nationalities that are demanding to stay in other countries are INCREDIBLY racist. It's absurd and it really annoys me a lot

The Dutch are calling for their own referendum and to leave the EU. No ones speaking about that though. Just Evil Britain.

True too.

I have only heard one of that Dutch referendum.

We are facing scary times though. Most European countries are facing major social problems and are being noticed throug far right parties, rupturist parties, radical parties.

Reminds me a lot of Europe in the 30s. And all that, because some stupid CUNTS decided to get richer and richer and empover population.

Any one of US could leave tomorrow and go and live in Poland (however unalluring the prospect) Sounds like the issue of REFUGEES is being mixed up with EU immigration again. And no, Britain is most certainly NOT taking in it's fair share of refugees and should hang its head in shame.

Any one of US could leave tomorrow and go and live in Poland (however unalluring the prospect) Sounds like the issue of REFUGEES is being mixed up with EU immigration again. And no, Britain is most certainly NOT taking in it's fair share of refugees and should hang its head in shame.

On the other hand you surely are taking your share of french people especially in London :lol:

Why are people complaining about the UK not taking enough refugees? How about any of the rich middle eastern countries? Why does nobody complain about them NOT LETTING LIKE ANY REFUGEES IN AT ALL!? Like...wtf?

Oh gee, I don't know, maybe it's something to do with the thread being about THE E.U. and therefore countries who have signed up to the Common European Asylum System.

Yes it would be nice in some people's minds to be able to bulid a 10,000ft wall around every country in the world with a KEEP OUT sign on it. I despair.

Oh gee, I don't know, maybe it's something to do with the thread being about THE E.U. and therefore countries who have signed up to the Common European Asylum System.

Yes it would be nice in some people's minds to be able to bulid a 10,000ft wall around every country in the world with a KEEP OUT sign on it. I despair.

Honey take a step back. Read what I said. Why is Britain evil for only having hundreds of thousands of immigrants while rich as fuck Dubai has like none? I mean it even makes more sense. A country that shares language, religion and culture. It's like Scotland having to find refuge and us sending them over to Lebanon. Like da fuq is this shit? Refugee guilt is the new white guilt. People need to be educated.

Don't we have to also take into consideration history? I mean, Britain and France have already weathered enormous backlash in the second half of the 20th century due to immigration related to correcting their shameless colonialism. This does have some influence over the current response of people embracing their version of nationalism, no?

Honey take a step back. Read what I said. Why is Britain evil for only having hundreds of thousands of immigrants while rich as fuck Dubai has like none? I mean it even makes more sense. A country that shares language, religion and culture. It's like Scotland having to find refuge and us sending them over to Lebanon. Like da fuq is this shit? Refugee guilt is the new white guilt. People need to be educated.

First off, Dubai is a soulless, monolithic man-made shithole so I'm not surprised ASYLUM SEEKERS aren't welcomed with open arms. But while I get what you're saying, should it be that if one place shuts their door, that means everyone should? For the record, Britain accepts approx 14k asylum seekers per year. Educate yourself.

First off, Dubai is a soulless, monolithic man-made shithole so I'm not surprised ASYLUM SEEKERS aren't welcomed with open arms. But while I get what you're saying, should it be that if one place shuts their door, that means everyone should? For the record, Britain accepts approx 14k asylum seekers per year. Educate yourself.

I'm talking accumulative not yearly. I am educated bitch, in all the ways that matter. :sassy: Calm your do gooder pants. Spray some of your soothing Kylie moisturiser on your penis. Did I say Britain should close its doors? I said the Britain bashers need to educate their sheep minds and address the larger problem if that's what they care about. I don't think they care. I think they like to have something to campaign about to make their life feel more...significant. Love you Kimberley but I don't need to be schooled. Not even by you. :erotica:

How on EARTH does the UK not have an immigration problem?

And what is the difference between a real or a fake immigration issue?

I didn't say that you don't have problems as a result of immigration in the UK. I was simply saying your perspective on the matter cannot be compared to Spanish, Greek or even more so Italian citizens. Just in sheer terms of numbers and timeline. Moreover the UK is not even part of Schengen which grants the country a much greater filter compared to other EU countries

I would also love to point out that in spite of all that's wrong with EU centralisation of power and the added currency woes based on a system which was wrong from the very start (another issue you are not burdened by, having retained the pound) the UK currently enjoys more benefits than they suffer limitations

The corporation of the City of London (a state within a state almost) is continuing to thrive exactly because the UK is still part of the EU and there is a tacit deal/correlation between the two entities. If the UK were to really leave the EU there would be some consequences for the British economy, in the short term for sure because thanks to the brutal deindustrialisation and privatisation policies implemented by the Thatchers and Blairs your economy DEPENDS on the financial, real estate, insurance, stock exchange, forex market and advanced third sector like no other country on earth. It's like a bubble that's being fictitiously kept going but bubbles can burst

In another post you also mentioned how Boris Johnson made London a haven for the Russian, Saudis oligarchs pushing property prices up and driving people out of London etc. I don't think that's ascribable to one person in particular or one party in particular, it's a systemic corrupt system that has been robbing British people off their land, jobs and real worth for much longer than that.

It was not JUST happening with Johnson, didn't start with him and it ties back to what I was saying about the City of London handlings and how the political elites of all colours helped to make it what it is now.

Overall I am very skeptical about the real reasons for this EU project but it's shortsighted to say the EU has made Britons miserable when certain EU countries have a much richer and more diversified economy yet are constantly made to bear the brunt for the fallacies of this asymmetric poorly/partially thought out centralised system

One more thing, you often here British eurosceptics complain about Romanians and Bulgarians coming to London and the UK in general, well guess what, who pushed the most for those countries to join the EU, countries that up until very recently were embroiled in regimes, corruption, wars etc and have overall more frail economies ..... British politicians paid with British taxpayers money, simply because they thought it would be advantageous to destabilise the strong Franco-German heart of the Union. You can't be cynical and then complain about the consequences of that very same cynicism and blame it all on the outside

I didn't say that you don't have problems as a result of immigration in the UK. I was simply saying your perspective on the matter cannot be compared to Spanish, Greek or even more so Italian citizens. Just in sheer terms of numbers and timeline. Moreover the UK is not even part of Schengen which grants the country a much greater filter compared to other EU countries

I would also love to point out that in spite of all that's wrong with EU centralisation of power and the added currency woes based on a system which was wrong from the very start (another issue you are not burdened by, having retained the pound) the UK currently enjoys more benefits than they suffer limitations

The corporation of the City of London (a state within a state almost) is continuing to thrive exactly because the UK is still part of the EU and there is a tacit deal/correlation between the two entities. If the UK were to really leave the EU there would be some consequences for the British economy, in the short term for sure because thanks to the brutal deindustrialisation and privatisation policies implemented by the Thatchers and Blairs your economy DEPENDS on the financial, real estate, insurance, stock exchange, forex market and advanced third sector like no other country on earth. It's like a bubble that's being fictitiously kept going but bubbles can burst

In another post you also mentioned how Boris Johnson made London a haven for the Russian, Saudis oligarchs pushing property prices up and driving people out of London etc. I don't think that's ascribable to one person in particular or one party in particular, it's a systemic corrupt system that has been robbing British people off their land, jobs and real worth for much longer than that.

It was not JUST happening with Johnson, didn't start with him and it ties back to what I was saying about the City of London handlings and how the political elites of all colours helped to make it what it is now.

One of the first things Tony Blair did was deregulate financial institutions which essentially turned them into large poker games. Foreign investment and the great sell off of London was happening way before Boris.

Recently there was article about some detective who'd spent years investigating and fighting the mafia. He said that the most corrupt place on earth is the UK as the financial institutions are secretly diverting massive amounts of criminal money.

Guest Rachelle of London

I never said it was all down to Boris. I was saying we've got Boris to thank for making speeches about how proud he is that London has the most amount of billionaires in the world when it's a known fact that most of these people are the most corrupt crooks on the planet. It's nothing to be proud of.

Plus Boris turned down many times to even LOOK into regulating the London housing prices. Even the Bank of England wanted to step in. Sadiq Khan bless him hasn't even been mayor for 2 months and is looking into providing rental caps. Something needs to be done. We need a mayor that doesn't brag about going for £50,000 lunches with members of Russian Bratva.

Britain isn't the only country painted as "evil" for not taking in refugees. It's a massive issue in Australia and in many other "western" countries too.

While I recognize that "rich" countries should be taking on the burden of these people (especially considering it's in large part due to their actions that this problem exists in the first place) I personally don't feel that continually accepting refugees is the answer. For me I don't see how that addresses and solves the root cause of why these people have to leave their homelands in the first place. Obviously in the short term accepting them provides them safety but what about those who don't have the capacity to leave? Do we just forget about them? Also what happens to their homelands as they leave? How is change achieved? Should we withdraw military action and simply allow groups like ISIS to grow bigger and hope they don't invade other neighboring countries? Or do we increase military intervention and risk even more resentment from the locals which gives groups like ISIS even more influence? People and the media then blame Islam for all of it which has the snowball effect of encouraging "homegrown" terrorists who feel an obligation to "defend" their religion. It's honestly a clusterfuck no matter how you look at it.