Britain votes in favor for Brexit

XXL

I understand those points, but that's a byproduct of wanting the benefits of a common currency and open borders without the fiscal accountability that comes with it. To me, the EU has always wanted to have its cake and eat it, in other words being an economic and political powerhouse as a whole while retaining national identity, culture, and the right to spend their money how they see fit even though the money is actually part of the entire EU pot. At some point it wasn't going to work.

could be.people around me that are not happy with europe is because of the euro making evefything more expensive,the foreigners living in spain with a lot of economic helps (??).these two ideas are all the time in the people minds, the people with less studies.the ones with more complain about the cutbacks and the non transparency

Guest Rachelle of London

Wasn't UK Going to go to the shitters when we didn't take the euro and enter the eurozone?

Thank God we kept the pound.

Andy Coulson (the man that went to jail instead of Piers Morgan) is on ITV visibly foaming at the mouth at discussion of Cameron having to resign.

Guest Rachelle of London

You can't go wrong asking: What would Joan Collins do? I'm with Joan!

She wanted to leave. She's one of their biggest campaigners. Britain did what Joan wanted.

What the fuck.

If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.

The world is collapsing into itself. Maybe Trump will be POTUS after all..

Wasn't UK Going to go to the shitters when we didn't take the euro and enter the eurozone?

Thank God we kept the pound.

It's not even in the same realm of comparison. The UK may have kept the pound, but what kept London as an economic center of Europe was its participation in the EU. UK vs a bunch of individual European countries is not at ALL the same thing as the UK vs. the rest of the EU.

You've just lost all of your economic and political power in the world as well as created a world of mess in international trade and financial markets regulations. Not to mention the brain drain that will occur as non-Brits will find it much more difficult to work in the UK.

Guest Rachelle of London

What a load of shit.

Scotland "leaving Britain" simple means the very few remaining economic and fiscal powers that are still at Westminster get transferred to Edinburgh. Scotland has it's own PARLIAMENT to which income tax, healthcare, education, social security are already devolved. It is in fact (after the panicked concessions made by the "stay" team just days before the vote) one of the most powerful devolved parliaments anywhere. The fact that you can't see the difference between that and LEAVING THE EUROPEAN UNION is baffling to me, as is the fact you can't see the seriousness of the economic ramifications of leaving. And it's got fuck all to do with "bail outs" or anything else. The oil (even at $50 a barrel) ain't running out anytime soon, nor are the agricultural, economic and educational systems that would place it in the top 15 richest countries in the world.

As far as a referendum goes, if there is a clear MANDATE for one. And the fact that the SNP (which is a nationalist INDEPENDENCE PARTY) holds the balance of power in both the Scottish and UK parliamentary elections in Scotland, and one of the main selling points for the STAY campaign back then was the threat of being forced to leave and reapply for EU membership, then yes, there is a very clear mandate. It's called democracy. And when the time is right (and no not every time scotland is annoyed about something whaaaa) then there will be another one in a few years. I've a feeling "project fear" wouldn't do quite so well again.

Quite honestly, your statements in this thread from the start make me wonder why on EARTH you would even vote to stay IN.

I voted to stay in because I like the IDEA of the EU. However I've always stated in this thread and many others that the EU is a shambles. Just because I've said that no way makes me xenophobic or racist towards European people. I've only ever pointed out that the remain campaign are no better than the leave campaign. But of course you have to get personal. EYE ROLL!

Poor Scotland. Free NHS, free prescriptions. Free university tuition fees. You really have it hard north of Carlisle don't you. :lmao:

Let Scotland have ANOTHER vote. No one cares anymore.

:rotfl: Why people think this is doomsday I don't know. The UK isn't just going to kick everybody out and build a wall. You're confusing Britain with Trump. 🤗

She wanted to leave. She's one of their biggest campaigners. Britain did what Joan wanted.

thank god we have common people to reminds us what should be done.I love joan, I want to fuck becham,but...their opinion is not important in this particular case.

and joan is quite a right winged woman now, right?

Guest Mauro

:rotfl: Why people think this is doomsday I don't know. The UK isn't just going to kick everybody out and build a wall. You're confusing Britain with Trump.

You haven't been following, dear. Do try to keep up.

Guest Rachelle of London

:rotfl: Why people think this is doomsday I don't know. The UK isn't just going to kick everybody out and build a wall. You're confusing Britain with Trump. 🤗

Think about Scotland and the poor Scottish people. I. JUST. CANT.

I voted to stay in because I like the IDEA of the EU. However I've always stated in this thread and many others that the EU is a shambles. Just because I've said that no way makes me xenophobic or racist towards European people. I've only ever pointed out that the remain campaign are no better than the leave campaign. But of course you have to get personal. EYE ROLL!

Poor Scotland. Free NHS, free prescriptions. Free university tuition fees. You really have it hard north of Carlisle don't you. :lmao:

Kim will be okay. He just needs to stockpile his lederhosen, castanets and bolognaise from Amazon. Don't worry about it. 😘

:rotfl: Why people think this is doomsday I don't know. The UK isn't just going to kick everybody out and build a wall. You're confusing Britain with Trump.

It's not exactly fabulous for your economy. That's not likely to parse itself out very gracefully. And the same movement that has produced Trump has a lot of overtones with Brexit. So.... yeah. May not be doomsday but it's certainly not awesome. And could very well wind up as temporary doomsday.

It's not the UK kicking everybody out, it's the fact that they've lost their world standing as an economic and political powerhouse and you can be sure that the rest of the EU is going to kick THEM out of the financial markets and international trade, etc. in repercussion.

It's the EU kicking the expatriate Brits out of the rest of the EU if reciprocity is no longer in place.

Guest Mauro

thank god we have common people to reminds us what should be done.I love joan, I want to fuck becham,but...their opinion is not important in this particular case.

and joan is quite a right winged woman now, right?

I thought that said wigged. You'd be right about that also.

It's not the UK kicking everybody out, it's the fact that they've lost their world standing as an economic and political powerhouse and you can be sure that the rest of the EU is going to kick THEM out of the financial markets and international trade, etc. in repercussion.

It's the EU kicking the expatriate Brits out of the rest of the EU if reciprocity is no longer in place.

Yup.

So, economic catastrophe.. Here we go..

Guest Rachelle of London

The EU (apart from Germany) isn't really an economic powerhouse any way. What would be different?

You haven't been following, dear. Do try to keep up.

Honey I'm beyond up to date. I just love this instant negative forecasting. There will be a week of drama and then we will be back to normal.

What does it mean when they say dollar to the pound? Please someone explain.

It's not exactly fabulous for your economy. That's not likely to parse itself out very gracefully. And the same movement that has produced Trump has a lot of overtones with Brexit. So.... yeah. May not be doomsday but it's certainly not awesome. And could very well wind up as temporary doomsday.

Just on the news here it said the anti establishment mindset has crossed the Atlantic.

Kim you better stockpile on your Amazon purchases. :rotfl:

Well I'll still have a while yet, it's amazing the amount of people who don't realize the years of red tape they've just wrapped the country in. I wonder how long before those London monuments get cleared of all the immigrants?

Clearly you do care as it's the very first post you made this morning. One would have thought you'd have bigger things on your mind.

Yeah I'm thankful to have a left of centre government that provides those things for its people. You missed out free personal care for the elderly and free childcare. How's the Tories working out for ya?

Guest Mauro

Honey I'm beyond up to date. I just love this instant negative forecasting. There will be a week of drama and then we will be back to normal.

You REALLY don't get.

All of us UK people better make ebay accounts and etsy accounts, paypal too so we can get some money back into our country. We will be the most powerful empire on earth eventually. Just give us a few days :lol: Peggy Mitchell ain't even been buried yet.