Britain votes in favor for Brexit

XXL

Sad but I agree. Wonder what will happen to all the qualified EU formed personnel giving a massive contribution to the NHS. Among other things. Of course they won't get "kicked out" tomorrow or at all, but I think that's quite telling and ironic about the state of naivety of half the British public, well slightly over half considering these results.

Also in some posts I keep reading the UK vs Europe. wth? Do people realise/know the UK is geographically, historically, culturally a country which is very much part of the European continent? Unless they think it belongs with Antartica

This!

This can be for the best. Once those who really want to stay work together it's better. These past 10 years UK has only been a bore in the EU.

Or this can be the beginning of the end too

I don't care what people say about 'jokes'. To me the biggest jokers are the ones telling me the world will explode because of this legal, democratic and fair voting result.

I could insult the awful handle many EU countries have on their economy but rather than stoop I'll let this play out and then I'll judge the result. No use crying before you're hurt.

Also in some posts I keep reading the UK vs Europe. wth? Do people realise/know the UK is geographically, historically, culturally a country which is very much part of the European continent? Unless they think it belongs with Antartica

The UK has never been part of the European continent. That's why they're the British ISLES and then there's continental Europe.

Regardless, this is about the EU entity and the fact that the UK will now be facing the rest of the EU as a whole instead of facing individual European countries. That makes a massive difference in the shift in political and economic power that the UK will suffer. And you can bet the EU will make an example out of the UK as to what NOT to do if they hope to salvage the rest of the EU at all.

Guest Mauro

:clap: Left wingers will call this a travesty while fighting for democracy. Oh the irony. I didn't vote because I didn't feel I had enough information to push me either way. I'm not easily scared or baited.

Why are you debating this when you obviously don't understand the issue then? Oh, that's right, to troll.

But this highlights how it's often the areas that are the hardest hit by political, economic and social policies have stood up and used their vote again.

Once again, the left-leaning media including social media are sneering at the people who are often the ones that bare the brunt of radical changes - mainly the working class of the north.

It's not acceptable just to dismiss the Leave campaign voters as just thick, xenophobic old fucks. It's that elitist attitude that led to the Tories getting in again and now this. The average person was ignored and the average person has used their democratic right and voted.

I don't fully buy that argument. The central belt of Scotland is mostly working class, old industrial powerhouses ....HUGE STAY vote.

What about the average people of Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Liverpool, London etc?

Those people you speak of have funneled their disenfranchisement down the WRONG avenue. "Up the establishment" Except not really. Nothing's gonna change for those people and they've been sold a lie. And it's exactly them that the LEAVE campaign targeted with their immigration lies and scaremongering, which is what this whole vote came down to in essence.

The UK has never been part of the European continent. That's why they're the British ISLES and then there's continental Europe.

Regardless, this is about the EU entity and the fact that the UK will now be facing the rest of the EU as a whole instead of facing individual European countries. That makes a massive difference in the shift in political and economic power that the UK will suffer. And you can bet the EU will make an example out of the UK as to what NOT to do if they hope to salvage the rest of the EU at all.

EU pushing against the UK will do them NO favours...I would hope that they would formulate a more intelligent response.

London, Scotland and N Ireland all sent a CLEAR STAY signal. The rest should hang their dumb xenophobic heads in shame .

Dark days ahead and such a bad decision. Just woke up to this sad news.

Saddest day in the history of Great Britain. People will have to face the consequences of their own actions and yes most people who voted out are truly part of that "hate" mentality. People will say what they want but deep down everybody knows what's going on here... Once again, ignorance and hate win. Shame!

I don't fully buy that argument. The central belt of Scotland is mostly working class, old industrial powerhouses ....HUGE STAY vote.

What about the average people of Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Liverpool, London etc?

Those people you speak of have funneled their disenfranchisement down the WRONG avenue. "Up the establishment" Except not really. Nothing's gonna change for those people and they've been sold a lie. And it's exactly them that the LEAVE campaign targeted with their immigration lies and scaremongering, which is what this whole vote came down to in essence.

We are seeing the same thing in America right now.

This 100%.

Exactly. The same thing is happening in the US.

I hate to tell you but the euro is a dump hole. Monopoly momey is worth more.

The pound and the dollar will be beyond fabulous once again.

Based on what Pud? :lol:

This! This! This!

Why are you debating this when you obviously don't understand the issue then? Oh, that's right, to troll.

I'm not trolling. Just because I wasn't swayed one way OVERALL doesn't mean I don't have opinions on the finer issues. Just like many yanks are disenfranchised by the Hillary v Donald battle. Have I made any troll like statements? No. My hope is that both the EU and the UK will flourish in ways that suit them. I'm not a troll or an extremist but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed an opinion thank you very much.

EU pushing against the UK will do them NO favours...I would hope that they would formulate a more intelligent response.

Keep dreaming. The UK has NO power now in negotiations with the EU, and it's the UK who needed the EU (at least Germany) more than the EU needs the UK. What the UK did is kiss all the international business and investment goodbye as those will easily be transferred to France and Germany. The bigger political power is the more stable place to do business.

Regardless, there's no scenario where the UK would negotiate better trade, financial regulation, and immigration deals with the EU than what it currently enjoys as part of the EU. That is just a fact.

I'm not trolling. Just because I wasn't swayed one way OVERALL doesn't mean I don't have opinions on the finer issues. Just like many yanks are disenfranchised by the Hillary v Donald battle. Have I made any troll like statements? No. My hope is that both the EU and the UK will flourish in ways that suit them. I'm not a troll or an extremist but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed an opinion thank you very much.

You voted for Brexit no?

:clap: Left wingers will call this a travesty while fighting for democracy. Oh the irony. I didn't vote because I didn't feel I had enough information to push me either way. I'm not easily scared or baited.

Wait! Back up. You didn't even vote!?! Because you didn't feel you had enough information!!!!????

My head is boggled.

Saddest day in the history of Great Britain. People will have to face the consequences of their own actions and yes most people who voted out are truly part of that "hate" mentality.

1) Idiotic comment to make about a country that fought in two world wars.

2) Where did you receive this information on this hatred? Please present your sources.

Wait! Back up. You didn't even vote!?! Because you didn't feel you had enough information!!!!????

My head is boggled.

Hahaha

Meh people who don't vote is because they don't give a damn.