Britain votes in favor for Brexit

XXL

Guest Rachelle of London

Well, I don't know about the others but it's clear to me that Scotland overwhelming vote to stay in the EU and though at the time I was pleased to see that they voted to stay in the UK, I now completely understand their frustration. My guess is that the UK could dissolve into 4 separate nations. All I know is that it's going to be some VERY rough waters ahead for the entire Western world and this could have same very negative adverse effects on the US election if a global recession indeed arises out of this.

It won't dissolve into 4 separate nations. Scotland,s assembly only want to stay in the EU in case they go independent and they have the support of EU trade deals and EU bailout if they needed it. I don't understand how people can support Scotland to leave Britain but Britain should stay a part of the EU. Only one country should get their own way based on their minority. Like it or not the majority voted for BREXIT. The majority of Scotland votes to stay in Britain.

It won't dissolve into 4 separate nations. Scotland,s assembly only want to stay in the EU in case they go independent and they have the support of EU trade deals and EU bailout if they needed it. I don't understand how people can support Scotland to leave Britain but Britain should stay a part of the EU. Only one country should get their own way based on their minority. Like it or not the majority voted for BREXIT. The majority of Scotland votes to stay in Britain.

but they voted to stay in britain when they were going to be in euro.now...by the way,I thought about you!!!!I thought,what a day for chelle,this and rihanna!Im getting crazy, I know

But the vast majority of Scotland itself has voted to stay in the EU and at the time of the Scotland independence referendum, Britain's EU membership was the main draw for most voters who voted to keep Scotland in Britain. At this point, I would support Scotland's decision to leave Britain and join the EU independently. Britain's completely fucked them in every which way and they should be ashamed.

Guest Rachelle of London

Cameron got what he wanted. It wasn't too long ago HE wanted to leave the EU. Oh the short memories.

Will David Cameron resign?

Even I know his future is dim and I only have had a passing interest in what's happening over in the UK. He used this as a battering ram politically and look where it got him.

Fuck I really hope this doesn't lead to another recession. It's just bizarre, granted I know very little about politics over there but I really didn't think they had the same dark tensions we do over here in the USA. Genuinely believed they were far ahead of us in that regard.

Guest Rachelle of London

But the vast majority of Scotland itself has voted to stay in the EU and at the time of the Scotland independence referendum, Britain's EU membership was the main draw for most voters who voted to keep Scotland in Britain. At this point, I would support Scotland's decision to leave Britain and join the EU independently. Britain's completely fucked them in every which way and they should be ashamed.

Well I could say all the people that voted one party were promised this, and it never happened. It's politics. The EU referendum has been on the table since Tony Blair was in office. It hasn't just come up. Scotland failed to vote for independence when they had the chance. Every time the Scottish are upset at something should they get the chance to go independent? Come on. If that's the case there will be a Scottish referendum every month.

Guest Rachelle of London

All hope is not lost, this could see the E.U as a whole crumble, which some say isn't a bad thing. But I'm not a professional.

It's only people from outside of the EU that look at this archaic disgusting mess that it has become with rose tinted glasses. Forget UK look how EU has failed other nations especially those in the Med. look at that SHADY TTIP Merkel and her lot want to sign to sell public services. The EU needs to be fully uprooted and fixed.

Guest Rachelle of London

Just like Trump supporters, not all Brexiters are racist xenophobic fucks.

But just judging by the online reaction, anti-semites, racists, white supremacists LOVE BREXIT.

WE HAVE BEEN WARNED

As I've pointed before the Leave campaign were selling the fact that they'll remove 200,000 refugees from the country and Cameron wanted to remove child support from non British mothers. Which the EU supported him with last Thursday. The leave team are not more pro immigration than the leave.

The leave team no doubtedly played up to the racists, that was a given. But don't think that vote leave didn't too

It's only people from outside of the EU that look at this archaic disgusting mess that it has become with rose tinted glasses. Forget UK look how EU has failed other nations especially those in the Med. look at that SHADY TTIP Merkel and her lot want to sign to sell public services. The EU needs to be fully uprooted and fixed.

I don't think anyone looks at the EU with rose tinted glasses, but dissolving it will create infinitely more problems.

And the EU never had a chance anyway as long as each country values nationalism and national culture over the European identity.

Well I could say all the people that voted one party were promised this, and it never happened. It's politics. The EU referendum has been on the table since Tony Blair was in office. It hasn't just come up. Scotland failed to vote for independence when they had the chance. Every time the Scottish are upset at something should they get the chance to go independent? Come on. If that's the case there will be a Scottish referendum every month.

I don't know how this works,but apparently one of the reasons to stay in the uk was europe,right?

As I've pointed before the Leave campaign were selling the fact that they'll remove 200,000 refugees from the country and Cameron wanted to remove child support from non British mothers. Which the EU supported him with last Thursday. The leave team are not more pro immigration than the leave.

The leave team no doubtedly played up to the racists, that was a given. But don't think that vote leave didn't too

jesus christ

I don't think anyone looks at the EU with rose tinted glasses, but dissolving it will create infinitely more problems.

And the EU never had a chance anyway as long as each country values nationalism and national culture over the European identity.

I don't think is about the identity,but about the feeeling that in europe we can't decide the important things,that some people in brussels decides in a non very clear way the most important policies.

and of course,the fear of the foreigner.and some people saying all the time that all of our taxes go to help foreigner people that don't want tonwork (well,this is what happens in the basquecountry,I don't knkw about UK)

Guest Rachelle of London

Why is Farage on my TV? He's not even an MP! Stop Ramming this asshole down everyone's throats.

I don't understand the £ talk at all. :lol::(

I think some people think this is about Europe, as if we're blocking up the Eurostar tunnel and saying "FURK ORRF!" :lmao:.

It isn't fair that Brexit voters are seen as racist anti immigrant bigots, if that's the case that means the majority of the voting public are such things, as BREXIT won. It's not just the white british ignoramus who voted out in hopes of making Britain white again. People mustn't forget, that alot of asians and many others who aren't 'white british' have their own businesses here that might be losing out the way fishermen and farmers are. Birmingham voted out and they have a high asian/muslim population I believe.

This might be a rough start, Britain might feel scared, but you never know... this could be a risk that ends up being worth taking. You never know. I think Britain was tired of the same old shit. We are a strong nation I think... :queenbitch:

(Joan Collins wanted out :lmao:)

I don't think is about the identity,but about the feeeling that in europe we can decide the important things,that some people in brussels decides in a non very clear way the most important policies.

I understand those points, but that's a byproduct of wanting the benefits of a common currency and open borders without the fiscal accountability that comes with it. To me, the EU has always wanted to have its cake and eat it, in other words being an economic and political powerhouse as a whole while retaining national identity, culture, and the right to spend their money how they see fit even though the money is actually part of the entire EU pot. At some point it wasn't going to work.

THIs

What a load of shit.

Scotland "leaving Britain" simple means the very few remaining economic and fiscal powers that are still at Westminster get transferred to Edinburgh. Scotland has it's own PARLIAMENT to which income tax, healthcare, education, social security are already devolved. It is in fact (after the panicked concessions made by the "stay" team just days before the vote) one of the most powerful devolved parliaments anywhere. The fact that you can't see the difference between that and LEAVING THE EUROPEAN UNION is baffling to me, as is the fact you can't see the seriousness of the economic ramifications of leaving. And it's got fuck all to do with "bail outs" or anything else. The oil (even at $50 a barrel) ain't running out anytime soon, nor are the agricultural, economic and educational systems that would place it in the top 15 richest countries in the world.

As far as a referendum goes, if there is a clear MANDATE for one. And the fact that the SNP (which is a nationalist INDEPENDENCE PARTY) holds the balance of power in both the Scottish and UK parliamentary elections in Scotland, and one of the main selling points for the STAY campaign back then was the threat of being forced to leave and reapply for EU membership, then yes, there is a very clear mandate. It's called democracy. And when the time is right (and no not every time scotland is annoyed about something whaaaa) then there will be another one in a few years. I've a feeling "project fear" wouldn't do quite so well again.

Quite honestly, your statements in this thread from the start make me wonder why on EARTH you would even vote to stay IN.