Britain votes in favor for Brexit

XXL

Wow for once i'm actually shocked! The worldwide media tried to make us believe that the 'remain' option would surely win anyway! It never occured to me that the 'leave' option really had a very real chance! It put things in perspective how the media can manipulate everything!

There should never have been a referendum. Cameron was simply pandering to a small section of his own party by putting it into his manifesto years ago, thinking that it was inconceivable that it would ever come to a leave vote.

I could even see it in this forum the last while; people confusing the personalities and the public faces of the campaign with the actual REAL THREAT in front of them.

The immigration pull won out over the economic one among the plebs. Every major city had a STAY majority, the whole of Scotland had a STAY majority. It's the idiots who tried to make a political point about their own xenophobia and disenfranchisement that's won out. They know not what they've done.

What a terrible, terrible day.

I really hope the U.S. isn't as stupid and Trump doesn't happen as well.

There are a lot of STUPID people in Great Britain right now.

I predict a massive EU crisis and possibly a reborn hostility between Germany and the UK. I hope the backlash against the brits won't be so hard though.

Scotland want another referendum again :rotfl:

As they should. England's an embarrassment for voting so strongly to leave. Scotland should get out of dodge as quickly as possible and rejoin the EU. England's future is completely and utterly fucked. From the world's greatest superpower to a world' greatest pile of shit. How terribly sad.

Guest Rachelle of London

So Scotland and Ireland are looking for the off ramp then? Wow

Ireland isn't in Britain

This could be lead to a breakup of the UK and a forever diminished global role for Britain. And the rise of other referendums in netherlands and who knows elae

Who knows, maybe Catalonia/Scotland and other disgruntled areas of Europe follow suit and declare separation. Goodbye to Europe as we know it :/

Guest Rachelle of London

As they should. England's an embarrassment for voting so strongly to leave. Scotland should get out of dodge as quickly as possible and rejoin the EU. England's future is completely and utterly fucked. From the world's greatest superpower to a world' greatest pile of shit. How terribly sad.

So Scotland should have independence, no one else? You are away 4 nations make up the UK, not just one.

Very curious which road Scotland takes now.

Well the whole bullshit argument about Scotland being forced out of the EU if we left the UK and having to reapply for membership etc now becomes a completely moot point as we get dragged out against our will anyway. The political disconnect between us is becoming too wide now. While we become more and more left-of-centre and progressive, this foul, conservative and right wing cloud hangs over the rest of the UK (parts of London excepted) Nicola will have a plan up her sleeve.

Scotland want another referendum again :rotfl:

What a strange first statement to make. Happy about the result?

And yeah, too right. Who wants to be shackled to a xenophobic backwards backwater like little england.

Northern Ireland has no mandate for independence, and I doubt this will change that. The Scottish parliament is governed by the nationalist party (with a huge majority) and their aim is for independence. Give it five years or so.

Guest Rachelle of London

Kim how the HELL am I happy with the result if I voted to stay in the EU?

I was laughing at Scotland wanting ANOTHER referendum when they FAILED To vote for independence the last time.

So Scotland should have independence, no one else? You are away 4 nations make up the UK, not just one.

Well, I don't know about the others but it's clear to me that Scotland overwhelming vote to stay in the EU and though at the time I was pleased to see that they voted to stay in the UK, I now completely understand their frustration. My guess is that the UK could dissolve into 4 separate nations. All I know is that it's going to be some VERY rough waters ahead for the entire Western world and this could have same very negative adverse effects on the US election if a global recession indeed arises out of this.

I don't agree with the E.U. they are undemocratic, we have no say in what they do, or who they are, that is frightening.

I don't know what's going to come from this. The E.U might try and make us stay with deals or whatever. This might cause other countries to want out too.

It is pretty cool that the UK decided to go against their governing body though. People power! lol