Britain votes in favor for Brexit

XXL

Guest Rachelle of London

Britain isn't the only country painted as "evil" for not taking in refugees. It's a massive issue in Australia and in many other "western" countries too.

While I recognize that "rich" countries should be taking on the burden of these people (especially considering it's in large part due to their actions that this problem exists in the first place) I personally don't feel that continually accepting refugees is the answer. For me I don't see how that addresses and solves the root cause of why these people have to leave their homelands in the first place. Obviously in the short term accepting them provides them safety but what about those who don't have the capacity to leave? Do we just forget about them? Also what happens to their homelands as they leave? How is change achieved? Should we withdraw military action and simply allow groups like ISIS to grow bigger and hope they don't invade other neighboring countries? Or do we increase military intervention and risk even more resentment from the locals which gives groups like ISIS even more influence? People and the media then blame Islam for all of it which has the snowball effect of encouraging "homegrown" terrorists who feel an obligation to "defend" their religion. It's honestly a clusterfuck no matter how you look at it.

:clap:

I personally don't feel that continually accepting refugees is the answer. For me I don't see how that addresses and solves the root cause of why these people have to leave their homelands in the first place. Obviously in the short term accepting them provides them safety but what about those who don't have the capacity to leave? Do we just forget about them? Also what happens to their homelands as they leave? How is change achieved?

You sir are dead on!

There is an incredible theory (loophole*) that a Brexit won't actually happen even if the public votes for it.

A really crucial detail about the upcoming EU referendum has gone virtually unmentioned and it is probably the most crucial detail: Parliament doesn't actually have to bring Britain out of the EU if the public votes for it.

That is because the result of June 23 referendum on Britain's EU membership is not legally binding. Instead, it is merely advisory, and, in theory, could be totally ignored by UK government.

This incredible detail is explained in a new blog post by Financial Times columnist and legal expert David Allen Green.

Green says that no legal provision was included in the EU referendum legislation that requires UK Parliament to act in accordance with the outcome of the referendum.

This is unlike the last referendum held across Britain, the Alternative Vote referendum held in 2011, where the outcome had a legal trigger and had to be acted on by the government of the time.

Instead, what will happen next if the public votes for a Brexit will be purely a matter of parliamentary politics.

http://blogs.ft.com/david-allen-green/2016/06/14/can-the-united-kingdom-government-legally-disregard-a-vote-for-brexit/

http://www.businessinsider.de/green-eu-referendum-not-legally-binding-brexit-2016-6?r=UK&IR=T

http://europe.newsweek.com/brexit-bilderberg-group-philip-hollobone-barack-obama-eu-436623?rm=eu

Guest Rachelle of London

The sooner this nonsense is over with the better,

It's true. The news is insufferable

The sooner this nonsense is over with the better,

Yes! It's really hurting business. Where I work has really been affected badly as there is so much uncertainty.

Guest Rachelle of London

I haven't heard that. God I hope they don't postpone it. Just get over and done with

Yes! It's really hurting business. Where I work has really been affected badly as there is so much uncertainty.

Well, you can look forward to a whole lot more certainty if we leave the EU. Many years of it, in fact.

Guest Rachelle of London

The pounds grown even with the uncertainty this week. I predict a drop tomorrow night

Who the hell wants 2 stay in this EU anyway.

We need a major overhaul in order 2 b able 2 tackle

global issues with proper global politics.

People need the stop living in the past. The financial

& economical crises with the bail outs, the refugee crisis

& Russian geopolitics anno 2016...we're not in Kansas anymore

These issues r not containable in ur own fucking backyard.

We need a European army, eurobonds, get rid of this

system of a European commission and install a proper

European government with a real federal structure.

Britain leaving could b a good thing if it would b

a trigger of sorts.

The current politcal class (all over Europe) r a bunch of populist

infected cunts. Gone r the visionaries...the world has become

sucha sad place once again....

Guest Rachelle of London

a trigger of sorts.

:clap:

Even though I want to stay I agree 100%. The whole system needs an overhaul. It's archaic and outdated

I don't know what to think anymore. No matter what we do, we have to be allined to USA or to Russia. There's no place in between, unless you are a fiscal paradise.

So what's the point of leaving or remaining or whatever if they can make a big crisis (like Russian, they were good until they dared to block USA intentions in Syria to take all gas from Qatar, and suddenly happened the whole Crimea mess and they stopped growing because oil prices dropped artificially), or they can make a big bankrupt (look at Venezuela) or put the country on war (arab countries).

I think that nowadays it's better to be part of something big. UK wil be great no matter what, because it can be like the state 51 in USA, or remain in the EU, or become a money laundry (London already is).

a trigger of sorts.

I love the way you write in this poetry like format. :inlove:

So what's the point of leaving or remaining or whatever if they can make a big crisis (like Russian, they were good until they dared to block USA intentions in Syria to take all gas from Qatar, and suddenly happened the whole Crimea mess and they stopped growing because oil prices dropped artificially), or they can make a big bankrupt (look at Venezuela) or put the country on war (arab countries).

I got fatigue reading that sentence.

This idea is what's being used to strike fear into the hearts of many. A United States of Europe. Most countries are still too insular too even consider it, Britain most of all.

a trigger of sorts.

I agree. European Union is all about burocracy and economy these days and lost its ideals, values and political horizons and ambitions long ago. Plus Germany basically rules it almost alone (I know that their economy is super powerful and in good shape, but still. .) and decides for the rest.... EU is not in touch with the real needs of European citizens anymore, even though there are still great advantages when you can use the same coin (but that's not the case of UK of course ) or move, study and work in many different european countries effortlessly.

This idea is what's being used to strike fear into the hearts of many. A United States of Europe. Most countries are still too insular too even consider it, Britain most of all.

The UK will never be part of the United States of Europe! Nor will Scandinavia and i doubt the Netherlands will want that either. I could see it happening with France, Spain, Germany, Belgium and Italy; maybe. However, Eurosceptism is growing a lot in France as well.

Guest Rachelle of London

Euroscepticism is growing throughout the whole continent. Especially when TTIP comes and wipes all small businesses and public services out its gonna be mayhem.

The UE has done things so BAD these past 6 years that we don't trust it. Their economic politics are a dissaster and non of them are doing anything to solve it. The fact that IMF is backing this dissaster is a proof, as Chelle says, that TTIP is behind all this

We will be soon like Madonna in Ghosttown, hahahaha

The EU referendum took centre stage at Wembley Arena as the two sides traded blows before an audience of 6,000 people for the BBC's Grand Debate. Both campaigns had three representatives each on their respective panels, including Scottish Conservative leader Ruth Davidson for Remain and former Tory London Mayor Boris Johnson for Leave.

Guest Rachelle of London

The leave campaign have brought in David Beckham to

Persuade voters. :lmao:

Does Beckham even know what the EU is?

Guest Pud Whacker

Sensible-shoe-wearing Ruth may be a vile Tory but she ruled that debate :scotland:

Kim drop the trousers, bend over and spread.