Teenagers rape disabled classmate with a coat hanger in vile racist attack

Guest Rachelle of London

Guest Rachelle of London

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/high-school-american-football-players-raped-disabled-black-teammate-with-coat-hanger-idaho-john-a7049566.html

Three teenage American football players have been charged for violently raping their teammate with a coat hanger.

The trio, who are all white, allegedly sexually assaulted the 18-year-old, who is African American and has learning difficulties, in a school changing room.A lawsuit filed by the victim’s family, seen by The Independent, states one of the attackers held out his arms to the victim and pretended to hug him.

But instead he was forcibly held as 17-year-old Tanner Ward “physically forced a coat hanger into [his rectum]”.

John Howard, 18, then "kicked the hanger several times," causing injuries requiring hospital treatment.

The assault is said to have taken place in October 2015 in the changing rooms of a high school in Dietrich, a small town in the western US state of Idaho.

According to the lawsuit, the brutal attack was the culmination of months of racist abuse.

It says the victim, whose name has not been made public, was regularly “taunted and called racist names by other members of the team, which names included ‘Kool-Aid’, ‘chicken eater’ ‘watermelon’ and [the N-word].”

The vicious bullying is said to have included “aggressive ‘humping’, jumping on him from the back and simulating anal sex.”

The football players are also said to have given the victim painful wedgies and stripped him naked on a school bus while returning from a football game.

Other incidents of abuse listed in the document include the victim being forced to wear boxing gloves to fight Mr Howard while surrounded by peers and staff on a residential football camp, and being made to learn and recite a racist song known as “Notorious KKK”.

Mr Howard and Mr Ward could face life in prison, while the 16-year-old has been charged as a juvenile and his name has not been released.

Dietrich High School itself and 11 staff and coaches are accused of allowing the abuse to take place towards the victim, who is said to have “mental disorders including learning disabilities”.

Mr Howard is described as a “large and aggressive male who had been sent to live with his relatives in Idaho due to his inability to keep out of trouble in Texas”.

The school is accused of “deliberate indifference” towards the case. The lawsuit partly attributes this to Mr Howard’s “athletic ability and community connections”.

It states: "The defendants did nothing to curb the vicious acts of Mr Howard who brought with him from Texas a culture of racial hatred."

Mr Howard is currently completing high school education in Texas, according to the Washinton Post, and will appear in court on 10 June.

Dietrich has a predominately white population of 335, with more than a quarter of residents living below the poverty level, according to government statistics.

After Mr Howard's arrest in March, school Superintendent Ben Hardcastle told local newspaper Magic Valley the school would not comment on the case, but that it has given “full support to the investigation”.

The Independent has contacted Dietrich High School for comment.

Guest Rachelle of London

There are pictures of the victim floating about on social media, you can tell by looking at him that he has severe learning difficulties. So sad that he was put in this situation in the first place. This world sickens me at times.

There are pictures of the victim floating about on social media, you can tell by looking at him that he has severe learning difficulties. So sad that he was put in this situation in the first place. This world sickens me at times.

!

Guest Rachelle of London

but that's horrible!

And how could they do all that for a long time without the school noticing? Adults have to be in this too!

Sometimes the teachers are bigger bullies than the kids. The main guy was expelled from 2 other schools so he has a history of bullying.

I hope they fucking DIE!

They shouldn't die, they should SUFFER!!! Hope prison gives them HELL for LIFE!! Being dead is a quick way out for shitbags like them.

I have a hard time believing people who do such things to others can be changed. Just lock them in jail and throw away the key.

Maybe when you're 12-13yo but not when you're 18, I agree.

Sickening, poor kid

Where are the parents in this world?

Clearly absent or doing their job painfully poorly

It's an educational issue, everything always starts at home

They shouldn't die, they should SUFFER!!! Hope prison gives them HELL for LIFE!! Being dead is a quick way out for shitbags like them.

You're absolutely right. this story really pisses me off.

This is disgusting. A lot of schools in North America turn a blind eye to their student athletes cuz they bring in funding for the school. These kids need to be named and shamed for the rest of their lives

I have no words. This is disgusting. Who could do this to another human being. These people are psychopaths...sometimes i feel like the world is going backwards and not progressing forwards.....

That is revolting. I can't believe people would do that to someone with severe learning difficulties any another living thing. Just awful.

When I hear about things like this I'm disgusted. Not only at the perpetrators but also at the people who watched it happen time and time again. Not to mention the people who most likely abused the perpetrators. Obviously I don't know anything about these people but it's a very rare thing for a living creature to be 'born evil'. The whole world needs to change so dramatically in order to start living right. It's terrible that a place so beautiful is constantly being marred by things like this.