MadonnaNation.com Forums
elijah

Could she will she and how could she have another career defining album like ROL?

Could she?

I still think she has it in her

Will she?

It will depend on her will to invest into the music (RH was a great indicator that she is capable).

How could she?

Feel inspired

Have a lot to take off your chest

Write with Pat Leonard (some would slam me for this)

Find a new producer that does some new and amazing sound

I think she will have more albums which will define another certain time. Me, not being such a fan of ROL, think that other albums like AL, Music or even Rebel Heart have defined even more her career.

Rebel Heart, being her most sincere and creative album EVER (imo) is the perfect definition of a new way to create: to write songs that move her, no matter if they don't suit each other, and release them with all her powerful love.

Inspiration and time

I only think this be possible after she can have a rest on the touring side

write songs with stromae

make a tears of a clown kinda album

following her heart,write great tunes

I think with her next album she should just go into it without even having the word "commercial" in mind.

Just do WHATEVER she wants since no matter who hot producer of the moment she works with radio isn't going to jump on board.

I would think in a way that would be kind of liberating for her. With her next record she should really go into it thinking there are NO rules. Just go for it and dive right in. If something seems too left field, just say fuck it and do it if that's what her gut is telling her to do.

Radio is a joke. Album sales are dead. Be free with it.

I have always thought that her album after her father´s dead would be really deep and dark...

I think with her next album she should just go into it without even having the word "commercial" in mind.

Just do WHATEVER she wants since no matter who hot producer of the moment she works with radio isn't going to jump on board.

I would think in a way that would be kind of liberating for her. With her next record she should really go into it thinking there are NO rules. Just go for it and dive right in. If something seems too left field, just say fuck it and do it if that's what her gut is telling her to do.

:clap::clap::clap:

Here's what I don't understand though. Why do some fans think she has this desire to do something very left field and avant garde but it's fear of not being successful commercially that's somehow stopping her from doing that?

Maybe she likes melodic pop leaning music, and doesn't want to do some weird offbeat kind of music.

Maybe she is doing exactly what she wants now! Maybe it's just that some fans don't like it!

It could be a perfect resurecction with Rebel Heart, if only there were no leaks and a proper radio promotion. She did enough TV performances but there was a lack of radio spins.

So maybe after the 360 deal she can do it again

yes it was called Rebel Heart.

yes it was called Rebel Heart.

BRAVO!!!!!!!

She can and she will! As long as she stops working with Demo

Here's what I don't understand though. Why do some fans think she has this desire to do something very left field and avant garde but it's fear of not being successful commercially that's somehow stopping her from doing that?

Maybe she likes melodic pop leaning music, and doesn't want to do some weird offbeat kind of music.

Maybe she is doing exactly what she wants now! Maybe it's just that some fans don't like it!

no I really think she wants to do it which we saw with AL and a lot of Music and some of Erotica.

M said "I was a buffoon till I had lola" (Im paraphrasing) and said that until confessions. I think she just got shocked by the reception of AL

listen to the rebel heart demos

listen to the hard candy demos

listen to the american life & music and confessions leaks

bitch im madonna? gimme all your luvin? some fans think so little of her

of course M likes to be playful but you think M is proud of some of those songs compared to her other work?

Guest bluejean

Totally. And Rebel Heart was full of personal lyrics. It was not an album of GGW's. The entire creative process involved putting the songwriting first, it was very apparent in the final product.

In saying that id love that back to basics Joe Henry produced album we always talk about. But I think the next album is not the right time for it. She has another tour to get through and she's going to want to do new songs that translate well into big scale performances.

Save the organic stripped back album for afterward when she's ready for a real intimate stripped back show a la Tears of a Clown.

Madonna's focus needs to move back to just the music and then it will happen.

Guest Mauro

Madonna is a sponge. Her music is a reflection of what's going on at that period of time in her life as well as what's going on in the industry. If there's an opening for a career defining album like ROL or LAP or whatever, she'll create one. RH is amazing. It's very now production wise. It also represents where she was and is at this point in her life. Everything has to be in alignment.

Madonna is a sponge. Her music is a reflection of what's going on at that period of time in her life as well as what's going on in the industry. If there's an opening for a career defining album like ROL or LAP or whatever, she'll create one. RH is amazing. It's very now production wise. It also represents where she was and is at this point in her life. Everything has to be in alignment.

I totally agree! So many great comments today. But yeah, she is a reflection of our society and her own life. This is exactly why her next album should be more content and inspirational. She is over with the breakups and the dramas. She's made peace with Rocco, found resolution with Guy, made peace with Lourdes living on her own. This is a new chapter for M, discovering herself, facing the future, staying positive. The world around us even though in chaos is starting to be more aware as well. People are beginning to open their minds, be more accepting, understanding. Even with all the darkness in the world there is a lot to celebrate! I'd love Madonna to do songs like Hold Tight and an album like Native by One Republic. It would be something totally new for her, upbeat, inspirational, ethereal music.

Totally. And Rebel Heart was full of personal lyrics. It was not an album of GGW's. The entire creative process involved putting the songwriting first, it was very apparent in the final product.

In saying that id love that back to basics Joe Henry produced album we always talk about. But I think the next album is not the right time for it. She has another tour to get through and she's going to want to do new songs that translate well into big scale performances.

Save the organic stripped back album for afterward when she's ready for a real intimate stripped back show a la Tears of a Clown.

It's funny because although I enjoy her intimate acoustic performances like on Tears of a Clown, I don't think I would want to listen to a whole album of just acoustic stripped back music. When other artists have done those, I generally find them boring. A few acoustic songs is fine, but a whole album is too much.

My favorite albums generally not just by Madonna have different tempos and sounds to them, not all acoustic and stripped back.

I think it would be interesting if she did an album that lyrically all had a theme or told a story in the lyrics, but have the music be in different genres and textures.

So I would like a concept album from a lyrical point of view, but not from a sonic point of view where the songs are too similiar in style.

of course she does

i still feel like Rebel Heart could have been it with proper promo and making use of the leaks

When people say career defining, do they mean very critically acclaimed like ROL? Because although ROL did well, it didn't sell nearly as many copies as her 80's albums. It really only had 2 hits Frozen and ROL. And at least in the US, ROL wasn't even played on the radio all that much.

One producer, 45minute track length, no featuring artists and yes don't even think about commercial success... That's the way I hope she goes.

I like Rebel Heart but it was too long and I didn't like the featuring artists, but I guess that is personal taste. Also feels slightly disjointed. I mean you go from HeartBreak City to Body Shop and then to Holy Water, I don't like the flow I guess.

She doesn't need to think about commercial success because people will go on the tour anyway, and the fans will buy the album.

When people say career defining, do they mean very critically acclaimed like ROL? Because although ROL did well, it didn't sell nearly as many copies as her 80's albums. It really only had 2 hits Frozen and ROL. And at least in the US, ROL wasn't even played on the radio all that much.

They played Power of Goodbye A LOT every day for months!

They played Power of Goodbye A LOT every day for months!

In the US or Europe? I don't remember hearing it on the radio all that much. I did see the video a few times on VH1.