MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LHakaLH

Question regarding Papa Don't Preach on ReInvention Tour

To me it looks like the verses are live and the pre chorus, chorus and bridge are lipped. There's too many flat notes for it to be completely mimed and you can hear the air from her lungs hitting the microphone. She could of pulled the whole thing off live if she'd not jumped around so much which was kind of pointless really.

7 hours ago, Rugbyguy said:

To me it looks like the verses are live and the pre chorus, chorus and bridge are lipped. There's too many flat notes for it to be completely mimed and you can hear the air from her lungs hitting the microphone. She could of pulled the whole thing off live if she'd not jumped around so much which was kind of pointless really.

I think that "live feeling" is audible because it's a vocal take from a rehearsal where she did the actual performance.

I wondered why this thread ballooned to 3 pages. 

People really think that she’s neglecting lyrics because she can’t relate to them anymore? Really? 

It’s a pop song. It’s not about whether or not she can relate to it, it’s about delivering a great performance of one of her biggest and most well known hits. 

She cut the lyrics to shorten the song. That’s it. 

On 31-5-2016 at 1:39 AM, mafalda said:

That's what I was talking about. I remember someone saying the pre-recorded thing was too obvious in Amsterdam.

She didnt perform in Amsterdam though

On 29-11-2017 at 2:05 AM, KalamazooJay said:

I wondered why this thread ballooned to 3 pages. 

People really think that she’s neglecting lyrics because she can’t relate to them anymore? Really? 

It’s a pop song. It’s not about whether or not she can relate to it, it’s about delivering a great performance of one of her biggest and most well known hits. 

She cut the lyrics to shorten the song. That’s it. 

She simply reinvented the song... that s what the tour was about!

On 4-7-2016 at 10:11 AM, Ivy said:

Does this mean Madonna is a virgin every time she sings like a virgin?

That song is not about sex, it s about survival. 

7 hours ago, rooch4u said:

She didnt perform in Amsterdam though

You're right. She visited Arnhem only. I heard what I wrote like 10 years ago anyway lol