MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LHakaLH

Question regarding Papa Don't Preach on ReInvention Tour

Has anyone noticed the second verse is incomplete? She goes straight from "will be alright, it's a sacrifice' to the chorus, not including the "but my friends keep telling me to give it up/say I'm too young/I oughta Live it up/What I need right now is some good advice/Please.." Why?

Maybe Kabala didn't allow her to sing the entire verse?

Probably because the lyrics don't fit her anymore? I never understood why people complained about her not singing "he says that he's gonna marry me/we can raise a lil family" on MDNA when it clearly didn't go with the narrative

I have a feeling she would feel like an idiot.

I think she doesn't sing a song unless it makes sense.

Papa Don't Preach is not something she would sing at every ages i guess. Unlike most hits that one is very specific...

That always bothered me.

Of course it would I love that bridge. It's like the highlight of the song.

Probably because the lyrics don't fit her anymore? I never understood why people complained about her not singing "he says that he's gonna marry me/we can raise a lil family" on MDNA when it clearly didn't go with the narrative

On what planet did That 00:45 of PDP fits ANY narrative?

Guest bluejean

Umm, the one where Madonna just BANG BANG shot her baby down and is confessing to her father?

She's been shortening her songs on tour since the virgin tour

The version at RIT was lipsynced right?

Of course it would I love that bridge. It's like the highlight of the song.

I know :(

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only songs lip-synced for the Re-Invention Tour were Vogue, Nobody Knows Me, and Die Another Day.

In love with this PDP version....

Love it too! And I always start belting "But my friends...." and then I miss this part so badly..

No.

It sounds completely live but at The same time not.... strange..

Anyway, I never really liked The performance. Horrible costume, weird choreo, no stage setting /back drop... just not my thing (The whole section actually, except The songs)

It struck me as not 'completely' live when I saw the show in Paris, as were parts of ITTG.

It's pre-recorded, but comes across as live because it's a really good vocal delivery.

The leaked Lisbon footage makes the miming pretty obvious.

It struck me as not 'completely' live when I saw the show in Paris, as were parts of ITTG.

That's what I was talking about. I remember someone saying the pre-recorded thing was too obvious in Amsterdam.

On what planet did That 00:45 of PDP fits ANY narrative?

She killed her bae (Gang Bang) then fears G-d's wrath (papa = G-d), then she's stuck in limbo between heaven and hell (walking a tightrope and being pulled back and forth), but ultimately she doesn't Give A

Maybe that particular part is out of her vocal range's comfort zone?

Her voice has lowered with age - which IMO is a good thing because her lower register is deep and rich.

Like, remember during the request section of S&S, a fan requested Open Your Heart, and her voice couldn't handle the higher notes? Well, next tour, she transposed the song a key and a half lower, making it comfortable for her to sing.

Almost all her classics from the 80's are transposed to lower keys to fit her present voice. It's very noticeable in the RHT with LAV, MG, D&D, and even BU and LDLHA

I wish there was a youtube version online with a very long outro and long speech. I loved that, made me cry at several shows...

Well, they're not age-appropriate, I guess

But my friends keep telling me to give it up
Saying I'm too young, I ought to live it up
As the rest of the song could sound like a woman seeking her father's advice, these lines are bit odd if sung by a 46 year old woman.

The line doesnt really fit on that moment of her life