2016 American Presidential Election

XXL

Hillary Clinton, like all participants in establishment politics, is a bureaucrat. However, she is a lesser menace than many of her counterparts, and as a woman, she has fought a much more admirable battle. That she claims to have evolved on matters such as gay rights has no importance. She has evolved whether you like her or not, and she was progressive as a senator and as secretary of state in the sense that she extended equal rights to her LGBT team members when the rest of the federal government did not. She has always been a fierce advocate for women's rights and, to quote her, therefore human rights. That the Clintons are accused of being anti-progressive and calculated in their approach to their political trajectory is a moot point. All politicians can be accused of the same, but in the Clintons' case in particular, this is decontextualized with foresight constantly. The politics of Don;t Ask, Don't Tell and DOMA were a compromise. It would have been MUCH worse without them. People need to do their homework.

This! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Guest Mauro
'The Blacklist': Here are the media outlets banned by Donald Trump

160614113925-trump-blacklists-media-780x

The Washington Post is not the first. Donald Trump has been denying press credentials to news outlets for nearly a year.

It's become known in media circles as "the blacklist" -- a running catalog of newsrooms deemed by Trump to be unfair and banned from his campaign events accordingly.

The list includes an assortment of digital outlets, the largest Spanish-language broadcaster in the country, a premiere local newspaper and -- now, with The Post -- one of the most prestigious news organizations in the world.

In some cases, reporters from the offending outlets can still attend Trump campaign rallies as members of the general public, but without the access and privileges that press credentials provide. In other situations, like press conferences, the reporters cannot attend at all.

Trump campaign spokeswoman Hope Hicks declined to comment for this story, but aides have previously said the practice of banning certain reporters is a logical response to what they consider to be unfair treatment. But a wide array of news media advocates have condemned the behavior and expressed concern that it could have a chilling effect on other outlets' coverage of Trump. The Clinton campaign does not have an equivalent pattern of revoking press credentials.

Here's a look at the news outlets Trump has blocked:

· Univision was first banned by Trump due to the candidate's litigation against the company last summer. His $500 million lawsuit was prompted by Univision's decision to cancel the broadcast of Trump's Miss USA pageant.

The two sides settled the lawsuit in February, but Univision's access has still been limited. A spokesman for the Spanish-language broadcaster said that reporters there have only been granted credentials twice.

Most of the time, Trump's aides ignore Univision's requests, and if the campaign does respond, it's typically to say that the request was too late, the network says.

· BuzzFeed was probably doomed before the campaign even started. In 2014, political reporter McKay Coppins penned a lengthy profile of Trump that infuriated the former reality TV star.

Now that he's followed through on his White House bid, Trump has gotten revenge on BuzzFeed with a steady denial of access. Editor-in-chief Ben Smith said the site's reporters have "never been credentialed," and have been routinely turned away from Trump events throughout the campaign.

"I think McKay's profile holds up extremely well, and I'm proud that we've chosen not to compromise our coverage in any way in exchange for access," Smith said.

· Politico found itself on the "blacklist" back in March when reporter Ben Schreckinger was denied entry to a Trump press conference in Florida. The campaign never provided an explanation, but Schreckinger was denied after writing a story about concerns surrounding the temperament of Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski.

Schreckinger had a similar run-in earlier this month when he was ejected from a Trump event in California by a campaign staffer and private security guard. The reporter attended the event with a general admission ticket because he had already been denied a press credential.

It apparently goes beyond Schreckinger. Politico editor Susan Glasser said that the site's journalists "have repeatedly been denied credentials by the Trump campaign."

"We now appear to be subject to a complete blacklist," Glasser said. "We believe this is nothing more and nothing less than an attempt to stop independent coverage of the campaign and steps on the basic rights of journalists to exercise their constitutionally protected role in our political system."

· The Daily Beast has been subject to what Noah Shachtman, the executive editor, calls a "slow rolling blacklist."

"We were never a Trump favorite, but things got very frosty after we published a story last year about allegations that Ivana Trump made and later walked back about Donald Trump," Shachtman said. Tim Mak, who wrote the story, "was the first of our reporters to be cut off," he said, and "by the time the New Hampshire primary rolled around, even our freelancers were getting cut off."

Like the other news outlets on this list, The Daily Beast continues to cover the Trump campaign without receiving press credentials for events.

· The Huffington Post has seen its reporters shunned by the Trump campaign from almost the beginning. The liberal-leaning news site infuriated Trump when it placed all coverage of his campaign in the entertainment section. Last July, Trump's campaign stop credentialing Scott Conroy, then HuffPost's senior political reporter. In September, a reporter covering the GOP primary for HuffPost was denied credentials at a Trump campaign event in Iowa.

HuffPost stopped covering Trump in the entertainment section in December, but the campaign's credential ban has persisted. It's safe to predict it will continue now that the site has hired Michelle Fields, who had Trump's campaign manager charged with battery, to cover the presumptive GOP nominee.

"None of us get credentialed," Grim said at the time of the hire last month. "I assume that'll be the case for her."

· The Des Moines Register traditionally plays an outsized role in presidential election coverage, given its status as the preeminent newspaper in the important state of Iowa. But with the 2016 campaign just getting warmed up last July, the paper was denied press credentials to a Trump event.

The Trump campaign didn't dance around the reason why. That same week, the Register had published an editorial calling on Trump to drop out of the race.

"We're not issuing credentials to anyone from The Des Moines Register based on the editorial that they wrote earlier in the week," Lewandowski said in a statement at the time.

Amalie Nash, executive editor and vice president for news and engagement at the paper, said Tuesday that the ban "continued throughout the duration of the caucus cycle. We were never granted credentials to another event after publishing this editorial last July."

Since Trump has not been back in Iowa, "we haven't had occasion to apply for credentials since the caucuses," Nash said.

CNNMoney (New York)

First published June 14, 2016: 12:52 PM ET

Guest Pud Whacker

Oh you stupid gays. Throw you a bone from a wretched cackling witch and you lap it up.

Repeat after me(dia):

IM WITH HER

IM WITH HER

IM WITH HER

Guest Mauro
Trump's Unfavorables Spike: 7 Of 10 Americans Now View Him Unfavorably

bfnlo3v1hjthhrpgoras.jpg

Seven of 10 Americans see Donald Trump unfavorably according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll out Wednesday, a ten-point jump since last month alone.

This new high of 70 percent is comparable to the 71 percent negative rating Trump had before launching his presidential campaign last summer. 56 percent of those surveyed said they feel “strongly” unfavorable towards him.

Hillary Clinton also faces her most unfavorable rating yet, with 43 percent reporting favorable impressions and 55 percent unfavorable. Though views towards the presumptive Democratic nominee haven’t changed markedly since last month, these negative ratings are the highest Clinton has received in any Post-ABC poll since 1992.

The survey was conducted Wednesday through Sunday among a random national sample of 1,000 adults, with most interviews conducted before the mass shooting in Orlando, Florida over the weekend.

Trump’s soaring unfavorables come after the real estate tycoon unleashed a fusillade of attacks against the “Mexican” heritage of an Indiana-born federal judge, prompting condemnation from both Republicans and Democrats. His negative rating among Hispanics reached 89 percent in the latest survey, the highest mark in Post-ABC polling yet in the 2016 race.

Yet Trump also lost favor among non-college educated and independent voters, demographics that would be key to his victory in November.

His negative rating among non-college graduates jumped from 55 to 68 percent over the past month, and from 57 to 68 percent among independents.

The poll was conducted on cell and landline phones from June 8-12. The margin of error is plus or minus 3.5 percentage points for overall results.

Oh you stupid gays. Throw you a bone from a wretched cackling witch and you lap it up.

Repeat after me(dia):

IM WITH HER

IM WITH HER

IM WITH HER

Yeah! Stupid gays, vote for Trump instead! That's not stupid at all!

giphy.gif

Repeat after me:

We'll build a wall!

We'll build a wall!

We'll build a wall!

:ohno:

Guest Pud Whacker

Yeah! Stupid gays, vote for Trump instead! That's not stupid at all!

giphy.gif

Repeat after me:

We'll build a wall!

We'll build a wall!

We'll build a wall!

:ohno:

not what im saying, at all.

youre from france, you have no say.

not what im saying, at all.

youre from france, you have no say.

Yes that's what you say. You keep insulting people who support Hillary and call them "sheep" and "stupid gays". This is an election between Hillary and Trump, and Hillary is clearly the best candidate. Stop with your childish insults.

And yes I have my say, haven't you heard about freedom of speech? :queenbitch:

I supported Sanders, sad he doesnt have any chance. Maybe he can become vice president.

Who did Trump choose ? Sarah Palin would match perfectly to him

Guest Pud Whacker

Yes that's what you say. You keep insulting people who support Hillary and call them "sheep" and "stupid gays". This is an election between Hillary and Trump, and Hillary is clearly the best candidate. Stop with your childish insults.

And yes I have my say, haven't you heard about freedom of speech? :queenbitch:

youre from france.

you dont live here, you dont have a bank account here, you dont have a drivers license here, you dont rent here, you dont own here, you dont go the doctor here. you dont know shit. shut up.

i dont tell you what to do in france.

Well, this is a thread about the Presidential Election. As I said before, it's not a discussion about "Is Hillary an angel?". Nobody said she's perfect, but people have to choose between candidates. You can't just say "Hillary is a liar" and bring nothing on the table to replace her. So what is the option if Hillary is a bad choice? Should people vote for Trump? Instead of Hillary who is criticized for supporting Saudi Arabia, people should vote for Trump who wants to give them nuclear weapon? Instead of Hillary who did some paid speeches to banks, people should vote for Trump who earned billions with bankruptcy and scams like his University?

And yes, this is really naive to blame on Hillary all the things that some people post in here. The articles about Syria, Saudi Arabia, ISIS, Egypt and stuff like that. "OMG she's evil, you blind sheep!". You are naive if you think that Obama or the CIA doesn't approve. You are naive if you think a majority of US politicians doesn't approve. You are naive if you think that replacing Hillary by someone else would change everything.

Now if you want to start a thread about US diplomacy and its consequences and how it should change, there's a lot to say, but this is a thread about Hillary VS Trump.

Where did Trump say he wants Saudi Arabia to have nukes?

youre from france.

you dont live here, you dont have a bank account here, you dont have a drivers license here, you dont rent here, you dont own here, you dont go the doctor here. you dont know shit. shut up.

Freedom of speech is not limited by country borders, you know... I'm sure a lot of americans in here talked about Marine Le Pen when Madonna made her statement, and that's about french elections. Plus, the election of the US president has an impact on people outside the USA too, for economic and military reasons... So yeah, I'm a little concerned by the idea of a racist lunatic like Trump being your next President.

I'm not gonna stop expressing myself because you don't like to be contradicted. There's an "ignore" button, use it :)

Where did Trump say he wants Saudi Arabia to have nukes?

"If Japan had that nuclear threat, I’m not sure that would be a bad thing for us. Nor would it be so bad, if South Korea and Saudi Arabia had nuclear weapons, too."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2016/04/06/should-more-countries-have-nuclear-weapons-donald-trump-thinks-so/

Guest Pud Whacker

Freedom of speech is not limited by country borders, you know... I'm sure a lot of americans in here talked about Marine Le Pen when Madonna made her statement, and that's about french elections. Plus, the election of the US president has an impact on people outside the USA too, for economic and military reasons... So yeah, I'm a little concerned by the idea of a racist lunatic like Trump being your next President.

I'm not gonna stop expressing myself because you don't like to be contradicted. There's an "ignore" button, use it :)

immediately. see you around fruit cake.

:lickdong:

Like I said...I think a few people with personal issues try to exorcise them in this thread. I don't get it. Americans should be fighting for a reform of America, not just its gun laws. Half the people in here seem hell bent on one upping each other. Why? Some even seem to be making political statements purely to appear subversive. How punk rock.