2016 American Presidential Election

XXL

Don't fucking question if I voted for Bernie Jaz.

After being away from this forum for awhile my own fucking sig was switched to a Bernie Sanders one before his campaign even fully took off. So please. Spare yourself because you are embarrassing yourself.

I am just able to think logically and am not blinded unlike these hardcore Bernie supporters that cant swallow the fact that Bernie lost. Fair and square.

I refuse to be a whiny bitch about it. There are bigger issues at stake.

Nightshade is 100% right. This election is all about the Supreme Court at this point.

You want to turn this country back a generation. By all means. Vote for Trump or waste a vote on someone that doesn't stand a chance.

If you want to make sure this country keeps moving forward, hop on the Hillary, Warren, Obama, Bernie train because it's filling up and ready to leave the station to splatter Trump.

Ok. I don't know why you are so angry. You seem a bit desperate. It does seem funny that you would vote for Bernie when you have been so mad that Bernie stayed in the race til the end (and he STILL IS IN THE RACE).

im starting to think madonna changed her mind and liked some of what bernie said, and therefore was quiet for most of their race (i know mercy had a hillary button on her shirt but that's 6 months ago) because she's a clinton supporter for many years and maybe started preferring bernie

Guest Mauro

Yeeeah, sure. :lol: She did exactly what she's done for the most part during presidential elections and just supports whomever the Democratic nominee for president is (except in the case of 2004 when she actually made an endorsement, and that person lost). She knows what party she's going to be voting for in the end, so what does it matter? It'll be interesting to see if she makes any sort of political statements this year now that she's not on tour and doesn't have any backdrops behind her to play with. :voodoo:

Ok. I don't know why you are so angry. You seem a bit desperate. It does seem funny that you would vote for Bernie when you have been so mad that Bernie stayed in the race til the end (and he STILL IS IN THE RACE).

Because I don't need someone I don't even know acting like they know me and acting like they know who I voted for. What reason do I have to lie about it? :lmao: How fucking stupid.

And I haven't been "mad" at Bernie. I am just able to see that its a losing battle. He failed to get the nomination, but he was able to push Hillary more to the left and I believe him running will have pushed the party in general more to the left, and the fact that he has a handful of seats at the convention where he will take part in forming the parties platform is a huge win.

I think Bernie supporters get a lot of things wrong. They believe that just because people are critical about the "revolutionary ideas" Bernie has, mostly free education, healtcare for everyone, (all things that are not revolutionary at all if you live in Europe) they oppose those ideas completely. This is wrong. So wrong. Most people, democrats, don't have an issue with those ideas. But if you are pragmatic, something poltics is always about, politics is the art of the possible, you know that those ideas are impossible to become a reality at this moment because any law that would ask for free education and single payer healthcare would never pass because of the Republican party. I'm missing this sense of reality in many discussions. In addition to that I can't hear the term "establishment" or "political elite" anymore. What does that even mean? Especially if most people who bring those terms up don't even know what certain politicians have done in the past. It's just brought up to discredit a person no matter what. Furthermore, I find the current situation of Sanders continuing kind of hypocritical. The only way he could win somehow would be to turn around all those superdelegates. People that were ridiculed and shamed by Bernie followers, they were called part of an undemocratic system. But now that those votes are needed he is fine with it? And wouldn't that be an undemocratic act by himself considering HRC has many million more votes than he has? From my perspective that reeks from opportunism and is the complete opposite of the way he wants to portray himself. I really do think that much of his ideas should be part of a programme by the Democrats, something they should aspire to. That alone is a huge victory for Bernie Sanders and his followers. But at the same time I wish they would come off their high horse eventually and face the real threat a Trump presidency could be. Others named it, the Surpreme Court. #BernieorBust? Think twice! Bust may not be a nice thing after all.

Guest Pud Whacker

Because I don't need someone I don't even know acting like they know me and acting like they know who I voted for. What reason do I have to lie about it? :lmao: How fucking stupid.

And I haven't been "mad" at Bernie. I am just able to see that its a losing battle. He failed to get the nomination, but he was able to push Hillary more to the left and I believe him running will have pushed the party in general more to the left, and the fact that he has a handful of seats at the convention where he will take part in forming the parties platform is a huge win.

you werent able to SEE THE LOSING BATTLE OF LADY UGLY UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE AND YOU CAME CRAWLING BACK TO MADONNA.

QUIET ON THE SET!!!!

you werent able to SEE THE LOSING BATTLE OF LADY UGLY UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE AND YOU CAME CRAWLING BACK TO MADONNA.

QUIET ON THE SET!!!!

:dead:

His opinion is automatically void

I never said anything about Hillary's campaign being noble and you can trash her all you want, but Sanders himself said at the beginning he was going to run a "positive, issues-focused campaign." And now it's just become a pissy old man and his sore loser followers. My point in posting the article is to show that he's really just another politician with better rhetoric and a fan base that is becoming fanatical.

Hillary's a sneaky bitch, we know that. I am not even sure she cares that people think that about her. Bernie on the other hand was supposed to be this "above the fray" candidate. Now his campaign is proving he's not.

I have no illusions about Hillary and I have said that many times in here before. I don't believe her to be a perfect candidate. I am well aware she is more hawkish than Obama even (although he's no peace dove either), and I already know her Presidency will be scandal-plagued and her chance of being a 1-termer are probably greater than 50%. Why support her? Several reasons:

1. She's helping Democrats down ballot which means the Senate will have a better chance of being majority Democrat after the election and that means at least 2 Supreme Court justices will be appointed. Bernie isn't helping anyone's campaign but his own.

2. She supports enhancing or improving the Affordable Care Act (not repealing it).

3. She supports raising taxes on people who earn over $5 million and raising capital gains taxes.

4. She supports raising the estate tax.

5. She is not likely to propose cuts to Medicare or Social Security, and she is advocating allowing Americans 55 and up to join Medicare early.

I certainly wish she was more left on Climate Change and U.S. military intervention. However, while I think she will be more interventionist than Obama (in a military sense), her foreign policy is not that different than her husband's in the 90's and he advocated focused military strikes over mass land invasions, so the likelihood of another Iraq War seems unlikely, especially when she knows the liberal base is already wary of her.

Well I really hope you are right with those expectations but something tells me that there's something deeply off with her and that somehow she has something else on her mind rather than making lives easier for the middle and working classes of America. What scares me the most is her foreign policy handlings. As much as I dislike Trump I don't think Hillary would be capable of any less violent and irresponsible acts on the global scene. She's just a better orator. This shouldn't be about the first woman to become President (she's revelled in that possibility for years and years, almost to the point of diminishing the significance of that scenario) it should be about who has got the best ideas and approach for the US, a long term vision rather than the customary imperialistic bs approach.

I have to say the fact that Obama is endorsing her is totally unsurprising, he's been laying the groundwork for her presidency all along, I still don't understand how he could have been made the recipient of a Nobel Peace Prize 6 months into his first term and in the following 7 years he went on to committ more taxpayers dollar on military budget than it had been during the previous Bush administration. The way the situation in Syria has been allowed to drag on for 5 years (mean time they went to Lybia with another illegal war much like it had been the case with Iraq 8 years before) so that it would purposefully reach the current point of critical mass is simply deplorable, they are using the Middle East to deliberately provoke Russia and China into a conflict, and anybody who thinks it's about terrorism and not about global financial/ geopolitical issues is seriously deluded and misinformed

In that respect Hillary is a lying puppet as much as Tony Blair or Bush were and I really don't think that's to be downplayed at all.

Thanks for playin', Colonel Sanders. Now step aside, and let the Queen of Dragons burn this slaver to a crisp.

Let's just hope she doesn't provoke Russia and China into burning the world to a crisp though :rotfl: You know, with the imminent second global financial meltdown on the horizon and China owning the massive US debt. Current value of the dollar, the fact that the world is on the brink of not using it any more as global reserve currency and the rush to gold, not exactly greatly encouraging signs

exactly, eat it Bernie you old geezer.

why do you always have to bring up someone's age when you want to poke fun at them? :blink:

Well I really hope you are right with those expectations but something tells me that there's something deeply off with her and that somehow she has something else on her mind rather than making lives easier for the middle and working classes of America. What scares me the most is her foreign policy handlings. As much as I dislike Trump I don't think Hillary would be capable of any less violent and irresponsible acts on the global scene. She's just a better orator. This shouldn't be about the first woman to become President (she's revelled in that possibility for years and years, almost to the point of diminishing the significance of that scenario) it should be about who has got the best ideas and approach for the US, a long term vision rather than the customary imperialistic bs approach.

I have to say the fact that Obama is endorsing her is totally unsurprising, he's been laying the groundwork for her presidency all along, I still don't understand how he could have been made the recipient of a Nobel Peace Prize 6 months into his first term and in the following 7 years he went on to committ more taxpayers dollar on military budget than it had been during the previous Bush administration. The way the situation in Syria has been allowed to drag on for 5 years (mean time they went to Lybia with another illegal war much like it had been the case with Iraq 8 years before) so that it would purposefully reach the current point of critical mass is simply deplorable, they are using the Middle East to deliberately provoke Russia and China into a conflict, and anybody who thinks it's about terrorism and not about global financial/ geopolitical issues is seriously deluded and misinformed

In that respect Hillary is a lying puppet as much as Tony Blair or Bush were and I really don't think that's to be downplayed at all.

If I were a brain I'd fuck your brain. It's so lovely :inlove:

What people need to understand, the US political is a weird system of checks and balances. When you become President, you don't hold the ultimate power. Not everything the President says go. You have to learn to play well with the other parts of the Government branches. You're going to have to sacrifice some of your values to get some sort of backings from the Judicial and Legislative branches to make shit happen. You win some, you lose some. As "corrupt" as people think HRC is, bitch knows the game well to get some things her way. Hard-headed Trump and Bernie are never gonna get any shit done.

Crawling back to Madonna. Pft. I never left Madonna.

Even with my brief time at GagaDaily years ago all I did was post in the Madonna thread. In fact there were a lot of cool Madonna loons there back then. No idea what its like now. They probably banned them all. :lol:

Can I also say I am LOVING how Hillary and Warren are punching the shit out of Trump from both sides left and right and are not letting up. :lol:

I picture them with boxing gloves on ganging up on him as he keeps getting punched in the face.

FBI investigating drone emails as part of Clinton server probe

Washington (CNN)A series of emails about the CIA's drone program are among those being investigated by the FBI as part of its probe into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server while secretary of state, a law enforcement official tells CNN.

Those emails, sent in late 2011 and early 2012, involve a discussion by the then-U.S. ambassador to Pakistan about a planned U.S.-led drone strike in that country, and took place largely on what's called "low side," or non-classified, State Department email system. The planned drone strike was later canceled.
The Wall Street Journal was first to report the details of planned drone strike email discussion.
The exchange in question took place over the December holidays when multiple officials were away from the office and without access to their classified email, and some of the emails were ultimately sent to Secretary Clinton's private email server, according to the official.
The FBI has not yet interviewed Clinton as part of its investigation. As CNN first reported, investigators have not found evidence to support criminal charges against Clinton and none are expected, but no final determination will be made until that interview has taken place.
The CIA drone program is covert and considered classified, so while it is widely discussed in public and in media reports, any discussion of the program on a non-classified system is a violation of government rules. For this reason, the CIA insisted that the emails on the subject be retroactively classified.
Discussion of classified matters on government non-classified email systems is a perennial problem that occurs widely in the government, but damage is typically contained because violators use government email systems. What is not common is a cabinet-level official using a personal server to conduct all official business, outside the protection of government email servers.
Some of Clinton's closest aides, including her longtime adviser Huma Abedin, have provided interviews to federal investigators, U.S. officials briefed on the investigation previously told CNN.
State Department spokesman Mark Toner said in a statement, "As we have said previously, the State Department is not going to speak to the content of documents, nor would we speak to any ongoing review." Clinton's campaign did not immediately respond for comment for this report.
Clinton campaign officials have said she is cooperating fully with the Justice Department review.

Another sign Hillary Clinton’s State Department was for sale

n the latest case of donors to Hillary Clinton’s personal causes winning favor from the Clinton State Department, meet Rajiv Fernando.

The head of a Chicago-based high-frequency-trading firm, Fernando got a seat on the International Security Advisory Board, a group of nuclear scientists, ex-Cabinet secretaries and other experts that looks at the risks of nuclear war.

That puzzled his new fellows: “We had no idea who he was,” one ISAB member told ABC News during its investigation.

Thanks to e-mails uncovered by the watchdog group Citizens United after a years-long Freedom of Information battle, we now know that Fernando was put on the board at the direction of Cheryl Mills, Clinton’s chief of staff at State (and now her personal attorney).

ABC actually started asking questions about Fernando back in 2011. The e-mails show regular State staffers were themselves puzzled about how he’d gotten the job — and were told by Clinton’s flunkies to “stall” on answering ABC.

Before any answer went out, Fernando quit, and the story died.

In advance of getting the prestigious position, he’d been a big Hillary donor, maxing out donations to her presidential PAC in 2007 and 2008, and bundling over 100 grand. He’d also given more than $100,000 to the Clinton Foundation — later rising that to at least $1 million. He’s also bundled for her current White House run. And he’ll be a Hillary superdelegate at the Democratic Convention.

In unrelated news, Clinton this week doubled down on her promises to clean up Wall Street once she becomes president. Right.