2016 American Presidential Election

XXL

What excuse? It is a thread about the Presidential Elections, we are supposed to talk about the candidates, and, you know, compare them. Nobody said that Hillary is the best person on earth, or that she's perfect, but it's the best option against Trump. And the only option, actually.

After several threads and probably more than 50 pages I think we've all understood your point : you hate Hillary Clinton. But since you have no other option (unless you support Trump now that Bernie is over), what is the point of making fun of her every day on this thread? Does that make you feel better?

Beat-Hillary-Punching-Bag-and-Gloves.png

I hope some people watch Hillarys speech on foreign policy right now. This is how you come across "presidential", how you criticize your contender without being offensive on a very personal level. And it is very clear that she really knows what she is talking about. This is miles away from the agressive behaviour and wording of a Donald Trump.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2003/feb/16/iraq.theeuro

"Iraq nets handsome profit by dumping dollar for euro"

I didn't know this :wacko:

:chuckle:

Well there's only 3 countries left that don't have a (Rothschild) privately owned/controlled central bank. There used to be about 8. Pre 9/11 of course. Now it's the turn of Syria, tomorrow is about Iran and North Korea. Today the pious West chastises Assad, tomorrow when they don't need the Saudis against him, they'll "wake up to the notion" of their OPPRESSIVE ROYAL REGIME. And "export some more democracy" in the process.

It's all about money really and creating/exploting divisions that only benefit those who mastermind and pay for these wars, using Westerners tax payers money, taxes that don't even go into services but into paying the astronomical debt alone purposefully created by these people, a sad self-fulfilling vicious circle.

Currency/commodity wars and Western sponsored terrorism are the introduction to the next perfect storm and we are unfortunately already deep into it.

Oh, and I just realize he is once again doing a press conference at his ugly and outdated Trump tower. And WTF people asking him about the shot Gorilla. Seriously?

:rotfl::rotfl:

Hillary speaking about Western media losing the "Information War" back in 2011

We are in an information war and we are losing that war. I'll be very blunt in my assessment. AlJazeera is winning. The Chinese have opened up a global English language and multi language television network. The Russians have opened up an English language network ... I've seen it in a few countries and it's quite instructive :rotfl: We are cutting back, the BBC is cutting back

During the Cold War we did a great job in getting's America's message out and after the Berlin wall fell, we said, ok, fine, enough of that. You know, we've done it, we're done. And unfortunately we are paying a big price for it and our private media cannot fill that gap, in fact our private media, particularly cultural programming often works at counter purposes to what we truly are as Americans and what are values are.

I remember having an Afghan general tell me that the only thing he thought about Americans is that all the men wrestled and the men walked around a bikini, because the only TV he ever saw was Baywatch and WW Wrestling

00:34

Curiously the journalist introducing that report now works for the BBC

Guest Mauro
Trump attacks 'Mexican' judge in Trump U lawsuit

hio5ryt8gqpa56vi9o6l.jpg

Over the course of 12 minutes, Donald Trump used a campaign rally in San Diego on Friday night to lace into the judge overseeing a lawsuit over Trump University, calling him a “hater” and speculating about his ethnicity.

“The trial is going to take place sometime in November. There should be no trial. This should have been dismissed on summary judgment easily,” Trump said. “Everybody says it, but I have a judge who is a hater of Donald Trump, a hater. He’s a hater. His name is Gonzalo Curiel.”

Several lawsuits — two in federal court in San Diego and one in state court in New York — allege that Trump’s now-defunct real estate school, Trump University, made false claims about instructors’ experience. Trump has already acknowledged in a deposition that he did not hand-pick the teachers, as marketing materials claimed, though he insists the program was valuable.

"They actually did a very good job, but I've won most of the lawsuits," he said during a GOP debate in February.

Since then, Trump has repeatedly attacked Curiel and New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, claiming the former is "Spanish" and the latter is out to get him for electoral gain.

At Friday night's rally, he got more specific, telling the crowd he believes Curiel — who was born in the United States — is Mexican.

“The judge, who happens to be, we believe, Mexican, which is great, I think that’s fine,” Trump said, according to the LA Times. “You know what? I think the Mexicans are going to end up loving Donald Trump when I give all these jobs, OK?”

Curiel, who was appointed to the U.S. District Court in November 2011 by President Barack Obama, previously served as a Superior Court judge in San Diego and, for 17 years prior to that, as a federal prosecutor. He was born in East Chicago in 1953 and earned his J.D. in 1979 from the Indiana University School of Law. From 1999-2002, Curiel headed the Narcotics Enforcement Division for the Southern District of California, where he prosecuted drug smugglers working across the U.S.-Mexico border.

Earlier this month, Curiel delayed the start of trial proceedings until November.

Guest Mauro

Donald Trump Doesn't Know What Brexit Is

2CF9AE6300000578-0-image-a-6_14437137577

At the end of the month, there will be a referendum to decide if Britain should leave or remain in the European Union. The implications are radical for the United States: Following World War II, the EU brought stability and order to Europe, and as a single unit it has helped the U.S. with geopolitical responsibilities around the world. On the economic front alone, President Obama has urged against a Brexit, saying it could take as many as 10 years for Britain to negotiate new trade deals with the U.S.

"Brexit is not the source of Europe's trend of disintegration," Vox explains, "But if it happens, it could be the beginning of the end for the most successful U.S. foreign policy ever and a serious blow to U.S. efforts to maintain stability and order in Europe and therefore beyond."
In other words, it is a really big deal.
Enter Donald Trump:
Cj3GIzBW0AAUnH6.jpg
"If there's any pattern to [Trump's] conversation, it's that he's vague on all subjects outside himself, his campaign, and the media. Everything else is mere distraction," Michael Wolff writes in The Hollywood Reporter. Perhaps Trump is so vague because he's just been called on and apparently hasn't done his homework. Read the entire profile of Trump in The Hollywood Reporter. Jeva Lange

Guest Mauro
Trump Says He Never Praised Putin. That’s Just Not True—Trump Loves Putin!
CdHR1qvW4AAZqBG.jpg
Marco Rubio attacked Donald Trump at Thursday’s debate for expressing admiration for Vladimir Putin. “Wrong, wrong, wrong!” Trump said, before explaining that it had been the other way around.
“Putin said about me—I didn't say about Putin—Putin said very nice things about me. And I say, very nicely, ‘Wouldn't it be nice if actually we could get along with Russia?’ ”
There are a few things wrong with this account.
First of all, Trump has most certainly spoken glowingly about Putin. In December 2015, on MSNBC’s Morning Joe, he said, “I've always felt fine about Putin. He's a strong leader, he's a powerful leader. ... He's actually got popularity within his country.”
Trump was impressed with Putin’s popularity: “I think he's up in the 80s. You see where Obama's in the 30s and low 40s and [Putin’s] up in the 80s."
Morning Joe host Joe Scarborough brought up the fact that Putin has been accused of ordering the killing of journalists and political rivals. “He's running his country, and at least he's a leader, unlike what we have in this country,” Trump replied.
Why was Trump talking about Putin on Morning Joe anyway? Because Putin had indeed discussed him at his year-end press conferences the day before, when a reporter asked him his opinion of the Republican candidate. Putin’s response immediately made news in the United States, with media outlets reporting that the Russian president had praised Trump effusively and planted the seeds for some kind of transatlantic authoritarian “bromance.”
But what Putin actually said about Trump is not so self-evident. True, he did unequivocally call him "talented," and noted that he was the "leader" in the presidential race. But as Mother Jones’ Kevin Drum pointed out at the time, different media outlets translated the rest of Putin’s comments in different ways. The New York Times said Putin had called Trump “very bright.” Interfax: “really brilliant.” The BBC, and Slate, said “very outstanding.”
But in all likelihood, none of those quite nailed what Putin was actually saying. The problem is that the word Putin said—yarkii—can have a number of different meanings. And while it’s easy to understand why that would have been widely translated as “bright” in the American press, contextually, the best translation would have probably been the one that was cited least frequently in subsequent days: “flamboyant.”
To its credit, that’s what Reuters went with. The Washington Post did well too, with “very lively.” The Los Angeles Times' Michael Hiltzik gave the most nuanced explanation:
In my dictionary, yarkii can be 'clear, bright, dazzling.' You sometimes hear Russians using the term to denote the bright sky of a bracing, clear morning. I'd go with something like vivid. The word also could mean garish, but I think Putin was trying to be complimentary, and garish would be criticism.
Was it such a compliment, for Donald Trump to have been described as flamboyant, lively, or vivid? Trump certainly took it that way. "When people call you 'brilliant' it's always good, especially when the person heads up Russia," Trump said during that Morning Joe interview. In a statement later he said, "It is always a great honor to be so nicely complimented by a man so highly respected within his own country and beyond."

Guest Mauro
Trump: I consult myself on foreign policy because I have a very good brain

Donald Trump finally shared the name of someone he consults on foreign policy: himself.

Asked on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” who he talks with consistently about foreign policy, Trump responded, “I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things."

"I know what I’m doing and I listen to a lot of people, I talk to a lot of people and at the appropriate time I’ll tell you who the people are," Trump said. “But my primary consultant is myself and I have a good instinct for this stuff."

The New York real estate mogul has kept mum on his foreign policy team, despite promising in early February to release a list of his advisers in “about two weeks."

Trump was also asked on Wednesday morning if his foreign policy was “neoisolationist,” to which he responded “I wouldn’t say that at all.”

Guest Mauro

CNNchryon-660x330.jpg

CNN Calls Out Trump Lie With Snarky Caption [VIDEO]
The twitterverse is snickering at what CNN just did to Trump. Via Mediaite:
Trump has a habit of insisting he didn’t say things that he has very clearly and that we have very reliable proof of, but what good does that knowledge do when his speeches and denials are being broadcast live with no context? CNN has finally found a solution and political hawks on Twitter are celebrating.
As you can see, CNN wrote a fact-checking “(He did)” next to the caption that included his insistence that he never said that Japan should have nukes. In fact, he said it twice. Anderson Cooper gave him the chance to clarify his statements after he said it the first time, and he doubled down.

Thank you for posting the full vid, it's a great speech. Very presidential. :clap:

Hillary is going to crush him in the debates. Trump was debating a bunch of morons during the republican primaries.

I just hope americans can appreciate her rationality and intelligence and not be duped by Trump's idiocy.

Guest Mauro
Clinton opens up double-digit lead over Trump nationwide: Reuters/Ipsos poll

gettyimages-536918774_master.jpg?w=840

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Democratic presidential contender Hillary Clinton has opened up a double-digit lead over Republican rival Donald Trump, regaining ground after the New York billionaire briefly tied her last month, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Friday.

Some 46 percent of likely voters said they supported Clinton, while 35 percent said they supported Trump, and another 19 percent said they would not support either, according to the survey of 1,421 people conducted between May 30 and June 3.

Trump had briefly tied Clinton in support among likely U.S. voters in May, raising expectations for a tight race between the two likely contenders in November's presidential election.

Guest Mauro
Trump Celebrates Diversity At California Rally: Look At My African-American Over Here! Look At Him! [VIDEO]

Minutes ago Donald Trump celebrated diversity at his California rally by pointing to a man in the audience, saying, “Look at my African-American over here! Look at him! You know what I’m talking about!” Watch below. Twitter, of course, is going nuts. Even Twitchy can’t believe it.

Clinton's speech was EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!

She hit the right tone with everything. She both made Trump look like a total clown while walking the line of making sure we reamain scared as hell of him being President. Someone we both should, and shouldnt take seriously.

Clinton opens up double-digit lead over Trump nationwide: Reuters/Ipsos poll
gettyimages-536918774_master.jpg?w=840
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Democratic presidential contender Hillary Clinton has opened up a double-digit lead over Republican rival Donald Trump, regaining ground after the New York billionaire briefly tied her last month, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Friday.
Some 46 percent of likely voters said they supported Clinton, while 35 percent said they supported Trump, and another 19 percent said they would not support either, according to the survey of 1,421 people conducted between May 30 and June 3.
Trump had briefly tied Clinton in support among likely U.S. voters in May, raising expectations for a tight race between the two likely contenders in November's presidential election.

Well I guess the bump from being the official nominee and the republican party coming together didn't last long....

Well I guess the bump from being the official nominee and the republican party coming together didn't last long....

Now Bernie needs to Bern the fuq out! Enough already! Imagine how much higher Hillarys #s will go once that grating grandpa gtfu once and for all!

While Hillary was possibly her 'best' the other day during that speech she still has a *long way to go to become more 'likable' and undue the damage w/ trust, emails etc...Beyond obvious the Dems are doing now what the Rethugs did NOT do during the primaries- go after Trump HARD for many months before all the voting began!

While I'm not enthusiastic about Clinton I absolutely loathe Trump now. He and most of his supporters are white bigoted trash to the max. For entertainment purposes I rooted for him during the Repub. primary mega freak show. As much I hated Rubio, I think if it 'wasn't' for Trump and esp what Christie did to Rubio during that debate (effectively killing his career in a matter of 2 minutes lol), think he easily would've gotten the nom. and most likely decimated Hillary. Luckily there's still 5 months for Hillary and the Dems to do what they hopefully barely started the other day! She needs to keep giving *policy specifics, loosen up and get under Trumps skin over/over.

Trump Celebrates Diversity At California Rally: Look At My African-American Over Here! Look At Him! [VIDEO]
Minutes ago Donald Trump celebrated diversity at his California rally by pointing to a man in the audience, saying, “Look at my African-American over here! Look at him! You know what I’m talking about!” Watch below. Twitter, of course, is going nuts. Even Twitchy can’t believe it.

I still think in my gut this insane, orange cactus truly does NOT want this lol!. And from day 1 (as many claimed) he was just an operative for his good buddies Hillary/Bill to destroy the Repubs.

Based on what I've been reading and hearing, Hillary Clinton is going to being announcing Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren as her Vice President running mate in the coming weeks. Apparently it's very close to happening.

I would be surprised if that happened. Warren's replacement would be a Republican in the Senate (the Republican governor of Massachusetts would appoint her replacement) and Democrats can't afford to lose anyone there. Also, Warren has more power in the Senate than she would as VP. It would be a wise choice to get Berniebots on board, but not a wise choice politically (long-term).

I was sure Hillary would pick Julian Castro, but I have no idea anymore who her choice will be.