MadonnaNation.com Forums
Crux

Diana Ross thread

VogueMusic    0

Love me some Diana. After just having seen "Motown: The Musical" recently, I'm reminded of how much I adore this woman. One of the true great pioneers of the female 'pop' star.

There's nothing I can't stand more than vocalists who know they are merely technically gifted and deliberately go into oversinging mode all the time as if that's supposed to mean or prove anything. To show a soul while singing a song is worth a thousand times more than a silly shrilling contest.

THIS.

Why does Nicki Minaj gets a Billboard accredited hit every time she says 5 words on someone else's song, yet Diana Ross doesn't get to lump hers together for a career total that ties her with Mimiphant for most #1's by a female?

Because Billboard is shit. Always changing or manipulating their "rules".....hmmmm mmmm.

Chimera    0

Fantastic

Love how she candidly fucks it up and her expression for a second then her big smile :lol:

Love me some Diana too,

johnpaul911    0

Does she have any full length concerts on DVD?? I wanna buy one for my boss.. He loves her..

LVX    0

Theme from Mahogany is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.

Guest Rachelle of London   
Guest Rachelle of London

Queen Diana is hands down one of the last remaining legends we have. She is beauty personified

acko    0

THE FIRST FEMALE SUPERSTAR. I've said this before.

So underestimated in terms over her cultural impact.

Routa    0

While we're taking this moment... something that has always pissed me off regarding Billboard: Diana Ross is responsible for lead vocals on 18 US #1 singles, the same number as Mariah Carey.

1. Where Did Our Love Go

2. Baby Love

3. Come See About Me

4. Stop! In The Name Of Love

5. Back In My Arms Again

6. I Hear A Symphony

7. You Can't Hurry Love

8. You Keep Me Hangin' On

9. Love Is Here And Now You're Gone

10. The Happening

11. Love Child

12. Someday We'll Be Together

13. Ain't No Mountain High Enough

14. Touch Me In The Morning

15. Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To)

16. Love Hangover

17. Upside Down

18. Endless Love (duet with Lionel Richie)

Why does Nicki Minaj gets a Billboard accredited hit every time she says 5 words on someone else's song, yet Diana Ross doesn't get to lump hers together for a career total that ties her with Mimiphant for most #1's by a female?

I didnt know, very interesting!

surannée    0

Some of her best cuts were never hits. I love this one since I was 7 and it's pretty dark:

XXL    0

The US had two chances to make "Chain Reaction" a hit and fucked it up both times. :americanlife: The second time we got a slightly spruced up remix.

God bless Funkytown Grooves for reissuing all of her RCA-era albums a few years back. Every song and mix that was officially released on 7" and 12" singles (promo or commercial) made it onto CD and they sound amazing!

You mean the 93 release? :laugh:

XXL    0

I can't find a good video to post of this, so have to share a lyric video. As I mentioned earlier, one of the best ballads ever. How sad and beautiful is this song. I listen to it all the time.

Beautiful indeed

XXL    0

Love how she candidly fucks it up and her expression for a second then her big smile :lol:

:laugh::inlove:

XXL    0

While we're taking this moment... something that has always pissed me off regarding Billboard: Diana Ross is responsible for lead vocals on 18 US #1 singles, the same number as Mariah Carey.

1. Where Did Our Love Go

2. Baby Love

3. Come See About Me

4. Stop! In The Name Of Love

5. Back In My Arms Again

6. I Hear A Symphony

7. You Can't Hurry Love

8. You Keep Me Hangin' On

9. Love Is Here And Now You're Gone

10. The Happening

11. Love Child

12. Someday We'll Be Together

13. Ain't No Mountain High Enough

14. Touch Me In The Morning

15. Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To)

16. Love Hangover

17. Upside Down

18. Endless Love (duet with Lionel Richie)

:lmao::chuckle::thumbsup:

And it's even more baffling when you think about how Dahlin got most of those US number ones in the first place

Unfortunately it's the shitty pay as you go, bought credit, hyped up nothings world that we live in nowadays

And most people buy into it

Diana is amazing.

I love her unique voice, her music, her acting and her bitchy personality is legendary. She's also a style icon. She did it all.

Diana is life. What an icon.

Love me some Diana. After just having seen "Motown: The Musical" recently, I'm reminded of how much I adore this woman. One of the true great pioneers of the female 'pop' star.

THIS.

Because Billboard is shit. Always changing or manipulating their "rules".....hmmmm mmmm.

I'm obsessed with that musical! I've seen it three times (so far). It really made me appreciate Diana and The Supremes as well even more than before.

Berry Gordy is heavily involved with that musical and when I first saw it, it was kinda astonishing to me to see that he still holds Diana in such high regard. He really adores Ms. Ross. I always roll my eyes when people say Diana only got where she was because she was sleeping with her boss. Of course it gave her more opportunities but she also had a unique sound and an it quality and charisma.

She was really one of the first female superstars. Certainly no black woman had ever been that big.

Anyway, I love her music. Everything from the Supremes to her solo stuff. The "Blue" album is one of my faves. She can do it all.