MadonnaNation.com Forums
Guest bluejean

Troye Sivan

20 hours ago, Nick said:

I can't get into most of Troye's music as of now. It's a little too mainstream pop without an edge.

Have to say, I will listen to some of the album tracks again to get a better feel.

Try "Blue", it's his best song and not typical pop.

On 12/20/2018 at 6:25 PM, VogueMusic said:

giphy.gif

He may not be the most interesting "Pop Star" (he is reflective of his generation), but the album is fantastic. He's putting out some of the most well produced pop music right now, and hands down one of the best records of the year.

Beautiful (actual) melodies, great production, solid mixing, good videos, etc.  And it's unapologetically gay as all hell. And not whiny, woe-is-me shit.

The first album was good, but this is a much tighter, stronger body of work with even more mainstream appeal (that should be far more successful than it has been).

thumb image

23 hours ago, bitsy said:

Try "Blue", it's his best song and not typical pop.

Ok I 'll give it a listen!

His golden globes look

DwRVjg3UYAAIAjr?format=jpg&name=large

hello high school graduation. but i wish he would have won for best song and i hope he gets an oscar nom.

M could use this youtube premiere reminder

Corbinfisher set

My My My was the song of 2018, in my book. :fag:

I really like his album. The lyrics/themes feel effortless and the music is quite sophisticated. I find a lot of recent pop has a nice beat, okay melodies but then the lyrics/vocals are just cringe/try hard.

He’s pretty fucking great. Bloom has definitely grown on me since the first listen. And while I rank it as one of my top 10 albums of last year, I still find Blue Neighborhood superior to be the better album. Bloom has one too many ballads on it for my liking. I think it could have used another bop like My, My, My. 

Overall, I wholeheartedly agree, he is absolutely one of the best pop stars out right now. When you compare him to the garbage that IS out there right now, that statement leans towards a fact rather than an opinion. And he’s certainly the best MALE pop star out there by a country mile. He deserves far more mainstream success than he’s received. But, alas, America only loves their gays to be like Will from Will & Grace. Gay and fun and straight looking, but rue the day when they start wearing makeup and heels and are too fem for Nebraska. 

i love troye...damn his new song is so good - very pop but in a good way - and i am so glad he is lgbt singing about another boy

the video is cute too.

2 hours ago, Jitterbug said:

I can’t stand him

How come?