MadonnaNation.com Forums
Guest bluejean

Troye Sivan

On 6/6/2018 at 9:41 PM, peter said:

tend to agree, tbh. the make-up is especially odd in a couple set-ups.

Haha! Well, thanks for making me feel like my intepretation is valid, even when I’m clearly wrong.

In some ways, it illustrates Madonna’s quote from around 2000 ... how she is sometimes reluctant to share the specific inspiration for a song. I think her example was that, if she rights a beautiful love song because of a fly, she doesn’t want people to be thinking of the fly when they hear the song. (I think this was the same interview where she shared that the germ for the chorus of “Music” came from a Sting concert — and the way the vibe of the audience changed when he started playing old classics...) But I digress.

I'm a firm believer in "death of the author," and I think it applies to all art -- not just literature. Authorial intent just doesn't have to anything to do with interpretation.

4 hours ago, cruncher9123 said:

I get the impression that he's been told how cute he is throughout his teenage years, so now that he's a skinny twink he thinks he's the shit when in fact.......

I'm not into twinks, but this is a ridiculous and needlessly mean-spirited comment.

I don’t like some of his aesthetic of changing into multiple looks.It’s a bit too much like caca but you can tell that underneath he has his own sense of style. 

6 hours ago, cruncher9123 said:

I get the impression that he's been told how cute he is throughout his teenage years, so now that he's a skinny twink he thinks he's the shit when in fact.......

Apparently he was bullied. Plus what’s worse is he’s from my city and I know people that have known him in person before he was famous. So he seems like a local act here. 

14 hours ago, cruncher9123 said:

Having seen a few of his old youtube vids and some recent interviews, I've never gotten that impression.

17 hours ago, cruncher9123 said:

I saw him live with the previous album and didn't get that vibe from him at all.

I like it. I think the live arrangement needs a little more punch, and to bring the tempo up a bit though.

3 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

I like it. I think the live arrangement needs a little more punch, and to bring the tempo up a bit though.

I still kinda like this track. I agree that the the live arrangement could’ve been much better.

I’m not too crazy about his choice of wearing a big oversized shirt.

Well people love him, so he’s doing something right.

6 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

I love him and this song is addictive

I listen it every day

I BLOOM AH UUUU 4 YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

On 6/10/2018 at 10:14 AM, cruncher9123 said:

What do you want him to do? Hate himself?

Sorry but your comment reeks of sour grapes.

On 6/12/2018 at 8:18 AM, VogueMusic said:

LOVING IT

On 6/10/2018 at 1:14 PM, cruncher9123 said:

:rotfl:

1 hour ago, Magician said:

VILE

The titles King and Queen of pop do NOT belong to these two. :banghead:   My blood boils everytime they use these titles for any new young stars or any other stars for that matter. .  Madonna and MJ are the true holders of these titles. 

6 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

The titles King and Queen of pop do NOT belong to these two. :banghead:   My blood boils everytime they use these titles for any new young stars or any other stars for that matter. .  Madonna and MJ are the true holders of these titles. 

Prince was more of a King to me but MJ undoubtedly deserves the title due to international success alone.

Who cares? Let these kids have their day. 

I hope he supports Madonna on the Mothership Magic Method Tour 2019.

I want to like him but he doesn't have that big a range with his voice. Always singing in monotone.  

I like the duet but it's not something I'm going to willingly put on. It's good for background noise.

9 hours ago, Marco said:

Prince was more of a King to me but MJ undoubtedly deserves the title due to international success alone.

I definitely prefer Prince to MJ too by a long way but MJ has always been known as the King of Pop like Elvis is the King.  Madonna is the undisputed Queen of Pop

6 hours ago, Suedy said:

Who cares? Let these kids have their day. 

I hope he supports Madonna on the Mothership Magic Method Tour 2019.

I care !   :lol:  My blood boils when I hear people call the likes of Beyonce, Kylie, Taylor,  Gaga, Katy, Britney etc the Queen of Pop.  Even more crazy to use that title for new stars.   I actually love Ariana but she is not the Queen of Pop.  It is like when you hear kids talk about the greatest sportsmen and woman etc of all time and they  completely dismiss the greats before them and give excuses such why today's stars are so much better.   One of my quirks I suppose but I think it shows ignorance and complete disrespect. 

Their latest track sounds pretty good. It’s just very silly to proclaim Troye and Grande king and queen of pop🤴 I recognize how youngish writers mostly care for what’s happening right now in pop culture..

10 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I definitely prefer Prince to MJ too by a long way but MJ has always been known as the King of Pop like Elvis is the King.  Madonna is the undisputed Queen of Pop

I care !   :lol:  My blood boils when I hear people call the likes of Beyonce, Kylie, Taylor,  Gaga, Katy, Britney etc the Queen of Pop.  Even more crazy to use that title for new stars.   I actually love Ariana but she is not the Queen of Pop.  It is like when you hear kids talk about the greatest sportsmen and woman etc of all time and they  completely dismiss the greats before them and give excuses such why today's stars are so much better.   One of my quirks I suppose but I think it shows ignorance and complete disrespect. 

Makes my blood boil too. It’s also infuriating when everything is referred to as “iconic” nowadays. That is supposed to be a well-earned term last time I checked. I don’t fit with other Millennials. I was born in the wrong era lol

5 minutes ago, Marco said:

Makes my blood boil too. It’s also infuriating when everything is referred to as “iconic” nowadays. That is supposed to be a well-earned term last time I checked. I don’t fit with other Millennials. I was born in the wrong era lol

Yes. Same with everyone getting standing ovations for average performances at award shows.  People that become rich and famous for being music stars should be great performers with talent and be true professionals 

Love that duet with Ariana, ❤️

56 minutes ago, Marco said:

The word “iconic” is definitely thrown around all the time.

I first noticed it several years ago with dumb caca fans. 

Troye Sivan > > > > > > > >  justin biever

22 hours ago, spazz said:

Troye Sivan > > > > > > > >  justin biever

+1.

Ps: is it that time of the year where we guess the color of his blooming flower?

c29d66b4de79c795987dfab0aeae0e4c.jpg

I would say coral in the winter months and salmon in the summer months, with varying shades of in between in the spring and fall.