MadonnaNation.com Forums
Guest bluejean

Troye Sivan

1 hour ago, VogueMusic said:

HOLY SHIT.

How did I miss this!!!!!!!???????

I am OBSESSED with this song right now. And bringing back that old-school sound with the drum machines and everything......:drama::drama::drama::drama::drama:

Finally, music that actually sounds like music.

Bring on the album. NOW.

!Isn’t her great @VogueMusic!!!!!!!!!

I’m Not sure about this song. Something seems a little off when I listen to it. I can’t quite put my finger on it. I still enjoy it though. Better than anything else im hearing on the radio these days (by a country mile). im really enjoying everything Troye has put out the past few months. I’m so ready for the album to drop,. I really hope the album is successful herein North America. 

he wrote a whole song about an anus wink, gave it a melody and you guys dig that? oy.

i think i made it clear i like effeminate guys but he gives me the wrong vibe.  i get rara vibes.

1 hour ago, eroticerotic said:

he wrote a whole song about an anus wink, gave it a melody and you guys dig that? oy.

Uh.....yeah.

:lmao:

Seriously though, all sorts of good songs are written about some weird shit. So what.

His songs are actually pretty good. I was skeptical of him because of the over praise from annoying lgbtq media 

On 5/7/2018 at 9:35 AM, eroticerotic said:

i think i made it clear i like effeminate guys but he gives me the wrong vibe.  i get rara vibes.

:lmao:

On 5/7/2018 at 4:35 AM, eroticerotic said:

Which song is this?

Bloom 🌸

I love that we have artists like Troye and Olly from Y&Y out and proud and making pop music. They are young and on their way up, plenty of time for them to grow into even better singer songwriters. I support! 

Gutted that we have to wait another 3 months. Ive been waiting impatiently for this record since My My My came out and converted me into a huge fan. Cant believe its already been 4 months since it was released.

Don’t like him. Voice is so thin and boring stage presence and fashion appearance. Can’t he do a Madonna and reinvent himself? Overrated. 

I'm kind of stunned no one's posted this yet:

Love this song. Love that there's a pop song about bottoming that's gonna smash. Love the looks in this video. Love the "Vogue" homage:

Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 8.23.14 PM.png

I thought this guy was OK early on, and his stuff got pretty good around "Wild," but this new song and video are spectacular. I'm becoming a super fan.

40 minutes ago, material_boy said:

Love this song. Love that there's a pop song about bottoming that's gonna smash. Love the looks in this video. Love the "Vogue" homage:

I enjoy “Bloom,” but I see it more as a metaphor for becoming more and more one’s own self in a nurturing relationship... “opening up” in an emotional sense? Sharing intimate parts of your inner life with someone to whom you feel close and with whom you feel safe. 

I also appreciated the “Vogue” visual references in the new video. Glad Madonna gives him such confidence! 

for me, the video doesnt match the song. and some of the lewks don't suit him. i hope he smashes but he might be a gay niche market girl.

but it is an important video for the youth!

10 minutes ago, peter said:

I enjoy “Bloom,” but I see it more as a metaphor for becoming more and more one’s own self in a nurturing relationship... “opening up” in an emotional sense? Sharing intimate parts of your inner life with someone to whom you feel close and with whom you feel safe. 

I also appreciated the “Vogue” visual references in the new video. Glad Madonna gives him such confidence! 

Troye said that it's about giving up your anal V-card for someone special. He even launched the song with the hashtag #bopsaboutbottoming.

But everyone's interpretation is valid, of course.

14 minutes ago, tuckeye said:

for me, the video doesnt match the song. and some of the lewks don't suit him. i hope he smashes but he might be a gay niche market girl.

tend to agree, tbh. the make-up is especially odd in a couple set-ups.

12 minutes ago, material_boy said:

Troye said that it's about giving up your anal V-card for someone special. He even launched the song with the hashtag #bopsaboutbottoming.

But everyone's interpretation is valid, of course.

Haha! Well, thanks for making me feel like my intepretation is valid, even when I’m clearly wrong.

In some ways, it illustrates Madonna’s quote from around 2000 ... how she is sometimes reluctant to share the specific inspiration for a song. I think her example was that, if she rights a beautiful love song because of a fly, she doesn’t want people to be thinking of the fly when they hear the song. (I think this was the same interview where she shared that the germ for the chorus of “Music” came from a Sting concert — and the way the vibe of the audience changed when he started playing old classics...) But I digress.

The video is cool but the song doesn't do anything for me.

"Bloom" is INCREDIBLE.  I've been stanning hard for this song since the single release.

Love hearing a pop song that actually has a melody and an actual song structure these days.

And that drum machine... takes me back to the 80s and 90s stuff I loved growing up.

Love it. Love it. Love it.

11 hours ago, material_boy said:

I'm kind of stunned no one's posted this yet:

dm2zc4.jpg

3 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

"Bloom" is INCREDIBLE.  I've been stanning hard for this song since the single release.

Love hearing a pop song that actually has a melody and an actual song structure these days.

And that drum machine... takes me back to the 80s and 90s stuff I loved growing up.

Love it. Love it. Love it.

:clap:

He has a piece of my heart. One of the best male pop stars to arrive in a VERY LONG TIME. 

He's still working out some of his kinks, but with time, I think he'll continue to evolve as a force to be reckoned with. This is was I was hoping for from Adam Lambert when he shot to fame. What a disappointment that ended up being. 

36 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

He has a piece of my heart. One of the best male pop stars to arrive in a VERY LONG TIME. 

He's still working out some of his kinks, but with time, I think he'll continue to evolve as a force to be reckoned with. This is was I was hoping for from Adam Lambert when he shot to fame. What a disappointment that ended up being. 

The thing with Adam is that he went the male Gaga schtick early on. If it didn't work for her then of course it wasn't going to work for him either.

2 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

The thing with Adam is that he went the male Gaga schtick early on. If it didn't work for her then of course it wasn't going to work for him either.

I hate singing competition shows, but Lambert had a few very good songs on his first album. I use to listen to them quite a bit. Never close our eyes was a good song too.

3 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

Sadly, I believe the record execs really neutered him, stripped him down, and tried putting him in so many different boxes and genres. 

'Let's make him pop! No, ROCK! Maybe we can make him the new Bowie! Ok, let's make him Gaga!)

So by the time he was finally able to be himself, the general public moved on. I think he should've been much bigger than he was. 

5 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

I always thought Troye was OK -- maybe a bit overrated by the YouTube tweens. "Wild" came along and I thought "OK, he's pretty good. But the stuff he's released from this upcoming album is flat-out brilliant. "My My My" was very good, "The Good Side" was fantastic, and now "Bloom." I haven't been this excited for an album ages.

August can't come soon enough.

3 hours ago, Nick said:

I hate singing competition shows, but Lambert had a few very good songs on his first album. I use to listen to them quite a bit. Never close our eyes was a good song too.

I know what you mean. I actually bought his debut on release and I'm seeing him live this weekend with Queen.

But his ship sailed a long time ago. Same as Darren Hayes.

14 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

I know what you mean. I actually bought his debut on release and I'm seeing him live this weekend with Queen.

But his ship sailed a long time ago. Same as Darren Hayes.

Im sure that show will be good! 

On 6/7/2018 at 9:21 AM, tuckeye said:

Im a huge fan like everyone else and can't wait for the album also but ive been thinking the same thing, he's in danger of ending up stuck in a gay niche market after showing some of the biggest potential of any pop star we have seen in recent years.

On 6/6/2018 at 9:41 PM, peter said:

.......she shared that the germ for the chorus of “Music” came from a Sting concert........

What!?  Thanks for ruining the "Music" for me.

On 5/21/2018 at 9:46 PM, Jitterbug said:

Don’t like him. Voice is so thin and boring stage presence and fashion appearance. Can’t he do a Madonna and reinvent himself? Overrated. 

I get the impression that he's been told how cute he is throughout his teenage years, so now that he's a skinny twink he thinks he's the shit when in fact.......