MadonnaNation.com Forums
Guest bluejean

Troye Sivan

TROYE-SIVAN-OUT-LEAD.jpg.750x400_q85_box

Singer-songwriter Troye Sivan is set to bring a troubling aspect of the queer experience to the big screen this fall in “Boy Erased.” The movie, in which Sivan acts alongside Lucas Hedges, Nicole Kidman and Russell Crowe, is based on author Garrard Conley’s experiences with “conversion therapy,” a harmful and scientifically discredited practice that claims to change people’s sexual orientation through counseling.

But there’s one movie role that Sivan ― who is no stranger to incorporating LGBTQ themes into his music and performances ― would’ve loved to play: Elio, the lovelorn protagonist of 2017′s Oscar-nominated gay romance, “Call Me by Your Name.” 

“It was such a beautiful book and movie,” Sivan told Pop Crush in a Feb. 22 interview. “I really feel like that was the first time, pretty much ever, that I’ve looked at a character and been like, ‘I 100 percent relate to that person.’”

Sivan said his connection to the character was aesthetic, too, “even down to his body type and the way that he looks.” 

“I look at his body and I’m like, ‘That’s my body.’ Like skinny, small little nipples, pale,” he added. “Like everything down to the nipples, it’s me.” 

Rest assured, however: Sivan is not bitter that another young star landed the part ― and earned an Oscar nomination for his efforts. 

“I think that it 100 percent was made for Timothée Chalamet,” he said.

DFcHcNyWsAEAzsK.jpg

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/troye-sivan-call-me-by-your-name_us_5a99a379e4b0a0ba4ad31d9c?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

It is refreshing to note that, despite the pressures that must be placed by his record company to reduce the queer dimension of his image (because of the impact it has on his ability to break through commercially on a large scale), Troye persists and continues to be gayer every week that passes. :clap:

The guy has no pressure by his record company about that, sorry.
Just watch his BLUE NEIGHBORHOOD trilogy and you'll see they are all behind him and support him. 
For the album, he got an average score of 80/100 on Metacritic - I can assure you the record company won't let him down after that, no matter what he does. 

Not sure exactly what you think they expect from him, but they clearly don't think he is the new Katy Perry. That's all in your mind. 

he should be a big commercial success!

He is beautiful. I bet he has one of those completely smooth plastic looking twink holes that just loves being tongue fucked for hours.

2 hours ago, Elysium said:

He is beautiful. I bet he has one of those completely smooth plastic looking twink holes that just loves being tongue fucked for hours.

GIF-do-want-like-likes-Matthew-McConaugh

And it’s a beautiful shade of pink.

14 hours ago, spotlight said:

GIF-do-want-like-likes-Matthew-McConaugh

And it’s a beautiful shade of pink.

Oh yeah...on the colour chart below I'd say his hole is 'blush' pink. :horny:

Shades of Pink-660x400.jpg

1 hour ago, Elysium said:

:chuckle::chuckle:

New song by Troy Sivan will be on the “Love Simon”  original motion picture soundtrack (yeah, never heard of the movie either)

song is called Straberries and Cigarettes. Song will be availble on Friday 

https://itunes.apple.com/by/album/love-simon-original-motion-picture-soundtrack/1334779517

ETA: the movie is a gay romantic comedy 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/love-simon-how-teen-gay-romance-was-marketed-wide-audiences-1092554

On 3/5/2018 at 2:32 PM, Elysium said:

Oh. 

Now that you mention it..... 

And I peg it as a beautiful shade of CREPE on the color wheel. :inlove:

On 6/3/2018 at 1:18 PM, Elysium said:

I'd say it's more crepe.

The remixes are trash

troye-sivan-wonderland-magazine-10.jpg

troye-sivan-wonderland-magazine-09.jpg

troye-sivan-wonderland-magazine-08.jpg

troye-sivan-wonderland-magazine-07.jpg

troye-sivan-wonderland-magazine-06.jpg

troye-sivan-wonderland-magazine-05.jpg

troye-sivan-wonderland-magazine-04.jpg

troye-sivan-wonderland-magazine-03.jpg

troye-sivan-wonderland-magazine-02.jpg

troye-sivan-wonderland-magazine-01.jpg

That’s the best perf of the song so far! Well done Troy!

Troys new song 

its cute

TROYE SIVAN AND SIR IAN MCKELLEN USHER IN A BRAND NEW ERA OF ATTITUDE

Two generations of queer superstardom lead your new-look magazine.

2018-04-26

This month marks the beginning of an exciting new era in the history of Attitude, and we couldn't think of a better way to mark the occasion that with two of the world's most important and influential LGBT figures both past and present.

Queer pop superstar Troye Sivan and legendary actor and activist Sir Ian McKellen lead our brand new June issue - available to download and in shops now - as the pair open up about life, love and activism in their most revealing interviews ever.

The wonder boy of pop, Troye came out via his YouTube channel in 2013, and went on to release his critically lauded debut albumBlue Neighbourhood in 2015.

Troye_S01_015_watermarked.jpg

Troye Sivan, shot exclusively for Attitude's June issue by Damon Baker

Part of a new generation of out and proud pop stars, Troye prepares to release his highly anticipated follow-up album this summer and reveals what fans can expect from the album, as well as opening up about his relationship with model Jacob Bixenman.

Meanwhile, May 2018 marks thirty years since the introduction of Section 28 – the heinous government legislation that banned schools and local authorities from mentioning or ‘promoting’ homosexuality.

It was this legislation that inspired Sir Ian McKellen to come out live on a BBC radio show and help found Stonewall, the LGBT+ rights charity.

I was JUST coming in this thread to ask what the fuck he was doing and why he hasn't released anything since the last two singles. 

LOVE THESE. 

is bloom about being a bottom! love it!

Do any of his songs have actual melodies?

Yes 

Troye is the shit. :bow:

On 5/3/2018 at 6:07 AM, spotlight said:

HOLY SHIT.

How did I miss this!!!!!!!???????

I am OBSESSED with this song right now. And bringing back that old-school sound with the drum machines and everything......:drama::drama::drama::drama::drama:

Finally, music that actually sounds like music.

Bring on the album. NOW.

On 5/3/2018 at 11:30 AM, LVX said:

Do any of his songs have actual melodies?

clapping.gif